PDA

View Full Version : Early picks for the Royal Rumble

Rollermacka
12-06-2011, 11:52 AM
So tickets just went on sale for the Rumble, so who are you picking to win the Rumble this year? Do you go for the "big man" like Kane or Big Show? Do you go with potential main eventers like Dolph Ziggler or Cody Rhodes? Or will this be the perfect place to finally debut Brodus Clay?

Supreme Olajuwon
12-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Plenty of candidates to push into the full time main event scene this year. Rhodes, Ziggler, and Barrett are all ready on the heel side. Sheamus is ready on the face side. Wouldn't be against the Miz taking it either, even though he main evented Mania last year.

Corporate CockSnogger
12-06-2011, 12:19 PM
I'll go with Miz, or if Punk loses the title before then I'd put money on him winning it*

*I would not place bets on wrestling.

JimmyMess
12-06-2011, 12:21 PM
1. Cody
2. Miz

XCaliber
12-06-2011, 12:22 PM
It's not gonna be JTG and I'm pretty confident about that.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Plenty of candidates to push into the full time main event scene this year. Rhodes, Ziggler, and Barrett are all ready on the heel side. Sheamus is ready on the face side. Wouldn't be against the Miz taking it either, even though he main evented Mania last year.

Can't really see outside this list myself, I think Rhodes is an outside bet though.

Personally hoping it's Barrett. Possible outside bet on Bryan if he cashes in before and loses.

Gertner
12-06-2011, 12:30 PM
ALBERTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEL RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO!

Corporate CockSnogger
12-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Can see it being Jericho too if this whole itbegins stuff is him.

RiX1024
12-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Too early to pick IMO, I find Rumble picks very tough, anyone can win it.

Kapoutman
12-06-2011, 12:42 PM
Ziggler. He'll lose the US Title at TLC, then they'll continue his push to make him look like a potential winner, and pull the trigger at the Rumble.

Lock Jaw
12-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Randy Orton

Corporate CockSnogger
12-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Too early to pick IMO, I find Rumble picks very tough, anyone can win it.

Curt Hawkins?

Rammsteinmad
12-06-2011, 12:45 PM
John Cena or Zack Ryder.

MoFo
12-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Hopefully Ziggler, would not mind Sheamus.

Innovator
12-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Sheamus or a returning Jericho (submission based heel badass)

Emperor Smeat
12-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Barrett for Smackdown and either Ziggler or Sheamus for Raw.

Unlikely Henry or a heel keeps the title on Smackdown till Mania while Raw is a bit of a toss up depending on the plans involving the Rock vs Cena.

#1-norm-fan
12-06-2011, 12:57 PM
I think Henry is DEFINITELY keeping it til Mania and Bryan will be cashing in on him. It's all been leading so well to that.

So I'm thinking the Rumble goes to Punk (Having him chasing at Mania would be fun) or Orton (Gets the hometown win and Orton vs Punk in his current state would feel REALLY interesting and fresh. It's almost hard to believe they wrestled at last year's Mania considering the changes. This could be the next WWE super-feud.)

#1-norm-fan
12-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Also, Sheamus winning would be pretty cool. Though with Henry vs Bryan, Sheamus vs Punk doesn't really sound right for some reason. And I think it is VERY important for Punk to be in the title match at Mania for him to continue to grow at this point. WWE title match at WM is just a necessity at this point.

#1-norm-fan
12-06-2011, 01:03 PM
So basically, my top 5 in order of their odds of winning...

1) Randy Orton
2) The Miz
3) CM Punk
4) Chris Jericho
5) Wade Barrett

Corporate CockSnogger
12-06-2011, 01:04 PM
I'd have 1 man to have eliminated everyone except entrant #30 who is about to come out and it's John Laurinaitis, who before entering the ring wishes the guy in the ring the best in all his future endeavours thus a Laurinaitis rumble victory

Cuse8
12-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Ziggler. He'll lose the US Title at TLC, then they'll continue his push to make him look like a potential winner, and pull the trigger at the Rumble.

this :y:

Rollermacka
12-06-2011, 01:45 PM
I think Henry is DEFINITELY keeping it til Mania and Bryan will be cashing in on him. It's all been leading so well to that.

So I'm thinking the Rumble goes to Punk (Having him chasing at Mania would be fun) or Orton (Gets the hometown win and Orton vs Punk in his current state would feel REALLY interesting and fresh. It's almost hard to believe they wrestled at last year's Mania considering the changes. This could be the next WWE super-feud.)

