PDA

View Full Version : SmackDOWN! *Spoilers* 9/30

Juan
09-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Booker T started off the show by interviewing Mark Henry, who said he was going to end Randy Orton's career. Henry said Orton isn't going to beat him just like Great Khali won't beat him tonight.

Mark Henry beat The Great Khali. Henry won with the World's Strongest Slam. Henry attacked Khali after the match with a chair. He put Khali's foot inside the chair and smashed it like he did with Kane and Big Show.

Jack Swagger (w/Dolph Ziggler, Vickie Guerrero) beat Evan Bourne (w/Kofi Kingston). Swagger won after Vickie pushed Bourne off the top rope. Swagger followed up with the ankle lock and got the win.

Sin Cara beat Heath Slater. Sin Cara won with the Swanton Bomb. Post match, the other Sin Cara appeared on the Tron and cut a promo in Spanish. He took his mask off to reveal a new black mask and black outfit. He said this Sunday we will find out who is supposed to be Sin Cara.

Backstage, John Laurinaitis talked with the group of wrestlers who plan on suing. They all agreed to take action against Triple H this Monday.

Kelly Kelly beat Natalya (w/Beth Phoenix). Kelly Kelly won with a roll up.
After the match, Beth hit the Glam Slam on Kelly Kelly. Natalya put her in a submission maneuver as Beth cut a promo.

Cody Rhodes cut a promo about Randy Orton's actions from last week and how WWE took no action. He was not happy about defending his title against Sheamus tonight.

Sheamus beat Cody Rhodes via disqualification. Christian came in and jumped Sheamus for the DQ. After the match, Christian hit the Killswitch on Sheamus.

Zack Ryder beat JTG. Ryder won with the Rough Ryder.

Backstage, Triple H confronted John Laurinaitis about the meeting he had with the disgruntled superstars. Laurinaitis said he was loyal to Triple H.

They ran down the card for HIAC. Sin Cara vs. Sin Cara was one of the matches listed.

Matt Striker interviewed Randy Orton backstage. Typical Orton promo.

Randy Orton fought Christian to a double countout. After the match, Orton tried to beat up Christian. Cody came out and attacked Orton. Sheamus came and cleared the ring and chased Christian to the back. Henry then came out to attack Orton and hit the World's Strongest Slam. Henry went to get a chair, but when he got back in the ring Orton hit him with an RKO.

owenbrown
09-28-2011, 01:02 AM
<s> wait Smackdown is gonna be on Thursday this week? </s> nevermind Juan edited it

Juan
09-28-2011, 01:02 AM
No

GD
09-28-2011, 01:18 AM
I am curious to know the attendance number for the show.

Aguakate
09-28-2011, 01:19 AM
This Triple H/Laurinaitis storyline is getting kinda cheesy. A group of wrestlers "threatening to sue"?

Come on...

Juan
09-28-2011, 01:20 AM
I'm curious to see where they go with it

Aguakate
09-28-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm not saying I won't watch, but it's kinda "WCW-ish".

I thought they'd be a little bit more forthcoming with whatever they're planning on doing, a little bit more, dare i say, RAW. Not this "we filed some paperwork", "we're going to sue", etc.

Droford
09-28-2011, 01:28 AM
I should assume that Black Sin Cara is the heel?

Also, if my theory of how Mark Henry keeps his title run going to Wrestlemania were to be true (face guys he took out), then they just added someone to the party (Kahli) though God help us if they decide to do Henry v Kahli on a PPV.

Probably look something like this:

Henry vs Sheamus @ Vengance
Henry on a 5 on 5 SS team at Survivor Series
Henry vs Big Show or Kane @ TLC in a Chair Match (given he took them out with chairs)
Henry vs Kahli at Royal Rumble (they usually make the title matches throw aways at RR)
Henry vs Big Show/Kane/Sheamus/Christian/Orton at EC
Mark Henry vs Daniel Bryan at WM

ugh..I thought this out..ugh..

Aguakate
09-28-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm curious to see how this Black Sin Cara looks. If he wears the same outfit but in black instead of blue, it should be awesome.

Juan
09-28-2011, 01:50 AM
I'm not saying I won't watch, but it's kinda "WCW-ish".

I thought they'd be a little bit more forthcoming with whatever they're planning on doing, a little bit more, dare i say, RAW. Not this "we filed some paperwork", "we're going to sue", etc.

So you want them to rush the storyline because you don't feel like waiting?

Aguakate
09-28-2011, 01:54 AM
So you want them to rush the storyline because you don't feel like waiting?

I said I thought they'd be a little bit more forthcoming, you know, "In your face", especially when they teased a possible "NWO-style" stable...I didn't think they'd throw around office lingo and have wrestlers threatening to sue...

St. Jimmy
09-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Everything but the Sin Cara promo and the Triple H stuff sounded terrible. 300 fans in attendance again?

Juan
09-28-2011, 02:19 AM
You should tell us every week how much Smackdown sucks. It'll really help drive your point home.

St. Jimmy
09-28-2011, 02:21 AM
You should tell us every week how much Smackdown sucks. It'll really help drive your point home.

There's like 3 different internet radio shows, including Wrestling Observer Radio, that do this all ready. We don't need redundancy Juan. Think before you post.

Juan
09-28-2011, 02:28 AM
Yeah

Shisen Kopf
09-28-2011, 02:34 AM
That doesnt look like a very good show. I won't be VHS taping it.

Tazz Dan
09-28-2011, 03:07 AM
I can tell by these brief descriptions of each event from this weeks Smackdown tapings that the show will be shite. I am 100% certain there is nothing else to it and the show will be over in 5 minutes.

