PDA

View Full Version : Barry Windham Hospitalized

Chuck Jones
10-27-2011, 12:06 AM
According to Meltzer:

Barry Windham, one of pro wrestling's biggest stars of the 80s, was hospitalized with what most sources believe to have been a heart attack.

Rumors circulated last night that Windham, 50, had suffered a stroke, and today that he had suffered a heart attack, but family members have told people within wrestling he is currently hospitalized with what is believed to have been a heart attack.

Windham was generally considered one of the five best in-ring performers in the United States for much of the mid-to-late 80s, including some of the best matches of that decade against Ric Flair. He was tremendously agile for a 6-6 wrestler who ranged from 230 to probably 260 pounds during his peak years, and was a natural worker, in the sense he was very good while still a teenager. Knee injuries plagued him later in his career.

:(

Always liked Barry. hope he pulls through

Rammsteinmad
10-27-2011, 12:55 AM
Read that first sentence and thought it was a DLVH/Seth post.

Seth82
10-27-2011, 12:58 AM
you probably only remember him as a west texas redneck Ramm

get well Barry

one of the very best in the business.

Anybody Thrilla
10-27-2011, 02:18 AM
Let's not forget about The Stalker.

Anybody Thrilla
10-27-2011, 02:18 AM
Or the New Blackjacks.

RiX1024
10-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Hope he's alright, brysia wella.

Shisen Kopf
10-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Not Scott Hall again. That booze hound rules. He's fucking eternal! Oh yeah too bad about Windham. I always kinda sorta thought he was slightly decent. Pull thru homey, don't die.

Rollermacka
10-27-2011, 10:09 AM
you probably only remember him as a west texas redneck Ramm

get well Barry

one of the very best in the business.

I only knew about him when I was younger from the Rednecks, but he had a full career before that. I guess his major moment would be the 1991 Great American Bash when the whole Flair Incident happend and he was chosen to replace him as Luger's opponent for the World Title. Hope he gets better

DLVH84
10-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Get well soon, Barry.

Seth82
10-27-2011, 11:59 AM
I only knew about him when I was younger from the Rednecks, but he had a full career before that. I guess his major moment would be the 1991 Great American Bash when the whole Flair Incident happend and he was chosen to replace him as Luger's opponent for the World Title. Hope he gets better

yeah his matches with Flair were fucking awesome.

and of course his run with the 4 Horsemen.

some say the Flair, Windham, Tully and Arn version was the best version of the 4 Horsemen.

Barry had a fantastic career in the NWA

perhaps one of my favorite vignettes that includes Barry Windham
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p8Vg5NL_eoQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p8Vg5NL_eoQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Gertner
10-27-2011, 12:46 PM
Should be in the HOF.

DLVH84
10-27-2011, 02:24 PM
As a face and as a heel, Barry was amazing as both.