PDA

View Full Version : Kayfabe Wrestling Predictions: Bound for Glory 2011

The Show Off
10-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Kayfabe Wrestling Predictions: Bound for Glory 2011

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match
-Mexican America (c) v. Ink, Inc.
This match might be an example of the least tested tag team to ever be featured in a Bound for Glory tag team championship match. Mexican America has been together for less than a year and Ink, Inc. has only been together for about a year and a half. When dealing with two teams that are so inexperienced, you have to look into the individual players within the match. You especially need to look into the individual wrestlers when it comes to two teams that are so equal as far as wrestling skills. When looking at it from this perspective Hernandez becomes the key to this match.

Hernandez is a tag team ace who is now holding the championship with his third tag team partner. Hernandez is also the man who is head and shoulders better than every other participant in the matchup. Anarquia and Jesse Neal are both essentially rookies and Shannon Moore’s career has been shaky at best. In fact if Shannon Moore were to win the championship on Sunday, along with Jesse Neal, it would be the first time he had won a championship in a major wrestling organization since February of 2000 when he along with his two partners in three count won the WCW Hardcore Championship.

It is really put up or shut up time for the Prince of Punk if he doesn’t take this title now he may never do so. This will provide significant motivation for Moore, but he and Jesse Neal are facing a dominant force in Hernandez and an adequate competitor in Anarquia. Ink, Inc. has seemed to come up with a solution to the Saritia and Rosita problem, but they still haven’t come up with a solution to the Mexican America problem. Ink, Inc. has been pulling out all the stops to get these championships, but Mexican America is just too good for Ink, Inc. to beat so the won’t.
Winner: Mexican America

Four Way Match for the TNA Knockouts Championship
-Winter (c) v. Madison Rayne v. Mickie James v. Velvet Sky
Anytime there is a match where more than two people wrestling for themselves figuring out a winner is less a matter of analysis and more a matter of pure dumb luck. That may be a bit of hyperbole on my part but if you’ve seen the history of three ways or four ways you’ll see that the more talented wrestler more often than not doesn’t come away for the victory. When it comes to such a random match result I try to cling on to any criteria in which to choose a winner. So allow me to say a few words about each participant. First we have Velvet Sky, the best asset she brings into this match his her tenacity and the fact that she has been improving her skills be leaps and bounds since she has been separated from her old Beautiful People tag partner Angelina love. Velvet also has a tremendous will to be champion, she has been talking about the championship non-stop for 8 months and she really wants it bad. She is the only one of these participants that has never held the title before and she is determined to take it.

Mickie James, on the other hand, has had more success in wrestling than her three opponents. She is a fantastic wrestler and much like Velvet Sky also has the fans on her side. Madison Rayne is also a great wrestler and though at times she seems a bit unhinged, she is also a very intelligent cagey competitor. She is a multiple time champion and has the type of supreme confidence in herself that is a tremendous asset to any competitor. Finally, we have Winter, the current Knockouts Champion. Winter is also a fine competitor and more than just a little bit unhinged. Her greatest asset is her “relationship” with Angelina Love who is herself a cagey very competent wrestler.

So we have to look at the biggest asset each woman possesses, Velvet is determined, Mickie has experience, Madison is cagey and Winter has Angelina Love. Which asset is the greatest advantage in such a match? Determination is good but in the randomness of a four way it had little bearing for victory. Experience is also good but most of her experience is in one on one matches. Angelina Love is a great asset but four ways are chaotic and even with a second person you’re still taking on 3 and you’re still outnumbered. Cageyness is a tremendous asset that allows you to not only take advantage of opportunities but to stop others from doing so.
Winner: Madison Rayne

The Show Off
10-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Triple Threat Match
Crimson v. Matt Morgan v. Samoa Joe
This match is all about Samoa Joe. For the past three years, dating all the way back to Bound for Glory 2008 when he lost the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, Joe has been a listless flaccid weak competitor. He has had some flashes of brilliance along the way but for the most part he has lost far too many matches than a man of his talent and skill dictate. Never was this made so evident than during the Bound for Glory Series. Reading the list of competitors in the competition Joe should have had some easy wins against guys like D-Von, Gunner or Scott Steiner and should have been able to gut out some wins against the likes of AJ Styles, Bobby Roode and The Pope, but when the Bound for Glory Series ended Joe had zero points.

