PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hardy is the greatest guy in history, he's about to hit a chestnut treeee

Xero
08-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Matt Hardy
Arrested for DWI
(http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/20/matt-hardy-arrested-dwi-north-carolina-tna-wwe/)

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/08/20/0820-matt-hardy-2ex-credit.jpg
Wrestling superstar Matt Hardy was arrested in North Carolina today for suspicion of driving while intoxicated ... TMZ has learned.

According to the Moore County Jail, Hardy was busted this afternoon by the North Carolina State Highway Patrol and released around 7:00 PM ET.

Hardy is currently part of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, but made his name in the WWE.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/08/09/update-bar.jpg

According to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol, a trooper discovered Hardy after his 2009 Corvette ran off the road and struck a tree. Hardy was by himself at the time and did not suffer any injuries.

The trooper observed signs of impairment and arrested Hardy. He was charged with DWI and the trooper found no other contraband in the vehicle. Hardy submitted to a blood test, the results are pending.

Cool King
08-20-2011, 08:34 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/1tpwy8.jpg

Mr. Pierre
08-20-2011, 08:45 PM
It's only a matter of time before I see local promotional posters around town featuring the Hardy Boys.

Xero
08-20-2011, 08:46 PM
With WWE promo pics to boot, so it looks like a wrestling poster.

WANTED
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmjiq9L3oS1qj2jcto1_500.jpg

Kane Knight
08-20-2011, 08:49 PM
A Hardy? Impaired?

This is a dark day in wrestling history.

The Naitch
08-20-2011, 08:50 PM
There's a saying that goes....if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Also, this shits too easy now

Kane Knight
08-20-2011, 08:54 PM
There's a saying that goes....if you don't have anything nice to say, you're probably posting on the internet

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2011, 09:00 PM
It's sad what Matt Hardy has become. He's like the Lindsay Lohan of professional wrestling. The poor guy needs help.

glanville6
08-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Can't believe it. I mean, obviously he's troubled, but in like 2003 I would not have expected Matt Hardy to become the person he's become.

Who has fucked up his life more, Lita, or his brother Jeff?

Taker it Easy
08-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Taker it Easy, Hardy.

Jordan
08-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Matt Fact #412, I'm an alcoholic

Xero
08-20-2011, 09:34 PM
Can't believe it. I mean, obviously he's troubled, but in like 2003 I would not have expected Matt Hardy to become the person he's become.

Who has fucked up his life more, Lita, or his brother Jeff?

I think Matt's fucked his own life up the most, honestly. He and Jeff aren't exactly the same. Jeff is a stoner who puts others at risk by being intoxicated in the ring. Matt is an attention whore who puts others at risk by being intoxicated behind the wheel, tazing his girlfriend and being an all-out lying douchebag.

I honestly feel Jeff has it more together than Matt, because Matt's shit seems to stem from inner darkness and being fucked up on a mental level. Jeff just REALLY likes to get high, make shitty art and make shitty music.

Taker it Easy
08-20-2011, 09:35 PM
Fatt Hardy Fact #412, I'm an alcoholic

:naughty:

Taker it Easy
08-20-2011, 09:37 PM
I think Matt's fucked his life up the most, honestly. He and Jeff aren't exactly the same. Jeff is a stoner who puts others at risk by being intoxicated in the ring. Matt is an attention whore who puts others at risk by being intoxicated behind the wheel.

WAIT A SECOND. Please don't put Jeff into that boat. He is a straight up druggie or something like that. Stoners just smoke weed and maybe dabble with e or psychedelics. This dude is doing coke, prolly played with heroin too and also pills fo sure.

Fire it up, Taker it Easy.

Jordan
08-20-2011, 09:41 PM
FIRE IT UP
FIRE IT UP
FIRE IT UP
FIRE IT UP

Xero
08-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Druggie and stoner are one in the same to me, tbh. "Substance abuser." Either way I wouldn't really care if he smoked or did coke or shot heroine from a rhino's tusk if he wouldn't show up to work drugged out of his mind. By which I mean if he did them on extended breaks from wrestling, not while he's an active competitor.

He should never wrestle again, really. But there are enough slimy promoters out there who will use him.

Taker it Easy
08-20-2011, 09:43 PM
FIRE IT UP
FIRE IT UP
FIRE IT UP
FIRE IT UP

Im about to. :y:

loling @ keeping x-pac heat alive, fo sure.

The Naitch
08-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Atleast Jeff won a TNA Championship, WWE Championship, and World Heavyweight Championship. He had his opportunity as a Main Eventer.

He has a tattoo of roots that starts on his head, behind his ear, and finishes at his hand. He also has a few other signature designed tattoos, one of which, a dragon, he hid from his father. It was also the first tattoo he got in 1998. He later got tattoos of the Chinese symbols for "Peace" and "Health",...

lol "Health"

Matt Hardy is disturbed, that it's not even funny.

If I had to pick to be one of them, I'd rather be Jeff.

The Naitch
08-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Being the WWECW Champion doesn't count as being main eventer. Sympathy Champ. Sorry son.

http://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Matt-Hardy-wwe-superstar-23.jpg

Xero
08-20-2011, 09:55 PM
http://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Matt-Hardy-wwe-superstar-23.jpg

ROFL, this picture sums up their professional careers perfectly.

