PDA

View Full Version : THE NAITCH wants your feedback on a few things

The Naitch
10-20-2011, 06:46 AM
Stopped watching for a while but I want your thoughts on a few things

1) Do you think the ball was dropped on Punk? He was on fire in the summer but it seemed to go back to the status quo once Kevin Nash got into the picture. Is this the general conscensus on these forums? And why did they stop all the momentum? Plus I noticed that Punk is a face now. Did you think they ruined what was once a great thinng that was the Summer of Punk? Why did they give us Punk vs. HHH so early? Weren't they supposed to save this for WrestleMania?

2) WWE RAW Supershow: is this just a temporary thing or is the roster officially unified again?

#BROKEN Hasney
10-20-2011, 06:48 AM
1) Nope, I'm enjoying what's happening on Raw currently so no balls are dropped. I'm glad we got Punk V HHH early and that he is involved in the hottest angle right now.

2) It's for the "forseeable future"

drave
10-20-2011, 06:54 AM
1) Punk is still over like crazy, but I do think some of the initial momentum has died off for sure. While I don't take anything away from Nash, he could be booked WAY better, Nash should stay OUT of in ring action I think, time for some new talent to step it up.

2) Last I heard, HHH made it the Supershow and said so long as he was COO that it would remain as such. With him no longer being COO, not really sure. They have a solid thing going, with the "supershow" and should keep it around. Even with Laurinitis as interim GM, it was still a supershow. Im guessing in the coming weeks it will quietly die and the graphic be removed, but personally I would like to see it stick around

Shisen Kopf
10-20-2011, 08:08 AM
1-I think they dropped the ball on Punk. What he was doing in the summer was great and now he's just a jobber to the stars. And nobody disagree with me because I'm right.

2-Raw supershow will last till the end of time. So thru 2012.

legendkillerRKO
10-20-2011, 09:43 AM
1-I think they dropped the ball on Punk. What he was doing in the summer was great and now he's just a jobber to the stars. And nobody disagree with me because I'm right.

2-Raw supershow will last till the end of time. So thru 2012.

I do not disagree. However my argument to this would be jobber to the stars and one of the top merch sellers in WWE is 10x better than being back in TNA or ROH

Rammsteinmad
10-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Raw Supershow is really just a selling thing. They could ditch the 'supershow' tag, and it'd still be Raw with Smackdown guys appearing on it.

OldSchoolFan
10-20-2011, 12:44 PM
1) Punk is still over like crazy, but I do think some of the initial momentum has died off for sure. While I don't take anything away from Nash, he could be booked WAY better, Nash should stay OUT of in ring action I think, time for some new talent to step it up.

2) Last I heard, HHH made it the Supershow and said so long as he was COO that it would remain as such. With him no longer being COO, not really sure. They have a solid thing going, with the "supershow" and should keep it around. Even with Laurinitis as interim GM, it was still a supershow. Im guessing in the coming weeks it will quietly die and the graphic be removed, but personally I would like to see it stick around

On number 2... I was under the impression he was still COO but just not running Raw anymore.

It kind of confuses me... because I could swear they are still referring to him as COO at times and Johny Ace is the "Interim Raw GM" not "Interim COO"

Rammsteinmad
10-20-2011, 01:04 PM
And why do they need an 'interim Raw GM' when they have a nice laptop sat by the announce table?

Rock Bottom
10-20-2011, 06:44 PM
They have fucked up big time with CM Punk so far. The typical argument against this position is usually, "CM Punk is in the main event." The problem lies with how big the explosion could have been, not his position on the card. They failed to fully capitalize on the momentum they had during the summer with him. He has climbed up the ladder though, and if he could make that much noise before, I'm sure he'll do it again.

As far as #2, it seems half way toward a unified roster, the PPV matches tend to remain within the same brands.

dingdongyo
10-20-2011, 10:04 PM
i'm kinda bored with punk, and will be unless they trick me into thinking his sass mouth is unscripted again.

i don't know what's going on with the supershow thing. i haven't watched smackdown in a kabillion years.

Aguakate
10-20-2011, 10:13 PM
1) I've been saying FOR MONTHS that WWE dropped the ball with Punk. Plain and simple.

2) I do believe the two rosters will remain together from now on. At the very least, we will see more Smackdown guys on RAW.

Juan
10-20-2011, 10:20 PM
So many wrong opinions

Aguakate
10-20-2011, 10:24 PM
So many wrong opinions

El tiempo me dara la razon!

;)

Lock Jaw
10-20-2011, 10:25 PM
1) WWE did not drop the ball with CM Punk. They did, however, only go for two points instead of three. The fact remains that he is one of the top names of the company now, and in a much more prominent position than ever.

2) Roster is still officially separate, but Smackdown stars get to be on RAW now. So basically Smackdown gets 1.5 shows. They figure it will encourage people to watch Smackdown more.

TheChairman
10-20-2011, 10:31 PM
1) It really is odd to me how a guy like Stone Cold Steve Austin, or The Rock can be as hot as they were for as long as they were, and a guy like Punk who gets hot for 6 months or so than becomes stale. Him tagging with HHH makes NO sense what so ever.

2) I wish they would end these supershows, less Orton on my TV, the better.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-21-2011, 12:30 AM
Outside of having every show in Chicago, I dunno how people expected them to maintain Punk's momentum after Money in the Bank. That was lightning in a bottle. It was the perfect moment. It's nearly impossible to sustain that level.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-21-2011, 12:31 AM
And yeah I know Austin, Rock, and Hogan were able to keep that momentum going for a long time, but they were obviously special. You don't just pluck that talent off the street.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-21-2011, 02:04 AM
And yeah I know Austin, Rock, and Hogan were able to keep that momentum going for a long time, but they were obviously special. You don't just pluck that talent off the street.

And they had decent antagonists to play off, even outside of their main feuds like Punk and Cena. It's is the entire point of elevating Miz and Truth to that next level with the currently angle.

Punk's been built, Miz and Truth need to come up to the same level and seem like an even bigger threat than they do now. Beating Punk/HHH would help, especially if HHH is the one pinned.

Lock Jaw
10-21-2011, 02:09 AM
Honestly, Miz still seems "lesser" now than he was around Mania time.

Juan
10-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Well he's not the WWE champion anymore

KIRA
10-21-2011, 03:52 AM
OK look you assholes who are complaining about CM Punk

my Mondays have as of late have been lacking in the Cena department and for that alone we should be praying to CM Punk.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-21-2011, 03:57 AM
Honestly, Miz still seems "lesser" now than he was around Mania time.

I always felt like he was lucky to be there, booking-wise. Now I feel like he would do whatever it takes to destroy someone.

Mr. Nerfect
10-21-2011, 04:00 AM
1) I'm fence-sitting on this one. I understand where both sides come from. Punk is no longer the "pipe-bomb" of the WWE. That being said, they are marketing him as such, and the WWE loves to condition their fanbase to like what they tell them to like. So, that being said -- Punk is in a fantastic position as far as his future with the company is concerned; but I feel that the company is not going the full stride they could with Punk. He just doesn't seem as sharp as he was in the Summer of Punk.

2) I personally don't like the RAW Supershow concept. I wish Laurinaitis would end the concept (kayfabe-wise, of course) by saying that RAW is the superior brand, and he wants them to establish their dominance over SmackDown!. You could do things like Ace releasing JR, and Teddy Long picking him up.

RKO'em
10-21-2011, 04:16 AM
:y:OK look you assholes who are complaining about CM Punk

my Mondays have as of late have been lacking in the Cena department and for that alone we should be praying to CM Punk.

Mr. Nerfect
10-21-2011, 04:19 AM
Not saying I like this idea, BUT: Say CM Punk turns on Triple H and reveals that this was all his masterplan to get Hunter out of a position of control -- would we be happy?

Destor
10-21-2011, 04:29 AM
They still have RAW?

Destor
10-21-2011, 04:29 AM
neat

Juan
10-21-2011, 02:45 PM
The Pro Wrestling Torch reports that CM Punk is in "top consideration" for the WWE Championship Match at WrestleMania XXVIII since company officials are leaning against the title being on the line in the match pitting John Cena against The Rock.

The heavily hyped bout is not expected to be for the title because WWE brass feel the finish would be too obvious since fans don't expect The Rock to leave WrestleMania as champion.

Cena will reportedly be removed from the title picture following Sunday's Vengeance pay-per-view, which would indicate that Alberto Del Rio will retain the title in their Last Standing Match. Cena will begin building towards his partnership with The Rock at Survivor Series while Del Rio is expected to enter a program with Punk.

Lock Jaw
10-21-2011, 03:11 PM
I feel like the only acceptable heel on RAW for Punk to face at Mania would be The Miz.

Emperor Smeat
10-21-2011, 05:03 PM
1) Yes and No. Yes in how his momentum has been diminished a bit since the MitB ppv and his change of character did hurt him a bit in terms of the storyline feud with Triple H. At the same time, the whole "Who Did It?" storyline still isn't finished so the WWE can easily have Punk regain his momentum once the situation involving Triple H and Laurinaitis clears up a bit more.

According to the news reports, Punk vs Nash was meant to last longer before it went to Triple H vs Punk but a combo of Nash's movie role commitment and his health issues forced the WWE to speed up the storyline.

2) Its a temporary thing but more towards how the RAW guest host thingy was meant only as a temporary idea but ended up lasting a bit over a year. The rosters are still separated but now feuds can bridge both shows instead of being stuck on just one.

Rock Bottom
10-21-2011, 05:46 PM
The heavily hyped bout is not expected to be for the title because WWE brass feel the finish would be too obvious since fans don't expect The Rock to leave WrestleMania as champion.

That's all but saying Cena is going over Rock at Wrestlemania. Do you know how many babies' lives are at stake with that tidbit? It's easy to think it's the mark in me, but I really can't see Cena beating him straight. There has to be something funny involved, or a heel turn or something. Otherwise it doesn't compute. That being said, I don't have to compute anything for what's going to happen to happen; but still, I can't see it. Cena would be damaged less by beating The Rock. He would be a serious heat magnet.

Destor
10-22-2011, 12:18 AM
why wouldn't cena go over?

XL
10-22-2011, 02:54 AM
Rock Bottom is kinda stupid, right?

XL
10-22-2011, 12:31 PM
1) I don't think they've "Dropped The Ball" on Punk as such, he is, after all, a certified Main Event player now. I do feel they've rushed a lot of stuff and it's effected the product and Punk accordingly.

Everything from Punk's worked shoot up to leaving at MitB was beautiful. The outcome? An increase of 20,000 buys from 2010 to 2011. Then they went straight into crowning a new champ. That same show Punk returned. Everything was rushed going into SummerSlam which no doubt played a part in a 49,000 decrease in buys for SS.

Did Punk's "shoots" and "inside talk" turn viewers off? I don't know but for me personally I did grow a little tired of it. Add Nash into the equation and my interest is dwindling. Nash gets the best of Punk for a few weeks and there's no pay-off. Insert HHH into the mix as COO, tension with Punk. 2 months later, remove HHH from power and the 2 are teaming up. Punk's motives have become cloudy. From "holding the WWE Title to ransom" to a return one week later. From "not stopping til HHH is ousted" to teaming with him.

Worse thing for me is that the focus of the story went from Punk to HHH.

With Punk set to fued with ADR over the title he still seems to be playing second fiddle to the bigger story - the one he kicked off.

2) Mixed feelings on this. I like the brand split set rigidly but they weren't keeping to it and nobody is watching SmackDown, so...

Rock Bottom
10-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Cena going over would get him even more heat than he has now. If there are plans to keep him as a face, Cena winning at Mania would not work to their advantage.

XL, you're quick to call me stupid, but your weak argument about CM Punk being in the main event being predicted in this thread already doesn't stop you from just tossing it out there anyway.

That's pretty lazy.

Rock Bottom
10-23-2011, 12:17 AM
You also say you don't think they dropped the ball, but then you go on to explain how they did. You should really reconsider throwing words like "stupid" around.

XL
10-23-2011, 03:34 AM
They've "fumbled the ball" with the storylines off the back of The Summer of Punk. That's pretty much what I said.

Rock Bottom
10-23-2011, 12:35 PM
o ok

Taker it Easy
10-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Ball dropped on Punk big time. The issue is, how can he follow up the amazing momentum of his pre leaving promo?

He cant. All of the steam for this angle relied upon his leaving WWE. Once he came back he had no more gas, no more legitimacy. Now he is a Cena face.

The Naitch
10-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Too bad, in the summer, I had that old feeling where "I HAD to be home to watch RAW"

Now, it's back to the old status quo

Mr. Nerfect
10-26-2011, 06:14 PM
It seems like we're heading towards Alberto Del Rio vs. CM Punk at Survivor Series. Personally, I think this could be the start of a tremendous rivalry. It's time to start thinking about WrestleMania, and it's really quite strategic that Survivor Series is in the same town that will be hosting Mania next year.

At SS, they could very easily do something like Del Rio locking in the Cross Armbreaker and refusing to break it on the five, causing the DQ. Del Rio is all "I'm gonna put you on the shelf," and Punk is all "Ah, fuck! My arm!" Punk takes a few weeks off television, as Del Rio builds towards a different challenger for TLC. Even though he's "in the doghouse," a Ladder Match of some sorts between Del Rio and Morrison would be more than glorious enough for PPV.

Anyway, when it's time for Punk to return, he goes straight after Del Rio. Punk cuts the usual awesome promo selling the significance and psychology behind Del Rio trying to put Punk on the shelf; and Punk says that he's worked out he can't count on anyone but himself (to give him a bit of a lone wolf edge back). Punk goes on to win the 2012 Royal Rumble in impressive fashion, and locks himself in for a WWE Title match against Del Rio at WrestleMania.

Heading into Mania, Punk could cause some stir by taking aim at Cena/The Rock, and talking about how a match between two guys who can't beat him are going to close the show over his big WWE Title win. Basically, "Pipe-Bomb" Punk can make his return to build some steam heading into WrestleMania, and you could close Mania with a show-down between CM Punk and perhaps The Rock.

Lock Jaw
10-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Really do not want Del Rio as champ at Mania.

MoFo
10-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Not so much dropping the ball, moreso Punk being generally lame.

Like ABT said, Russo did the same shit better a decade ago.