PDA

View Full Version : Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match confirmed

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2011, 05:49 PM
http://www.wwe.com/f/match/image/2011/09/20111107_sseries_teamorton_teambarrett.jpg

Billed as "Team Orton vs. Team Barrett" (Lara Emily will be happy), two teams of five will clash in an Elimination-style tag team match. The official Survivor Series website calls back to the WWE Championship match between Orton and Barrett at the 2010 Survivor Series. Orton leads powerhouse Mason Ryan; the high-flying sensation, Sin Cara; current WWE Tag Team Champion, the unorthodox Kofi Kingston; and fellow top-tier SmackDown! Superstar and former two-time WWE Champion, Sheamus against Barrett's team consisting of the cagey veteran, Christian; the reigning Intercontinental Champion, Cody Rhodes; the focused and driven Hunico; and former World Heavyweight Champion, Jack Swagger.

Sounds like an exciting match to me. What's also telling about it, is that Dolph Ziggler and Zack Ryder aren't involved. This could suggest that a United States Championship match between the two is in the works (which would make sense given Ryder's continued non-title success against Ziggler). At house shows over Europe, John Morrison has been working in Triple Threat Matches against Ziggler and Ryder; so it's possible that we could see that match at Survivor Series, too.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-07-2011, 05:53 PM
That small pic made me think Hunico was Chavo for a second there. :(

Rock Bottom
11-07-2011, 05:55 PM
This has a lot of potential.

GD
11-07-2011, 05:56 PM
We were discussing about the match in the "100,001" Replies thread. I am unhappy with the selection of the team captains.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-07-2011, 05:59 PM
We were discussing about the match in the "100,001" Replies thread. I am unhappy with the selection of the team captains.

Team Barrett > Team Orton > Guru Dave

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2011, 06:02 PM
It seems like we can now almost confirm the entire Survivor Series card:

Tag Team Main Event
John Cena & The Rock vs. The Miz & R-Truth

WWE Championship
Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. CM Punk

World Heavyweight Championship
Mark Henry (c) vs. Big Show

Unsanctioned Street Fight
Kevin Nash vs. Triple H

Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match
Randy Orton, Sheamus, Sin Cara, Kofi Kingston & Mason Ryan vs. Wade Barrett, Christian, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger & Hunico

Triple Threat Match for the WWE United States Championship
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Zack Ryder vs. John Morrison

WWE Divas Championship
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Eve Torres

If you ask me, that's essentially five main events. Survivor Series could actually be a tremendous PPV to order.

Nicky Fives
11-07-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't think HHH & Nash will be at Survivor Series, but at TLC in December....

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2011, 06:08 PM
That's a strong possibility, too. It's unlike the WWE to build up something so long, though. I guess they will give credibility to a storyline involving Nash and Triple H over anything else, though.

I could see Triple H coming back "too early" to want a piece of Nash in the remodelled Madison Square Garden, though. Just to add to the "drama" of the bout.

GD
11-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Team Barrett > Team Orton > Guru Dave > Hasney's cheap shots

Fixed.

#BROKEN Hasney
11-07-2011, 06:28 PM
They're not cheap, I have a crack team of Jewish writers that I hired.

GD
11-07-2011, 06:32 PM
The reason why I am unhappy with the selection of the team captains is because Orton and Barrett are not feuding. As a matter of fact, Barrett has not had a steady feud since his feud with Daniel Bryan.

On the other hand, Randy Orton has had an amazing feud with Cody Rhodes. Instead of naming random captains, it would have been better if they would gone with Orton and Cody or even Sheamus and Christian.

DAMN iNATOR
11-07-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't think HHH & Nash will be at Survivor Series, but at TLC in December....

Yeah, because they're playing up the whole angle of him being out, which should run another 3 weeks.

DLVH84
11-07-2011, 06:38 PM
We need more elimination matches.

Corporate CockSnogger
11-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Barrett is much more of a leader though. I can completely see why they went with him.

GD
11-07-2011, 06:44 PM
I know. I adore Wade Barrett. He has definitely been on a role as of late but aren't traditional Survivor Series team captains suppose to be feuding with each other? Isn't that how it has been for a while?

Corporate CockSnogger
11-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Meh, splitting hairs. All I know is I reeeeally want to see Swagger give Sin Cara a gutwrench powerbomb.

Xero
11-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Meh, splitting hairs. All I know is I reeeeally want to see Swagger give Sin Cara a gutwrench powerbomb.

On the upswing, Cara flips up and hits a swinging DDT.