Xero
08-20-2011, 09:57 PM
From PWInsider:

In the wake of his arrest this afternoon for DWI, Matt Hardy has been released by TNA.

In a statement made to TMZ.com, an unnamed TNA Spokesperson commented, "TNA today released Impact Wrestling star Matt Hardy from its roster. Hardy was already under suspension from the company."

According to sources this evening, the original plan had been for Matt and Jeff Hardy to return to TNA storylines around Bound for Glory this October. Obviously, that is out the window.

Hardy had been sent home several weeks back, with the official reason being excessive lateness to events, although it was believed that was a cover story and the real suspension was due to a video Hardy posted online that featured an inebriated Jeff Hardy and both Hardys using a Tazer on Matt's girlfriend, Lucha Libre USA's Reby Sky.

Hardy joined TNA earlier this year after being released by WWE in the wake of a series of incidents that caused him to be sent home from a company tour of Europe.

On August 19th, Hardy wrote on his Twitter account, "It's time for me to get back to a healthy, happy place, the transformation his now started for me, for us-(New Chapter Will begin new)"

Taker it Easy
08-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Off to watch that Matt and Jeff tase girlfriend video...

The Naitch
08-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Honestly, I feel kind of feel sorry for Matt. I remember in the "ARE WE THERE YET?" WWE stories of the road book, there was an exert in the book where Matt was like "I was sick all week long, but when Lita paid me a surprise visit that night in North Carolina, from then on there, I knew me and Lita were destined to be together."

Plus his former best friend banged his girl and as a result got the main event push

Conclusion: Nice guys do finish last. He's been through his share of shit, but he was so naive.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2011, 10:05 PM
TNA should definitely release Matt Hardy. But what about Jeff? It'd be a good image-move to get rid of both, I think. If you show up to work absolutely fucked and put your co-workers at risk, that's grounds for dismissal, in my book. Let them go do indy shows as "The Hardys" and be the sad parodies of what they used to be.

Majunior
08-20-2011, 10:06 PM
It's sad what Matt Hardy has become. He's like the Lindsay Lohan of professional wrestling. The poor guy needs help.

If Matt is Lindsay Lohan, what's that make Jeff?

Mr. JL
08-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Being the WWECW Champion doesn't count as being main eventer. Sympathy Champ. Sorry son.

Jeff's got a shit eating grin, like my title actually means more than my older bro's title... and HE KNOWS IT MAN!

Taker it Easy
08-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Alright guys, sdfiohsdfjs see that god damn red light zip these mother fuckers with a taser. *strange sexual gesture, maybe about to rub saliva on his own nipples. Stare into camera with dead eyes, rotten eyes that you warn your children to stay away from. Then touch Matts girlfriend with fresh saliva fingers.

Anyway, who filmed that?

They 'play wrestler' enough in their videos, mine as well 'play cops' too.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2011, 10:08 PM

Brittney Spears? I dunno.

One of them will be Amy Winehouse soon enough, I fear.

The Naitch
08-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Well atleast his new girl is hotter than Lita

http://www.hispanicallyspeakingnews.com/uploads/images/article-images/53263967657_034.jpeg

Taker it Easy
08-20-2011, 10:09 PM

Maybe Amy Winehouse

Taker it Easy
08-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Brittney Spears? I dunno.

One of them will be Amy Winehouse soon enough, I fear.

Gotta Taker it Easy, you beat me to it.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2011, 10:10 PM
I've got be honest -- I've got no clue how Matt Hardy does it. Yeah, I suppose he would have money and all that. But so do a lot of people in the wrestling industry. And some of them have jobs, are in shape, don't act like teenagers and know not to drink-drive and taze women.

I probably wouldn't fuck Reby Sky just because of her obvious insanity. And that makes me sick.

Xero
08-20-2011, 10:20 PM
Is it wrong that I felt that TNA would actually do the right thing and release Jeff, maybe silently? Here we are, maybe six months after he fucks over a live Pay Per View main event because of his problems, and he's in their plans going into their biggest PPV of the year.

He should have been fired, and at the very least, not been rehired until he was PROVEN clean over a few years. I understand that he's a draw, but no draw is worth the shit they put up with from him.

And Matt just isn't a draw, so hiring him made no sense in the first place.

Disco Apocalypse
08-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Well atleast his new girl is hotter than Lita

Hotter than Lita? :wtf:

Jordan
08-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Jeff Hardy/Sting debacle is TNA's Halloween Havoc 98 suicide. Years later, when WWE owns TNA's library and does the promotion equivalent of "The Self Destruction of The Ultimate Warrior" on TNA, that will be a cut where about 6 guys just shake their head in disapproval.

Mr. Nerfect
08-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Look, I can understand the hiring of Matt. It didn't excite me, as it just didn't fit TNA's plans early this year. Jeff Hardy was playing a mega-heel, and it made no sense for Matt to come in and hate his brother -- or if he did, then it wouldn't have made sense to boot out Anderson and Morgan from top face spots in place of Matt.

TNA could have given Hardy time to get into shape (which probably wouldn't have happened), and followed the Jeff Hardy stuff through to its ends, and then perhaps have Matt come and "fight for Jeff's soul," or whatever. Matt was just a vanity hiring, though, and really did nothing to help the company, but cost them some money and took up a valuable roster spot.

