PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Michaels is better than Bret Hart (Smackdown Spoilers Inside)

St. Jimmy
10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
On Tuesday night, the WWE taped an episode of SmackDown live from Houston, Texas. This episode will air on Friday, October 28th at 8pm EST on the SyFy channel. According to a Wednesday OCtober 26th report by WrestleZone.com, SmackDown opened with the General Manager Teddy Long coming out to do a promo. He was interrupted by Christian who went on a rant. Then CM Punk came out a few minutes later to the surprise of everyone and interrupted them both. Teddy Long makes a match between Christian and CM Punk for later in the show.

In the opening match of the night, The Miz and R-Truth (Awesome Truth) defeated the current tag-team champions Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston (Air Boom). Miz and Truth nailed their double team finisher for the pinfall victory.

After the match, we go backstage to a segment between Tyson Kidd and Daniel Bryan who are arguing over which wrestler was better Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels. Obviously Kidd was saying Bret was better. This sets up a match for later in the show.

Quick match results:

· Wade Barrett defeated Trent Barreta in a quick match

· Randy Orton defeated Dolph Ziggler. Cody Rhodes was doing commentary during the match.

· Daniel Bryan defeated Tyson Kidd via submission with the LeBell lock.

· CM Punk pinned Christian with the GTS.

Quick Promos:

· Hunico, who no longer wears the mask as the Black Sin Cara, ranted about Sin Cara disrespecting him.

· Michael Cole makes fun of Jim Ross and then states that Ross accepted his challenge for next week's RAW

· The Big Show challenges Mark Henry who declines.

Dark Match Results:

After SmackDown finished taping the WWE had a 41 man Battle Royal between RAW and SmackDown stars. Sheamus won the battle royal

John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio was changed to a tag-team match with Big Show joining Cena and Mark Henry joining Del Rio. Cena hit the AA on Del Rio and Sho chokeslammed Henry and they both pinned their rivals.

This show sounds even more boring than Raw, somehow.

St. Jimmy
10-26-2011, 03:08 PM
You book Miz/Truth against Rock/Cena and you still have to have them beat the Tag Champs because they don't look legit enough? C'mon.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Barrett (good worker) v. Baretta (good worker)
Orton (good worker) v. Ziggler (great worker)
Bryan (great worker) v. Kidd (good worker)
CM Punk (great worker) v. Christian (great worker)

YEAH SOUNDS LIKE A SHITTY SHOW

Damian Rey
10-26-2011, 03:14 PM
After the match, we go backstage to a segment between Tyson Kidd and Daniel Bryan who are arguing over which wrestler was better Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels. Obviously Kidd was saying Bret was better. This sets up a match for later in the show.

Daniel Bryan defeated Tyson Kidd via submission with the LeBell lock.

Noid kinda called this, but had a pipe dream about it happening at Survivor Series.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Jimmy you must be one pessimistic cunt to think this show sounds boring.

St. Jimmy
10-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Jimmy you must be one pessimistic cunt to think this show sounds boring.

Nothing happened. A bunch of people, who aren't in programs with each other had some pretty mediocre matches. Guarantee you Barrett/Beretta smells, and Punk/Christian isn't going to be either of their best works. This show lacks content.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-26-2011, 03:21 PM
How the fuck do you know how good the matches are when you haven't seen them, you fucking imbecile?

Ermaximus
10-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Welcome everyone to Whine Wednesday!

St. Jimmy
10-26-2011, 03:25 PM
How the fuck do you know how good the matches are when you haven't seen them, you fucking imbecile?

Because it's WWE, you clod. People get 5-8 minutes on a B-Show to put together a match, and they're NEVER that good. Punk, on a show where he has nothing to do on, facing Christian, who has no program or reason to be facing Punk, is bad because IT MAKES NO SENSE.

The show looks thrown together on paper, and from just looking at that you can tell that the matches won't be that good.

You've seen enough of the product to know that by now, Supreme. Quit trolling.

Juan
10-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Flawless logic, I gotta say.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-26-2011, 03:28 PM
jesus christ

St. Jimmy
10-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Flawless logic, I gotta say.

After you burn yourself on the stove, do you keep putting your hand over the flame?

CSL
10-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Quit trolling.

good one

Supreme Olajuwon
10-26-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't watch this shit, but I do read all about it and post about it all the time. Because this is the internet and THAT'S HOW I ROLL.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-26-2011, 03:31 PM
can't believe they'd just have a match between two guys not in a feud. that's amazing

they have never done that ever

and they'd never do that shit in ROH

Razzamajazz
10-26-2011, 03:35 PM
dat workrate

St. Jimmy
10-26-2011, 03:36 PM
can't believe they'd just have a match between two guys not in a feud. that's amazing

they have never done that ever

and they'd never do that shit in ROH

ROH does not book like WWE.

This show was not booked, this show was THROWN TOGETHER.

