PDA

View Full Version : TNA Impact Spoilers from taping this week!!!!

itsmeJD
10-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Figured I'd start this thread for the TNA folk in here. While I've not watched the show in forever, I found this nugget of info on prowrestling.net. Discuss.

James Storm defeated Kurt Angle to win the TNA Title at the Impact Wrestling taping. Robert Roode, Kazarian, and A.J. Styles celebrated in the ring with Storm after the match. [Thanks to our TNA taping correspondent]

Source: Prowrestling.net

Also.....Gail Kim returned....

Xero
10-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Swerve.

Nicky Fives
10-18-2011, 09:22 PM
I thought Storm was going to win the Bound For Glory Series over Roode and take the belt in a swerve..... I was half right at least..... It'll cause a little rift between Beer Money, but they can stay together until one of them "gets jealous/ tired of carrying the other".....

VSG
10-18-2011, 09:29 PM
lol

SammyG
10-18-2011, 09:59 PM
lolTNA

Innovator
10-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Swerve.
swEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRve

KIRA
10-18-2011, 10:34 PM
When I read title change my mind also read Robert Roode.

Then I actually read it and said WHAT? aloud

Finally Gail Kim is back where she can do some damage

DLVH84
10-18-2011, 10:46 PM
James Storm deserved it. He's been with TNA since day one...from his brief tag team with Psicosis, to America's Most Wanted with Chris Harris, to Beer Money with Bobby Roode...Roode will get his reign soon.

Mr. JL
10-18-2011, 11:20 PM
The logical act would have been to give Bobby Roode a rematch, but I guess with new Authority Figure Sting being "The Insane Icon" it gives TNA even more leway to defy logic and sense.

Let the Insane Era begin!!!!!

A feud between James Storm and Bobby Roode could prove interesting, MAYBE... until the next swerve.

Vastardikai
10-18-2011, 11:29 PM
With the 4 month build-up going, why not just have Storm win the BFG series and then have him take the belt at the PPV?

Oh yeah, that actually makes sense, hence why they didn't do it.

KIRA
10-18-2011, 11:29 PM
James Storm deserved it. He's been with TNA since day one...from his brief tag team with Psicosis, to America's Most Wanted with Chris Harris, to Beer Money with Bobby Roode...Roode will get his reign soon.

Agreed I actually look foward to them feuding hoping Storm goes heel hes a great fit the kinda smack talking swagering country boy Jarret never was with Robert as a determined face.

but then it is being booked by TNA so it'll probably end up being Hogan or Gunner as champ

Mr. JL
10-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Agreed I actually look foward to them feuding

but then it is being booked by TNA

Exactly, this swerve is just in place to produce yet another swerve down the line with no end in sight.

TheChairman
10-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Is it not somebody new? You guys bitch about Cena's 11 title wins in a year (exaggerated but you get my point) but yet, you bitch at this. Fuck off.

Mr. JL
10-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Is it not somebody new? You guys bitch about Cena's 11 title wins in a year (exaggerated but you get my point) but yet, you bitch at this. Fuck off.

You Fuck Off.

TheChairman
10-19-2011, 12:23 AM
You Fuck Off.

Then start making sense. No wonder why the people in the business think of the IWC as a bunch of dumb asses. Get a clue

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-19-2011, 12:28 AM
BEER.........SANDBAGGED!

Emperor Smeat
10-19-2011, 12:52 AM
So I guess that means the Hogan report was true after all about him wanting to make BFG be about his match with Sting that had the post-match face turn and not feeling Rhodes was worthy but Storm was in his eyes.

A Roode vs Storm vs Angle triple threat would be a nice match to have later and then either split off into a Rhode vs Storm or Angle vs Storm feud.

Tazz Dan
10-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Elijah Nadir was at the Impact Wrestling Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida for the tapings for the episode of Impact that will air on Thursday October 20, 2011:

Impact started off with Sting coming to the ring. He talked about how he vowed to do two things when Hogan and Bischoff came into power in TNA 18 months ago. One was to put the company back in Dixie Carter’s hands. The second was to bring back the ‘real Hulk Hogan’. Sting talked about one defining moment at Bound for Glory on Sunday night. There was someone who decided to do the right thing and he wants that person to come to the ring.

Hulk Hogan comes to the ring and he gets a ‘Welcome Back’ chant. Hogan says that he has been in a bad place for the last year and Bischoff helped him through many things and Hogan followed what Bischoff did. Hogan says that Bischoff made some bad decisions and Hogan was a follower when he should have been a leader. Hogan says that he has one person to thank and that is Sting.

