PDA

View Full Version : Gregory Iron

glanville6
11-14-2011, 01:12 PM
I'm not one who does shills too often, and I don't post here as often as I'd like to now, but I'm going to do some promoting here.

My friend has cerebral palsy. We went to the AAW show in July where CM Punk and Colt Cabana basically put Gregory Iron over. For those who don't know, Gregory Iron has cerebral palsy. Obviously, my friend found a new favorite wrestler.

My friend, Tommy, actually goes to Southern Illinois University in Carbondale, Illinois...and contacted Greg to do a documentary on his life and career and goals.

Check out the facebook page, like it if you feel so inclined to do so, and check out the Documentary Trailer...and more videos from my friend.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vY2DetEcccI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.facebook.com/Handicapped.Heroes

St. Jimmy
11-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Watching him wrestle makes me uncomfortable. Honest response.

KIRA
11-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Why St.Jimmy?

I'm not starting a fight I'd just like to know

St. Jimmy
11-14-2011, 01:55 PM
His arm lays limp most of the time, it's just begging for an injury. His movement and timing is alright, but it's still just off-putting. I wouldn't tell him not to wrestle, but I would tell him to go easy.

glanville6
11-14-2011, 02:05 PM
I think its cool that he's living his dream...but I think his opponents look weak.

He wants to be in the Royal Rumble too.

KIRA
11-14-2011, 02:07 PM
His arm lays limp most of the time, it's just begging for an injury. His movement and timing is alright, but it's still just off-putting. I wouldn't tell him not to wrestle, but I would tell him to go easy.

I understand, plus having CP his bones are compromised as they dont have the integrity of normal bones being in a state of permanent underdevelopment. that being said I'm sure hes aware of his limits its a hard thing to admit but I'm sure hes aware of what he can and simply cannot do

FourFifty
11-14-2011, 02:37 PM
He's decent, but get back to me when he wins an Olympic gold medal WITH A BROKEN FREAKIN' NECK!

Gertner
11-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Sorry, I only enjoy WRESTLING with a good workrate and Irons has no workrate

FourFifty
11-14-2011, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Gregory Iron as fodder in the Royal Rumble, but I want it happen due to a segment on Raw...

*Armchair Booking Fun Time!*
So John comes out and says that there will be a special Handi-Capeable entry in this years Royal Rumble, and he has chosen 5 people with different issues to have an over the top battle royal to see who gets that spot.
Out first is Iron, of course. As of the other four...
The One Legged Man, Zack Gowen
The Midget from Ireland, Hornswogle
Former Tag Team Champion, Eugene

And the last one, a man who suffers from a rare genetic condition...
The Great Kahli!

The first four gang up on the former WHC, then someone tosses The Swog outside to be caught by Kahli. Eugene gets dumped out next. Then Iron over Gowen.

Or maybe the 1 on 1 match that Iron said he'd take can be turned into a "Handicapped" match. Vince & Random Hoss vs Iron, Gowen and 'Swog.

Rollermacka
11-14-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm not gonna lie, the first time I saw him wrestle I thouht it was just a gimmick. I give him a lot o respect, esecially because I'm going through wrestling training myself right now. I'm having trouble and I'm in amazing shape, I can't imagine how hard he worked to get to the level he is. With that being said though, I can't see him being more than an indy wrestler with maybe some kinda "Zach Gowen" type run in a major company

screech
11-14-2011, 09:18 PM
I have CP (not nearly that serious though) too, so I love this.

mhirn3
11-14-2011, 11:02 PM
I was at the show in cleveland a couple of years ago when he got his bad concussion from landing on his head because he wasnt able to protect himself correctly on the bump he took in the battle royal.

Blakeamus
11-15-2011, 01:10 AM
I was at the show in cleveland a couple of years ago when he got his bad concussion from landing on his head because he wasnt able to protect himself correctly on the bump he took in the battle royal.

And this guy is having a petition signed to get booked in the Royal Rumble match? :lol: