PDA

View Full Version : I miss Edge

Splaya
11-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Was on youtube.com watching Videos today and started watching some Edge videos. Miss him and what he brought to the ring

Innovator
11-16-2011, 04:14 PM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/charJADNo2w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/charJADNo2w?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

RiX1024
11-16-2011, 06:09 PM
I miss Edge, he's a legend.

Iop
11-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Edge? Moar like over the hedge!

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Hammy-over-the-hedge-116958_1024_768.jpg

Juan
11-16-2011, 06:27 PM
Stop that

Iop
11-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Stop that

http://images.wikia.com/callofduty/images/2/20/Kobe-U-Mad.jpg

Corporate CockSnogger
11-16-2011, 06:42 PM
Come on Iop, don't stoop to Aguakate levels of idiocy. I was enjoying your posts for a while.

BizarroKing
11-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Edge? Moar like over the hedge!

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Hammy-over-the-hedge-116958_1024_768.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1844/facehoof.png

MoFo
11-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Great thread, would read again!

JimmyMess
11-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Its weird. Edge has flat out said he is not, nor will he ever be medically cleared to wrestle again, but I still see Edge as a young wrestler, no matter how old he may be. I still have that expectation that he will be coming out of the curtain in a number of months with a triumphant return because Edge isn't supposed to be done his career.

For a business that is based around entertainment, but isn't in fact a professional sport in the classic term, you would think a major player would only be gone once the people stop cheering for them, or they decide on their own terms that they have had enough.

Edge isn't supposed to be done. He still looks like a young guy full of piss and vinegar trying to knock the main eventers out of the spotlight.

Nicky Fives
11-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Very well said Jimmy.....at least we may still get the chance to see him (as a personality) unlike other greats, namely Eddie, Owen, Perfect, Rude, Benoit, etc.

The Show Off
11-16-2011, 10:30 PM
I miss Edge, he is among one of my all time favorites and selfishly I'd like to see him again but I'm glad he did wind up in a wheel chair or worse yet a coffin due to wrestling. It was funny I was watching Unforgiven 2006 the other day and I was going to start a similar thread to this. I miss him but we still have over a decade of memories to pour over in order to keep us entertained and the knowledge that he is still alive and well makes it all the better.

dingdongyo
11-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Its weird. Edge has flat out said he is not, nor will he ever be medically cleared to wrestle again, but I still see Edge as a young wrestler, no matter how old he may be. I still have that expectation that he will be coming out of the curtain in a number of months with a triumphant return because Edge isn't supposed to be done his career.

For a business that is based around entertainment, but isn't in fact a professional sport in the classic term, you would think a major player would only be gone once the people stop cheering for them, or they decide on their own terms that they have had enough.

Edge isn't supposed to be done. He still looks like a young guy full of piss and vinegar trying to knock the main eventers out of the spotlight.

i disagree, i thought toward the end of his career that he was looking quite a bit worse than the shape he started in. he was starting to fossilize.

i liked edge, but i'm fine with his time being over. there was nothing left for him to do anyway. besides, the abrupt finality is what makes it a story worth telling.

Scottness89
11-16-2011, 11:44 PM
My all-time favorite wrestler. One of, if not THE hardest worker the business had seen over the past 15 years. He earned everything that he accomplished and never once complained about things no being handed to him. A true professional. Unfortunately, he was injury prone. Just imagine how hard it must have been for him to accept that his career was over. This being a guy who had the fire in his blood from a young age. From a boy voted "Most likely to win the WWF championship" to actually winning it in my hometown of Albany, NY...it was a hell of a career and such an incredible ride. and I am proud to say that was along for all of it.

JimmyMess
11-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Very well said Jimmy.....at least we may still get the chance to see him (as a personality) unlike other greats, namely Eddie, Owen, Perfect, Rude, Benoit, etc.

Very true indeed. He can be a great vehicle for the business.

Rammsteinmad
11-17-2011, 12:39 AM
To be honest, the product has been so great this year, I haven't really thought about Edge. But I, like everyone else here, miss him a lot.

I'm optimistic that we haven't seen the last of his in-ring days though. It worked out for Shawn Michaels...

Anybody Thrilla
11-17-2011, 01:35 AM
I don't miss his feud with Kane, I'll say that much.

XL
11-17-2011, 04:35 AM
Sad that we never got a Christian/Edge fued where Edge could "pass the torch" before being forced into retirement.

Shisen Kopf
11-17-2011, 07:36 AM
I liked edge. I would put him on a par with the likes of Owen Hart, Mr Perfect and that one guy we can't mention. He was a good rassler but he was never as over as the major superstars like Rock, Austin and Man Mountain Rock

RiX1024
11-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Man Mountain Rock....how random...

Gertner
11-17-2011, 10:44 AM
Sad that we never got a Christian/Edge fued where Edge could "pass the torch" before being forced into retirement.

Yes it's a shame, because there haven't been enough Christian threads.

The Jayman
11-17-2011, 11:07 AM
you're right there hasn't

Shisen Kopf
11-17-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm just glad Christian isnt a jew

Rammsteinmad
11-17-2011, 11:50 AM
There's no such thing as 'too many Christian threads'.

Gertner
11-17-2011, 11:52 AM
1 Christian thread is too many.

The Jayman
11-17-2011, 12:54 PM
I vote more Christian threads

Londoner
11-17-2011, 01:07 PM
I vote more Christian threads

Lock Jaw
11-17-2011, 01:15 PM
I wonder if WWE should develop some sort of "seasonal" schedule. Not that they would have seasons, but that they would regularly give their workers time off.

Pretty much anytime someone has come back from a hiatus, they have been in great shape.

Big Show took some time off after his ECW run, and when he came back, he was like a changed man with how in shape he was. If more wrestlers did what he did, or what Jericho is doing.... there would probably be less injuries, more variety in storylines, and just more general healthiness.

Obviously you can't have everybody go on break at once, they would need to devise some sort of "schedule", and occasionally switch it up so that one guy isn't ALWAYS on break and never works with another wrestler that could be a big match.

GD
11-17-2011, 05:58 PM
I have always been a huge Edgehead from the get go except for the time when they were trying to push him like crazy as a face on Smackdown back in 2002?