Hogan asks ‘What ya gonna do when Hulk Hogan and Sting come running after you?’

Dixie Carter comes out to the ring and Hogan leaves. Sting tells Dixie that this doesn’t erase what happened 18 months ago but Sting mentioned that Dixie gave him a home to come to and he loves TNA. He tells Dixie that now that she is back in charge, there is no room for error.

Dixie tells Sting that he was right all along and she apologizes to him and mentions that this will not happen again. Dixie tells Sting that she wants him to be responsible for all of the day to day decisions when it comes to Impact.

Kurt Angle interrupts things and he says that not only is there one superhero in the ring, there are two. He wonders if this was for him or Robert Roode. Angle says that he realizes that Dixie is in charge and Sting is running things from the Impact Zone, but Angle will be running things since he is the champion. Angle says that he made Roode look like a loser during their match on Sunday and he is the better man.

Bobby Roode comes to the ring. He calls Angle pathetic and mentions that Angle screwed him on Sunday night by holding the ropes to get the victory. Roode says that what happened at Bound for Glory was bulls***.

Sting says that he has an idea for tonight’s episode of Impact. Why not have a rematch with Bobby Roode facing Kurt Angle for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

Angle tells Sting that match cannot happen because the contract that him and Roode signed for Bound for Glory had a few provisions that Hogan and Bischoff suggested. Bobby Roode can only wrestle Kurt Angle once. Angle says that Roode is the real deal, but he has screwed Roode. He starts to mention Roode’s tag team partner’s catchphrase and we hear ‘Sorry ‘bout your damn luck’.

James Storm comes to the ring and he introduces himself to Kurt Angle. He says that the contract does not say that James Storm cannot wrestle Kurt Angle. Storm says that at Bound for Glory Kurt Angle screwed the fans, Impact Wrestling, and Bobby Roode. He says that the fans still want to see a title match even if they cannot see Roode versus Angle.

Sting makes an executive decision that Kurt Angle will face James Storm tonight for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

[This segment went for at least a half hour at the tapings].

Match Number One: TNA Knockout Tag Team Champions Brooke Tessmacher and Tara defeated Winter and Angelina Love to retain the TNA Knockout Tag Team Titles after Tessmacher hit a cross body off the top turnbuckles and pinned Winter.

Jeff and Karen Jarrett comes out to the ring and Jeff calls out Jeff Hardy to finish what was started on Sunday night at Bound for Glory. Hardy comes to the ring and Jarrett mentions that Victory Road was not the first time that Hardy screwed over the company and he reminds Jeff about the time that Jeff no showed a pay per view.

Jarrett gives Hardy two options. He can either drop the mic and walk away, never to be heard from again; or Hardy can face the founder.

Hardy says that the people want him and that Jarrett is the only one who is bitching. Hardy says that Jarrett cannot stand the way that the fans react to him.

Hardy and Jarrett brawl in the ring and security and officials come to the ring to try to separate them. They break free of security a few times and some of the agents come into the ring. While they try to get Jarrett out of the ring, Al Snow and D’Lo Brown argue and while this happens, Hardy sneaks over and attacks Jarrett. While the mayhem ensues, Jarrett kicks Hardy in the groin before leaving the ring.

After Jarrett leaves the ring, Hardy has enough strength to throw his shirt into the crowd, but the fan who caught it must not have been a Hardy fan and he threw the shirt back to Hardy in the ring.

Gunner came to the ring and he talked about what happened last week when Immortal took care of Abyss. Gunner calls out Abyss for their match.

Match Number Two: Abyss defeats Gunner by count out. Gunner spent most of the match trying to avoid Abyss and he eventually ran out of the building to get counted out.

The new TNA Knockouts Champion Velvet Sky came to the ring and she talked about what it meant for her to become the Knockouts Champion. She talked about being bullied as a kid. The crowd chants ‘You Deserve It’ during the segment.

Karen Jarrett comes to the ring with Traci Brooks and Karen berates Traci and then tells Velvet that she wanted to strip Velvet of the title last night but she decided to do something else. Karen continues to bully Velvet and then she brings out Madison Rayne. While Madison stands at ringside and Velvet focuses on Madison, someone comes through the crowd and it is the return of Gail Kim.

Gail attacks Velvet and Madison joins in. Karen, Madison, and Gail stand over Velvet.

They show footage from the end of the Hulk Hogan/Sting match from Bound for Glory and what happened with Eric Bischoff and Jackson James.