Wow, a Wrestlemania headlined by Mark Henry Vs Daniel Byran....

Shadrick
12-06-2011, 01:51 PM
It's gonna be Wade Barrett....bank on it.

Wade Wade Wade, you know it.

Blakeamus
12-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Randy Orton

RiX1024
12-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Curt Hawkins?

Yes Curt Hawkins can win it, or even the cameraman when he enters the ring. Who knows. It's either Ziggler or Orton.

RiX1024
12-06-2011, 03:12 PM
John Lauranitis can win it if he wants to.

#BROKEN Hasney
12-06-2011, 03:24 PM
As the WHC is likely to be overshadowed by the WWE title and Cena V Rock match, you could give it a bit more prominance by having 3 matches around it at Wrestlemania.

Have Sheamus and Barrett draw the Rumble. Teddy hollas and makes a #1 contender match at Elimination Chamber and an Elimination Chamber match for the title, but both Sheamus and Barrett argue that they shouldn't be left out of the chamber match so they both qualify for it and are in the match. Bryan then comes out and confirms he will be cashing in at Wrestlemania. Orton wins at EC (Henry could retain I GUESS, but I'd be much happier if he's not champ)

Then at WM, you've got Bryan V Orton for the title and the winner of that match will take on the winner of Barrett and Sheamus for the WHC later that night.

St. Jimmy
12-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Jericho, Ziggler, Punk (if he loses the title), Cena

Mr. Nerfect
12-06-2011, 04:50 PM
If Jericho is returning, and they want to do Punk vs. Jericho, he seems like the best pick. Followed closely by Randy Orton winning it again. Whether he joins Henry vs. Bryan for a Triple Threat or even Punk vs. Orton. A more obtuse pick would be Daniel Bryan winning and cashing in the title shot at WrestleMania without needing to use his briefcase just yet. It'd be a credibility boost for Bryan, that's for sure.

With their apparent chemistry, and how on fire the dude has been lately, I would not criticise the WWE if they had Dolph Ziggler win the Rumble, though, and he challenged CM Punk for the WWE Title at WrestleMania. It may not seem like the best "story" heading into Mania, since Ziggler is a cocky heel, but it would lead to a potentially great match. And besides, the "story" at WrestleMania is John Cena vs. The Rock, so it doesn't really matter.

weather vane
12-06-2011, 05:53 PM
I hope Dolph Ziggler

#1-norm-fan
12-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Wow, a Wrestlemania headlined by Mark Henry Vs Daniel Byran....

It's headlined by Rock-Cena. And given the build, Henry vs. Bryan is a MUCH more than satisfactory 3rd main event.

BizarroKing
12-06-2011, 07:49 PM
For a twist...I wanna say the wwe debut and subsequent Rumble win of...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/Justin877/cpmunk.jpg

Triple Naitch
12-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Either Miz or Orton. If it's Orton, then I think it will be a triple threat at 'Mania between Henry, Orton, and Daniel Bryan.

Droford
12-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Dolph Ziggler will iron man the rumble, as #1 or #2 and win the whole thing.

#1-norm-fan
12-06-2011, 09:24 PM
I don't think he'll win it, but I can see Dolph entering #1 or 2 and staying til the final 4. That would be huge. Something they could bring up for years and years to come.

Skippord
12-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Orton's my guess.

XCaliber
12-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Changed up my picks a little I'm pretty sure a face is gonna take it this year a heel's never taken it twice a row so I'm going with the odds cuz Jericho will likely feud with Punk so yeah.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Whoever the mystery guy from the 1/2 promos is. (Brock Lesnar)

Droford
12-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Orton wins and gets a title shot at WM on his Birthday!

or not, since RR is in St Louis

Mr. Pierre
12-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Ziggler to win and challenge Punk at Mania.

The Gold Standard
12-07-2011, 12:50 AM
Ziggler to win and challenge Punk at Mania.

Mr Amazing
12-08-2011, 05:14 PM
im thinking
1)miz
2)jericho
3)ziggler
4)barrett
5)sheamus
cm punk if he loses the title before the rumble

owenbrown
12-08-2011, 07:12 PM
The popcorn vendor in the nosebleed section

MVP
12-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Ziggler, Sheamus, Barrett, Orton, Miz

Eklipse
12-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Cena. And he'll be all like "I want my title shot at No Way Out instead of WrestleMania." and he'll win that so the match with him and Rock will pointlessly be for the wwe championship.

