PDA

View Full Version : You know, if you take Hogan out of the show...

Anybody Thrilla
09-09-2011, 02:28 PM
...Impact wasn't half bad this week. I'm really enjoying the X-Division stuff. A Double is the man. Kendrick is just kooky enough to work. The Knockouts are putting on some decent matches. Even the BFG series finals have me a bit interested.

Agree? Disagree?

Rammsteinmad
09-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Personally, I think Hogan is the only thing 'holding TNA down'. Sure their booking is crappy etc, but when you have a has-been like Hogan hogging all the spotlight and running in on every main event 20 years past his prime... it's what you can expect.

Based on in-ring action and talent, TNA is incredible. Signing Hogan gave them a small publicity jump for two weeks in January last year, since then he has done nothing but put himself over.

Fox
09-09-2011, 04:51 PM
It's unfortunate that they didn't truly capitalize on their move to Monday nights. Despite the fact that Bret Hart returned to the WWE to settle his differences with Shawn Michaels on the same night, I was definitely doing the old back and forth, and it felt like the Monday Night Wars all over again. But ever since then, TNA has been complete and utter shit.

When are the Carters going to wise up and realize that the Hogan/Bischoff/Russo triumvirate is BAD for business? Does CM Punk need to show up and cut a scathing promo for real change to occur?

Emperor Smeat
09-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Somewhat agree in that he's hogging up too much of the show but they still have long term issues with booking and has been a problem regardless of what Hogan is doing.

If anything, it was a mistake to start pushing him into too much of an "authority" role because TNA already had Eric Bischoff who fits much better as an authority type than Hogan. Hogan was more useful in hyping and promoting TNA like his initial boost during the attempted switch to Monday nights.

If Hogan really wants to be on tv, being a full-time manager would have helped a lot more like when he gave a boost to Abyss during the ring storyline but done in a less ridiculous way than how that storyline developed.

MoFo
09-09-2011, 06:20 PM
I can live with Hogan v Sting at BFG, I know it'll get slaughtered no matter how it pans out but its been built up pretty well.

Aries v Kendrick has been decent too.

Anybody Thrilla
09-10-2011, 03:45 AM
I really wasn't trying to bash Hogan's involvement (though it deserves it) as much as I was saying that TNA has been pretty watchable lately.

Londoner
09-10-2011, 11:11 AM
If Hogan left i'd give it more of a chance, but that wont be happening.

Londoner
09-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Oh and Russo to. I can't keep up with his multiple face/heel turns every week.

Wolfpack423
09-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Does anyone else think they will do a CM Punkesque storyline but use Samoa Joe in that role? I think it would be good. Joe is most likely legitimately pissed in TNA and it would reignite his career.

Theo Dious
09-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Does anyone else think they will do a CM Punkesque storyline but use Samoa Joe in that role?

Given who it is that books TNA, if they did that within a month he would be standing in the ring in a suit shaking hands with Hogan and Bischoff.

TheAdamEvansFan
09-10-2011, 12:19 PM
People like to turn against something quickly.

We lose patience, whether it's war, Hogan, etc.

TNA just needs to keep traveling. I tuned in last thursday and when I saw that they were in a bigger arena, I kept it on the channel. They need bigger crowds, better arenas, and great storylines.

Having Sting, Flair, Hogan, and others around to push and give direction is great, as long as they aren't wrestling or hogging all the ring time. They are putting over people like AJ Styles and others by paving the way. I like the idea of factions etc..

Anybody Thrilla
09-11-2011, 03:17 AM
What are you even saying?

Londoner
09-11-2011, 05:45 AM
Struggling with his post aswell.

Well actually read the first bit then ignored the rest.

Rollermacka
09-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Just because it was mentioned, I kinda think the BFG series kinda hurt TNA in a way. If properly booked/ built up any combination of AJ vs RVD vs Scott Steiner in their "fist meeting ever" (or you could throw in up and commers like Gunner or Crimson) could have been a PPV level main event but TNA gave it away on weekly TV. That's the same kinda short sighted booking that hurt WCW in the end