Eric Bischoff comes to the ring with Bully Ray, Gunner, and Scott Steiner. Bischoff talks about his ingrate of a son and that he will settle his issues with his son in private. Eric says that he is not done dealing with Garrett (Since the ‘illusion’ has been removed, he can go with the Bischoff name) Eric says that he expected that Hulk Hogan would come to the ring and explain what he did to his face. Hulk Hogan comes to the ring and he talks about how Garrett Bischoff did a brave thing on Sunday night.

The members of Immortal come into the ring and they surround Hogan. Before they can do anything to Hogan, Sting comes through the crowd with a few baseball bats. Sting gives Hogan a bat and Immortal leaves the ring.

As Immortal goes up the ramp, they do not realize that Garrett Bischoff has come out and he attacks his father.

They show a segment in the back with James Storm doubting whether he deserves the title shot. Roode gives Storm a pep talk and tells James that he has been working his whole career for this moment and to take advantage of what has been given him.

Match Number Three: James Storm defeats Kurt Angle to become the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion after a super kick. This was a very short match with Angle punching Storm for about forty-five seconds to a minute. The referee stopped Angle and then Angle and the referee had a brief argument. Angle went back to the corner but Storm hit Angle with the super kick and got the pinfall.

After the match, Bobby Roode came to the ring to celebrate with his tag team partner. Fellow Fortune members A.J. Styles and Frankie Kazarian came to the ring with beer to join in the celebration.

Storm got on the mic and he talked about how honored he was to win the title and he hands the belt to Bobby Roode. Roode tells Storm that he appreciates the gesture, but the fans are right that Storm deserves this title. The celebration continues with Storm going into the crowd to celebrate with the fans.

Lock Jaw
10-19-2011, 01:32 AM
Might turn in to see this. Used to be a big fan of James Storm.

..... Ok, I will probably not tune in.

St. Jimmy
10-19-2011, 01:48 AM
LMAO I love this fucking company.

St. Jimmy
10-19-2011, 01:48 AM
http://thehistoryofwwe.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Jim-Cornette.jpg

Lara Emily
10-19-2011, 02:25 AM
LOL sounds like a wreck of a show.

Droford
10-19-2011, 03:16 AM
only 3 matches

I hope that 30 minute segment isn't really 30 minutes.

Also, James Storm deserved the belt more than Roode and it was kind of dumb to put Roode in the BFG spot if they were gonna put the belt on Storm all along anyway instead.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-19-2011, 03:28 AM
Dunno why they didn't make Storm/Angle non-title and once Storm beat him, got a title shot at the next PPV.

Then Roode could have performed a RUN-IN and Storm could win via ROLL-UP in traditional TNA fashion.

Mr. Nerfect
10-19-2011, 03:59 AM

People aren't complaining about James Storm winning the TNA World Heavyweight Title. They are complaining because for months the story has been "Bobby Roode is ready to challenge Kurt Angle for the World Heavyweight Title," including winning a series also involving James Storm. It's called a bait-and-switch, and people hate it.

That being said -- I do think James Storm is a great and consistent performer. Way to fuck over people's emotional investment, though. This'll have to lead to a Storm vs. Roode feud. Beer vs. Money.

The MAC
10-19-2011, 05:34 AM
seriously..what the fuck..

Vastardikai
10-19-2011, 06:45 AM
People aren't complaining about James Storm winning the TNA World Heavyweight Title. They are complaining because for months the story has been "Bobby Roode is ready to challenge Kurt Angle for the World Heavyweight Title," including winning a series also involving James Storm. It's called a bait-and-switch, and people hate it.

That being said -- I do think James Storm is a great and consistent performer. Way to fuck over people's emotional investment, though. This'll have to lead to a Storm vs. Roode feud. Beer vs. Money.

I say this, and I say there's a couple other issues. Why have an Injured performer work more than he has to when the simpler way to work this was to have Storm win the series, and take the title at Bound for Glory, if he was meant to end up with it. And why have this title change happen on Free TV when people spent $40 hoping for a title change?

Mr. JL
10-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Then start making sense. No wonder why the people in the business think of the IWC as a bunch of dumb asses. Get a clue

Yes, because clearly what TNA is doing makes sense and I should agree. :roll:

erickman
10-19-2011, 08:48 AM

the good thing is roode got the public push, an storm got the belt so they both kind of won. i wish hogan would go back to wwe and be with his bud nash and hold people down there. hope storm holds the belt for awhile let him be a heel with his sorry about your damm luck.

Mr. Nerfect
10-19-2011, 08:56 AM
I say this, and I say there's a couple other issues. Why have an Injured performer work more than he has to when the simpler way to work this was to have Storm win the series, and take the title at Bound for Glory, if he was meant to end up with it. And why have this title change happen on Free TV when people spent $40 hoping for a title change?

TNA's PPV business has never really been that high on their business model as far as importance goes. I do think they are far more concerned about television ratings. That being said, people do feel cheated. Fuck, I haven't even followed TNA and I feel cheated.

Kurt Angle was injured, and for the sake of a man who has a lot of shit going on, I'd have taken the title off him ASAP. Roode was all-built up ready to take the title. If the goal was to have James Storm take the belt, then you could have easily done it on Impact between the two of them. Yeah, it wouldn't have been good, but it would essentially get them to the same place.

The future of TNA with James Storm as World Champion is kinda interesting, to be honest. Will he be the babyface champion that Robert Roode claimed he was going to be? Will this cause jealousy between the two? If Storm loses the belt, he could "snap" and be the one to turn heel. You could just have Beer Money trade the title back and forth as babyfaces. There are endless possibilities to make both guys stars -- I just have so little faith in the future of TNA, because they squander each and every opportunity. And it's nothing new. It goes back pre-Russo. Who's bright idea was it for Monty Brown to turn heel as he was being built as THE babyface of the entire company -- essentially accepting the role as hired bitch to Jeff Jarrett?

Blakeamus
10-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Congrats to Storm. BUT! He should of been the one that won the series to begin with. Silly TNA booking.

BizarroKing
10-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Angle is injured do you think that has anything to do with it?

Blakeamus
10-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah it does. Couldn't they just have him drop it at Bound for Glory?

Innovator
10-19-2011, 11:08 AM
Via "the Twitter"

Bischoff: "Having a blast watching Internet marks react. Candy from a baby!"

Hogan: "Goodmorning HULKAMANIACS,can't wait for all the Rood fans that turned to haters to see the big picture,thank God we still have real marks HH"

Blakeamus
10-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Looks like they are more concern about screwing around with IWC than doing things that makes more sense.

Xero
10-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah. I'll say that Storm is a fine champion, but the way they went about it, essentially nullifying the bfg series is just plain stupid. And yeah, they're just doing this to screw with the 10% who don't matter, normal fans who were emotionally invested in the BFG series be damned.

Mr. JL
10-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Via "the Twitter"

Hogan: "Goodmorning HULKAMANIACS,can't wait for all the Rood fans that turned to haters to see the big picture,thank God we still have real marks HH"

Big Picture = TNA Out of Business

Xero
10-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Bigger picture - "Yo, I don't like this Bobby Roode character because he's Canadian. He's not there yet. Let's change what we've been building to today on the spot. Then, just to fuck with the internet marks, let's put it on James Storm. They'll never see it coming!"

Lock Jaw
10-19-2011, 12:30 PM
I am the 10%.

CSL
10-19-2011, 01:03 PM
dunno, the plan probably still involves switching the belt to Roode only I guess they want to turn him first and this will be an interesting enough way to do that. But don't switch the belt on the very first show after the PPV though, at least leave it a week or two, play up Roode's disappointment and expectations after the chase and Angle's bragging, maybe even have AJ or Kazarian lose a title match to Angle quickly on this show, Storm challenges for the belt on the next, Angle laughingly accepts but "it's the last one, I'm done with all of you afterwards" kind of deal or something, Storm wins with the same kind of finish but after a "proper" match, first thing they do is cut to Roode's reaction who is mortified (planting a seed) but snaps out of it quick enough and build from there yadda yadda yadda. Just take a bit of time

Londoner
10-19-2011, 01:14 PM
dunno, the plan probably still involves switching the belt to Roode only I guess they want to turn him first and this will be an interesting enough way to do that. But don't switch the belt on the very first show after the PPV though, at least leave it a week or two, play up Roode's disappointment and expectations after the chase and Angle's bragging, maybe even have AJ or Kazarian lose a title match to Angle quickly on this show, Storm challenges for the belt on the next, Angle laughingly accepts but "it's the last one, I'm done with all of you afterwards" kind of deal or something, Storm wins with the same kind of finish but after a "proper" match, first thing they do is cut to Roode's reaction who is mortified (planting a seed) but snaps out of it quick enough and build from there yadda yadda yadda. Just take a bit of time

Yeah agreed, would've made a bit more sense but oh well, TNA love their swerves too much.

itsmeJD
10-19-2011, 02:38 PM
This IS TNA and Hulk Hogan we're talking about, right?

Storm wins belt, gets cocky, Roode reminds him of where he came from, Storm turns heel, beats Bobby Roode, only for the IMMORTAL HULK HOGAN to come storming out to save Roode from a post-match beatdown. Challenges Storm to a match on the spot, which Storm accepts, block-punch, block-punch, big boot, gingerly pin, 1-2-3, Hogan is your NNNNNEEEWWWW TNA Heavyweight Champion.

Don't overthink this....

Xero
10-19-2011, 03:02 PM
I see that Hulk Hogan has created heat with Robert Roode on Twitter via Internet Marks. Would you like to put Hulk Hogan in a feud with Robert Roode?

oYes.
oYes, but first put title on Robert Roode.
oNo.
oNo, put him in a feud with TNA Champion James Storm.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp8fb0JtGi1qzznfko2_250.jpg

Lock Jaw
10-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Put the Paper Clip in a feud with James Storm.

Volare
10-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Via "the Twitter"

Hey Bischoff, if you're reading our site, fuck off and go get mauled by a rhinoceros.

Volare
10-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Put the Paper Clip in a feud with James Storm.

The Paper Clip that held together the money of Beer Money? Also related to Bischoff?

Vastardikai
10-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Having a blast watching Internet marks react. Candy from a baby!

I even would try to pick a fight with the “Internet” right before PPVs and it worked for a while, until they realized I was doing it for heat and then I couldn’t get them worked up anymore. Working smart fans rarely works, and to me is not worth the trouble. They want to see good, hard work that makes sense. Working them is tough, but I tried and for a while it worked-but as with trying to work the insiders, it only works so long.

To me, working the “smart” fans is not important-they are a small percentage of the overall fan base, and all they really want is good work with good storylines. Working them makes one seem smart-but it doesn’t last long and can backfire just as easily.

And guess which one is the Wrestling God and which one played a hand in sinking 2 promotions and working on his third.

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-19-2011, 05:15 PM
TNA Youth Movement ----> 34 Year Old World Champion.

Mr. Nerfect
10-19-2011, 06:19 PM
I want JBL back on commentary. :(

Bischoff is a fucking idiot. He thinks he is making a stir, but his television ratings, his PPV buys and his merchandise won't go up. At all. The dude likes to define himself by being a guy actually in the shit that knows what he's doing -- do something productive, you fucking moron.

St. Jimmy
10-19-2011, 07:54 PM
http://superluchas.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/james-storm-nuevo-tna-world-heavyweight-champion-18-10-11-didi-francique.jpg

DLVH84
10-19-2011, 08:50 PM
I believe James Storm would turn heel and feud with Roode over the title. When they do, it'll be an awesome feud.

Nark Order
10-19-2011, 11:34 PM
lol. TNA has absolutely no clue what they're doing whatsoever. People don't want just new new new, they want fresh content THAT MAKES SENSE. What are they doing? Why should anybody care about this title change now that they've done nothing to promote it and have hyped Roode for months to no payoff?

Also, why do Bischoff and Hogan continually try to act like masterminds when they've done nothing but run the company into the ground for the past couple of years? They're starting to sound like Matt Hardy. Shouldn't you have some sort of ingenious reputation as a mastermind before you start acting like one??

Xero
10-19-2011, 11:51 PM
But Eric Bischoff created the nWo! That worked out! It almost killed the WWF! He's a mastermind!

SlickyTrickyDamon
10-19-2011, 11:57 PM
New Japan New Wrestling needs to create another innovative gimmick so Bischoff can steal it.

Mr. Nerfect
10-21-2011, 04:17 AM
lol. TNA has absolutely no clue what they're doing whatsoever. People don't want just new new new, they want fresh content THAT MAKES SENSE. What are they doing? Why should anybody care about this title change now that they've done nothing to promote it and have hyped Roode for months to no payoff?

Also, why do Bischoff and Hogan continually try to act like masterminds when they've done nothing but run the company into the ground for the past couple of years? They're starting to sound like Matt Hardy. Shouldn't you have some sort of ingenious reputation as a mastermind before you start acting like one??

Look, I can kind of see some sort of outline of a plan in here. James Storm beats Robert Roode at Turning Point, and Roode is all "What the fuck, mang?" Roode says it's water under the bridge, though. BUT THEN HE TURNS HEEL!!!! It's brilliant and no one will see it coming. Storm will be all sympathetic ("I miss my best friend"), and Roode will be all "You stole my spotlight!"

