PDA

View Full Version : how things have changed : tpww.net wrestling news from 1999-present

The MAC
10-06-2011, 10:03 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/19991124022226/http://www.tpww.net/

#BROKEN Hasney
10-06-2011, 10:09 AM
And ze forums

http://tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=90875

VSG
10-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Just read AAA reporting the death of Gorilla Monsoon on that page.

Damn :'(

The MAC
10-06-2011, 10:20 AM
news starts here : http://web.archive.org/web/20010214232607/http://www.tpww.net/news/archives.html

dhellova guy
10-06-2011, 11:21 AM
From the news:

The following is from WWF.com:
Effective Sunday, October 3 at 9:45 p.m. ET, Vince Russo, one of the creative writers, will no longer be with the World Wrestling Federation. Russo abruptly resigned over the phone and will now be working for WCW.

I basically can't believe this. This is definitely one of the most surprising stories in a while. WWF Booker/Magazine editor Vince Russo has quit the WWF and signed with WCW. This could very well be a huge turning point in the world of wrestling. More on this story as it becomes available.

Boy, was Triple A right!

Innovator
10-06-2011, 11:22 AM
I looked forward to AAA's thoughts.

VSG
10-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Some "Richard Gray" did the news in 2001. Not bad writing at all.

DrCrawford
10-06-2011, 01:09 PM
i miss that old banner. ive been visiting this site since at least early 1999

BigCrippyZ
10-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Wow, this really takes me back. I can't believe I've been coming to this website for over 12+ years. I actually can vaguely remember reading a lot of these news stories/posts originally. Good times.

Anybody Thrilla
10-06-2011, 01:53 PM
I don't really see any differences at all.

glanville6
10-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Wow dude. Just in general, what an awesome website...thingy. Going back to see old MLB websites before MLB ruined em all

Nightwing
10-06-2011, 02:34 PM
From WWF.com:Due to a contract dispute between J.R. and Jeff, Jeff Jarrett will be leaving the World Wrestling Federation for World Championship Wrestling. Although his contract with the WWF expires this Saturday, he will be at No Mercy on Sunday, which is a testament to the kind of human being Jeff Jarrett is. The WWF hopes to do business with Jeff again in the future.

lol

VSG
10-06-2011, 03:11 PM
I like how WWF gave more detailed explanations into the release of a roster member back then. NO FUTURE ENDEAVOURS!

JimmyMess
10-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Wow that was spooky how much I instantly recalled that page.

I love the poll on who is the best Heel... the options are epic!

BigCrippyZ
10-06-2011, 03:28 PM
I love the poll on who is the best Heel... the options are epic!

Nice! I didn't see that earlier. :y:

parkmania
10-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Scarier still than the choices is who is in second place behind HHH: Bossman! He beats The Outsiders by 3%.

Malfeitor
10-06-2011, 07:14 PM
A teacher at my middle school told me about this website when I was in 6th or 7th grade. Back in the angelfire days. OG as fuck.

Chavo Classic
10-06-2011, 07:23 PM
With everyone but the World Wrestling Federation itself confirming the signing of former ECW Champion, Justin Credible to a 3-year deal, much speculation has arisen as to what his role in the Federation will be. It should also be noted that with Credible being good friends of both Triple H and X-Pac, his role in the company will more than likely be more significant than that of Tazz or Raven who came from Extreme Championship Wrestling as well. With that said, Credible could very well return to the company alongside X-Pac, who is set to return to a WWF House Show on February 2nd. Not only will that give Credible an immediate role in the company, it'll help X-Pac get back on track quickly. A second scenario would put him up against other former ECW competitors such as Tazz, Raven, The Dudleys, or even Saturn to name a few. And yet another possibility that exists is that Credible could be the man who Vince McMahon met in the limousine on the Smackdown prior to the Royal Rumble. It was never officially revealed who McMahon's special guest was, but it could be argued that it was either Haku or The Big Show. At any rate, Justin Credible has several places in which he can fit in the World Wrestling Federation.

How wrong we were.

erickman
10-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Just read AAA reporting the death of Gorilla Monsoon on that page.

Damn :'(

i rember when trip-a did the ppv's it was good times before the fall of wcw.

Emperor Smeat
10-06-2011, 08:51 PM
At least the tradition of random "Click Here" links at the end of news posts hasn't changed after over a decade later.

MoFo
10-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Dial up internet was horrible, that EEEEEEURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAARRRRRRR noise at the start....

Fox
10-07-2011, 07:31 PM
One of my first "favorited" websites. Man, I feel old now.

I'm also stoked that the link to 5StarWrestling still works. I used to write a column for them (after Triple A chose not to give me a "job" when I made the top 10 of his columnist search back in 2000). Wish that still existed somewhere.

bigslimjj
10-07-2011, 07:49 PM
The dude that wrote this column was pretty kewl.

"Jarrett still sucks and he ain't winning the strap. I'll show you fucking stroke you talentless moron. Just because you were beginning to get over in the WWF doesn't mean you're any more talented than you were (or weren't).

On the subject of insulting people I HATE THE FILTHY FUCKING ANIMALS! They're getting far too much air time, maybe that'll decrease now Gey Rey is injured.

Hmmm, don't know what ame over me then, I guess I don't like watching things that BORE THE LIVING HELL OUT OF ME!

Sting is a face again. Big surprise there. This must be the most failed heel turn attempt I've ever seen with someone the status Sting has. Absolutely pathetic. At least he's shed this dark soul image now, that was getting old."

Fox
10-07-2011, 07:53 PM
The CyNick?