PDA

View Full Version : I AM IRON MAN: The Iron Man matches thread

bigslimjj
11-20-2011, 11:56 AM
Since TNA is getting ready to have a 30 min Iron man match at their upcoming ppv,I thought this would be a good time to discuss Iron man matches and their place in the world of wrestling. This has always been one of my favorite matches,and always seems to showcase the best wrestling talent the company has to offer. The Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels Iron man match is still in my mind the greatest contest of all time. It certainly set the standard for any future contests of this nature. The same can be said about Ricky Steamboat vs. Rick Rude's bout in WCW. What's your favorite Iron Man match? Is there any way of improving this type of contest? Would a triple threat, or multiple competitor Iron man be the way to innovate? Is there any unknown or underrated IMM worth checking out? Feel free to post vids or whatev.

MoFo
11-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Rock v HHH @ Judgment Day 2000

Best clusterfuck finish evar.

bigslimjj
11-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Rock v HHH @ Judgment Day 2000

Best clusterfuck finish evar.I saw that one live in my hometown.lol. They screwed up Taker's new entrance badly. But we got an awesome chokeslam to X-pac: 2 min 15 secs in
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mV1YakdkL5s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JimmyMess
11-20-2011, 01:00 PM
I've always wondered... how did they screw up his entrance... I remember being shocked watching on tv at his return... was it the timing or something?

Back to the main topic, however.

Yes the 2000 Iron man match with Rock & Triple H was great.

Rammsteinmad
11-20-2011, 01:08 PM
The greatest would probably be Hart vs. Michaels, but my personal favourite would be Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar.

I've always wanted to see an Iron Man match with multiple contenders. A Fatal-Four-Way 1-hour Iron Man match would be awesome. Orton vs. Christian vs. Barrett vs. Sheamus would be an awesome one to see from Smackdown.

Xero
11-20-2011, 01:20 PM
I've always wondered... how did they screw up his entrance... I remember being shocked watching on tv at his return... was it the timing or something?

My guess is timing. Pretty clear that his entrance was supposed to have a longer intro, but they were pushed for time. So they had to rush the finish and still didn't make it within the timelimit.

Emperor Smeat
11-20-2011, 01:24 PM

Probably related to the bike suddenly stopping if he was meant to ride around the ring like he would do as Biker Taker.

I liked Brock vs Angle a lot but Michaels vs Bret was great even though there were no falls until in OT but it did add a lot of suspense to every time a pin or submission was attempted.

Problem with the Iron Man matches is usually the "dead" period being the middle of the match either is too slow or a bit boring since everyone knows the really important stuff only occurs near the end.

edyhdrawde
11-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Since when is a 30 minute match considered an Iron Man match?

BizarroKing
11-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Believe HBK vs Angle was only 30 minutes.

DLVH84
11-20-2011, 08:21 PM
The Ricky Steamboat vs. Rick Rude match at Beach Blast '92 really started the standard of what an Iron Man Match is supposed to be, while the Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels match at WrestleMania XII doubled the standards.

Shisen Kopf
11-20-2011, 09:08 PM
30 minute match in TNA? That's way to long for them. Should be an3 minute iron man match.

James Steele
11-21-2011, 04:36 AM
The Ricky Steamboat vs. Rick Rude match at Beach Blast '92 really started the standard of what an Iron Man Match is supposed to be, while the Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels match at WrestleMania XII doubled the standards.

I bet you secretly want Bill Apter to fuck you in the ass.

Innovator
11-21-2011, 09:50 AM

Bret vs. Shawn Ironman match sucked. Two guys having a pity party for an hour and two minutes.

The Angle/Brock Ironman on Smackdown told a better story than that.

DLVH84
11-21-2011, 10:51 AM
I bet you secretly want Bill Apter to fuck you in the ass.

Sorry, James, I'm not gay...I think you'd enjoy it more.