The Naitch
08-20-2011, 10:30 PM

http://www.mamapop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/michael-lohan-mesh-shirt-ew-gross.jpg

Wishbone
08-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Saw this coming. These guys had so much potential and they just pissed it all away. They were given shots most guys only dream of and still they fucked it all up. Honestly at this point I'd like it if I never heard another thing about the Hardys ever again that way I could atleast hold on to the memories of the good ol' days. :nono:

Xero
08-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Here are some thoughts from random Twitter users on the Matt Hardy situation.

WWEDear REAL fans stay with @MATTHARDYBRAND and @JEFFHARDYBRAND. FAKE fans sicken us

NotKirbyMack Don't judge the man if you don't know the situation. I'm with you @matthardybrand. People don't get through hard times w/o support & prayer

DeDashingDespot typical RT @MATTHARDYBRAND: Me and Reby are fine. the dirt sheets have it wrong again. I wasnt arrested

Rkofan805 @MATTHARDYBRAND R u really out of tna for a DUI

iHEARTniLLz #TNA let @matthardybrand go ! That's a BIG mistake on #TNA's part !!

Pichigo_Soul @MATTHARDYBRAND and @JEFFHARDYBRAND really need to go to rehab :/

SlickyTrickyDamon
08-20-2011, 11:00 PM
With all that happened with Helms that should have been the rock bottom moment for the Hardyz.Hope they both get court ordered rehab.

When is Jeff's trial being delayed again to?

drmayberry7
08-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Haha matt hardy wrestling SUPERSTAR
More like wrestlings dumbass step brother

CSL
08-20-2011, 11:12 PM
good one

Droford
08-20-2011, 11:25 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/RayNRon/images/mattfacts52.jpg

<table border="0" cellspacing="5" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td height="38">
</td> <td>Matt has a TV/DVD player in his car.
Matt usually exceeds the speed limit.
Matt has gotten four speeding tickets.
Matt has gotten out of over 20 tickets.
Matt has survived five car wrecks.

-

better make that 6
</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellspacing="5" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td height="37">
</td> <td>

Mr. Nerfect
08-21-2011, 12:31 AM
That photo makes me weep for what Hardy has become. :(

BizarroKing
08-21-2011, 12:51 AM
Soooooooo....Matt gets a DWI and has been fired...and yet Jeff is still employed...

Loose Cannon
08-21-2011, 01:07 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/RayNRon/images/mattfacts52.jpg

<table border="0" cellspacing="5" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td height="38">
</td> <td>Matt has a TV/DVD player in his car.
Matt usually exceeds the speed limit.
Matt has gotten four speeding tickets.
Matt has gotten out of over 20 tickets.
Matt has survived five car wrecks.

-

better make that 6
<table border="0" cellspacing="5" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td height="37">
</td> <td>

This will go down as the highest point in his single career to me. The whole Version 1 gimmick

Captain of Fun
08-21-2011, 02:21 AM
Good show on TNA for showing some balls for once, and firing that waste of space. Should be no sympathy for someone who gets behind the wheel in that state. Wonder how many of these sheep on twitter would still be supporting him if he hit a person instead of a tree.

Probably all of them, because they seem like complete imbeciles.

Juan
08-21-2011, 03:21 AM
If they really had balls they wouldn't keep Jeff Hardy around just to make a couple bucks off his name

RiX1024
08-21-2011, 04:00 AM
What a donkeybag.

Rammsteinmad
08-21-2011, 05:25 AM
It's really sad to see what has happened to this Carolina/OMEGA group of friends. Both of the Hardys have completely lost themselves. Jeff with his drug problems and Matt has just gone insane. Mind you, unless I misread the article, it hasn't been 100% proven that Matt was drunk. The officer 'observed signs of impairment' which most likely meant he was drunk, but could always be possible maybe he was just shook up from the crash and not thinking straight.

He's still crazy though.

And Shane Helms seems to have drifted into his own reality too. He's turned into nothing more than a bitter shell of his old self.

The only guy from this group of friends still doing well for himself is Shannon Moore. Who'd have thunk it?

Fox
08-21-2011, 06:33 AM
Fucking hell.

This really does make me sad. I was such a huge Jeff Hardy mark when he came back for his run a few years back and finally won the WWE Title. He was having amazing matches against everyone: Morrison, Umaga, Orton, Triple H, his brother. He was on the road to becoming a true main event superstar, and it's like it didn't mean anything to him.

Matt was probably the more talented of the two brothers, and maybe it was his major mistake to leave the WWE, because it seems like he's gone nowhere but downhill since then. Matt could've potentially been a World Heavyweight Champion some day - with the right gimmick, if he got back into top physical condition. He has all of the skills, on the mic, in the ring - if Christian can do it, Matt Hardy could've done it. The only thing that's stopped him is Matt Hardy.

Cool King
08-21-2011, 06:38 AM
This will go down as the highest point in his single career to me. The whole Version 1 gimmick

RP
08-21-2011, 06:42 AM
Someone swanton bombed these boys penises when they were little boys.

Captain of Fun
08-21-2011, 07:05 AM
Fucking hell.

This really does make me sad. I was such a huge Jeff Hardy mark when he came back for his run a few years back and finally won the WWE Title. He was having amazing matches against everyone: Morrison, Umaga, Orton, Triple H, his brother. He was on the road to becoming a true main event superstar, and it's like it didn't mean anything to him.