D Mac
12-10-2011, 12:09 PM
The Rock will probably be in the Rumble right? He'll probably eliminate Cena and leave himself saying that's all he wanted to do.

#1-norm-fan
12-10-2011, 12:27 PM
I kinda doubt Rock or Cena will be in it,

Evil Vito
12-10-2011, 12:44 PM
<font color=goldenrod>There are plenty of good candidates, but I have a feeling it will be Randy Orton.</font>

D Mac
12-10-2011, 01:50 PM
I kinda doubt Rock or Cena will be in it,

Cena will be there in some capacity. If not in a title match then in the Rumble. And the Rock better fucking be there somehow. It's the first major step in the Road to Wrestlemania.

Mr. Nerfect
12-10-2011, 08:20 PM
<font color=goldenrod>There are plenty of good candidates, but I have a feeling it will be Randy Orton.</font>

This is where I am leaning, as well. I mean, it all depends on what the WWE wants to do with CM Punk and with the World Heavyweight Title, but Randy Orton is definitely someone that will be in a high profile match at WrestleMania, and currently has nothing planned.

FourFifty
12-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Calling it now!
A ficus tree will win the rumble

Volare
12-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Ziggy, Barrett, Jericho.

Xero
12-19-2011, 01:29 PM
With Ziggler losing the US title, it's a good sign he's being considered at least.

Though he's not my number one pick...

1. Sheamus
2. Jericho
3. Ziggler

Mr. C
12-19-2011, 08:40 PM
I’m thinking Punk defends against Ziggler at the Rumble. Would be ideal.

If Bryan does carry the belt until the Rumble, which could well happen, I see him defending against Show and Henry. Could actually be the perfect way to give him some credibility, if they choose to go that way.

If Del Rio, Booker, Rhodes, Cena, Kane, Orton, Sheamus, Miz, HHH, Barrett, and Ryder are all in the Rumble, that’s a great start. Throw in a couple of surprise entrants (Rikishi and Road Dogg), and it could get mental. Plus, they can have JR substitute for Booker on commentary. :drool:

Mr. Nerfect
01-13-2012, 09:32 PM
An interesting note from Superstars this week, in that Matt Striker said that this year the Rumble is not locked down and that if a Superstar competes elsewhere on the show, they can still be in the Rumble match. Now, this could be Striker just trying to build up a sense of unpredictability to things on his own -- but if that is the plan, then it would make sense for the losers of the title matches at the Royal Rumble to appear in the actual Rumble match.

For example, I could see Dolph Ziggler being one of the Final Four even after a hellacious WWE Championship match and competing for ages in the actual Rumble Match. Something like that could really help Ziggler get to the next level. Hell, imagine if CM Punk retained the WWE Championship and entered the Royal Rumble because he might as well compete for the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania as well? I don't think the WWE would have him win -- but imagine if Chris Jericho tossed out CM Punk? Or even if a Cody Rhodes or Wade Barrett did it?

Also, something I've been thinking about: It really makes no sense for anyone but a SmackDown! Superstar to win the Royal Rumble this year. By that I mean someone who challenges for the World Heavyweight Championship (a RAW guy could win and then jump brands). That's unless they drop the idea of John Cena going after the WWE Championship for his match with The Rock. Otherwise they'll have to tease a Triple Threat between Cena, The Rock and whoever wins the Royal Rumble. The only person I can see that being is CM Punk (and I could see Punk getting screwed, kicking Laurinaitis in the head and then winning the Rumble).

So, depending on what they want to be the World Heavyweight Title match at WrestleMania, I think we'll see a Royal Rumble that reflects that. It would seem that Randy Orton and Wade Barrett will continue their issues, possibly through to WrestleMania. Could Barrett win the Rumble in Orton's hometown, with Orton then making it his mission to win the World Heavyweight Title from Daniel Bryan at Elimination Chamber so he can beat Barrett at WrestleMania? Bryan would then have a rematch scheduled, and I could possibly see them having Bryan worm his way into Barrett and Orton's problems.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch (although it's far from certain, of course) that the WWE could very well give us Randy Orton defending the World Heavyweight Title against Wade Barrett (2012 Royal Rumble Winner) and Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania XXVIII. Meanwhile, Punk is eliminated from the Royal Rumble (after successfully defeating Dolph Ziggler despite Johnny Ace doing everything in his power to screw Punk) by Chris Jericho, setting up a rivalry between them in time for WrestleMania. The promo work (when Jericho starts talking -- if he starts talking) would be enough to sell people on that match.