GD
11-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Sin Cara lays down for no one.

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2011, 06:53 PM
I don't really see a problem with Barrett leading. As the Survivor Series site points out, he's got a history leading the Nexus, The Corre and was the chosen spokesperson for SmackDown! talent when Triple H's capabilities running RAW were called into question. Plus, it's obvious the WWE wants to push the guy again.

Xero
11-07-2011, 06:56 PM
He's definitely been pushed on SmackDown! and RAW the past few weeks and it sort of makes sense that he gets the lead. But it's just a bit silly that a few weeks ago he was talking somewhat about not having a team of guys hold him back and now he's content with teaming up with people again.

I could be remembering that entirely wrong, but I'm pretty sure he did it in one of the pretapes before a match a few weeks ago on SmackDown!.

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2011, 07:00 PM
I wonder who will survive? Randy Orton will be winning this match, I feel, but I'm just wondering who will make it to the end. I think he might survive with either Sin Cara or Mason Ryan. The WWE clearly has a hard-on for both. They also love themselves some Sheamus at the moment, but I think he gets eliminated in a heelish manner, perhaps to set up a new feud with Cody Rhodes or Wade Barrett, or something.

I think either Sin Cara or Mason Ryan will get eliminated, but for some reason I can see one standing beside Orton when the match is won. Ryan probably "needs" it more, but I think Sin Cara is definitely more ready.

Although, Orton standing alone would make a great case for him being the #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship -- which I think has to happen sooner than later.

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2011, 07:01 PM
He's definitely been pushed on SmackDown! and RAW the past few weeks and it sort of makes sense that he gets the lead. But it's just a bit silly that a few weeks ago he was talking somewhat about not having a team of guys hold him back and now he's content with teaming up with people again.

I could be remembering that entirely wrong, but I'm pretty sure he did it in one of the pretapes before a match a few weeks ago on SmackDown!.

No, you are absolutely right. At the same time, this is sort of a "means to an end" type of match. Not that Barrett ever said that was okay, but I don't think this unit is going to stay together past one night of Barrett asserting himself as a World Title challenger.

And besides, Barrett is a heel -- if he lies it makes him more dislikeable. The man is brilliant on the stick, and he seems pretty in-touch with his character. I think a promo spot on SmackDown! will nicely explain why Barrett is content to lead.

tjmidnight420
11-07-2011, 07:26 PM
That small pic made me think Hunico was Chavo for a second there. :(

Emperor Smeat
11-07-2011, 07:40 PM
:wtf: why is Mason Ryan in the match?

If they wanted a counter part for Barrett, wouldn't Daniel Bryan have been a better choice since those two have feuded for a bit.

Xero
11-07-2011, 07:53 PM
Because Mason Ryan is the Roidmonkey of the Month.

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Daniel Bryan will be cashing in at Madison Square Garden. Then CM Punk and he will be respective World Champions. Mark my words.

:shifty:

Skippord
11-07-2011, 08:28 PM
They're not cheap, I have a crack team of Jewish writers that I hired.
one fourth of me writes zingers for Hasney

BizarroKing
11-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Ryder v Ziggler confirmed now as well.

Mr. Nerfect
11-07-2011, 09:14 PM
How I would book the Survivor Series Elimination Match:

* The WWE has hard-on for Mason Ryan, but I don't think he's ready for a monster push. He should look like a monster, don't get me wrong -- but I think he'd be a good first man eliminated due to heel shenanigans. Ryan cleans house on the heels early on, but then a member of Team Barrett (I think Christian would be perfect for this), grabs Cody's Intercontinental Title and tosses it to Ryan, before doing an Eddie Guerrero and acting like he got hit with the belt. Mason Ryan is DQ'd (hopefully to a chorus of boos, although I expect this will get some cheers), and Ryan goes ape-shit and Spears the fuck out of Christian and also takes out some other heels to look like the beast the WWE obviously wants him to before he storms to the back.

* I believe Survivor Series Elimination Matches work best when there is the drama of a heel advantage, and that is why I think it should be another member of Team Orton who goes second. While Kofi Kingston might seem like the next lowest on the totem pole, I think he has a lot to offer the middle of the match, taking beat-downs and such. Therefore, my second pick to go is Sin Cara, who hits a big move on his rival in the bout, Hunico, and has the pin, but a heel has blind-tagged in (let's go with Jack Swagger, since he's a former World Heavyweight Champion not doing much at the moment) and capitalises for the rare pin on Sin Cara. And everybody wants to see Sin Cara take the Gutwrench Powerbomb.

