PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown **SPOILERS** for 10/7/11 Show

Fox
10-05-2011, 05:28 AM
Dark Match:

* Brodus Clay defeated a local wrestler in a squash.

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

* SmackDown opens with Teddy Long and Zack Ryder backstage, talking about the walkout on RAW. Teddy says RAW's loss will be SmackDown's gain and Ryder chimes in.

* Vickie Guerrero, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Cody Rhodes, David Otunga, Wade Barrett and Christian are in the ring to heat from the crowd. They talk about their grievances and threaten to boycott all WWE events because of unsafe working conditions, unless Triple H resigns as WWE COO.

* WWE champ Alberto Del Rio comes out and says that the Smackdown stars won’t return to Raw as long as HHH is COO. He’s here to show Smackdown what Raw will be missing this Monday. Teddy long comes out and announces Sheamus & Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes & Christian as tonight’s main event, but says that since Del Rio wants to be in action tonight, he will face Sin Cara.

*WWE champion Alberto Del Rio defeated Sin Cara. After the match, Black Cara attacked Blue Cara.

*Backstage, Matt Striker interviewed WWE Tag Team champions Air Boom, asking them why they walked out on Raw. They said it was a culmination of many things but until HHH steps down, the fans won’t see Air Boom anywhere but Smackdown.

*Jack Swagger and WWE United States champion Dolph Ziggler defeated WWE Tag Team champions Air Boom in a non title match. The champions were attacked as they made their entrance and were on the defensive for most of the match.

*WWE Divas champion Beth Phoenix defeated Alicia Fox in 30 seconds. After the match, Fox was trapped in Beth’s submission while Natalya screamed at her on the mic to cry and scream.

* Big Show comes out and talked about returning, then challenges Mark Henry. Mark Henry came out and says he will deal with Big Show when he’s ready but Show doesn’t deserve a World Heavyweight Title shot.

* Randy Orton is interviewed by Matt Striker and is asked why he didn’t participate on the walkout at RAW. Orton says he will deal with Triple H personally, if he has issues with him.

* Big Show comes back out and says he wants Mark Henry tonight. This appeared to be an addition or re-tape to the previous segment.

* Ezekiel Jackson defeated Jinder Mahal.

* John Laurinaitis shows up in Teddy Long’s office to offer his support.

* Hornswoggle and Booker T entertain the crowd in the ring, likely a segment for just us in the crowd. They both do Spinaroonies.

* Sheamus and Randy Orton beat Cody Rhodes and Christian.

* Mark Henry and Big Show had a staredown and teased a brawl to end the show.

Meh.

Londoner
10-05-2011, 05:42 AM
Sounds interesting.

Lara Emily
10-05-2011, 06:58 AM
So let me get this straight, HHH is the COO of the entire company, but everyone is just boycotting Raw?

:|

Though maybe, despite being COO, HHH still doesn't want to work Tuesdays?

Londoner
10-05-2011, 07:08 AM
Raw is the only live show though, so its way of making a point but keeping the show going at the same time. Obviously they wont boycott Raw though and something will happen, so calm down. :)

Lara Emily
10-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Well of course, doesn't make it less dumb though.

Evil Vito
10-05-2011, 07:45 AM
<font color=goldenrod>So since it is implied that everybody who walked out on Raw will boycott..........Raw is officially a 5 man show. Looking forward to a 2 hour promo from HHH, Cena, Punk, Orton, and Sheamus convincing everybody to come back.</font>

Lara Emily
10-05-2011, 07:58 AM
With one camera angle and no commentators

Fox
10-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Why did the cameramen boycott? It's not like they've been endangered or effected by this thing. HBK was the one who was pulling camera people in the way of flying Undertakers, and he's retired. So wtf?

Mr. Nerfect
10-05-2011, 08:17 AM
This whole thing is pretty silly, but I kinda like the idea of the rosters being reshuffled because some guys don't want to work on RAW (even though SmackDown! is equally as susceptible to attack and is as much Triple H's jurisdiction as RAW). But I know that isn't where this storyline is going.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Why did the cameramen boycott? It's not like they've been endangered or effected by this thing. HBK was the one who was pulling camera people in the way of flying Undertakers, and he's retired. So wtf?

Truth took out two of them at HIAC.

Rammsteinmad
10-05-2011, 09:00 AM
I can't believe the entire roster is scared of The Miz and R-Truth.

Either way, I don't recall seeing these two on Smackdown recently, so I guess the superstars just figure that the B-show is below these two.

Cuse8
10-05-2011, 09:10 AM

Either way, I don't recall seeing these two on Smackdown recently, so I guess the superstars just figure that the B-show is below these two.

thats what im saying too..i could understand somewhat if this angle happened after the nexus attack where it was 7 (then 6) guys taking out EVERYONE in sight.

this is 2 guys who have jumped a couple wrestlers, hit a couple refs and 2 camera men....

Innovator
10-05-2011, 09:22 AM
With one camera angle and no commentators

They still got Joey dammit.

Evil Vito
10-05-2011, 01:00 PM
With Teddy Long reaping the benefits of the walkout, maybe he's had a role to play in all of the chaos happening.

Not that I'd want to see it, just a theory. Teddy is sick of being caught up in the bullshit.

Gertner
10-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Doesn't seem that great this week, which is disappointing because RAW was fantastic.

Londoner
10-05-2011, 02:11 PM
Wouldn't say Raw was 'fantastic'.

Droford
10-05-2011, 02:17 PM
RAW will have local jobbers with HHH announcing/officiating and doing the camera work by himself with that ref cam they used to use.

Ruien
10-05-2011, 03:00 PM
<font color=goldenrod>So since it is implied that everybody who walked out on Raw will boycott..........Raw is officially a 5 man show. Looking forward to a 2 hour promo from HHH, Cena, Punk, Orton, and Sheamus convincing everybody to come back.</font>

Mason Ryan too!

Gertner
10-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Wouldn't say Raw was 'fantastic'.

The 12 man tag and the ending was terrific.

erickman
10-05-2011, 04:51 PM
So let me get this straight, HHH is the COO of the entire company, but everyone is just boycotting Raw?

we need that paul hyman shoot at one night stand

Emperor Smeat
10-05-2011, 05:18 PM

It does sound odd because there were Smackdown wrestlers on Raw but I'd assume the logic must be since all the major chaos is occurring only on Raw and not Smackdown, Triple H still has some confidence because Teddy Long helps out on Smackdown.

Shisen Kopf
10-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Not gonna tape this crap

St. Jimmy
10-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Don't make me say it.

Gertner
10-05-2011, 07:30 PM

Well you guys all want a wrestler who resembles a gymnastics teacher to mow down the roster/ cash in MTIB and be champ.

Razzamajazz
10-06-2011, 03:10 AM
i blame the pg era

MoFo
10-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Big Show is gonna kill Henrys heat.

KaliKot
10-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Just saw Smackdown. It was pretty decent-good imo

The last segment where Big Show demolished security and Mark Henry was entertaining. No bad matches and everyone cut their promos pretty well

And Teddy Came out to announce a TAGG TEAM MATCH

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2011, 02:24 AM
Kinda want Big Show to beat Mark Henry for the World Heavyweight Title. Fuck the haters. I don't feel like such a mark until I am following Henry as World Champion. There's such an old-school feel to his monster reign.

Lara Emily
10-07-2011, 05:28 AM
WTF so you want to kill Mark Henry's heat in favour of fucking Big Show? That dude needs to be putting fuckers over not killing people's pushes

#BROKEN Hasney
10-07-2011, 05:33 AM
I can't even work out which is the lesser of 2 evils with those two.

Lara Emily
10-07-2011, 05:38 AM
I can't even work out which is the lesser of 2 evils with those two.

Henry at least he's been moderately interesting and passionate. Show hasn't been interesting in a long fucking time.

Tazz Dan
10-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Smackdown was a bit shit this week. Big Shows promo carried on way too long, and everything seemed kinda flat.

DaVe
10-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Had it on in the background this arvo. Wanted Henry to put him back on the shelf again.

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2011, 09:20 PM
WTF so you want to kill Mark Henry's heat in favour of fucking Big Show? That dude needs to be putting fuckers over not killing people's pushes

Big Show is younger than Mark Henry. Both are getting more and more banged up, and I know I've read about Henry talking about retirement. He's not a really young dude breaking out. Yeah, he's breaking out -- but if beating Orton cleanly twice doesn't solidify you, what will?

Also, if you read what I actually said, I gave the Show/Henry feud kudos for making me care about the face/heel lines. I'm actually a mark for Henry, as the WWE would intend me to be (I boo him and want to see him lose the World Title). That's a nice compliment to the man's efforts.

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Best thing on this week's show was the awesome Big Show stuff (I'm a fan of it, fuck you guys) and the Sin Cara stuff. I'm finding myself really liking Sin Cara Negro, as they call him. His warped entrance, darker theme and ring style are just more to my liking. Kind of hope they keep him around forever.

XCaliber
10-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Thought SD was kinda crappy this week tbh no Barrett in action for the 2nd week in a row doesn't help matters. :-\

Mr. Nerfect
10-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Apparently the ratings for SmackDown! have been pretty terrible with Mark Henry as World Heavyweight Champion, by the way. Not saying the dude is shitty or anything -- I do find value in his current work. But I'm not entirely sure he's the best choice to be heading the brand right now.