So yeah, I'm officially changing my pick for Royal Rumble Winner, at present, to Wade Barrett. In the Final Four, I see Chris Jericho and Dolph Ziggler both being there. The WWE will probably want to tease a Sheamus win, too. Either him or someone else that competed elsewhere in the show, with a babyface making the most sense. So yeah, I'd go with either Big Show or Sheamus rounding out the Final Four.

Am I applying too much logic to the Rumble?

Nicky Fives
01-13-2012, 09:50 PM
1. Randy Orton - St. Louis is his hometown..... if he's healthy enough, he'll win (unfortunately)
2. Chris Jericho - The next logical favourite, but not my personal pick
3. The Miz - Needs something to do to make him seem like a main eventer again
4. Cody Rhodes - His time is now, Rhodes & Bryan could make masterpieces in the ring
5. Dolph Ziggler His time is also now, Ziggler & Punk could make masterpieces in the ring

Mooияakeя™
01-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Nicky Fives number 5.

That is my hope.

Mr. Nerfect
01-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Going through the WWE roster, here are the 30 guys that I think the WWE would like to use in the Rumble Match:

RAW Superstars:

1. Alex Riley
2. Brodus Clay
3. Chris Jericho
4. David Otunga
5. Dolph Ziggler
6. Epico
7. Evan Bourne
8. Jack Swagger
9. Kane
10. Kofi Kingston
11. Mason Ryan
12. The Miz
13. Primo
14. R-Truth
15. Santino Marella
16. Zack Ryder

SmackDown! Superstars:

17. Big Show
18. Cody Rhodes
19. Ezekiel Jackson
20. Hornswoggle
21. Hunico
22. Jinder Mahal
23. Justin Gabriel
24. Mark Henry
25. Sheamus
26. Ted DiBiase
27. Wade Barrett

Surprise Entrants:

28. CM Punk
29. Goldust
30. Triple H

I know that CM Punk, Goldust and Triple H are all under contract; but at the moment Goldust and Triple H are sort of inactive, and no one would expect the WWE Champion to troll the Rumble.

If the WWE wants more surprise entrants, I would suggest that they remove Hornswoggle. But the WWE (and the demographic the WWE wishes to appeal to) loves the guy, and he was sort of fun in the Rumble last year. Plus, he's actually been very effective, in a kayfabe sense, in Battle Royals and Over the Top Rope Challenges. Plus, it could be a memorable way to start the Royal Rumble by having Cody Rhodes toy around with Hornswoggle for a bit. Since they've been trying to use Hornswoggle to get Justin Gabriel more over as a face, it would stand to reason that Gabriel could also be an early entrant to help out Horny, only to also get eliminated by Rhodes.

Due to his current status with the WWE, I could really see a Road Dogg appearance. I never actually saw them together as Road Dogg was gone before I started watching, but even I think that a Road Dogg/R-Truth reunion could be some sort of wacky fun. Other mid-carders could be bumped, of course, for your Kevin Nashes or Steve Blackmans.

Also, I'm willing to bet that there's a spot in the Rumble where a pissed off (having lost in a World Title match earlier) Mark Henry tosses out guys left, right and centre to remind people that he is meant to be a monster. The WWE are clearly high on the guy, but I can see Ryan trying to body slam Henry, only to get tossed out. Also, I could definitely see a Henry/Brodus Clay interaction -- which could be hilarious. Especially if Clay actually eliminates Henry, possibly setting up something for the two at WrestleMania (although I could just see Clay coming out and dancing with Miami Heat before going to the back at the show).

Mr. Nerfect
01-13-2012, 09:55 PM
1. Randy Orton - St. Louis is his hometown..... if he's healthy enough, he'll win (unfortunately)
2. Chris Jericho - The next logical favourite, but not my personal pick
3. The Miz - Needs something to do to make him seem like a main eventer again
4. Cody Rhodes - His time is now, Rhodes & Bryan could make masterpieces in the ring
5. Dolph Ziggler His time is also now, Ziggler & Punk could make masterpieces in the ring

Jericho and Orton are still top picks, but I think Barrett has grown with the absence of Orton. They'll no doubt have Orton featured on the show, and I figured that he would distract or hinder Barrett's chances somehow -- but the more I think about it, the more I think they could have Barrett win, and then rub the victory in Orton's face after the match. Perhaps some sort of brawl between the two to end the PPV? Has the Rumble ever ended like that?