None of the promos built anything towards a PPV, the 2nd to top Face wasn't even on the fucking show (Sheamus) and the only storyline promo on the show was Mark Henry saying NO to the Big Show for a match?

I don't need to watch a show to know it's going to be bad after I've read the results. Had RAW been taped this week, I wouldn't be watching it either.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Oh gee, well if you can get all that from reading 30 lines of text then I don't even know why we have television.

Wake Up Call
10-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Both the title of this thread, and the contents in it, are bullshit!

I have always found Smackdown to have more wrestling content than storyline content. Is there anything wrong with that? No, but if that is something you are not into, It's quite easy to find something else to do on a friday night.

Barrett v. Baretta
Orton v. Ziggler
Bryan v. Kidd
CM Punk v. Christian

Besides the first match, only because I don't think I've seen Baretta before, the others look outstanding as it pertains to wrestling matches only.

Saying all that, Bret Hart is better than Shawn Michaels. Well up to the point where Goldberg kicked him in the head, but before that, Bret = Awesome.

Juan
10-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Saying all that, Bret Hart is better than Shawn Michaels. Well up to the point where Goldberg kicked him in the head, but before that, Bret = Awesome.

Please don't feed the trolls

#BROKEN Hasney
10-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Kidd is a good worker? He's totally the guy that I want to watch every Wi toe Smackdown.

Against Daniel Bryan has made me drool after their last SD match. I've not even looked at the rest of the spoilers bar the start about CM Punk and Christian (holy shit). This has the potential to be an awesome Smackdown.

#BROKEN Hasney
10-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Reading the rest, only issue I have is Wade's match is only "quick". It builds him as a character, but I do love to see him go.

Blakeamus
10-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Some people are just ridiculous. :roll:

St. Jimmy
10-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Kidd is a good worker? He's totally the guy that I want to watch every Wi toe Smackdown.

Against Daniel Bryan has made me drool after their last SD match. I've not even looked at the rest of the spoilers bar the start about CM Punk and Christian (holy shit). This has the potential to be an awesome Smackdown.

Too bad Michael Cole is going to talk about how fucking boring they are.

Supreme Olajuwon
10-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Well then thank god you won't be watching!

Innovator
10-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Every show will look boring without the details

Mr. Nerfect
10-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Sounds like a great show this week. A change from recent ones, to say the least. Orton vs. Ziggler has got me excited, as does Punk vs. Christian. Now, not to get anyone down or anything, but reportedly Bryan vs. Kidd went less than three minutes. Maybe it's the start of something with more substance, though.

Also, I am really looking forward to seeing Hunico on SmackDown!. I've actually enjoyed the way he carries himself in promos and such, so far. This adjustment could actually be an amazing thing for him.

Testicle
10-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Meh, it looks like a pretty typical SD!

Mr. Nerfect
10-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Featuring Trent Barreta!

Testicle
10-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Ok, slightly above average.

Lol, jobbing to Barrett in 17 seconds = featuring.

Mr. Nerfect
10-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Apparently the match between Barrett and Barreta went about two and a half minutes. Also, while obviously being used to put Barrett over strongly and decisively, Barreta reportedly got quite a bit of offence in until the finish.

Testicle
10-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Pssh, you and your facts.

TazFTW86
10-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Have t agree with Supreme on this one...and btw im just throwing it out there, out of my 2 fav wrestlers, Bret is the best!

Rock Bottom
10-26-2011, 09:36 PM
bret is better than sean michaels u cant even decide who is better when u have 2 OTHER DUDES wrestling for it besides hmmmmm in the iron man match it was 60 minutes draw and then forced bret to compete again they dont do this in boxing plus at survivor series obviously everyone cheated for bret to lose.

Rammsteinmad
10-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Sounds like a really good show. And am I seeing this right? No Divas match?

This show just got better.

Lara Emily
10-27-2011, 02:48 AM
Actually sounds like a damn good show. I'll probably download it.

Sixx
10-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Yeah, shit show.

Thanks, Supreme, didn't even need to read the results.

bigslimjj
10-27-2011, 06:13 PM
HBK IS BETTER,and my fave of all time. But i just watched their greatest rivalries dvd and they're both a couple premadonna whining divas.Shawn- "I wanted Brets respect." Bret- "I wanted Shawns respect." Gimme a break for god sake.

The MAC
10-28-2011, 06:41 AM
Shawn was way more needy in that, you could see it the whole time. Bret hart is shawn Michaels' hero!

DaVe
10-28-2011, 08:08 AM
Punk was massively over tonight.

Kane Knight
10-28-2011, 08:38 AM
This show is gonna suck!

DON'T BE TROLLIN'

Swiss Ultimate
10-28-2011, 12:21 PM
ROH does not book like WWE.

This show was not booked, this show was THROWN TOGETHER.

