PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tornado....

Cool King
08-23-2011, 12:30 PM
<font color=#33ffff>Any Rock is good Rock in my book. His presence alone makes RAW instantly more watchable for me.
Hope he has a worthwile match at Mania.
Shame he's on RAW, I would LOVE to see him feud with John Cena.</font>

So Tornado, what do you think of the current Rock/Cena fued? Do you still even watch wrestling?

I very rarely see Tornado posts in the Wrestling Forum these days.

So what about everyone else? Are any of you guys still interested in this feud?

I think the general interest of the Rock/Cena fued has died down quite a bit, and CM Punk had taken The Rock's place until SummerSlam. Possible Raw spoilers here, but with what happened on Raw last night, I think the whole Cena/Del Rio thing will last until October with Cena emerging victorious in the feud and with the WWE Championship.

The Rock will probably come back around Survivor Series just to show that he's still alive but from The Royal Rumble onwards, he'll remain in the main event picture until WrestleMania XXVIII.

Cool King
08-23-2011, 12:30 PM
For anyone wondering how I came across Tornado's post, I was bored so I decided to read the oldest thread in the Wrestling Forum and Tornado's post was the last post in it.

CSL
08-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Rock confirmed he'll be at Survivor Series and they're going to promote the shit out of that so the hype will restart going in. That should keep it ticking until after the Rumble when I'm guessing Rock will basically go full time at some point for a month or two leading into Mania. It should still be excellent.

Blakeamus
08-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Team Cena v.s. Team Bring It

ThePhantom
08-23-2011, 07:48 PM
In no way shape or form is CM Punk anywhere near the popularity of The Rock.

To be honest, every time Punk says "How about I come in there and kick your teeth down your throat" I laugh because he is so small. He is trying an Austin like gimmick with the body of an average joe. Going against guys like Cena, Nash, HHH, anyone else notice Punk is the same thickness as Cena/Nash/HHH's quads? Seriously, his mic work is above anyone right now, but his appearance just doesn't back up the gimmick.

Sorry, but it is the truth

Cool King
08-23-2011, 08:39 PM
I never said that Punk was at the same popularity as The Rock or whatever. What I said was that Punk had taken The Rock's place with his feud with Cena.

Instead of Rock/Cena, we got Punk/Cena.

As for him being "small" and "trying an Austin like gimmick with the body of an average joe", Austin wasn't really "jacked" himself when you think about it. His body was pretty average compared to the other guys at the time. :-\

I'd say that CM Punk is mostly about crossing the line via his mouth and as you said, his mic work is above anyone right now so it all works. Austin was more about crossing the line via beating the shit out of people.

But I take it you like "Big Guys" then?

ThePhantom
08-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Austin was 6'2" 252lbs

CM Punk is 6'1" 222 lbs

That is quite the size difference. 30 pounds is nothing to shake a stick at.

I don't like the big guys, I just think if you are able to run your mouth, you need to realistically be able to back it up. That's all I'm sayin.