* Kofi Kingston now takes the heat of the heels, as commentary worries about the chances of Team Orton. Jack Swagger comes in on Kofi eventually, and goes for the Ankle Lock, but Kofi turns it into a roll-up and strikes first blood against the heels by eliminating a shocked Swagger. The referee can then eject Vickie Guerrero as well, to massive pops, I'm sure.

* Hunico then seems like he'd be due to be eliminated, and that's coming. Next I feel that the heels need to keep the numbers in their favour. Kofi gets the hot tag, but Christian's heel shenanigans again come into play as he has the referee distracted and Orton cleaning house is ruled as illegal by the referee. Kofi is back in and goes for Trouble in Paradise on Barrett, but gets caught in The Wasteland and is pinned.

* Now is Hunico's elimination. Orton comes in officially now, cleans house, and Barrett has to tag in Hunico, who is all "Man, I can do this," but gets RKO'd and is out of here. Perhaps Epico can even make an appearance to try and help out Hunico, but he also gets RKO'd.

* Now we get into the nitty-gritty, as Orton & Sheamus are left against Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett & Christian. Rhodes is the next to go, when he is pinned cleanly by a Brogue Kick from Sheamus. Rhodes takes personal offence to this loss, however, and nails Sheamus with the IC Title behind the referee's back, allowing Christian (who looked like he was about to beat by Sheamus), to get a rare pin on The Celtic Warrior.

* Orton is now left with Barrett & Christian. Orton has Christian all trapped and ready to be beaten, but Barrett nails Orton with a steel chair from behind, getting himself disqualified, but Barrett's all "Fine, whatever -- this is my plan, anyway."

* This leads us to the final stage of the match -- Randy Orton vs. Christian. I think it coming down to Barrett vs. Christian would be too predictable, and that this scenario is sort of a nod to their great rivalry from earlier this year. Christian has taken a beating from Orton, but with the steel chair assist from Barrett, he now has a clear advantage. Christian just cannot put Orton away, however. Eventually, an RKO from Orton ends the match with Team Orton coming out victorious.

DLVH84
11-08-2011, 01:10 AM
I hope next year, they have all Survivor Series elimination matches, plus the grand finale match of survival.

Blakeamus
11-08-2011, 01:53 AM
That's a strong possibility, too. It's unlike the WWE to build up something so long, though. I guess they will give credibility to a storyline involving Nash and Triple H over anything else, though.

I could see Triple H coming back "too early" to want a piece of Nash in the remodelled Madison Square Garden, though. Just to add to the "drama" of the bout.

I can see him make a return at the PPV if Nash gets involved with the Del Rio/Punk match.

Mr. Pierre
11-08-2011, 02:01 AM
I think we'll see some sort of segment where Nash comes to the ring, claims that it's a shame that HHH isn't medically cleared to be here so he can kick his ass, etc etc. Then Trips comes through the crowd and the two have a 5 minute brawl through the Garden.

XL
11-08-2011, 03:14 AM
I hope next year, they have all Survivor Series elimination matches, plus the grand finale match of survival.
Don't hold your breath.

St. Jimmy
11-08-2011, 03:27 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EhbhASy3MoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MoFo
11-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Please dont have Ryder beat Ziggler ffs.

KaosDarksol
11-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Team Barrett ftw the face team seems pretty thrown together but the heel team makes sense minus hunico but he will be eliminated first so who cares

GD
11-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Mason Ryan is going to military press the fuck out of Team Barrett.

XL
11-09-2011, 03:19 AM
Please dont have Ryder beat Ziggler ffs.
Would it be so bad for a guy that is getting reactions that most guys on the roster would be envious of to win the US Championship? Even if means Ziggler losing?

I'm all for it, even if Zigs doesn't move on up the card afterwards.

Tazz Dan
11-09-2011, 04:39 AM

Dude, you're not fucking serious are you?

MoFo
11-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Would it be so bad for a guy that is getting reactions that most guys on the roster would be envious of to win the US Championship? Even if means Ziggler losing?

I'm all for it, even if Zigs doesn't move on up the card afterwards.

IMO Ziggler is WWE's MVP, and Ryders gimmick is that hes a jobber who doesnt get ample TV time, wouldnt make sense for a title switch

MoFo
11-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Really dissolusioned with Zack Ryder getting pushed tbh

He isnt that guy, why is Cena always licking his arse and saying how great he is.

Future HOF

:lol:

Shadrick
11-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Thats his gimmick? Damn, I coulda sworn he had a Long Island thing going on.