PDA

View Full Version : Henry Godwinn / Shanghai Pierce in Rough Condition

KayfabeMan
11-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Dave Meltzer of Wrestlingobserver.com reports this afternoon that Mark Canterbury, who wrestled in WWF in the 1990s as Henry Godwinn and in WCW as Shanghai Pierce, is in the ICU after a West Virginia auto accident.

Meltzer reports Canterbury as having a broken leg, ribs and two punctured lungs.

Damn.

Wish him the best of luck.

Aside from the Godwinns, I remember Tex Slazenger and Shanghai Pierce from WCW and watching them wrestle not only on TV back then but live. Both of them were in great form in WCW and were definitely one of those 80's style tag teams.

Anyhow, hope this doesn't turn out real bad. :(

Gertner
11-10-2011, 12:51 PM
He's lucky to be alive. Drove off a cliff didn't he?

#BROKEN Hasney
11-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah, was talked about in 100,001 replies and Juan also posted that while operating on Godwin, they found a tumor as well.

Hopefully that was early enough, because then it will almost be like the crash was worth it if he makes a full recovery.

Blakeamus
11-10-2011, 01:12 PM
GOD works in mysterious ways

St. Jimmy
11-10-2011, 02:30 PM
GOD works in mysterious ways

I will neg rep you every time you say something this stupid.

Blakeamus
11-10-2011, 02:32 PM
Why was that comment stupid?

Hanso Amore
11-10-2011, 02:33 PM
If you need to ask you are as stupid as your comment.

Blakeamus
11-10-2011, 02:35 PM
What the fuck? Explain what was wrong with that comment?

Blakeamus
11-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah, was talked about in 100,001 replies and Juan also posted that while operating on Godwin, they found a tumor as well.

Hopefully that was early enough, because then it will almost be like the crash was worth it if he makes a full recovery.

I went with the comment on this...

St. Jimmy
11-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Not going to flame this thread; just going to state this:

GOD, who is not real - but that's irrelevant, is not making people drive off of cliffs just so they can be lucky enough for a doctor to find a tumor before it's cancerous/too late.

Seriously? Did you ACTUALLY think before you typed that?

#BROKEN Hasney
11-10-2011, 02:50 PM
I will neg rep you every time you say something this stupid.

GOD > internet reputation. And I don't even believe in god (or internet reputation).

#BROKEN Hasney
11-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Although the world would be a better place.

That French place that got firebombed for the image of Mohammed? Just neg repped.

Blakeamus
11-10-2011, 02:52 PM
It was a figure of speech. I know its in various posters nature to shoot the gun and flame on anyone because it makes them feel RELEVANT behind a keyboard! I know he's not making people drive off the cliff. BUT how is THAT idiotic for me to say when Hanso pointed out that crashing was WORTH IT if he make a full recovery. Ignorance on your part man. You made your statement as to why you thought it was stupid, and I appreciate you coming forth. And I defend it was just a common figure of speech that anyone in the catholic faith would say. Now this isn't about us. Wish Godwinn the best.

JimmyMess
11-10-2011, 03:01 PM
were the Godwinn's the ones who would dump a bucket of garbage and crap and stuff on their opponents?

Aside from that,

terrible news I hope he recovers.