Added thoughts:

* If the WWE wants Chris Jericho to be a babyface (a lot are predicting he'll reveal himself to be a heel, but Jericho could take this anywhere he wanted), then he would be far from a terrible challenger to Daniel Bryan and the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania. SmackDown! doesn't really have a "star match" right now, but Jericho could change that. He wins the Rumble and announces that he'll be facing Daniel Bryan, who has to make it through the Elimination Chamber first. It's also possible that they could add Wade Barrett and Randy Orton to that match. The history there would be tremendous -- NXT, Nexus, Orton punting Jericho, Barrett throwing Orton down the stairs, etc. This becomes far more likely if Dolph Ziggler impresses enough people that he earns himself a permanent spot in the main event. Laurinaitis screwing over Punk and helping Ziggler become WWE Champion only for Punk to need to earn his next title shot by winning an Elimination Chamber from the commencement of the match would be a typical WWE story. But it's a template that has proven itself time and time again.

* If Randy Orton is healthy, he'll almost definitely win the Royal Rumble. The WWE will have him in the SmackDown! main event at WrestleMania, with the only exception being if they decide to make Orton vs. Barrett into a real feud with a vicious pay-off at WrestleMania. Orton's been playing ball and putting people over a lot lately, so maybe he won't have a problem being in the "Orton/Punk" spot again this year.

Emeye
01-13-2012, 11:16 PM
This is my order of who I think has the best chance to win:

1. Randy Orton
2. Dolph Ziggler
3. Sheamus
4. Wade Barrett
5. Chris Jericho (Depending on when he begins competing again, he could be placed higher)

Cody, Alberto and Miz are possibilities, too. I honestly would be 100% happy with any of the above winning.

Fox
01-14-2012, 12:09 AM
JERI-FUCKING-CHO.

Evil Vito
01-14-2012, 12:12 AM
<font color=goldenrod>The title match losers were in the Rumble last year as well, so it would make some sense for them to appear again if only for Dolph Ziggler to have a good run.</font>

Rollermacka
01-18-2012, 09:56 AM
Its strange enough but remember last year I talked about Mark Henry winning the Royal Rumble and people thought there was no way he could win? I could see him possibily winning it this year.

Jordan
01-18-2012, 01:36 PM
I'd say as of now the top contender's to win would be Jericho and then Orton if he can get cleared by then.

DLVH84
01-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Jericho for the win, so he can make his long-awaited victory speech.

#1-norm-fan
01-18-2012, 02:53 PM
What's with all the ████ing censored words?

Rammsteinmad
01-18-2012, 02:55 PM
This would be a great chance for Bobby Eaton to make his long-awaited return, and usher in a new era of greatness, integrity and class.

#1-norm-fan
01-18-2012, 02:57 PM
This would be a great chance for Bobby Eaton to make his long-awaited return, and usher in a new era of greatness, integrity and class.

Can you imagine if Eaton won the rumble and The Z-Man came back and won the World Title and Eaton challenged him for it at WM!?!

Rock Bottom
01-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Ziggler is in both the main event for a title shot, and the Rumble. Wins the Rumble, loses the title match.

DLVH84
01-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Can you imagine if Eaton won the rumble and The Z-Man came back and won the World Title and Eaton challenged him for it at WM!?!

Well, unlike Z-Man, Bobby Eaton has more crediblity and is more well-liked, both in and out of the ring.

A lot of wrestlers admired his wrestling style, due to him not injuring anybody in the ring. Mick Foley and Steve Austin credited that in their respective books.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Probably makes him a shoe-in to get to the last four at least.

BizarroKing
01-18-2012, 07:01 PM
let's keep in mind the injured list.

-Randy Orton
-Alberto Del Rio
-Evan Bourne (suspended)
-Sin Cara
-Rey Mysterio

So all of the above seem doubtful as entries.

What I think the Rumble will consist of.

WWE Championship: Punk v Ziggler
WHC: Bryan v Henry v Big Show
Kane v Cena
Some sort of Diva/Filler match of sorts.
The Rumble itself.

Eklipse
01-18-2012, 07:17 PM
I just realized that Elimination Chamber replaced No Way Out. Haha.
As far as the Rumble goes, I can really see Jericho winning it. Maybe even Wade Barrett.

Honestly hoping for a 'Taker return as well. If they're going to have any kind of good build for a match at 'Mania, the Rumble is a good time to get it started.

Mike Honcho
01-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Barret.

XCaliber
01-18-2012, 07:39 PM
My new picks:

5) CM Punk
4) Wade Barrett
3) Sheamus
2) Chris Jericho
1) Randy Orton

#1-norm-fan
01-18-2012, 08:35 PM
What if... and I am in no way saying there is even the slightest possiblilty of this happening but what would your reaction be... if Brodus Clay won the Rumble?

