PDA

View Full Version : So whats next for Sting?

Rollermacka
10-06-2011, 04:02 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UowQAxWKitc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So after Bound for Glory, what do you think is next for Sting? I will admit, the whole "Insane Icon" has grown on me.

Lock Jaw
10-06-2011, 05:00 PM
I don't watch TNA, but I would probably love the "Insane Joker Sting" gimmick. It is a shame I can't stand the programming enough to watch it.

Anybody Thrilla
10-06-2011, 05:19 PM
I hated Sting's character at first, but it's been pretty tolerable as of late. TNA in general has been pretty good. After Hogan, though...I can't really imagine the next logical progression for him. Surely not a Bobby Roode feud?

DLVH84
10-06-2011, 06:32 PM
What's sure about Sting...is nothing's for sure!!!

OldSchoolFan
10-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Quit TNA and face Taker at WM

Rollermacka
10-06-2011, 08:27 PM
I hated Sting's character at first, but it's been pretty tolerable as of late. TNA in general has been pretty good. After Hogan, though...I can't really imagine the next logical progression for him. Surely not a Bobby Roode feud?

I wouldn't want to see him in the world title picture per say, but I still think he should still still be a main event player. Does that make sense, an important part of TNA just not the world champ :-\

MoFo
10-06-2011, 08:45 PM

Steveviscious89
10-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Sting, as much as I have enjoyed him over the years, probably needs to retire just for his own good. It's just a matter of time before something goes really wrong during a match and he would be forced into retirement. This might sound like a lame idea, but I think it would be cool for Sting to be 'replaced'. In other words there would be a story where he knows he can't be Sting anymore, and passes on the gimmick to someone else. The someone else though would have to be chosen very carefully and properly prepared.

blak23
10-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I dont understand why people want to see sting vs. taker. it wil not be a good match

Lock Jaw
10-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Last time I saw Sting in the ring, he still looked to be in decent shape. This was a few years back, though.

DLVH84
10-06-2011, 09:22 PM
I dont understand why people want to see sting vs. taker. it wil not be a good match

They tried it before at a house show in WCW, a couple months before 'Taker joined WWE, and it didn't get very good reviews.

Nicky Fives
10-06-2011, 09:56 PM

It doesn't matter if it would be a good match..... The IWC would shit its collective pants over just the thought of it.....

MoFo
10-06-2011, 10:02 PM
They tried it before at a house show in WCW, a couple months before 'Taker joined WWE, and it didn't get very good reviews.

Thats over 20 fucking yrs ago, obviously theyve improved somewhat.

Plus, evryone knew the Hogan v Rock match would suck, but its HULK FUCKING HOGAN VS THE FUCKING ROCK.....how can you not be excited for shit like this. Its a dream match.

blak23
10-06-2011, 10:06 PM
but the could at least make hogan look somewhat bearable. taker and sting have no one

MoFo
10-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Taker can still work great matches, IMO.

Too much is made of his 'broken down body'.

blak23
10-06-2011, 10:19 PM
but thats with other guys that could still do great things and could make up for his short comings but sting and taker no

blak23
10-06-2011, 10:22 PM
why is taker v sting a big deal anyway?

blak23
10-06-2011, 10:23 PM
and why is sting the joker

The MAC
10-07-2011, 01:49 AM
I think TNA would probably approve Sting working 1 match at wrestlemania. It would do wonders for them even if he jobs (which he will)

screech
10-07-2011, 01:52 AM
I think TNA would probably approve Sting working 1 match at wrestlemania. It would do wonders for them even if he jobs (which he will)

You cannot be serious with this post.

The MAC
10-07-2011, 02:01 AM
[doc. Brown] you're not thinking 4th dimensionally[/doc. Brown].

how would it hurt TNA?

1. It would expose them to a wider audience.
2. You fucks would all be talking about it
3. You would watch TNA for the build up

Obviously the WWE would never go for this as it would promote their "competition" but this will not hurt TNA in the least.

Think motherfucker, think!

Mr. Nerfect
10-07-2011, 02:45 AM
Personally, I just cannot be into Sting these days. I respect the hell out of the performer, but him always taking movies for inspiration makes me want to see a feud with Goldust more than a feud with The Undertaker.

Sting beats Hogan, and then maybe moves onto Bully Ray? You could have Ray talk about wanting to put an old man through a table, or something. Ray beats Sting in a Tables Match at the November PPV, and Sting then takes some time off as Ray rides the heat of "ending Sting's career."

jskinnyg
10-07-2011, 10:31 AM

Most boring WM ever... Well, not ever, but you get the point...

But I guess even Taker could sell Sting and get him over...

OldSchoolFan
10-07-2011, 10:59 AM
I only feel it would be enjoyable due to the facts that were run to death when everyone thought it was going to happen this year. And that is that during their prime it was defiantly not going to happen due to both of their loyalty to the companies.
Do I think it would be a "Holy shit 5 Stars instant classic" as far as the "Wrestling"- no do I think it would be amazing for fans who grew up in the "Monday Night Wars Era"- absolutely. That way Taker keeps Mania record, they get huge draw, and don't have to kill off anyone's momentum; so everyone wins, just my 2 cents.

screech
10-07-2011, 11:05 AM
[doc. Brown] you're not thinking 4th dimensionally[/doc. Brown].

how would it hurt TNA?

1. It would expose them to a wider audience.
2. You fucks would all be talking about it
3. You would watch TNA for the build up

Obviously the WWE would never go for this as it would promote their "competition" but this will not hurt TNA in the least.

Think motherfucker, think!

Why on Earth would TNA send one of their top guys to the top competition on the biggest show of the wrestling calendar?

That's basically saying: "We give up. Nothing we're doing is working, so we'll send you our guy in the hopes that you'll promote us through him."