Matt was probably the more talented of the two brothers, and maybe it was his major mistake to leave the WWE, because it seems like he's gone nowhere but downhill since then. Matt could've potentially been a World Heavyweight Champion some day - with the right gimmick, if he got back into top physical condition. He has all of the skills, on the mic, in the ring - if Christian can do it, Matt Hardy could've done it. The only thing that's stopped him is Matt Hardy.

He does NOT have skills on the mic. Nor does Jeff, for that matter. And without tables, ladders, and chairs involved, I wouldn't put Matt Hardy's in-ring ability at main event level.

Autobahn
08-21-2011, 08:00 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/1tpwy8.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmfp1bJBZs1qg08ql.gif

Autobahn
08-21-2011, 08:11 AM
A Hardy in the news...shocking.

http://c553622.r22.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/hardystaser.jpg

Haze
08-21-2011, 11:59 AM
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article1004175.shtml

Fox
08-21-2011, 12:55 PM
He does NOT have skills on the mic. Nor does Jeff, for that matter. And without tables, ladders, and chairs involved, I wouldn't put Matt Hardy's in-ring ability at main event level.

False. Matt Hardy's "Version 1" gimmick proved that he DOES have skills on the mic, given the proper gimmick to channel his personality through. I mean, the same could be said for anyone, I suppose. Some could argue that Austin didn't have mic skills until he found "Stone Cold", or that The Rock didn't have them until he found "The Corporate Champ."

But seriously, boiling the Hardys' careers down to only being good in TLC-related matches is a really linear and close-minded way of looking at things. It completely ignores all of the amazing non-gimmick matches that they had, singles or tag team.

Sonofanarchy
08-21-2011, 03:29 PM
whoss not to say he drove into a tree and had a concussion , i mean he must have hit is head and he gave blood so nothing came up on the breathelizer.

We're taught in school to never assume someone is on drugs as it can be diabities or concusion....

theres still a chance guys...

Mr. JL
08-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Soooooooo....Matt gets a DWI and has been fired...and yet Jeff is still employed...

Kurt Angle has got to have at least 2 DUI arrests, yet TNA has not fired him. Double Standard.

Shadrick
08-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Yeah but thats Kurt...what he's done for TNA is not comparable to what Matt has done...

Shadrick
08-21-2011, 05:50 PM
And very nice title, Xero. Kudos to you good sir, very clever.

FourFifty
08-21-2011, 05:55 PM
WHAT THE FUCK?

Thank you for ruining Matt hitting a chestnut tree, thank you for ruining what would have been my only mark out moment in a year.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU TYPE "SPOILERS" WHEN YOU TYPE WHAT THE SPOILER IS RIGHT BESIDE IT!!!!!!!!!

Now I know Matt Hardy hit a chestnut tree, chestnuts are my favourite trees, hearing his damn car hit would have made me mark out so bad, but no, you have to fucking ruin it, couldn't you make the title "Chestnut Tree major spoilers" alone? Seriously man, use your goddam brain. Why mark for spoilers when the spoiler is right beside where you mark for spoilers.

Fuck this shit, you're not the only one who does it, so many people do, i am out of the fucking wrestling forum besides for tipsters until I'm sober, see you all April fourth.

CSL
08-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah but thats Kurt...what he's done for TNA is not comparable to what Matt has done...

lol well that makes it ok then

Theo Dious
08-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Kurt Angle has got to have at least 2 DUI arrests, yet TNA has not fired him. Double Standard.

Kurt Angle was not under suspension when he got his DUIs, Kurt Angle is actually a valuable asset to the company, and Kurt Angle does not have the history for being an embarrassing twat that Hardy has run up in the past few months.

lol well that makes it ok then

Thing is Matt Hardy was not fired for "getting a DUI." He was fired for a string of incidents that make him more of a liability than an asset.

Theo Dious
08-21-2011, 06:44 PM
whoss not to say he drove into a tree and had a concussion

Occam's Razor, that's who.

CSL
08-21-2011, 06:56 PM
Kurt Angle was not under suspension when he got his DUIs, Kurt Angle is actually a valuable asset to the company, and Kurt Angle does not have the history for being an embarrassing twat that Hardy has run up in the past few months.

Angle is/was a much bigger fuck up than Hardy in regards to drugs, a danger to himself, being a mess and so forth, even more so than Jeff Hardy when it came to drugs as he was putting his health/life at risk with pain pills and the like and would apparently need help putting his boots on/was released from a high-paying WWE spot as opposed to Jeff who likes getting high a bit too much. Difference is Angle doesn't put himself out there/make himself an "easy target" for everybody to be able to take shots at.

Thing is Matt Hardy was not fired for "getting a DUI." He was fired for a string of incidents that make him more of a liability than an asset.

Well he wasn't, he was fired for this DUI otherwise he'd still be there but that wasn't the point of my post.

Skippord
08-21-2011, 07:27 PM
I don't like Kurt Angle or Matt Hardy

going to mock them both and no one can argue with me about it

Theo Dious
08-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Angle is/was a much bigger fuck up than Hardy in regards to drugs, a danger to himself, being a mess and so forth, even more so than Jeff Hardy when it came to drugs as he was putting his health/life at risk with pain pills and the like and would apparently need help putting his boots on/was released from a high-paying WWE spot as opposed to Jeff who likes getting high a bit too much. Difference is Angle doesn't put himself out there/make himself an "easy target" for everybody to be able to take shots at.

