PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling things you do in real life

Lock Jaw
09-06-2011, 02:03 PM
This has definitely been discussed before, but whatever. Only so many topics, bro.

So, what wrestling mannerisms/poses/catchphrases do you find yourself doing a lot in real life?

Recently, I seem to be going through a Sheamus phase.

I will frequently call people "fella", and in private, when no one is looking, I will do the Sheamus "beat your chest and then throw your arms out to the side" pose. :shifty:

So, what kind of things do you find yourself doing?

Of course, I naturally assume that everybody who was watching wrestling back in the day used to constantly use The Rock's catchphrases all the time.

Kane Knight
09-06-2011, 02:06 PM
I say "Brother," but that's more because me and some friends mock the guy from Lost than anything to do with wrestling.

I also Stunner my boss when she gets too uppity.

SammyG
09-06-2011, 02:21 PM
People's Eyebrow

Dark-Slicer Diago
09-06-2011, 02:26 PM
I, too, do the Sheamus Beat Chest taunt, but mostly I just do "What" and "Really".

BigCrippyZ
09-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Have always done the People's eyebrow and The Rock's catchphrases. Also have started to use Miz's "Really?" and R-Truth's "...about to get got!"

Ace
09-06-2011, 02:40 PM
I think most I do have been said. Fella, the eyebrow, Really?

I started calling people 'Little Jimmy' for a while for kicks, and sometimes do 'Santino-isms'

Ruien
09-06-2011, 02:45 PM
I do MVP's entrance pose he does when he first comes out.

JimmyMess
09-06-2011, 02:45 PM
My top 2 wrestling-related things are:

saying "brother"

and throwing up the Wolfpac/Kliq sign

JimmyMess
09-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Oh and this, but only for important things (church, weddings, funerals)

http://batistaworld.unblog.fr/files/2008/07/entrance2rf.gif

Captain of Fun
09-06-2011, 02:53 PM
I hook people's testicles up to car batteries.

CSL
09-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Vocabulary. Gimmick, heat, jobber, strawb, punter, mark etc come up in every day conversations. "Gimmick" has even infected my missus's vocab.

El Fangel
09-06-2011, 03:00 PM
After a roll in the hay, I tend to quote Bret Hart.

Lock Jaw
09-06-2011, 03:05 PM
When I get tired at work, I "Hulk Up" and get a second wind.

Ok. That part is not true.

What is true is the fact that I always have to fight the need to finish the statement "Take Care" with "Spike Your Hair".

Cuse8
09-06-2011, 03:25 PM
i tell people i work with i am the "best in the world"

Xero
09-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Vocabulary. Gimmick, heat, jobber, strawb, punter, mark etc come up in every day conversations. "Gimmick" has even infected my missus's vocab.
Yeah, this. I use "gimmick" a lot especially.

Also, sometimes when I pass a pillar or something tap my arm and give it a clothesline. :$

Ace
09-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Oh, and sometimes when I do something, like say, get past a part in a game I've been struggling with, I'll say 'I AM....A GAMING....GODDDD' in the style of JBL. Just replace 'gaming' with any other small task, such as washing the dishes....

Being a wrestling nerd is hilarious.

Ace
09-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Sometimes I finish a can of coke with the Stone Cold can in the air, pouring the last of it down to my mouth. At home anyway.

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now.

Emperor Smeat
09-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Ric Flair's "Wooooooooo" during Bruins hockey games when they score.

Joesgonnakillyou
09-06-2011, 03:47 PM
I love doing The Rock's "it doesn't matter" schtick to people. it never gets old!

Corporate CockSnogger
09-06-2011, 03:48 PM
I say "hey yo" to people online to start conversations. Not in person though. Don't think I do anything else.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Oh, when I'm watching TV I tend to fidget with the remote and give it suplexes.

Mr. JL
09-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Always do the RVD thumb pose at home

Xero
09-06-2011, 04:23 PM
I sometimes give my laundry bag an overhead belly to belly. One day the strap is going to catch my neck and break it, so I can REALLY be like Kurt Angle.

Battlekat
09-06-2011, 04:23 PM
What?, Fella, and the occassional Woo Woo Woo when my group of friends are drunk.

Ace
09-06-2011, 04:25 PM
:lol: I did WWWYKI the other day when I was out drinking, my friends (who don't watch wrestling) thought it was hilarious.

BigCrippyZ
09-06-2011, 04:33 PM
I love doing The Rock's "it doesn't matter" schtick to people. it never gets old!

IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT YOU LOVE DOING THE ROCK'S "IT DOESN'T MATTER SCHTICK TO PEOPLE!"

Wow, you're right. It never does get old. :y:

Tazz Dan
09-06-2011, 04:37 PM
WWWYKI, Really, and at the end of my daily meetings with my staff, it's clobberin' time, just before the doors open.

And like LJ, I have to control myself when someone says take care.

Corporate CockSnogger
09-06-2011, 04:40 PM
brb gonna go get my cat in a sleeper.

Hanso Amore
09-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I "Steve Austin" 2-3 beers at a time whenever me and the boys are having a big night out.

I also use the term "No Sell" quite often.

Hanso Amore
09-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Oh, and also on drunken nights my friends and I always do classic Ric Flair lines.

"I live in the Big House, on the Big Side of town. I have more cars, than most of you got friends"

We watched the Ric FLair and the Four Horseman DVD one time fucked up and it has always stuck. The idea of the 4 of them giving an interview, with a coked up Flair gently cooing in the back ground waiting for a chance to go off is priceless.

Hanso Amore
09-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Also, I die at a young age due to excessive drug use

Ace
09-06-2011, 04:48 PM
:rofl:

LoDownM
09-06-2011, 04:49 PM
I've been doing the people's eyebrow for years when someone does something stupid apparently and never even noticed till my sister pointed it out a few months ago.

RiX1024
09-06-2011, 05:00 PM
I use wrestling terms whenever i talk about wrestling with people, i tend to say 'Awesome' a lot, I used to do the Raven pose a lot.

Hanso Amore
09-06-2011, 05:01 PM
I use wrestling terms whenever i talk about wrestling with people, i tend to say 'Awesome' a lot, I used to do the Raven pose a lot.

Awesome is hardly a wrestling term.

RiX1024
09-06-2011, 05:05 PM
I know, i don't use it as a wrestling term, i just use it to say 'because i'm awesome' to people.

Ace
09-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Unless he says it like 'Awwwweeeeessssooommmmeeeee'

KIRA
09-06-2011, 05:11 PM
The fact that the phrase "really" has infected my vocabulary scares me

RiX1024
09-06-2011, 05:12 PM
exactly.

El Fangel
09-06-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm not telling you anything, you don't already know.

Wishbone
09-06-2011, 05:38 PM
I'll do the Flair Wooooo! quite often and I've been known to use santino's "Greatest of all the times" line when I win at something.

Wishbone
09-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Also use "Beaten like a government mule" alot when people ask how my day at work was or something

Lock Jaw
09-06-2011, 06:09 PM
When watching other sports, or even movies, and TV shows.... I will describe athletes/characters as having a "gimmick" if they have one. If an athlete is milking a fall I'll refer to him "overselling".

If someone during the game, or a character in a movie/TV show, does something dickish.... I'll just be like "Ha ha ha! Yes! What a heel!"

daimoniac
09-06-2011, 06:21 PM
when i get pissed off about something i have a habit of going off into a cornette-promo style rant about it for ages then not letting it go for a while in conversation.

Skippord
09-06-2011, 06:22 PM
I beat women

Gass
09-06-2011, 06:28 PM
I lit my brother on fire once.

Ultra Mantis
09-06-2011, 06:36 PM
I frequently wear spandex to work.