If this were to happen, you realize Sting would be with WWE from about January-March. And there is no way WWE would allow him to keep working TNA dates during that time, so what would be shown on iMPACT? Videos of him on RAW?

screech
10-07-2011, 11:08 AM
I get that you want to think outside the box, but that's just silly. It wouldn't promote TNA because you would never hear the company mentioned outside of its show.

You'd have to already be watching TNA to know about it, and even then at best you'd be seeing what you already saw three days prior. It's not like Sting would show up in TNA gear, either.

RiX1024
10-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Sting going to WWE and face Taker? Are you serious bro?

Get him to feud with Bully Ray (agree with Noid) or Gunner and take it from there....

Rollermacka
10-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Sting going to WWE and face Taker? Are you serious bro?

Get him to feud with Bully Ray (agree with Noid) or Gunner and take it from there....

I actually remember Gunner pinned Sting in a tag team match, and of course it being TNA they mentioned it in passing but nothing ever came of it. Do you think Gunner is ready to be put over by a guy the level of Sting?

MoFo
10-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Why on Earth would TNA send one of their top guys to the top competition on the biggest show of the wrestling calendar?

That's basically saying: "We give up. Nothing we're doing is working, so we'll send you our guy in the hopes that you'll promote us through him."

Didnt they do that already with Nash and Booker at the Rumble though.

Rammsteinmad
10-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Half of WWE's audience today probably don't even know who Sting is.

screech
10-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Didnt they do that already with Nash and Booker at the Rumble though.

They weren't working for TNA at the time, though. At least I'm pretty sure they weren't.

If so, they weren't featured on TV <s>weekly</s> at all so it's not really the same.

Anybody Thrilla
10-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Hey The MAC, you are dumb.

Droford
10-07-2011, 02:34 PM
he's gonna follow King Jeff and Queen Karen around and annoy the hell out of them

XL
10-08-2011, 04:32 AM
Pretty sure Sting v Taker wouldn't be about the actual match. It'd be the build, the mindgames, the promos, etc.

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Pretty sure Sting v Taker wouldn't be about the actual match. It'd be the build, the mindgames, the promos, etc.

So how shitty would that be after Taker's last four Wrestlemania matches have been incredible matches? I doubt Sting would even be that over if he debuted in WWE right now.

XL
10-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Some people here are actively encouraging a Taker v Mark Henry match at Mania and you're worried about "Match Quality?

XL
10-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Additionally, I saw a lot of criticism of HHH v Taker and the build for that was beyond awful. That's the worst of both worlds for some people.

Anybody Thrilla
10-08-2011, 12:43 PM
I don't want to see Henry either, but this thread is about Sting.

And yeah, the HHH/Taker build was less than impressive, but the match was awesome...which is what I would prefer.

Mr. Nerfect
10-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Apparently the storyline is that if Sting beats Hogan, then Hogan turns over control of TNA to Dixie Carter again? So, Sting wins, and we then get Hogan leaving -- which works fine with me. Now, Hogan has been behind Immortal in TNA, and has recently aligned himself with Kurt Angle, who is doing an "I'm better than young guys" thing.

So, combining all these things, it wouldn't bother me to see an Angle vs. Sting feud, where the idea isn't so much Angle and Sting getting into the ring with each other, but Sting becomes a voice for passing the torch, while Angle tries to cling to the past -- stating that he hates Sting for getting rid of Hogan, or whatever.

Dixie gets her company back and could even promote Sting to some sort of position of authority. Sting has never been that sort of guy, to me knowledge, but the guy isn't horrible on the mic, and it keeps him as an on-screen character without putting him in the ring every week.

CSL
10-08-2011, 07:25 PM
In regards to the WWE/Sting talk, Sting is a big enough name with enough history that even the parts of the audience who don't know who he is, they can get him over with them in no time with a little bit of effort. And that said, enough would know who he is that he'd get a nice reaction still. Vince McMahon and the WWE production values controlling Sting's current character over the space of a few months building to a match with Taker at Mania could be fantastic television. And the match would be fine, Taker brings everything at Mania and Sting is capable of good matches still plus they know all the shortcuts. The "grand stage", a bit of help (a run in or two from like an army of Stings, no DQ etc) and it'd be fine. It's just never going to happen.

Mr. Nerfect
10-08-2011, 07:31 PM
I would actually mark out if The Miz challenged The Undertaker to a match at WrestleMania, and then came out for the match decked out in black and white make-up and a dark coat on. It wouldn't be Sting; but you know that people around the world would be talking about it.

Rammsteinmad
10-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Really not interested in seeing the Miz face Undertaker at Wrestlemania. He just doesn't that that 'threat' factor about him against 'Taker. And since this will be victim #20, it really needs to be someone big.

But I too, would mark out if he did that whole face paint thing.

Rammsteinmad
10-08-2011, 07:58 PM
On a Sting-related note, has WWE ever acknowledged him on-screen? I know they've featured him in DVD's over the years, but have they ever named him on an episode of Raw or Smackdown or on a PPV? Maybe when they're listing the 'many greats who have held this belt, such as...'.

Kinda feel like they wouldn't name him since he's in TNA and 'doesn't exist', but then WWE owns all the WCW stuff now, so why wouldn't they?

Totally pointless question, but whatever... just something that Miz idea made me think.

StRaNgEr
10-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Not going to lie, after spending my teenage years as a total WCW mark, I would love to see it. But it will never happen. Stings reason for never going to WWF/E is that he knew they would never use him or his character correctly. If he did this, it would probably be a 1 match deal. And he's not going to do it to go job for vince 1 time and then disappear. On a sidenote, I was just daydreaming about Sting showing up at WM, and being the one to end the streak, and i just jizzed myself. :drool: