PDA

View Full Version : If you were starting a franchise.....

Cassidy
12-18-2003, 10:37 PM
If you were starting a franchise for the NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL, who would be the very first athlete you would pick for each sport to lead your team?

DaveWadding
12-18-2003, 10:48 PM
NBA- TMac
NFL- Portis
MLB- Prior
NHL- Marc-Andre Fleury (??)

Supreme Olajuwon
12-18-2003, 10:51 PM
NBA: Tim Duncan
NFL: Mike Vick
MLB: Barry Zito
NHL: Markus Naslund

MoRcHeEbA
12-18-2003, 10:55 PM
NBA: Kevin Garnett
NFL: Michael Vick
MLB: Andy Pettite
NHL: Todd Bertuzzi

Yashamaga
12-18-2003, 11:04 PM
NBA: LeBron James
MLB: Alex Rodriguez
NHL: Sidney Crosby, Pavel Datsyuk

KingofOldSchool
12-18-2003, 11:15 PM
NBA: Allen Iverson
NFL: Peyton Manning
MLB: A-Rod
NHL: Mike Modano

BCWWF
12-18-2003, 11:15 PM
NBA: Garnett
MLB: Vladimir Guerrero
NHL: Martin Brodeur

TheJShow
12-18-2003, 11:29 PM
NBA: Garnett
NFL: Mike... I mean Michael Vick
MLB: Vlad Guerrero or Doc Halladay
NHL: Martin Brodeur or Jose Theodore

The Icon of Elisim
12-19-2003, 12:18 AM
NBA: Duncan
NFL: Vick
MLB: Jeter
NHL: Joe Thornton

Kid Robb
12-19-2003, 12:49 AM
NBA: Kevin Garnett
MLB: If the league MVP can be traded the season after winning it, it doesn't matter who you begin building around (ie: no idea, don't follow baseball)
NHL: Also don't follow, but the best goalie in the league would be my starting point.

Bad Guy
12-19-2003, 03:40 AM
NBA: Allen Iverson
NFL: Ricky Williams
MLB: A-Rod
NHL: Steve Yzerman

Yashamaga
12-19-2003, 07:25 AM
NHL: Steve Yzerman

:wtf:

road doggy dogg
12-19-2003, 07:39 AM
:wtf:

You picked Datsyuk... :nono:

road doggy dogg
12-19-2003, 07:41 AM
NBA - don't follow :o
MLB - don't follow :o
NFL - Randy Moss; young, one of the best in the league, very well-known
NHL - Martin Brodeur; simply the best goalie in the league (possibly the world), still young, and anybody who follows hockey at all knows that he's the best (this coming from someone who doesn't like him all that much :o)

Yashamaga
12-19-2003, 02:45 PM
You picked Datsyuk... :nono:

omg are you kidding me?

have you even seen him play? now that fedorov is gone he is getting more ice time. He's the best player the wings have now IMO.

watch some tapes, and learn some hockey.

why don't you check up on my #1 choice too, while your at it. :y:

KleptoKlown
12-19-2003, 03:01 PM
NBA - Kobe Bryant
MLB - Ichiro
NFL - Randy Moss
NHL - Martin Brodeur

The Outlaw
12-19-2003, 03:29 PM
MLB: Prior
NBA: Shaq
NHL: Don't follow as much as used to, but I'd go with Brodeur for the simple face that he's awesome (from the little I've seen :o)

The CyNick
12-19-2003, 03:39 PM
Duncan, Vick, Halliday, Broduer

road doggy dogg
12-19-2003, 04:22 PM
omg are you kidding me?

have you even seen him play? now that fedorov is gone he is getting more ice time. He's the best player the wings have now IMO.

watch some tapes, and learn some hockey.

why don't you check up on my #1 choice too, while your at it. :y:

:rofl:

Yeah, 'cause a relatively unknown third-year player putting up good numbers on a stacked team is really going to put fans in the seats if you're starting up a new team.

Yzerman at least has recognition amongst most hockey fans, so basing a team around him will at least garner some people to watch for the first year or two. Then from there you can add in guys like Datsyuk, after people get a better idea of who he is.

:rofl: n/m, think I'm gonna go watch some hockey tapes and learn 500 more players (200 of them from before 1990 btw) so I can be as smart as you :wavesad:

Bad Guy
12-19-2003, 04:35 PM
Yzerman is the man. Not only is he still good but he can push the young guys (coughDatsyukcough) and work with them to make the better as well.

Gertner
12-19-2003, 05:14 PM
nba- Garnett
nhl- Kovalcuck or Wade Belak
NFL- Petyon Manning
MLB- Roy Halladay

Yashamaga
12-19-2003, 05:42 PM
Yzerman is too old.

just because Datsyuk was put on the 3rd line last year, he's not a good hockey player right? lol

now that he actually has playing time, your seeing what he can do. He's the best young player now. Better than Nash, and yes, better than Kovalchuk.