A guy as talented as Joe should have been among the best not dead last. Because of all this Joe got angry and started to eliminate the competition. Is this a glimpse of that old fire Joe had in 2008 or is this just a temper tantrum from a baby that is realizing that he’s no longer good enough to hang with the upper echelon of the business? It is tough to tell but Matt Morgan, a perennial contender, and Crimson, a dominant rookie, may bring out the best in Joe, but will Joe answer the call? Just as in the four way Knockouts match, multi-man matches are more a matter of luck than talent.

So let’s look at each man’s greatest asset. Crimson’s biggest asset is his belief that he cannot be defeated and anger at Joe. Morgan’s biggest asset is his God given abilities, size strength, speed and intelligence. Joe’s biggest asset is his big match experience as well and his anger at getting his spot usurped. In the end a triple threat is all about keeping a level head and I think in this match Morgan has the level head.
Winner: Matt Morgan

TNA X-Division Championship Match
-Austin Aries (c) v. Brian Kendrick
The Wizard of Odd looks to regain his X-Division Championship from the greatest man that ever lived. This match is fairly cut and dry, Austin Aries and Brian Kendrick are so evenly matched that it becomes fairly difficult to pick a favorite. Obviously A Double has a win on Kendrick but that doesn’t mean that Kendrick couldn’t have easily won that match. Aries is a little bigger than Kendrick, but Kendrick has more speed. Aries is a little bit stronger than Kendrick, but Kendrick is more unpredictable. Aries will do anything to win, but Kendrick believes the X-Division is his destiny and for a guy as out there as Kendrick destiny means a lot more to him than to others.

This match really comes down to who is having the better night, but as a prognosticator I cannot actually make a true prediction as to who will have a better night so all I can go with is what I think will be the X-factor for the X-division. The x-factor is, not to mince any words, Austin Aries’ willingness to cheat to win. These guys are so closely matched that I think Aries’ willingness to do anything will allow him to retain.
Winner: Austin Aries

Full Metal Mayhem Match
-Jerry Lynn v. Rob Van Dam
It’s amazing how a match that will most likely be the best match of the night it is also the match with the least amount of question as so who will win. Does anyone actually believe that Jerry Lynn will win this match? Has Jerry Lynn ever beat Rob Van Dam in a big match? If he has I cannot remember. The astounding thing about that stat is because Jerry Lynn is actually fairly well matched to Rob Van Dam. The two of them are as close as A is to B as far as talent is concerned but it always seems RVD gets the upper hand.

And Sunday night is going to be no different. When dealing with two competitors that have faced each other you have to wonder what is different this time than the others. One thing that is different this time is that Jerry Lynn essentially egged RVD into this match by screwing him from wining the BFG series. For the first time in their rivalry Jerry Lynn is wrestling for more than just pride or out of competition. Lynn is wrestling to make RVD pay for what he perceives as holding him in his shadow. RVD is also angry at Lynn for costing him a TNA World Heavyweight Championship match. The emotion in this match is essentially a wash.

The only other new factor for this match that has occurred many times before is that this will be a Full Metal Mayhem match which is basically just a glorified ladder match. Lynn and RVD have experience in ladder matches but RVD has great success in ladder matches winning Money in the Bank and the Intercontinental Championship twice in ladder matches. The ladder match also favors RVD. This is a storied rivalry that RVD has dominated and it has only gotten worse for Lynn because the match the two of them will wrestle in greatly favors Rob Van Dam.
Winner: Rob Van Dam

The Show Off
10-14-2011, 08:57 PM
I Quit Match
-AJ Styles v. Christopher Daniels
After reading my prediction for Jerry Lynn versus Rob Van Dam one might expect that I would give the same exact explanation for this match. After all the Styles/Daniels feud is very similar to the Lynn/RVD feud. Both feuds feature two competitors who are closely matched, both feuds feature a one man dominating as far as wins and losses are concerned. And finally, both feuds have showcased some of the greatest matches the wrestling business has ever seen.

AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels in an I Quit match stands a fantastic shot at swiping match of the night from Lynn/RVD. But this match is not as cut and dry as the match that I have been comparing it to. This match is even more personal. For the past 9 or 10 years Daniels and Styles have drifted between the best of friends and the worst of enemies. However, this match is different this is an “I Quit Match” and more importantly this is the first match the two of them will have in some time in which AJ Styles is coming off a loss to Christopher Daniels. I know what you’re thinking that Christopher Daniels win was a fluke victory because AJ literally slipped off the top rope, but that doesn’t matter.

To Christopher Daniels that was a legitimate win and that’s the only place that matters. Daniels is an emotional wrestler that thrives off of his confidence and now that he has confidence it’s going to be difficult for a guy like AJ to separate him from that confidence. It is difficult to see how a guy as proud and, lets face fit, full of himself as Christopher Daniels will lower himself to quit. However, AJ Styles is the same man that was actually able to make Tommy Dreamer, a notorious tough guy in the wrestling industry, quit.

This is a tough match to pick because Daniels now has the confidence that he can beat AJ, something that has probably been lacking in the past, and it is tough to see how AJ could humble Daniels even if he were to be in tremendous pain. AJ, on the other hand, it a difficult win for anyone but he doesn’t take the same amount of pride into this match and ultimately will probably have more sympathy for his friend than his friend will have for him.
Winner: Christopher Daniels

Falls Count Anywhere Match
-Bully Ray v. Mr. Anderson
What a difference a years makes. Last year Mr. Anderson was competing in the main event of Bound for Glory and then Brother Ray was announcing his retirement. Now, a year later, these two will face off. If you were to ask me who was going to win this match if it happened last year it would have gone to Mr. Anderson because he was on a role. In the past year Mr. Anderson has won two TNA World Heavyweight Championships and had the greatest year of his career, but Bully Ray went from a forgotten, albeit extremely successful, tag team wrestler to a dominating force among the singles ranks. Bully Ray dropped D-Von and has never looked better.

He’s had some very big wins this year, but this isn’t about who had the better year, it is about will win this match. Mr. Anderson is a scrappy wrestler who has experience wrestling in some brutal matches two that come to mind is a cage match against Kurt Angle and a Last Ride match with The Undertaker.... Mr. Anderson lost both matches. However, Bully Ray, though he has come on very strong this year, is not in the same league as Angle or Taker.

However a Falls Count Anywhere match is right in the wheelhouse of the ECW alumnus. What it comes down to is can Bully Ray impose his will with his size and strength advantage like he did against AJ Styles at Slammiversary IX? Or, will Mr. Anderson be able to use his cageyness and craftiness to pull out this victory. Mr. Anderson has no scruples with breaking rules, so expect him to be able to use his intelligence to out maneuver the bigger stronger Bully Ray.
Winner: Mr. Anderson

The Show Off
10-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Street Fight for Control of TNA
-Hulk Hogan v. Sting
Hulk Hogan has made a career of overcoming the odds and winning against the biggest, toughest, greatest wrestlers of all time. Make no mistake about it, Hulk Hogan’s career as a wrestler is over. He can no longer go in the ring and he is too battered from his historic career of battles. He walks stiff and he moves stiff. On the other hand you have Sting who was TNA Champion three months ago. Sting still moves incredibly well in the ring and still is able to compete with the best of them. He should have absolutely no problem dispatching of someone has broken down and old as Hulk Hogan.

I used the qualifier “should” because there has been way too many times that people have said that Hulkamania is over. You would have to be a moron to say something like Hulkamania is dead; it similar to saying Jason Voorhees is dead 30 minutes into a Friday the 13th movie. Hogan may be able to summon up his old magic to possibly dispatch of his rival this night. Hogan has many minions in Immortal that would be more than happy to do his bidding when he finds himself in trouble against Sting. Expect Immortal to make an impact (no pun intended) in this match and this could spell doom for The Icon.