Comparing Angle to Jeff, as far as I know Angle never screwed up a TNA main event because of his problems; also as far as I know Angle's problems never really impacted the TNA product at all. Comparing him to Matt, Angle's issue is a case of a professional athlete who had a few DUIs and some drug issues in the past. That's "dog bites man." A professional athlete whose brother has already made bad publicity for the company for substance-abuse-related incidents going on to get a DUI after making a drunken spectacle of himself all over the internet after tasering his girlfriend and getting suspended by said company, that is "man bites dog."

Well he wasn't, he was fired for this DUI otherwise he'd still be there but that wasn't the point of my post.

If Matt Hardy had done nothing during his time in TNA except get a DUI, he'd still have a job today. He was fired while under suspension for a string of incidents that have embarrassed the company he works for and this was just the last straw. You said there was a double standard between how Angle's situation was handled vs how Hardy's was handled. There is no double standard in place because the incidents occurred under entirely different circumstances. To put it another way, firing someone who is under suspension for behavior X is not contradictory to not firing someone for behavior X who is not under suspension.

CSL
08-21-2011, 07:40 PM
The double standard I was referencing was Shadrick's, I didn't mention anything about TNA or how they've handled anything.

CSL
08-21-2011, 07:48 PM
In regards to your first part, TNA screwed their own main event by sending Jeff out in the first place. He was deeply unprofessional to be in that "condition" (and for the sake of the devil's advocate, he was far from the first to do it) but for TNA to let him go out on PPV (for a main event of all things) anyway is "unforgivable", I know piece of shit cowboy promoters that are pathetic excuses for human beings that wouldn't do something that ridiculous. And please, Angle's problems/drug use aren't somehow "better"/"more forgivable" (not that it, like anybody else in wrestling, should have fuck all to do with the opinions/judgement of fans that post on the internet anyway) than Hardy's, like I said, the only difference is he doesn't record himself and post the videos online.

Captain of Fun
08-21-2011, 10:55 PM
False. Matt Hardy's "Version 1" gimmick proved that he DOES have skills on the mic, given the proper gimmick to channel his personality through. I mean, the same could be said for anyone, I suppose. Some could argue that Austin didn't have mic skills until he found "Stone Cold", or that The Rock didn't have them until he found "The Corporate Champ."

But seriously, boiling the Hardys' careers down to only being good in TLC-related matches is a really linear and close-minded way of looking at things. It completely ignores all of the amazing non-gimmick matches that they had, singles or tag team.

As V1 he wasn't terrible, but he still wasn't that great. A lot of his lines still felt kind of forced to me.

I didn't say anything about Jeff's in ring ability outside of TLC matches. And I didn't say matt hardy wasn't any good outside of TLC. Just not main event level. He's upper midcard at most, imo.

Rock Bottom
08-21-2011, 11:42 PM
I could never buy into either of them as credible outside of tag team matches.

KIRA
08-21-2011, 11:46 PM
The reason Jeff is still employed besides being the more marketable of the 2

IMO when he gets in trouble hes extremely quiet when Matt gets in trouble he hits the social outlets harder than a whiny teenage girl getting dumped at prom

I think TNA has a certain respect for the fact that jeff can at least fuck up and keep his mouth shut.

Lock Jaw
08-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Matt Says, And I

"I took a breathalyzer immediately on the spot and it read clean, zero, nothing. Think about peeps! There's more to this story than meets the eye. MATTHEW"

C-O-N- ..... spiracy against Matthew Hardy going on! It all makes sense!

GD
08-22-2011, 12:58 AM
I feel sad for the Hardy brothers. They had it all but they had to fuck it up :nono:

The Naitch
08-22-2011, 01:27 AM
If they really wanted to keep him, I'm pretty they would've done anything in their power to keep him. But I'm guessing he probably irritated alot of people backstage, and this incident is just the convenient exit strategy they needed to finally let him go. People were probably turned off by Matt's "vibe". Seems like a real downer that was just kept around out of sympathy or because of Jeff's pull (if he even had any)

They probably believed in "second chances", and that he was deserving of that chance to revitalize his career after picking him up from THE E, but since he didn't really make a noteworthy splash, they probably just given up on him as a performer and as a person

chrisat928
08-22-2011, 01:50 AM
I love the idiots defending the Hardy's.

Jackasses that do this to themselves do not deserve sympathy.

Tom Guycott
08-22-2011, 02:07 AM

It is sad I see the logic in this.

You can cut and run from the ugly duckling, but why sacrifice the golden goose? No matter how much crack he smokes, he's still going to lay golden eggs. Unless Jeff actually KILLS someone (no Benoit jokes, I'm serious), he will always get the pass because he is a licence to print merch money.

Hell, look how many chances he got in the WWE, and they made a complete main event angle out of it.

Yes, Matt is a grade-A bag of severed dicks. Yes, he's a walking cheeseburger consumption joke. Yes, he isn't half as good in the ring as he used to be, or about a fourth as good as he thinks he is... but growing up as a slightly embittered sibling, I can see it isn't really fair for him to get the axe simply because he's not Jeff.