#1-norm-fan
01-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Well, unlike Z-Man, Bobby Eaton has more crediblity and is more well-liked, both in and out of the ring.

A lot of wrestlers admired his wrestling style, due to him not injuring anybody in the ring. Mick Foley and Steve Austin credited that in their respective books.

Alright fine. Eaton vs Punk at Mania.

D Mac
01-19-2012, 01:50 AM
What if... and I am in no way saying there is even the slightest possiblilty of this happening but what would your reaction be... if Brodus Clay won the Rumble?

I would quit watching.

XL
01-19-2012, 05:49 AM
If there isn't a Dance Off with Rikishi, I'm not interested.

Mr. Nerfect
01-19-2012, 08:20 AM
<font color=goldenrod>The title match losers were in the Rumble last year as well, so it would make some sense for them to appear again if only for Dolph Ziggler to have a good run.</font>

I'm really thinking this will happen. Ziggler has a great match with Punk, loses, but then shows up in the Royal Rumble, and has a really impressive run. I'd actually love to see Ziggler in the Final Four.

Mr. Nerfect
01-19-2012, 08:21 AM
Also, with a switch in emphasis lately, and me doubting that logic will come into play, I'm more and more thinking a Jericho win is likely -- with Jericho remaining silent.

#1-norm-fan
01-19-2012, 09:30 AM
I would quit watching.

Oh come on!

whiteyford
01-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Jericho or maybe Sheamus/Barret. Dunno if Jericho vs Punk is actually being planned or just IWC wishful thinking but it would be a solid Raw main event, cant see Bryan walking into 'Mania as champ though.

Indifferent Clox
01-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Orton or jericho

Indifferent Clox
01-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Or maybe the rock.

Indifferent Clox
01-19-2012, 10:16 AM
What if cena helped rock win the rumble? What if that was his heel turn? Like he knew he wouldn't get a title shot and he knew it had to be him vs rock, so rock gets a title shot at mania but cena has to be in the match. that'd be creative.

#1-norm-fan
01-19-2012, 11:56 AM
I'd prefer Rock and Cena stay out of the title picture. Especially if it means having to add the champion into the match like that.

The match needs to just happen on it's own. No titles, no other people, nothing. It's way bigger than any measly storyline they can tack onto it now.

#1-norm-fan
01-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Jericho or maybe Sheamus/Barret. Dunno if Jericho vs Punk is actually being planned or just IWC wishful thinking but it would be a solid Raw main event, cant see Bryan walking into 'Mania as champ though.

At this point I just don't know what else they wanna do with the World title. The only other thing I can think of that would really be good main event quality for SD at WM would be if Henry won the title back and Orton got the title shot. The whole "Randy Orton can't beat Mark Henry" coming into play would give it a big fight feel.

#1-norm-fan
01-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Unless maybe Orton wins it between now and then and defends against Barrett. I'd kinda rather see Henry vs Orton though as I'd like the story behind it more. He can continue his feud with Barrett afterward.

Evil Vito
01-19-2012, 12:05 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I just think whoever wins the Rumble HAS to win the belt at Mania. Not having the Rumble winner get the belt at Mania for a 5th year in a row would just be silly and would only make sense if they actually wanted to start an angle where the Rumble winner is cursed.</font>

Innovator
01-19-2012, 12:35 PM
I had the feeling they were holding Sheamus for the Rumble win to challenge Mark Henry at Mania before the injury, but I think Orton will get the nod here.

DLVH84
01-19-2012, 12:40 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I just think whoever wins the Rumble HAS to win the belt at Mania. Not having the Rumble winner get the belt at Mania for a 5th year in a row would just be silly and would only make sense if they actually wanted to start an angle where the Rumble winner is cursed.</font>

That would a great angle to go on, along with the Undertaker's streak.

whiteyford
01-19-2012, 12:41 PM
At this point I just don't know what else they wanna do with the World title. The only other thing I can think of that would really be good main event quality for SD at WM would be if Henry won the title back and Orton got the title shot. The whole "Randy Orton can't beat Mark Henry" coming into play would give it a big fight feel.

Theres the rumour of Big show vs Shaq so that takes him out if it happens, Bryan vs Henry Vs Orton could work but if Bryans still champion at the chamber i can't see him leaving with it. Orton winning the rumble or the title at Elimination chamber and facing Wade could be a good way to continue their feud or vice versa.

#1-norm-fan
01-19-2012, 12:45 PM
I had the feeling they were holding Sheamus for the Rumble win to challenge Mark Henry at Mania before the injury, but I think Orton will get the nod here.

I would LOVE Sheamus challenging Henry for the title at Mania. Their feud never really got a definitive ending and Sheamus getting a "WrestleMania moment" by toppling the monster would be awesome for his career.

#1-norm-fan
01-19-2012, 12:47 PM

Why can't there be a negative streak going on? I see no reason why this is silly. Whether they make a "curse" angle or not. Streaks are realistic. They happen in legit sports, why not let them happen here?

Eklipse
01-19-2012, 01:01 PM
So...are they ever gonna' have 'Taker and Barrett feud? Are they just gonna forget all about that or what?

#1-norm-fan
01-19-2012, 01:14 PM
It's been a while now... I'm pretty sure it's forgotten.

I can't see Barrett reaching the level of feuding with Taker. He's got a few matches left in him if that and they will probably be against very well established guys like HHH and Cena.

bigslimjj
01-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Sheamus fella, or Y2J

Fox
01-20-2012, 12:19 AM
I'd prefer Rock and Cena stay out of the title picture. Especially if it means having to add the champion into the match like that.

The match needs to just happen on it's own. No titles, no other people, nothing. It's way bigger than any measly storyline they can tack onto it now.

Even if they had a McMahon in every corner???

Evil Vito
01-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Why can't there be a negative streak going on? I see no reason why this is silly. Whether they make a "curse" angle or not. Streaks are realistic. They happen in legit sports, why not let them happen here?

<font color=goldenrod>Because the Rumble is eventually going to look pretty pointless if the winner never takes advantage of his opportunity. If they went with an angle about it then that's fine, but I just feel like the Rumble winner should win more often than not.

Same thing with MITB. If the winner loses their cash ins a few times, that's fine. But if it happens too often it'll just seem like a waste of time.</font>

Indifferent Clox
01-20-2012, 01:38 AM
Are the red sox a waste of time?

Destor
01-20-2012, 03:15 AM
Jericho is the only one that makes sense to me

Tazz Dan
01-20-2012, 03:41 AM
Destor wants to face Jericho at Mania

Destor
01-20-2012, 04:24 AM
well who doesnt? :p

Indifferent Clox
01-20-2012, 04:38 AM
Goldberg.

#1-norm-fan
01-20-2012, 04:50 AM
<font color=goldenrod>Because the Rumble is eventually going to look pretty pointless if the winner never takes advantage of his opportunity. If they went with an angle about it then that's fine, but I just feel like the Rumble winner should win more often than not.

Same thing with MITB. If the winner loses their cash ins a few times, that's fine. But if it happens too often it'll just seem like a waste of time.</font>

It won't look pointless as long as the winner has the opportunity to main event WrestleMania for the title no matter what past winners records are. I don't think they should win more often than not or lose more often than not particularly but keep in mind they are in the highest pressure situation on the biggest stage in wrestling possibly against the top guy in the company. If they lose more often than not or even don't win that often, it makes total sense. It also makes it so where you're not basically celebrating a world title win at WrestleMania in January. There's still an uphill battle. He doesn't automatically become the favorite in a match he shouldn't be a favorite in because he won a battle royal.

RiX1024
01-20-2012, 05:43 AM
Right, new predictions....Jericho or Orton...I can see Dolph Ziggler pull a double a duty.

blake639raw
01-20-2012, 07:53 AM
I've been thinking Sheamus for a while now. If not him, then Jericho.

GD
01-20-2012, 08:06 AM
1. Christopher Jericho.
2. Wade Barrett.
3. Sheamus.
4. Randy Orton.
5. Mick Foley :shifty:

JimmyMess
01-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Is there a rule about entering the rumble? Like time wise? I mean does each wrestler have to enter the ring immediately?.... I originally said Cody or Miz... but with this Jeritrolling situation its very plausible that he will spend the majority of the rumble outside the ring running around and high fiving, cheering and what not. And then when the last two men are down, the one guy eliminates the other, Jericho rolls in, tosses him over... and we have our winner...

Indifferent Clox
01-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Could see that LOL.

Swiss Ultimate
01-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Can see it being Jericho too if this whole itbegins stuff is him.

whiteyford
01-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Is there a rule about entering the rumble? Like time wise? I mean does each wrestler have to enter the ring immediately?.... I originally said Cody or Miz... but with this Jeritrolling situation its very plausible that he will spend the majority of the rumble outside the ring running around and high fiving, cheering and what not. And then when the last two men are down, the one guy eliminates the other, Jericho rolls in, tosses him over... and we have our winner...