I just don’t think it will be enough. Bound for Glory 2011 and the chance to wrest control of TNA from Hogan has been Sting’s goal for the past year and a half and I refuse to believe that Sting hasn’t come up with a contingency plan in the case of Immortal getting involved. Based on Sting’s obsession with getting rid of Hogan I truly believe that this, in Sting’s mind at least, is the biggest match of his career. Expect Sting to pull out all the stops.
Winner: Sting

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
-Kurt Angle (c) v. Bobby Roode
Bobby Roode has the opportunity Sunday night to go from a good wrestler to a great wrestler. He has been the wrestler to watch for many years from his days as the muscle of Team Canada all the way up to his tag team success with Beer Money, but let’s face facts, he is no Kurt Angle. Kurt Angle is one of the most successful wrestlers in the industry today and is certainly the most successful wrestler in TNA. Angle has wrestled and beaten people that Bobby Roode has never even fathomed of wrestling. Bobby Roode earned this title shot by winning the Bound for Glory Series but let’s face facts and that fact is the biggest names in that series were all greatly compromised.

RVD was screwed out of a spot in the final four by Jerry Lynn, Samoa Joe is a shell of his former self, AJ Styles was distracted by his deteriorating relationship with Christopher Daniels, Matt Morgan got injured and Crimson was injured in a vicious attack by Joe. Bobby Roode beat the likes of Gunner and Bully Ray to get his shot, both of those are fine wrestlers but they are not even in the same world as Kurt Angle. Bobby Roode has also beaten all members of his Fortune brethren in the month leading up to this clash which Kurt has been inactive.

This would be alarming for Kurt Angle if not for the fact that Kurt Angle has so many nagging injuries that he will actually benefit from all the down time. The only person in the last few months that Roode has wrestled that is even closely comparable to Angle is AJ Styles, and to his credit Roode beat him. Bobby Roode probably be a world champion one day, his skills and heart show as much, but on Sunday he’ll have to wrestle a perfect match, and even if he does that, he may still lose. Angle is just in another league at this time.
Winner: Kurt Angle

Mr. Nerfect
10-15-2011, 04:14 AM
Cool concept. I'll read it a bit later on, but I pretty much agree with most of the predictions. The one I disagree with is Anderson over Ray. The last time these guys met, Ray won. The dude's been on a roll and has a mental edge over Anderson. Ray's also got experience and possibly Gunner in his back pocket.

Gertner
10-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Lol who predicts TNA matches

#BROKEN Hasney
10-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Don't you just pick a number on the amount of roll-ups and/or run-ins for TNA predicitions? Usually with a BONUS of Ken Anderson turns or not.

Nicky Fives
10-15-2011, 12:43 PM
Sting beats Hogan in Worst Match Of The Year Candidate
Angle beats Roode
Daniels beats Styles via shenanigans to continue the feud
Anderson beats Ray
Mexican America beats Ink Inc.
Velvet wins the Knockouts Match (unfortunately)
RVD beats Lynn in Match Of The Night
Aries beats Kendrick to retain
Crimson wins the Triple Threat

DLVH84
10-15-2011, 04:15 PM
My picks to win are...

Mexican America
Velvet Sky
Crimson
Austin Aries
RVD
Christopher Daniels
Mr. Anderson
Sting
Bobby Roode

The Show Off
10-15-2011, 04:18 PM
My predictions in non-kayfabe would be different than my kayfabe predictions.

Kayfabe Predictions
Mexican America
Madison Rayne
Matt Morgan
Austin Aries
Rob Van Dam
Christopher Daniels
Mr. Anderson
Sting
Kurt Angle

Non-Kayfabe Predictions
Ink, Inc.
Velvet Sky
Crimson
Austin Aries
Rob Van Dam
AJ Styles
Bully Ray
Sting
Bobby Roode

The Show Off
10-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Perhaps I'll get a better reception on a thread like this for a WWE PPV.

Gertner
10-15-2011, 04:26 PM
lol you think?

The Show Off
10-15-2011, 04:33 PM
lol you think?

I was being sarcastic, but I know you'll be looking forward to when I do this for ROH Final Battle 2011.

Shisen Kopf
10-15-2011, 04:33 PM
I bet Jeff Jarett wins.

addy2hotty
10-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Perhaps I'll get a better reception on a thread like this for a WWE PPV.

I like this idea. Quite a refreshing change to the norm around this place.

Gertner
10-15-2011, 04:47 PM
I was being sarcastic, but I know you'll be looking forward to when I do this for ROH Final Battle 2011.

I'll bring my best material.

The Show Off
10-15-2011, 04:58 PM
I'll bring my best material.

I would actually be insulted if you brought anything less.