But that will always be the logical thing to do. From a business standpoint, Jeff sells glowsticks and wristbands and shirts ad infinitum to little girls who want the hair-dying bad boy to take their virginity. Matt brings nothing to the table except the possiblity of a Hardy Boyz reunion.

GD
08-22-2011, 02:13 AM
By Ryan Clark on Monday, August 22nd, 2011 at 12:36 AM EST

Matt Hardy, who was arrested Saturday in North Carolina for driving while intoxicated, says he is innocent. Surprised?!?

In response to fans who were discussing his arrest, Hardy wrote on his YouTube channel, “I took a breathalyzer immediately on the spot and it read clean, zero, nothing. Think about peeps! There’s more to this story than meets the eye. MATTHEW”

Hardy posted another, longer response regarding the matter, but immediately deleted it.

Hardy’s contract with TNA Wrestling was subsequently terminated following his arrest. He hinted on YouTube that a return to WWE could be in the cards.
In response to a remark that he should return to WWE, Hardy wrote, “You are exactly right my lovely. It’s time for the original Matt Hardy to appear once again!”
Yup.

CSL
08-22-2011, 02:16 AM
I love the idiots defending the Hardy's.

Jackasses that do this to themselves do not deserve sympathy.

I haven't seen one person in this thread "defend" the Hardys

The Naitch
08-22-2011, 02:25 AM
Matt Hardy, who was arrested Saturday in North Carolina for driving while intoxicated, says he is innocent. Surprised?!?

In response to fans who were discussing his arrest, Hardy wrote on his YouTube channel, “I took a breathalyzer immediately on the spot and it read clean, zero, nothing. Think about peeps! There’s more to this story than meets the eye. MATTHEW”

Hardy posted another, longer response regarding the matter, but immediately deleted it.

Hardy’s contract with TNA Wrestling was subsequently terminated following his arrest. He hinted on YouTube that a return to WWE could be in the cards. In response to a remark that he should return to WWE, Hardy wrote, “You are exactly right my lovely. It’s time for the original Matt Hardy to appear once again!” Yup.

lol so the accident left him even more delusional

Fox
08-22-2011, 02:50 AM
MATT: I've made mistakes, I tried my hand somewhere else, I was looking out for my brother, but I'm ready to come back, Vince.

VINCE: I'm giving you one more shot. Don't blow it.

JEFF: What 'bout me, Vin-man?

VINCE: Fuck off.

Shadrick
08-22-2011, 09:30 AM
CSL is trying to say "Angle did it too so he should get fired too." And I'm saying that you can't equate Hardy and Angles stances in the company because they are at two VERY different places. Comparing them is apples and oranges in terms of relationships, drawing, in-ring ability, etc.

CSL
08-22-2011, 09:54 AM
where did I say that?

Xero
08-22-2011, 11:20 AM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2011/08/22/0822-matt-hardy-ex-wm.jpg

Lock Jaw
08-22-2011, 12:42 PM
"When the side windows glass smashed into my face, arms, & neck, some of the blood that did felt almost angelic. I went from being afraid to die to feeling like I was almost being reborn with some sort of an ABSOLUTE PURE LIFE-FORCE. It was the most amazing thing I've every experience, I felt like I'd just received the blood of an angel flowing inside me-I know this sounds crazy! Due to these, I only have urges to help people. And miraculously, all my vices are gone.

Amen Friends,

MATTHEW"

IT'S A MIRACLE!!

Xero
08-22-2011, 01:55 PM
lol, that's so hilarious, especially after he pulled a video talking about how he passed a breathalyzer. He's such a piece of shit.

GD
08-22-2011, 02:04 PM

What's wrong with his right eye?

Captain of Fun
08-22-2011, 02:12 PM
He's hammered.

GD
08-22-2011, 02:14 PM
http://0.tqn.com/d/prowrestling/1/0/m/K/-/-/kane.jpg

The Naitch
08-22-2011, 02:22 PM

oh dear God...

mike adamle
08-22-2011, 03:36 PM
...He did just get in a car accident.

Kane Knight
08-22-2011, 04:11 PM

Plus, he did it with a broken FREAKING neck.

The reason Jeff is still employed besides being the more marketable of the 2

Sell T-Shirts, get a free ride.

CSL is trying to say "Angle did it too so he should get fired too." And I'm saying that you can't equate Hardy and Angles stances in the company because they are at two VERY different places. Comparing them is apples and oranges in terms of relationships, drawing, in-ring ability, etc.

On the flip-side, if Angle royally fucks up, he's a bigger liability to the company. Of course, that also requires logical thinking, which TNA opposes fervently.

teamXtremist
08-22-2011, 05:32 PM
the mug shot says it all matt hardy is a washed up has been who will never be in wwe/tna again

GD
08-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Matt Hardy's next gig
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ZhsW-I80f0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. JL
08-22-2011, 05:41 PM
So, in other words...

Matt Hardy has just Jannetty'd himself.

Rammsteinmad
08-22-2011, 06:42 PM
I'm still gonna remain neutral about this crash incident until we get blood results or whatever.

He's clearly losing his mind, no doubt, but you can also tell by that mugshot that it appears he took a nasty bump to the head. If he was drunk, then the truth will come out, but it's not impossible that he could have been incoherent etc due to that shot to the head.

Either way, he's still going crazy, and I'd say his WWE/TNA careers are doomed.

St. Jimmy
08-22-2011, 06:48 PM
Ryan Dunn & Matt Hardy: Best Tag Team Ever

Kane Knight
08-22-2011, 06:53 PM
the mug shot says it all matt hardy is a washed up has been who will never be in wwe/tna again

Yeah right. The fucker'll probably have like six more runs in TNA.

CSL
08-22-2011, 06:54 PM
V 9-AHHHHHHHHHHH

Xero
08-23-2011, 10:17 AM
From PWInsider:

Prior to his arrest over the weekend, Matt Hardy had been recently cited for reckless driving and is scheduled for a 10/11 hearing in that matter.

This issue is totally separate from his arrest. No word how one may have a bearing on the other.

Innovator
08-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Scott Hall from 2001 = Matt 2011.

The Naitch
08-23-2011, 01:55 PM
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uvb-1wjAtk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blakeamus
08-23-2011, 02:05 PM
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uvb-1wjAtk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All we need now is for Matt Hardy to interupt someone in a title celebration stating that his brother, Jeff Hardy was the best WWE/TNA champion of ALL TIME!

Sonofanarchy
08-23-2011, 03:42 PM
I Really do think its a concusion, he looks high or drunk as fuck in the mugh shot but passed the breathalizer and his eyes don't appear to be pinned (and the flash from the camara would make them tiny if it was opiates)

Theo Dious
08-23-2011, 11:32 PM
"When the side windows glass smashed into my face, arms, & neck, some of the blood that did felt almost angelic. I went from being afraid to die to feeling like I was almost being reborn with some sort of an ABSOLUTE PURE LIFE-FORCE. It was the most amazing thing I've every experience, I felt like I'd just received the blood of an angel flowing inside me-I know this sounds crazy! Due to these, I only have urges to help people. And miraculously, all my vices are gone.

Amen Friends,

MATTHEW"!

Makes sense now, all the crazy internet shit, and now the esoteric references to his blood. Hardy wants to be the Charlie Sheen of wresting.

BigCrippyZ
08-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Matt Hardy has posted the latest video to his YouTube channel and it really does not seem like Matt is in a good place right now.

Matt claims to have suffered "two unbearable tragedies" recently

Matt says he saved a school bus full of kids and takes us on a tour of his trashed home, where he says inanimate objects are looking at him and laughing at him.

Matt ends the video by saying, "I'm afraid of what's going to happen next."

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7eCAp7Jxkjo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WTF!?! This guy needs some serious help. Sadly I don't think he's going to get any.

Blakeamus
08-24-2011, 01:58 PM
It's really pathetic of what he has become this past year. One thing that comes to mind is his obsession with Paranormal Activity 2 because in the beginning of the movie they come back to their home with everything trashed like that...GET A GRIP HARDY! He is trying to make it look like it's an entity causing this for an excuse!

CSL
08-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Take it a bit more seriously guys

The video is a "work"/playing filmmaker from top to bottom, it's just pretty misguided given a lot of people's current perception of him which alone doesn't matter at all but it could filter through to places he can make money (really quite important) That and it's simply not very good.

I just feel sorry for the poor fucker that has to clean that up.

Makes sense now, all the crazy internet shit, and now the esoteric references to his blood. Hardy wants to be the Charlie Sheen of wresting.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the most accurate thing in here.

CharismaInjection
08-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Matt Hardy is clearly unstable at the moment and I would honestly worry about his safety and the safety of the people around him. Has he been taking a lot of drugs recently or what? He needs to be sectioned.

Rammsteinmad
08-24-2011, 04:34 PM
To be fair, there is so much crazy shit on the internet today, what Matt Hardy's doing is pretty normal.

Innovator
08-24-2011, 04:35 PM
From PWInsider:

The word making the rounds is that Matt Hardy was taken to a local hospital earlier today in North Carolina for a "medical issue". PWInsider.com has confirmed he is indeed hospitalized.

Rammsteinmad
08-24-2011, 04:36 PM
However, I suppose some kind of psychiatric 'look-over' probably would be a good idea.

BizarroKing
08-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Heard he fell wonder what happened.

Mr. JL
08-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Pretty disturbing.

KIRA
08-24-2011, 06:33 PM
I just cant wait to get Matts take on the truth about his descent into warrioresqe insanity

Droford
08-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Troubled wrestling star Matt Hardy (http://www.tmz.com/person/matt-hardy/)was rushed to an emergency room in North Carolina this morning after falling down in his home ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Matt tell us ... the ex-TNA star hadn't been feeling well ... but it's unclear as to what caused Matt to fall down.

So far, the extent of his injuries are unknown -- but a family member tells us Hardy is expected to be released from the hospital tomorrow.

It's been a rough month for Hardy -- as TMZ first reported, he was arrested on suspicion (http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/20/matt-hardy-arrested-dwi-north-carolina-tna-wwe/#.TlVRpl1CKYQ) of DWI last weekend and was subsequently fired from his gig at TNA wrestling.

Odds he tried to kill himself?

Anybody Thrilla
08-24-2011, 07:11 PM
If WWE is serious about re-vitalizing the tag division, why not bring the Hardyz back..make all of their problems public knowledge on the shows...have them play the role of has-beens who are constantly getting outclassed in every match, but then they bust out some cheap tactic (maybe a tazer or "angel blood" mist spitting) to win matches. They can ignore all of their cheating and play to the crowd as total faces while they're getting booed out of the building. BOOK IT.