None of the promos built anything towards a PPV, the 2nd to top Face wasn't even on the fucking show (Sheamus) and the only storyline promo on the show was Mark Henry saying NO to the Big Show for a match?

I don't need to watch a show to know it's going to be bad after I've read the results. Had RAW been taped this week, I wouldn't be watching it either.

XL
10-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Gotta love Jimmy in this thread.

For a guy that has a hardon for ROH - a company that prides itself on having "the best wrestlers" having "great matches" - to hate on the potential of Punk vs Christian, Kidd vs Bryan and Orton vs Ziggler is just awesome.

But we see what's happening here. Gertner is the resident ROH Troll, Jimmy trolls SmackDown, think I might troll Raw from now on.

Taker it Easy
10-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Gotta love Jimmy in this thread.

For a guy that has a hardon for ROH - a company that prides itself on having "the best wrestlers" having "great matches" - to hate on the potential of Punk vs Christian, Kidd vs Bryan and Orton vs Ziggler is just awesome.

But we see what's happening here. Gertner is the resident ROH Troll, Jimmy trolls SmackDown, think I might troll Raw from now on.

... and TNA itself trolls the wrestling world.

Kane Knight
10-29-2011, 11:01 AM
... and TNA itself trolls the wrestling world.

Is it still trolling if it's completely unintentional?

ace3025
10-29-2011, 11:24 AM
The show was pretty good. Punks promo was fun, ziggler v orton was good, punk v Christian was good. The only moment I felt that pointless was big show and Henry

Droford
10-29-2011, 01:13 PM
the only match I didnt like was Barrett/Baretta. If they want to try and put Wade over, they need to do it vs better competition, not some guy that hasn't been on SD in forever.

XL
10-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Yet a lot of people feel WWE needs to employ "enhancement talent"/squash matches, which for all intents and purposes, Baretta is.

Having said that, does it look better for Barrett to beat a guy with a little name value, who gets some offense in or to beat a no-name jobber in a squash?

Droford
10-29-2011, 02:45 PM
squashes are for people who have just come in

Anybody Thrilla
10-29-2011, 02:59 PM
That Bryan/Kidd match was awesome for being about ten seconds long.

Also, Sheamus totally was on the show for whoever said he wasn't.

Anybody Thrilla
10-29-2011, 02:59 PM
In summation, FUCK SPOILERS.

St. Jimmy
10-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Watched this in the WSR Justin.tv channel, and we must've watched a different show because this was fuck terrible. Also Cole AGAIN shitting on Bryan. Fuck SmackDown.

Anybody Thrilla
10-29-2011, 03:17 PM
All he really said was that Bryan was a nerd, which was only brought on by Booker T talking about Tim Tebow for no reason at all. Hilarious.

Rammsteinmad
10-29-2011, 06:40 PM
It wasn't as great as the spoilers made it seem, but I'll be fair, this was Smackdown, not a PPV, and of course there are strict time limits to meet, promos and comercials to get through... all in all for a Smackdown it was great though. This could have easily been a PPV card though.

Triple Naitch
10-29-2011, 08:24 PM
I love when Booker talks about Tim Tebow. Makes me laugh every time.

Cole is supposed to be hating on Bryan. He's a heel announcer. Would you rather him talk about how great Bryan is? No, that wouldn't make any sense.

Poit
10-29-2011, 08:34 PM
the 2nd to top Face wasn't even on the fucking show (Sheamus)

Yes he was.

Mr. Nerfect
10-29-2011, 09:41 PM
I love when Booker talks about Tim Tebow. Makes me laugh every time.

Cole is supposed to be hating on Bryan. He's a heel announcer. Would you rather him talk about how great Bryan is? No, that wouldn't make any sense.

This. A guy instantly gets more over as a face if they are opposed against Michael Cole. That being said -- I wish Bryan was given more of a chance to shut Cole up.

Anybody Thrilla
10-30-2011, 03:01 AM
I really loved where it seemed the Bryan/Cole rivalry was going on NXT. Sucks that they abandoned ship there (sort of), but I think that was all because of the formation of the Nexus.

MIZantine Empire
10-30-2011, 03:36 AM
i love when the cameras showed the chick who had a sign that said "do me randy" lol...

Xero
10-30-2011, 10:46 AM
This was the best SmackDown! in at least a month for me. Aside from the Cole shit, I enjoyed every segment and every match was relatively entertaining at the least. Can't say that about RAW pretty much ever.

XCaliber
10-30-2011, 06:41 PM
It's funny that Bret's student has more charisma than one of Michaels just sayin.

Vastardikai
10-30-2011, 06:50 PM
It's funny that Bret's student has more charisma than one of Michaels just sayin.

That's not fair to compare Tyson Kidd to Lance Cade...

:shifty:

Anybody Thrilla
10-31-2011, 03:28 AM
Yeah, at least compare Kidd to Garrison Cade.