The whole thing could have been achieved with Storm as the antagonist, upset by his friend's hard work and success, whilst giving people the reward of having their emotional investment in Roode rewarded.

I also have this feeling in my gut that Storm and Roode won't even feud over the title. Roode will probably turn heel on Storm by costing him the title, and Storm just forgets he was ever World Champion and goes after Roode while whoever is champion (probably Kurt Angle again) goes on to feud with Jeff Hardy.

Innovator
10-21-2011, 09:43 AM

I'm trying to figure out in what other business you can insult your own customers.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-21-2011, 10:13 AM
Prank alarm clocks that call you fat manufacturer.

Rammsteinmad
10-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Without the makeup and with the shades, Sting kinda looks like James Hetfield.

Volare
10-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Look, I can kind of see some sort of outline of a plan in here. James Storm beats Robert Roode at Turning Point, and Roode is all "What the fuck, mang?" Roode says it's water under the bridge, though. BUT THEN HE TURNS HEEL!!!! It's brilliant and no one will see it coming. Storm will be all sympathetic ("I miss my best friend"), and Roode will be all "You stole my spotlight!"

The whole thing could have been achieved with Storm as the antagonist, upset by his friend's hard work and success, whilst giving people the reward of having their emotional investment in Roode rewarded.

I also have this feeling in my gut that Storm and Roode won't even feud over the title. Roode will probably turn heel on Storm by costing him the title, and Storm just forgets he was ever World Champion and goes after Roode while whoever is champion (probably Kurt Angle again) goes on to feud with Jeff Hardy.

So in shorter terms you want a Bret/Owen ending from WM10.

Swiss Ultimate
10-21-2011, 02:10 PM
After Jarrett leaves the ring, Hardy has enough strength to throw his shirt into the crowd, but the fan who caught it must not have been a Hardy fan and he threw the shirt back to Hardy in the ring.

St. Jimmy
10-21-2011, 02:27 PM
So in shorter terms you want a Bret/Owen ending from WM10.

Roode is totally gonna kick the leg out of Storm's leg.

taker707
10-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Dixie Carter President of TNA WrestlingTwo million viewers on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV - our most watched episode ever!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! From Dixie's facebook

Vastardikai
10-21-2011, 07:41 PM
That's the good news.

The bad news? People came to Impact hoping to watch wrestling, and only got 7 minutes of matches in a 2 hour program. I think the chattiest Raw of all time had more time dedicated to wrestling.

Nark Order
10-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Yeah. I thought that the "TRIPLE H IS FIRED AS GM" RAW was ridiculously chatty but that Impact episode was like "Oh yeah, we don't do wrestling anymore. BUT WRESTLING MATTERS."

Blakeamus
10-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Eric Bischoff tweeted the following about the iMPACT! rating:

Ever notice how the shows that the dirt sites put over get the lowest ratings and the ones they bury get the highest? hmmmm.

What a dipshit!

And fucking Ryan Clark with his statement that the ratings are especially good considering the show was up against the World Series Game 2 as well as the season finale of the Jersey Shore.

Seriously? Jersey f'n Shore?!? What an accomplishment TNA!

CSL
10-21-2011, 10:05 PM
well there is a reason Jersey Shore has been running for however many seasons

Skippord
10-21-2011, 10:09 PM
because people are idiots

Blakeamus
10-21-2011, 11:31 PM
^ pretty much Skippord...

Xero
10-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Dixie Carter President of TNA WrestlingTwo million viewers on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV - our most watched episode ever!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! From Dixie's facebook

Just looked it up. This week they hit a bit over 2 million. One of the Monday shows drew 2.2 million.

Unless she's counting only Thursday ratings or "IMPACT WRESTLING" ratings, that's wrong.

Blakeamus
10-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Of course they would be mentioning towards the Thursday ratings...apparently that moved to Monday night never happened.

XL
10-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Doesn't that go for Roode as well. Only he hasn't been a tag wrestler the entire time he was there. And he had momentum.

And it's nothing new. It goes back pre-Russo. Who's bright idea was it for Monty Brown to turn heel as he was being built as THE babyface of the entire company -- essentially accepting the role as hired bitch to Jeff Jarrett?
My guess would be the man named in the last 2 words of this quote.

What he says isn't all that incorrect, it's just very obvious. Bragging that you made someone puke by shoving dogshit in their mouth is pointless: it's a given. "We'll do this knowing we'll get a rise out of the IWC". "Haha. We got a rise out of The IWC!! Go us!!". :|