Lock Jaw
09-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Anytime I go through any sort of curtain/part I always... I dunno... kind of BURST through, like my music just hit or something.

Then I realize that no such thing has happened, and am disappointed.

Nicky Fives
09-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Ric Flair's "WOOOOOOO" whenever I hear the music outside of wrestling (commercial, TV, movie, etc.) and the use of the word gimmick, mark and offbeat shenanigans.... oh and Lance Storm pronunciation of Calgary, (dramatic pause), Alberta, Canada......

Anybody Thrilla
09-06-2011, 06:59 PM
I've been doing the Del Rio hand wave thing for some reason.

Majunior
09-06-2011, 07:02 PM

It's horribly old when the Rock does it. It was even horribly old before he left.

- I sometimes talk like Triple H, and finish most every word with "-uh."

- Raven's "arms out" pose.

- I do Punk's "wrist roll" that he does, mostly because it loosens them up and sometimes I get them to crack.

- I use some wrestling moves with my son to bounce him off the couch. (The AA and The Wasteland are especially good for that.)

- The "Really? Really?!" thing was something I used before Miz made it big. I still use it.

DaVe
09-06-2011, 07:34 PM
when I'm stretching my arms I end up doing the Triple H pose 99% of the time

XL
09-06-2011, 07:38 PM
WOW. Thought I was a "pretty cool guy" til I thought about this...

People's Eyebrow
All the damn time whenever I find something odd.

Anytime I go through any sort of curtain/part I always... I dunno... kind of BURST through, like my music just hit or something.

Do this at work every time I pass through the chiller curtain.

Also, the Christian "slap chest, look into distance".

"You know it"/"Woo Woo Woo" has been a popular phrase amongst my friends for 2 years now.

My g/f uses "Really" without even knowing it's a "wrestling thing" so that caught on pretty easily.

BigCrippyZ
09-06-2011, 07:39 PM
I pin my girlfriend to the mat all the time. :naughty:

XL
TBF, most of that is done when drunk.

Kane Knight
People's Ducklips

Also, I die at a young age due to excessive drug use

And like Triple H and X-Pac, you bang chicks with dicks.

Stickman
09-06-2011, 08:10 PM
MrPetfect gum spit slap

OldSchoolFan
09-06-2011, 08:17 PM
I actually just did one... well I let the dogs out back and I will be damned my wife and son would not tap for nothing.. oh well time to work out...

FourFifty
09-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I've taken "That's how I roll" from Christian a few years ago.
Much like few other people here I've started to use "Really"
I'll do Randy Orton's pose from time to time (arms in the air, head at an angle)
I'm dying to use the phrase "You wear your cowardice well" in an argument.

Lock Jaw
09-06-2011, 08:41 PM
I elbow drop couches a lot. Like, if the whole couch is free, instead of just sitting down, I'll gear up, tap my elbow, and drop that elbow right onto the couch's FACE.

dhellova guy
09-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Not even bull shitting, before I leave work everyday, I go around to all my employees and do the Wolfpack hand signal kiss thing.

screech
09-06-2011, 10:41 PM
I tag in & out when it's time to switch shifts with someone.

Krow
09-06-2011, 10:58 PM
We have old folding chairs in our break room. When cleaning, I fold them and set them aside. Now and then, I'll grab one and yell "HEEL TURN!" and pretend to brain someone with it.

And this, pretty much any time I enter any room, anywhere. Especially bars.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yQ5rtUJGp74" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Blakeamus
09-06-2011, 11:10 PM
I have caught myself recently saying "Really" continuously when people talk to me about some things...and even going as far as mimic the same way Miz pronounces it...

James Diesel
09-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Whenever I have a conversation with my dad, I give him the What? cause he's always reminded me of Stone Cold. He even won a contest to go to RAW for sounding like him.

At nights when I go out to have a smoke, I walk down the street playing Cult of Personality and throw my arms out in Punk fashion. I also wrist roll.

