PDA

View Full Version : 2 more questions

Logan
09-28-2011, 08:33 PM
Hola again,

I was watching the WWE greatest cage matches film on netflix, (which i thought was meh at best overall by the way, and on a side note i never noticed before watching that film that the late El Gigante looked like a really thin Khali), and I came up with 2 questions that I wasnt able to find mentioned in the forums. Feel free to point out if they were mentioned.

Anywho, my first question, which the film reminded me of, is when and why did Triple H go from keeping his opponents arms hooked all the way through the pedigree, to releasing the arms at the highest point of the pedigree?

The second question is why do the square steel cages (rock/HHH cage match at rebellion in 99) appear lower than the chainlink fence cages (punk, J Hardy steel cage match in 09)? (my best guess is that the square cages are measured from the arena floor up, whereas the chainlink fences are measured from the ring mat up).

Xero
09-28-2011, 08:41 PM
1. He probably started 99-2000. I'd assume he did it mainly because it's safer. With the hook-on pedigree, while it looks a shit-ton more brutal, it's more dangerous because they can't protect themselves. When he releases it, nine times out of ten the guy taking it has time to put his hands out in front of him.

2. Maybe they are.

CSL
09-28-2011, 08:54 PM
I think the arm-thing pretty much depends what mood he's in, it's pretty random when he does or doesn't let go

Xero
09-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Honestly, I find the non-release one to be rare. He still does it, but it's a lot less frequently than the release version.

Stop it 5
09-29-2011, 03:01 AM
I call the release pedigree the sloppy one or the hurry up nd get it over with.

Nd wat about the cage snuka jumped off of... That was extremely low

Ps how do I creAte my own thread? Im brand new to this

jskinnyg
09-29-2011, 12:20 PM
I think releasing the Pedigree is due to how the opponent can take the bump... He does this on big guys sometimes... Like Big Show... He always falls to one knee in a move like the Pedigree...

Xero
09-29-2011, 02:55 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G2EdE7MOnXI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G2EdE7MOnXI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

All but three are release in this video.