PDA

View Full Version : What are the New X Division Rules?

Riker
08-19-2011, 02:13 PM
I keep seeing references to a recent change Bischoff made to the X Division rules and rankings.

I cant find a single definite answer on the web.

What changes were made? What difference does it make, and is it more entertaining? I also notice that brought with it a ton of new talent.

St. Jimmy
08-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Weight Limit of 215 or 230 or something practical like that.

Wishbone
08-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Like Jimmy said just a weight limit which is odd considering that before Destination X they made such a big deal about the X division saying "It's not about weight limits it's about no limits." but whatever.

St. Jimmy
08-19-2011, 03:16 PM
C O N spiracy.

Nicky Fives
08-19-2011, 04:25 PM
I think the weight limit was 225 pounds......

XL
08-19-2011, 05:03 PM
I think the weight limit was a stupid idea.......

RiX1024
08-19-2011, 05:59 PM
might as well add a cruiserweight title for that weight limit.

Sonofanarchy
08-19-2011, 06:42 PM
He thinks this is some great idea to re-create the cruiserweight division in WCW as it brought so much sucess(WCWs awsome lower card)

The thing is X-Division is the same idea without a weight limit, so its just counter productive.

Remeber the fake weight ins they've done in the past? Disco inferno on the treadmil trying to get down to 220, dito for matt hardy.

The Bish isn't good at what he does, he just had a blank check to do whatever he wanted and failed....

Him Hogan and the Jarretts would have been better of buying WCW all those years ago, TNA would have started with a known name as well as all those trade-marks.

Droford
08-19-2011, 08:28 PM
lol

Kurt weighed in at 234 even though the tale of the tape said 240.
Sting weighed in at 258 even though the tale of the tape said 240

I dont trust TNAs scales.

Riker
08-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Wait, so he is trying to recreate the Division that he said "didnt draw a dime" and were full of vanilla midgets?

KIRA
08-20-2011, 04:52 AM
Wait, so he is trying to recreate the Division that he said "didnt draw a dime" and were full of vanilla midgets?

Pretty sure that was Quad tear McChickenlegs AKA Kevin Nash who said that

Fox
08-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Kind of stupid considering some of the best X-Division matches in history include an over the weight limit Samoa Joe.

Rollermacka
08-20-2011, 01:11 PM
I dont trust TNAs scales.

I love the way wrestling scales work, Jacob Novak was 260lbs yet Cena weighs 240. Anyways, I don't think there's anything "diffrent" about the X Division besides all the new wrestlers. I didn't realize till it was pointed out to me, Amazing Reds gone, Gen Me gone, Lethal is gone, Ink Inc and the Brittish Invasion haven't been seen since losing to Mexican America. Hopefully with all the new X Divison wrestlers, some will stick around and become a main eventer some day

Mr. JL
08-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Sounds stupid.

Shadow
08-20-2011, 03:09 PM
There are rules?

Sonofanarchy
08-20-2011, 07:28 PM
why doesn't he make throwing someone over the top rope and going on he top rope and auto DQ while he's at it...

They're WCW Re-Incarnated anyway (were those WCW rules around in the NWA World Championship Wresgtling on TBS days?)

Gentleman GAGA
08-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Those of you that hate TNA with a passion can now thank Bischoff for killing the X-Division with the idiotic weight limit rule.

parkmania
08-21-2011, 05:37 PM
I guess the change means we'll never see the return of Master P and the No Limit Soldiers.

Rollermacka
08-21-2011, 11:51 PM
I guess the change means we'll never see the return of Master P and the No Limit Soldiers.

Why can't we see BA as X Division champ? I'm still waiting for Swoll and 4X4 to get the call and become TNA tag champs (with Master P as manager of course)

DLVH84
08-22-2011, 12:34 AM
The traditional light heavyweight/junior heavyweight/cruiserweight weight limit is 235 lbs. maximum. I believe TNA is making a huge mistake, giving the X-Division a weight limit, where their motto of the division was "No Limits."

Tom Guycott
08-22-2011, 02:12 AM

The angle here is that they're "reluctantly" rebuilding the X-Division at the request of "the network".