My friends and I in passing will chop each other and give out a WOOOOOO

Shisen Kopf
09-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Pretty much everyday I grab the sock that's been in my pants and put it on my hand and put it in someones mouth. That's how we roll in my family.

blak23
09-06-2011, 11:37 PM
I use the excuse of I'm just being a heel. I also use Punks straight edge messiah schtick. and he got got

blak23
09-06-2011, 11:38 PM

you are not alone brother

dronepool
09-06-2011, 11:46 PM
I use to do the "It Doesn't Matter!" thing back when he was doing it in 2000 or something.

Honestly I actually have been saying "really" A LOT lately. My girlfriend even mentions that if I say really one more time that she will spank me or something... so I go "Reaaaaaaallllly really?" and she mentioned that I actually got her saying it. I just say "really?" after someone tells me something without knowing it:lol:

The Pope
09-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Flipping people off

itsmeJD
09-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Sometimes, just to show I'm important, I show up to work 45 minutes into my shift and amble about the hallways pulling a carry-on bag behind me occasionally stopping to talk to a random (jobber in my opinion) worker. The boss didn't find this shit humorous in the least.

When I was in high school it was during Bob Backlund's return to glory, so everyone got the cross-face chicken wing. It became almost a game to catch a buddy not paying attention. Eventually the teachers grew concerned because they thought we were legit fighting and put a stop to that shit. I almost wish I lived back home so I could run into one of my old classmates at the mall and slap that bitch on, then let go and stare at my hands.

Sorry, rambling...I'll shut up now.

Optimus Bone 69
09-07-2011, 01:55 AM
Yeah, this. I use "gimmick" a lot especially.

Also, sometimes when I pass a pillar or something tap my arm and give it a clothesline. :$

Do this all the time usually in the style of Jake The Snake

Cool King
09-07-2011, 02:01 AM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7599/hhhpuh.png

:shifty:

Lock Jaw
09-07-2011, 02:03 AM
Whoa, never even occurred to me. Gonna give it a try.

The MAC
09-07-2011, 02:24 AM
I drive drunk, blow 0.6, then deny it.

I piss all over the company I work for on facebook then claim my account was hacked.

When I own my own business I will start the "kiss my ass " club

Krimzon7
09-07-2011, 02:38 AM
I do more Joe rogan podcast mannerisms now...I've matured:shifty:

Battlekat
09-07-2011, 09:46 AM
I also use the term "No Sell" quite often.

Forgot "No Sell", That's a big one for lame comments/unfunny jokes.

XL
09-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I use "no sell"/"selling" a fair bit. Often to describe the actions of an "injured" soccer player. Also, gimmick come up a bit too. And "bro" is being used heavily right now.

And I find myself doing the Hogan poses fairly often.

PhallenAinjewl
09-07-2011, 12:15 PM
As soon as I wake up, I roll out of bed and immediately get on all fours, punching the floor a few times. This wakes up my girlfriend, and as soon as she begins to move, I run up and punt her in the head. Then I put on my over-sized bath robe and go wait for the paperboy. Once he arrives, I open the door, get the paper, yell "Wooooo" and slap him in the chest. Needless to say, he doesn't like this too much.

After that I take a shower, where I often find myself filling my mouth with the water dripping from my hair, which I then spit all over the bathroom Triple H style. I then make a hearty breakfast, eat my vitamins and say my prayers.

From there, I make the commute to work in my monster truck, but often times get stuck in traffic where I shout "Really?" and make reference to the people in front of me "About to get got".

Once I get to work, I crack open a beer, give my boss a Stunner, flip him off, and kidnap his daughter. The following Monday I reveal to him that I'm going to marry said daughter in a Satanic ritual, and as a result will own a portion of his company. (This is how I keep my job) Around lunch time, I hide in the rafters and just wait for people to come back. I then turn off all the lights, come down from the ceiling and hit everyone with a baseball bat before disappearing like a ninja. When it's time to leave work I make it a point to run over my boss's Corvette.

Finally, I go home, "Stone Cold" a few beers, eat dinner, let the dog out, then find a Bible and strangle my wife and son.

Xero
09-07-2011, 12:16 PM
So you wake up in the morning feeling just like Orton?

PhallenAinjewl
09-07-2011, 12:18 PM
yes, yes I do...and before you ask, I have a wife and a girlfriend, but my wife isn't home often as she's running for political office, and the girlfriend is really more of a work then anything serious, lol

Kane Knight
09-07-2011, 12:39 PM
I post suicide notes and then claim it was part of my gimmick.

I have caught myself recently saying "Really" continuously when people talk to me about some things...and even going as far as mimic the same way Miz pronounces it...

And people constantly mistake you for a David Spade fan.

CSL
09-07-2011, 12:46 PM
As soon as I wake up, I roll out of bed and immediately get on all fours, punching the floor a few times. This wakes up my girlfriend, and as soon as she begins to move, I run up and punt her in the head. Then I put on my over-sized bath robe and go wait for the paperboy. Once he arrives, I open the door, get the paper, yell "Wooooo" and slap him in the chest. Needless to say, he doesn't like this too much.

After that I take a shower, where I often find myself filling my mouth with the water dripping from my hair, which I then spit all over the bathroom Triple H style. I then make a hearty breakfast, eat my vitamins and say my prayers.

From there, I make the commute to work in my monster truck, but often times get stuck in traffic where I shout "Really?" and make reference to the people in front of me "About to get got".

Once I get to work, I crack open a beer, give my boss a Stunner, flip him off, and kidnap his daughter. The following Monday I reveal to him that I'm going to marry said daughter in a Satanic ritual, and as a result will own a portion of his company. (This is how I keep my job) Around lunch time, I hide in the rafters and just wait for people to come back. I then turn off all the lights, come down from the ceiling and hit everyone with a baseball bat before disappearing like a ninja. When it's time to leave work I make it a point to run over my boss's Corvette.

Finally, I go home, "Stone Cold" a few beers, eat dinner, let the dog out, then find a Bible and strangle my wife and son.

I don't get it

MIZantine Empire
09-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Have always done the People's eyebrow and The Rock's catchphrases. Also have started to use Miz's "Really?" and R-Truth's "...about to get got!"
i do the "get got" thing too..at work there was a fly buzzin around and i said "this flys about to get got" but alas, no one got it, which i should have known, cuz when i wear my CM Punk shirt, they say "oh i thought that said chipmunk"

edyhdrawde
09-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Fella, Really?, That's the bottom line (mostly toward my son when he gets lippy)

addy2hotty
09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
I say the really thing a lot. I have Cult Of Personality as a ringtone. I slip in wrestling phrases into meetings and important phone calls at work.

One girl gets it at my place. Most of the others don't. Which makes it better. For me.

Lock Jaw
09-07-2011, 02:51 PM
I am doing well in a game or something, I will often tell people "You lookin' at the real deal now!"

Extreme Angle
09-07-2011, 02:59 PM
I play the nexus theme when around a certain group of friends and we all raise our arm up and look real serious.
We start talking like Wade Barrett too :lol:

Lock Jaw
09-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Forgot like the biggest thing I do. Probably more than once a day I use the phrase "INDEEEED"

Been doing it for so long, that it has become "regular" to me, and not "doing something from wrestling".

Malfeitor
09-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Whenever I'm watching a movie with my girlfriend or family and there's a fight in which someone goes through a table, I always scream "OH MY GOD!"

I miss Joey Styles.

Aguakate
09-07-2011, 09:20 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2dhit89.jpg

JimmyMess
09-07-2011, 09:21 PM
I whip off my jacket or shirt and start elbow dropping it and wooing.