Juan
08-24-2011, 07:31 PM
IF we're lucky, Matt will have gotten amnesia from the fall and forget the past 2 years of his life

Kane Knight
08-24-2011, 08:11 PM
IF we're lucky, Matt will have gotten amnesia from the fall and forget the past 2 years of his life

Maybe it's all been a dream.

Theo Dious
08-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Odds he tried to kill himself?

Honestly the phrases "brain damage" and "brain tumor" come to mind. I hope he isn't travelling the Benoit road with different symptoms.

Skippord
08-25-2011, 12:38 AM
"Shane Helms is in the enclosed pool area."

GD
08-25-2011, 01:46 AM
If WWE is serious about re-vitalizing the tag division, why not bring the Hardyz back..make all of their problems public knowledge on the shows...have them play the role of has-beens who are constantly getting outclassed in every match, but then they bust out some cheap tactic (maybe a tazer or "angel blood" mist spitting) to win matches. They can ignore all of their cheating and play to the crowd as total faces while they're getting booed out of the building. BOOK IT.

I would love to see that. I honestly wish that the Hardys get one more "last chance" so that they can make up for all the stupid things that they have done since leaving the WWE.

Cool King
08-25-2011, 02:28 AM
Why not reunite John Morrison and Joey Mercury?

They can be called simply "Morrison & Mercury" and just be heels. I personally think Morrison isn't as good at being a face as he was at being a heel, so to me, I think him being a heel would work better.

But still thinking about it, he could always remain as a face and bring back Mercury to challenge The Miz & R-Truth for the Tag Team Championships if they remain as an alliance and win the titles.

Malfeitor
08-25-2011, 02:43 AM
I have never seen any of Matt's videos. I think it's a safe assumption that that's a good thing.

Speaking of safe assumptions, after all of this noise, it's really hard to see Jeff or Matt being in the WWE again.

Blakeamus
08-25-2011, 12:50 PM
I have never seen any of Matt's videos. I think it's a safe assumption that that's a good thing.

Speaking of safe assumptions, after all of this noise, it's really hard to see Jeff or Matt being in the WWE again.

http://youtu.be/YRD5RXkkPx4

Captain of Fun
08-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Matt Hardy seems to have the jungle madness.

Rammsteinmad
08-25-2011, 03:40 PM
That idea of the Hardys coming back as wash-up has-beens would be pretty cool. But only if it stayed that way... the second Jeff starts getting a singles push etc I'll lose interest.

Gerard
08-25-2011, 03:46 PM
TMZ.com reports that Matt Hardy was rushed to an emergency room in North Carolina this morning after falling down in his home.

Sources close to the wrestling star tell TMZ that he hadn’t been feeling well, however, it’s unclear as to what caused him to fall down. The extent of his injuries are unknown, but he is expected to be released from the hospital tomorrow.

Maybe the "Ghost" threw him downstairs. :roll:

Malfeitor
08-25-2011, 04:01 PM
http://youtu.be/YRD5RXkkPx4

I refuse to click that link.

Blakeamus
08-25-2011, 07:19 PM
I refuse to click that link.

Then don't...

rated rjo
08-26-2011, 01:48 AM
I never thought I'd meet the day where we would look at Jeff as the responsible one.

Sonofanarchy
08-26-2011, 02:24 AM
did he release his big explanation on matthardytvshow dot whatever?

Xero
08-26-2011, 02:47 AM
A ghost did it or some shit.

Aguakate
08-26-2011, 02:50 AM
These guys don't understand that the REAL issue here is that while they're BS'ing, they're throwing away valuable years of their career down the toilet.

Juan
08-26-2011, 02:57 AM
These guys don't understand that the REAL issue here is that while they're BS'ing, they're throwing away valuable years of their career down the toilet.

Thing is, they're probably set for life, money wise. Which probably shows just how "passionate" they are about the business.

Captain of Fun
08-26-2011, 04:32 AM
Seems Jeff has made a formal apology to the fans. At least he acknowledges his problems, unlike Matt.

Aguakate
08-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Seems Jeff has made a formal apology to the fans. At least he acknowledges his problems, unlike Matt.

That's the danger in all this. Jeff acknowledges he's had problems, he knows he's become a mess the last couple years...

...Matt acts as if everything is ok, and the world is out to get him.

Rock Bottom
08-27-2011, 08:47 PM
All this DUI shit has caused adsense to put DUI lawyer ads on the front page of TPWW, pretty funny.

Kane Knight
08-28-2011, 11:08 AM

Matt Hardy is not exactly enjoying his salad years.

Kane Knight
08-28-2011, 11:10 AM

Not sure what difference this makes if he repeats them.

loopydate
08-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Matt Hardy is not exactly enjoying his salad years.

Have you seen Matt lately? I don't think he's "enjoyed a salad" in a very long time.

Kane Knight
08-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Have you seen Matt lately? I don't think he's "enjoyed a salad" in a very long time.

I try not to look at train wrecks.

Captain of Fun
08-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Not sure what difference this makes if he repeats them.

True enough.

loopydate
08-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Apparently, Matt is going to kill himself tomorrow.

That or his latest YouTube video is yet another "HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME!"

Honestly, I can't tell anymore.