Fox
08-22-2011, 02:51 AM
That's fucking stupid.

XL
08-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Those of you that hate TNA with a passion can now thank Bischoff for killing the X-Division with the idiotic weight limit rule.
Now, now. I don't think it will "kill" the division by any means. They're just needlessly limiting the writing/what they can do with the division/smaller guys.

Gentleman GAGA
08-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Now, now. I don't think it will "kill" the division by any means. They're just needlessly limiting the writing/what they can do with the division/smaller guys.

Do you honestly see the X-Division going strong for much longer with TNA's flip flopping creative staff? After that great Destination X PPV, I wanted to be hopeful but I'll give it maybe a year before Russo or whoever decides to merge the title with the Television title.

DLVH84
08-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Why can't we see BA as X Division champ? I'm still waiting for Swoll and 4X4 to get the call and become TNA tag champs (with Master P as manager of course)

Well, BA is a pioneer of the X-Division. After all, he was the last man to hold the original WCW World Light Heavyweight Championship.

Sonofanarchy
08-23-2011, 04:31 PM
<TABLE class=titletable width="50%"><TBODY><TR class=nowrap><TD class=wrestlers>Brian Pillman (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GG4XWY?ie=UTF8&tag=wrestitles-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B000GG4XWY)http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=wrestitles-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B000GG4XWY</TD><TD class=date>91/10/27</TD><TD class=location>Chattanooga, TN</TD></TR><TR><TD class=remark colSpan=3>Defeats Richard Morton(Ricky Morton) in tournament final.</TD></TR><TR class=nowrap><TD class=wrestlers>Jushin Thunder Liger (http://www.puroresu.com/personalities/liger.html)</TD><TD class=date>91/12/25</TD><TD class=location>Atlanta, GA</TD></TR><TR class=nowrap><TD class=wrestlers>Brian Pillman (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GG4XWY?ie=UTF8&tag=wrestitles-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B000GG4XWY)http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=wrestitles-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B000GG4XWY [2]</TD><TD class=date>92/02/29</TD><TD class=location>Milwaukee, WI</TD></TR><TR class=nowrap><TD class=wrestlers>Scotty Flamingo</TD><TD class=date>92/06/20</TD><TD class=location>Mobile, AL</TD></TR><TR class=nowrap><TD class=wrestlers>Brad Armstrong</TD><TD class=date>92/07/05</TD><TD class=location>Atlanta, GA</TD></TR><TR><TD class=remark colSpan=3>Vacated on 92/09/02 because of injury; abandoned in 92/09 when the scheduled tournament is postponed and forgotten.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

why did I never hear of this, was it just forgot, did it go to japan and never come back or was it merged with the cruiserweight tittle, whats the story I don't remember this, 92 I only saw WWF and around 93 I discovered WCW Saturday Night affter watching back to to future on TBS, but only saw it from time to time wondering why the ring was so small.

Anyone ever see the WWF matches they did in the WCW Saturday Night studios using the WCW Ring (post black saturday WWF presents World Championship Wrestling, part of the contract was to have matches in the studio and not just be filled with house show matches and squashes from their other programes)

DLVH84
08-23-2011, 04:58 PM
The story was that Brad Armstrong was stripped of the title at the Clash Of The Champions on 9/2/92, where he was supposed to defend it against Brian Pillman, but he injured his knee during a match with Keiji Mutoh in Sapporo, Japan. Despite training hard to compete, he could not wrestle.

Bill Watts was planning a tournament to be held in the beginning of 1993, but after Bill Watts left, the title and the tournament was completely forgotten, until around 1995, when Eric Bischoff renamed the title the WCW World Cruiserweight Championship, and it wouldn't be until 3/20/96, where they finally determined a new champion.

Mr. JL
08-23-2011, 06:56 PM
The traditional light heavyweight/junior heavyweight/cruiserweight weight limit is 235 lbs. maximum. I believe TNA is making a huge mistake, giving the X-Division a weight limit, where their motto of the division was "No Limits."

By making the X Division have a weight limit they are really only limiting Samoa Joe, Sting, Bully Ray, Scott Steiner and a few others from competing for the belt. There are not a lot of guys bigger than 235lbs in TNA.