Mr. Nerfect
10-08-2011, 07:33 AM
But then again -- the RAW ratings have been pretty crappy with Alberto Del Rio and John Cena as WWE Champions, too.

Londoner
10-08-2011, 07:34 AM
I keep turning smackdown on atm then not really wanting to keep watching, its nothing to do with Mark Henry though. It isn't just about who the champ is.

Mr. Nerfect
10-08-2011, 08:20 AM
SmackDown! has had a different vibe to it. It seems less about just having two guys have an awesome match.

Lara Emily
10-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Apparently the ratings for SmackDown! have been pretty terrible with Mark Henry as World Heavyweight Champion, by the way. Not saying the dude is shitty or anything -- I do find value in his current work. But I'm not entirely sure he's the best choice to be heading the brand right now.

Well hot shotting it to Big Show sure isn't going to help.

Mr. Nerfect
10-08-2011, 08:29 AM
The guy's a proven attraction. I'm not sure about in today's day and age -- but at one point the guy legit drew.

Ultra Mantis
10-08-2011, 08:42 AM
I hope after Henry finishes with Big Show we dont have to endure WHC feuds with Kane and Khali too.

Shadrick
10-08-2011, 10:58 AM
I don't think we'll have to worry about Khali. Just a hunch.

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2011, 01:58 PM
This wasn't my favorite Smackdown or anything, but those spoilers didn't do the show any justice at all. FUCK SPOILERS.

Triple Naitch
10-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Yeah. Show was much better than the spoilers. Glad I don't read these things til after I watch it.

GD
10-09-2011, 03:05 AM
Sin Cara Negro :lol:

GD
10-09-2011, 03:07 AM
Booker had to go to the bathroom! :rofl:

GD
10-09-2011, 03:21 AM
Ginger Mahal.

GD
10-09-2011, 03:29 AM
Big Show is horrible.

Jura
10-09-2011, 12:16 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zgC7Ca8bk-s?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2DKzFqCgyEk?rel=0&amp;hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like the dying elephant sound in his theme.

Pintint
10-09-2011, 01:42 PM
I liked SD, but hated Big Show killing Henry's unstoppable streak/heat.

Innovator
10-09-2011, 01:53 PM
SD was good, and I don't have a problem with someone actually getting to Henry.

It's the Big Show, a pissed off Big Show. Cmon people.

XL
10-09-2011, 03:20 PM
I like the dying elephant sound in his theme.
Reminds me of the Smoke Monster in LOST.

MIZantine Empire
10-10-2011, 01:56 AM
finally got around to watching smackdown, and just a couple of things i would like to bring up. one, i lold hard when josh matthews went to high five swogs, and good ol horny ran to the ring and blew him off, lol..and on a serious note...im not a big daniel bryan advocate, but where has he been? seems like they would put more stock in a guy who won the smackdown MITB...i cant remember the last time i saw him on raw or smackdown.

Jura
10-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Also, Jinder Mahal was tapping out on Zeke's forehead.

What Would Kevin Do?
10-10-2011, 11:12 AM
finally got around to watching smackdown, and just a couple of things i would like to bring up. one, i lold hard when josh matthews went to high five swogs, and good ol horny ran to the ring and blew him off, lol..and on a serious note...im not a big daniel bryan advocate, but where has he been? seems like they would put more stock in a guy who won the smackdown MITB...i cant remember the last time i saw him on raw or smackdown.

If I had to guess, they're going to play up the frustration angle of MitB bringing him nothing but bad luck.

MIZantine Empire
10-10-2011, 01:26 PM
If I had to guess, they're going to play up the frustration angle of MitB bringing him nothing but bad luck.
makes sense i suppose..but have they ever not featured an MITB winner like they are doing with bryan? my memory only goes back to the miz/kanes MITB wins, since i didnt watch wwe from 02-09...just seems like they put all that stock in him, having him win the MITB, then seemingly gave up on him again.

MIZantine Empire
10-10-2011, 01:30 PM
i personally love henry bein champ, and wouldnt mind big show. i like how the "smackdown brand" is venturing out and puttin the straps on people you wouldnt really think. raw is kind of doing it with del rio, but u know one way or ten, that belt will be back on cena. i mean on smackdown this year alone, we have had ziggler (technically), christian, and mark henry become world champs, all people who have never been world champs (cough cough christian cage, cough cough ecw). its exciting to me as a fan seeing someone else win the big one.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Probably one of the worst Smackdowns I can remember. Sin Cara and Del Rio was alright, but not long enough and everything else just seemed like a Raw recap bar Big Show and henry. That just made me gag, the thought that they will be having a match soon. Not sure if I should puke or cry.

Fox
10-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Everyone! Tune in to the RAW SUPERSHOW featuring the best superstars in all of the WWE!

...oh, and Smackdown is on later in the week, too. Friday or something.