Blakeamus
09-28-2011, 05:09 AM
Fucking Swagger! :foc:

Mr. Nerfect
09-28-2011, 05:29 AM
I'm curious to watch. I think the matches will get a bit more time. I'm glad they're giving heel Sin Cara his own look. Their feud could have legs to it. Also curious to see Mr. Swagger back on SmackDown!. He was the man on SmackDown!. It looks like we might be getting Swagger & Ziggler challenging Air Boom at Hell in a Cell, which would be tremendous, and you know it.

Londoner
09-28-2011, 05:36 AM
Not interested in Henry v Khali again(although just re-read it, could be a good segment with khali getting taken out). Swagger/Bourne should be worth a watch, bored with Sin Cara but we'll see where this goes....diva's match? meh.....next bit sounds good....good to see RYDER WINNING....Orton/Christian i'm sure will be good, double count out makes sense.

Could be a 50/50 kinda show, half bad half good for me.

Jura
09-28-2011, 05:51 AM
We don't know yet if the black Sin Cara is the heel Sin Cara though. The fake Sin Cara does a springboard swanton splash into a springboard moonsault as his finisher so it might actually be the fake one that was in the match. Although ever since Mistico came back he is the Sin Cara that has been taking over the matches. Another thing to note is that the black Sin Cara cut a promo in Spanish and we know Mistico only speaks Spanish while the fake one can and has done a promo in English. We'll see.

Rammsteinmad
09-28-2011, 06:28 AM
I still like Smackdown, and this sounds like a good show.

Kinda sad there's no Wade Barrett though. :(

Xero
09-28-2011, 11:00 AM
From PWInsider:

I went to Smackdown in St. Louis and I know you have spoilers up but I have some notes that I would like to add.

I was the first one at the door waiting to get in. They have a few TVs in the lobby of the arena and you can see in. At first it display the NXT Redemption logo, about 30 minutes later, it went live inside the arena where there are wrestlers working out, etc. It went black, a few minutes later, it came back on and Darren Young, JTG, and The Usos were in the ring reading off a piece of paper which I assume it was the script. They then did what they did on NXT where JTG slapped a Uso and they chased them out of it. Then right after that, a WWE crew worker came over and saw the TVs and called it in and they were shut off.

I was in Row D against the cameras and there were empty seats. During the dark match before NXT, a WWE crew guy lead a line of guys with orange bracelets on and they sat in those seats. I heard the guy tell them that if the people who owns the seats come, then to get up and go backstage and they will assign them new seats. One time, I went to get some drinks, came back, and one was sitting in my seat. This happened all through the night with the same guys moving back and forth in the same section.

As I was leaving, Matt Striker and Michael Hayes where leaving together and they said hi to some fans.

==

LOL, are WWE now using seat fillers?

Triple Naitch
09-28-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm sure they're just writing Khali off tv for a while to give him a rest now that his story with Jinder is pretty much finished.

ddpBANG
09-29-2011, 03:38 AM
LOL, are WWE now using seat fillers?
This isn't a new thing. I've worked at an arena for 6 years, and WWE has had seat fillers every time they have taped a show there.

owenbrown
09-29-2011, 06:01 AM
That doesnt look like a very good show. I won't be VHS taping it.

Betamax

Mr. Nerfect
09-30-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm sure they're just writing Khali off tv for a while to give him a rest now that his story with Jinder is pretty much finished.

I really have not been impressed with Jinder Mahal. I mean, he's decent on the mic and he's got presence and can emote well enough. But in the ring, I just don't feel it. There's nothing special there. Personally, I think Heath Slater has got a lot more going for him.

Where can they really go with Mahal?

Skippord
10-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Otunga's new wardrobe of cool shirts and stupid bow ties is really winning me over

screech
10-01-2011, 01:23 AM
Love the bow ties.

Skippord
10-01-2011, 01:24 AM
Rhodes calling Sheamus a braggart is my new favorite thing ever in wrestling

Rammsteinmad
10-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Looking at it in kayfabe, I don't understand why Christian keeps costing Sheamus the US title. Wouldn't it make sense to let him win it, therefore hopefully making their PPV match a title match?

Gertner
10-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Solid show last night, and yeah I'd actually interested to see where they are going with Otunga. Perhaps a juiced up Clarence Mason?

Pintint
10-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Otunga as a lawyer has serious potential. He has shown nothing interesting before, but this is finally making me interested in him. He could be a good lawyer character who sticks up for the heels...

Jura
10-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Black Cara was definitely the fake one. He said Sin Cara stole his identity once before as Mistico so it's only right that he does the same to Sin Cara. Then he said some stuff in Spanish and I think he said an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, this Sunday we will find out which one of us should be known as Sin Cara.

Cool King
10-01-2011, 04:15 PM
He could be a good lawyer character who sticks up for the heels...

http://8.media.tumblr.com/FyzF8BmOSh0et257q0sqd7dio1_500.jpg

XCaliber
10-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Was a decent show and appears that Ryder is officially out of the jobber role.

XL
10-01-2011, 05:16 PM
I've no idea why people say that SmackDown is "God awful" or "unwatchable". Week in, week out there is something(s) good going on.

My only guess is that those people don't actually watch.

Juan
10-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Yeah I don't get it either.

Seems like some people are even proud of the fact they don't watch Smackdown, like they're doing to spite someone. Pretty ridiculous.

Skippord
10-01-2011, 05:41 PM
"Fuck you Michael Haynes"

Mr. Nerfect
10-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Didn't watch this week, but Black Sin Cara looks cool in pictures. Totally think they should keep him around as his own character.

GD
10-02-2011, 03:53 PM
There was a really old lady bowing down (marking out for) to Air Boom during their entrance.