However, when crosby gets here... well you'll see.

MoRcHeEbA
12-19-2003, 06:32 PM
well crosby has another 2 years ATLEAST of juniors. I doubt the NHL will even be going when he's available. Datsyuk is a good player but he's no where near the top 50 players in the NHL right now. I mean if you put a semi-decent player on a stacked team on a good line, they can put up points. Look at Kovalev for instance. I mean he's a good player but he hassn't been nearly as good since he isn't playing with Mario anymore.

road doggy dogg
12-19-2003, 06:38 PM
Where did I say that he "sucked because he played on the third line" ?? You're just trying to win yourself an argument that isn't even there.

Face it; Datsyuk is GOOD, but not great. He's still got a long way to go. The Wings have a very good team with guys like Hull, Shanahan, Whitney, Yzerman, etc.

Besides, Datsyuk is leading the league in goals, thus being the man, right? Well Kris Draper already has 13 goals this season: his career record is 15. Everyone on Detroit is doing well right now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Datsyuk sucks or anything like that, but he's hardly the guy you should be building a franchise around.

As for Crosby... well, good luck building a team whose franchise player is still 2 years away from playing... lol. Besides, even if he is the greatest player ever, not every player lives up to their potential. A lot of players can rip it up in the juniors only to have mediocore NHL careers. It's a huge risk to build a franchise around a player who's not even stepped foot in an NHL game yet

MoRcHeEbA
12-19-2003, 06:40 PM
I WOULD BUILD MY TEAM AROUND ERIC LINDROS AND ALEXADAIRE DAIGE :LOVE:

road doggy dogg
12-19-2003, 06:47 PM
Ha, sucker!

Raycroft is MINEEEEEEEEEEE. YOU MISSED YOUR CHANCE MORCHEEBA

road doggy dogg
12-19-2003, 06:48 PM
Yeah, Raycroft sucks :roll:

I'm gonna build my team around Fleury :naughty: :naughty:

MoRcHeEbA
12-19-2003, 06:54 PM
JEFF JILLSON IS A MAN OF THE FUTURE, NUMBER ONE PICK NEXT YEAR IN FANTASY HOCKEY...

Ouch I was hit in the boards and got slashed. FU</>CK this im retiring from hockey

Yashamaga
12-19-2003, 07:20 PM
raycroft sucks now though, he let in 5 goals the other night and that upped his GAA to around 2.07.

there goes his shot at being the best ever.

KleptoKlown
12-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Know who else had a lot of hype like Crosby?

Daigle.

not saying he's going to suck, but in today's NHL, there wont be another Gretzky.

Take Gretzky in his prime, and put him in todays NHLs. He'll still be a great player, but I doubt he'd be as dominate as he is today.

1 player wont be leaps and bound ahead of the rest of them these day.

Could change in the future, depending on how rules are tweaked.

Yashamaga
12-19-2003, 07:23 PM
and you WOULD build a franchise around datsyuk. he's young and great. the end.

Crosby could probably kick ass in the NHL now, but give him 2 years to mature and get bigger and he's got a good shot at breaking wayne's records. Or so #99 says ( btw that's Wayne Gretzky, rdd)

MoRcHeEbA
12-19-2003, 07:24 PM
thats what I think about Crosby to, I mean he's probably the best player coming in, but it's gonna take alot to pass what Gretzky did.

Yashamaga
12-19-2003, 07:24 PM
that's a good point klown.

But Daigle has admitted that his heart was never in hockey.

and they're trying to figure out ways to expand scoring, so hopefully they do.

el fregadero
12-19-2003, 07:25 PM
<font color=teal>NBA : Carmello Anthony
NFL : Michael Vick
MLB : Ichiro
NHL : Never watch it.</font> :-\

MoRcHeEbA
12-19-2003, 07:30 PM
anyone notice Carmello's sexy jersey he was wearing on Jimmy Kimmel last night?

Jesus Shuttlesworth
12-19-2003, 07:32 PM
NBA: Shaq
NFL: McNabb
MLB: Any of the A's nasty pitchers
NHL: NHL is about as cool as AIDS

YOUR Hero
12-19-2003, 07:35 PM
NBA: Nash
NFL: Vick
MLB: Zito
NHL: Brodeur

Lara Emily
12-19-2003, 07:57 PM
nba- Garnett
nhl- Kovalcuck or Wade Belak
NFL- Petyon Manning
MLB- Roy Halladay
Wade Belak? :rofl:

YOUR Hero
12-19-2003, 08:06 PM
Yeah I chose to no sell the Wade Belak thing.