PDA

View Full Version : Double Shot of Cena On The Rocks Or: How I learned To Stop Worrying And Love WWE

Taker it Easy
08-15-2011, 01:45 PM
:love:Good wrestling:love:

Nuff mushy stuff, now time for man talk :rant:.

The crowd last night during Punk vs. Cena was out of this world. I am pretty sure you could hear them all the way over in cold Russia :naughty:. They popped more than when the pair had fought in Punks home town, the windy city.

WWE seems to have set the bar high, far in advance of Wrestlemania to boot.

So my question is, how can Cena vs. The Rock at Wrestlemania top this? Or perhaps the real question is, how can The Rock top CM Punk?

XL
08-15-2011, 01:50 PM
I think it'll be a similar dynamic.

At the moment we have marks/kids/women cheering Cena, smarks/smarts/adult males cheering Punk.

Just replace Punk with Rock.

They don't need to do all that much really, it's Rock's first match (supposedly) in 8 years.

Taker it Easy
08-15-2011, 01:55 PM
That seem right but I don't know if The Rock can win me over like Punk has, or even show me something exciting and on par with what we have seen.

XL
08-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Maybe not you, nor I, but for the most part the crowd - in the arena and here - ate up everything the Rock did pre-Mania.

Rock Bottom
08-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Punk needs a lot more babyface time to be as over as Rock. If he keeps it up, it'll happen. Period. While The Rock's era has passed in wrestling, he's still pretty young. His comebacks aren't exactly like some washed up guy coming back for nostalgia. It's between that and the fact that the Attitude Era has a lot of die hard fans, and despite it being a thing of the past, we still want to cling to whatever we can from that time.

The Rock is pretty much a living legend right now. Punk's still rising, even as long as he's been at it. But it'll happen. As far as the smarks go, there are going to be a lot who favor Punk more than Rock, but not many of them will have a reason to like one more than the other if they have different opponents. At least as far as the crowd goes. And as mentioned above, you have Cena vs. Rock in Rock's hometown. You pretty much can replace Punk with Rock in that scenario. The crowd will be thunderous.

Another contributing factor will be that if people were sick of John Cena yesterday, and the month before, imagine what it will be like with months still to pass.

RP
08-15-2011, 02:40 PM
I trust that Rock will bring it and I think Cena can keep up, so it could be epic.

St. Jimmy
08-15-2011, 03:01 PM
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-09-21/1253515153167.jpg

Rock Bottom
08-15-2011, 03:04 PM
really

ThePhantom
08-15-2011, 03:16 PM
CM Punk is cheered by male 18-35 years old. If you think The Rock doesn't have these same people foaming out the mouth each time he comes down to the ring, you need some help. Not to mention it is in Miami his home town. What happened in Chicago for Punk will not even come close to the reaction The Rock is going to get when his music hits.

St. Jimmy
08-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Punk is amazing, Rock is boring.

Punk = :D
Rock = :sleep:

The Ravishing One
08-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Rock does need to freshen it up. He can't go out and cut the same type of promo time after time.

Nicky Fives
08-16-2011, 08:59 AM
The hotter the IWC gets for Punk, the less reaction Rock will get at Wrestlemania.....

Theo Dious
08-16-2011, 09:12 AM
Rock does need to freshen it up. He can't go out and cut the same type of promo time after time.

Why not? It worked for him for years.

Xero
08-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Punk isn't and likely will never be as over as a face as Rock. There's no problems. Rock vs. Cena will be MUCH bigger than Cena vs. Punk.

Rock Bottom
08-16-2011, 11:31 AM

Rock did a checklist of all of his catch phrases when he came back, but I really don't see what you mean other than that.

He's bringing it via satellite pretty good.

Rock Bottom
08-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Especially that last promo.

Kane Knight
08-16-2011, 12:08 PM
CM Punk is cheered by male 18-35 years old. If you think The Rock doesn't have these same people foaming out the mouth each time he comes down to the ring, you need some help. Not to mention it is in Miami his home town. What happened in Chicago for Punk will not even come close to the reaction The Rock is going to get when his music hits.

It's a bunch of fucktards with Punk's cock on their tonsils and a bunch of douchebags playing the roles. I wouldn't taker them too seriously.

Loved the thread title, though. Great Doctor Strangelove ref.

Jordan
08-16-2011, 02:40 PM
Yeah think Rock will fill the role with ease. I also have hope that he will "bring it" up to date when he starts coming around. Plus the fact that he has signed to wrestle at a few PPV's surprises me and will probably throw something new into the loop we didn't expect.

It's dangerous but I'd love it if Rock really turned heel on Cena and started being a son of a bitch to him, maybe even revealing he was hired by McMahon to take out Cenanation before it becomes the next Hulkamania.

It's dangerous cause you know the crowd will be mostly pro-Rock at Wresltemania in Miami.... Very curious to see how it unfolds.

The Ravishing One
08-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Rock did a checklist of all of his catch phrases when he came back, but I really don't see what you mean other than that.

He's bringing it via satellite pretty good.

Yeah the catchphrases at Mania were dull. It was cool when he returned and turned things sideways, but after the 2nd/3rd time I was smh.

Mr. Nerfect
08-16-2011, 09:35 PM
The Rock is a different product to Punk, really. Punk vs. Rock could make some money in its own right. But yeah, the reaction for The Rock is certainly not going to be quiet. Especially in his hometown.

But let's say that the WWE isn't really impressed with their Mania buzz next year -- you can always have CM Punk win the 2012 Royal Rumble and crash the Cena/Rock party. A Triple Threat between the three for the WWE Title would be pretty epic.

Captain of Fun
08-16-2011, 09:46 PM
I don't know, I'd rather see rock come back in a singles match. Punk can still win the rumble, as Rock/Cena is big enough where the title doesn't need to be involved.

Honestly though, I really don't see how they would need to change anything. There might be a few people here jaded by the rock's return, but the vast majority of wwe fans still go nuts for him.

Skippord
08-17-2011, 03:38 AM
is this thread presented by Tyler Perry?

Captain of Fun
08-17-2011, 03:51 AM
is this thread presented by Tyler Perry?

It doesn't seem terrible enough.