Juan
09-07-2011, 09:24 PM

This is probably the one I'm most guilty of tbh

Juan
09-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Also, sometimes I like to give my vacuum cleaner a Scott Hall like "punch" every now and then.

Stickman
09-07-2011, 09:42 PM
My old lady gives me the bronco buster

Malfeitor
09-07-2011, 10:50 PM

Before or after she showers?

Kane Knight
09-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Before or after she showers?

He's Canadian. They don't shower.

Rollermacka
09-08-2011, 03:54 PM

Wow, I completely misread that and read "I give old ladies the bronco buster" (if you are into that, more power to you)

I do the Really? thing alot. Every once in awhile I'll do the Hogan ear or sungod poses in the gym. I also do the Scott Hall "glide" when I'm walking or double arm point to someone when they asked "who's (blank)"

Blue Demon
09-09-2011, 08:03 AM
I often do the Mr. Perfect gum swat.

Kane Knight
09-09-2011, 08:40 AM
I often do the rico prance.

Shadrick
09-09-2011, 01:56 PM
I legend pose whenever I get good news.

I say "Thats not dashing" whenever one of my friends says something stupid or tells me a story about someone who isn't bright.

I use the term "mark" a lot when referring to things that have nothing to do with wrestling.

I call myself an "honest man" and whenever I go on rants on twitter the first tweet is always "*sits in the middle of your timeline CM Punk indian style* I have a lot to get off my chest. Pipe booooomb*"

Rammsteinmad
09-09-2011, 02:55 PM
I uhh... Wrestle. :shifty:

MIZantine Empire
09-10-2011, 01:24 PM
I often do the Mr. Perfect gum swat.
i do this too! during our last softball team, me and my friends always did the wolfpack hand thing.

Theo Dious
09-10-2011, 01:34 PM
I do Kane's arm-raise pyro cue in elevators. I occasionally elbow-drop my clothes after removing them. Also in hallways and coming up sidewalks I sometimes do the Scott Hall sideways walk, the "ooh nobody's going to slap my hand" thing. And when my brother and I get into heated debates we occasionally get in each other's faces and push off each other's chests.

Theo Dious
09-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Also any time I get a 2x4-ish piece of styrofoam in a piece of furniture's packing I will keep it until I have an opportunity to smash someone over the head with it. And I once hit someone with a steel chair while playing frisbee.

Rollermacka
09-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Every once in awhile, when some body asks me a question I begin to shake and breath hard. Then I begin to snarl and pound of my chest, then scream NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!

Fox
09-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Whenever I need to remember something, I write it on the palm of my hand and then draw a gigantic "X" on the other side, ala CM Punk. I tell people it helps me remember what's on my palm, but that is a lie.

I've definitely been listening to "Cult of Personality" a lot recently, often on my mp3 player while walking down long hallways. I also do the wrist roll when working out, before hitting the punching bag. And every time I do a high kick to the bag, I'm thinking of CM Punk's Muay Thai kicks.

If I know them well enough, if someone tells me "good luck", I'll tell them thank you, but luck is for losers.

Let's say CM Punk has had a considerable impact on me over the past few years.

Lock Jaw
09-11-2011, 12:51 AM
In instances where I accidentally get a cut on my forehead somehow, I am annoyed by how much it will bleed....

But then I will immediately go to the nearest mirror and be all like:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lO2-nloXdQ4/Tl5bkRLPWcI/AAAAAAAAA8k/lGAT-BpPT6M/s1600/fuck_yeah_.jpg
I'm Hardcore!

Aguakate
09-11-2011, 01:02 AM
LOL I remember when I was younger, I took a blade and tried to cut myself on the forehead, but I didn't even have it go in all the way, 'cause I was too chicken...

...hence, I only scratched my forehead...and of course, no blood.

SammyG
09-11-2011, 06:51 AM
some of you people really push it wow

Crimson
09-11-2011, 07:03 AM
I wrestle my gf and let her sit on my face