Lawler hid under the ring one year and i'm sure Austin/Mcmahon left early on but rejoined it later. Sure even the commentators have said it doesnt always make sense to rush into the ring,so kayfabe wise theres a reason for it.

Evil Vito
01-20-2012, 07:05 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Since I'm bored I'm gonna try to guess the 30 entrants in the Rumble.

Raw

1-3. R-Truth, The Miz, Santino Marella: These guys have all been confirmed already on television either by promos or commentary.

4. Dolph Ziggler: It's been announced that people can pull double duty and guys entered last year even after losing in their title matches. For that reason I see Ziggler entering and having a good showing. I think Punk would also enter if Ziggler won the title match instead.

5. Kane: Another guy I can see pulling double duty. Kane has been in the Rumble every year since 1999 so I'd be surprised if he didn't keep his streak alive.

6. John Cena: I know that Cena hasn't mentioned the Rumble at all because of his focus on the Kane match, and we already know he's fighting The Rock at Mania...but logic aside I don't think WWE would resist throwing him into the Rumble anyway. He'd get a decent amount of eliminations and provide a nice heat spot for when a heel dumps him.

7. Chris Jericho: This will probably be the first match in which he executes any sort of offensive moves, even if it's just to dump somebody out at the end.

8-10. Jack Swagger, Primo, and Epico: Gotta eat up some spots here so it would make sense to put all of Raw's champions into the match.

11. Zack Ryder: He was 2010's success story and he's still a prominent part of Raw, so I don't see why he wouldn't be in.

12. Brodus Clay: They're obviously trying to give the guy some semblance of a push so I could see him getting a few eliminations and/or dancing in a comedy spot.

13. David Otunga: He's been featured on television every week and is Johnny Ace's legal adviser - so it would make sense for Johnny to grant him a spot. Wouldn't be too surprised if he entered late and Lawler calls shenanigans on it.

14. Kofi Kingston: Even though his partner fucked up, I still have a Raw spot to fill and Kofi is the most over one of the bunch. I might have bounced him out of his spot if Del Rio were ready to return, but it doesn't look like that will be the case.

SmackDown

15-18. Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus, Jinder Mahal: These guys were all confirmed one way or another.

19-20. Big Show, Mark Henry: Much like with Dolph, I can see the title match losers coming back for the Rumble (and I expect Bryan to enter if he lost, too). The Rumble always needs a few really big dudes so Show and Henry should be in...plus the SmackDown side of things is rather slim pickings in terms of guys who will get a reaction.

21. Randy Orton: I think we all know Orton is a safe bet to make a surprise Rumble return and is probably the favorite to win along with Jericho.

22. Christian: Sounds like he'll be cleared at or around the time of the Rumble so I'd say he has a great chance at being a mystery entrant. Always good to see him back in the fold.

23. Hornswoggle: You don't really think WWE will pass on the opportunity to do a comedy spot with Hornswoggle in the Rumble, do you?

24. Justin Gabriel: He's had some interaction with Swog as of late and, as mentioned, the SmackDown roster is stretched pretty thin as it is, so Gabriel gets in.

25. Ted DiBiase: He's been featured on SmackDown most weeks so that's probably about as much of a qualification as you need to get into the Rumble.

26. Hunico: Hunico seems to have some sort of feud going with DiBiase, so it couldn't hurt to throw him in.

27. Drew McIntyre: In an act of pure WWE logic, the overpaid guy who is constantly losing and almost getting fired on TV every week still gets into the Rumble for some reason ahead of guys who are in good standing.

28. Booker T: A bit of a shot in the dark here. The remaining SmackDown choices aren't much to write home about and would get zero reaction, ditto for the few remaining Raw choices. Book wrestled recently anyway so there's no real harm in throwing him in for the hell of it while Cole bitches about how he's hogging a spot. Would be even funnier if he got up and entered straight from the commentary booth.

No Brand

29. Mick Foley: After what happened on Monday I can't see Mick not finding his way into the match. Look for some involvement with Ziggler in the Rumble match, potentially setting up something for WM.

30. Road Dogg: My oddball mystery entrant selection. Rumor has it that WWE will not be bringing in any outside talent for this year's Rumble...so if I had to pick a WWE staffer to make a random, fun nostalgia appearance Road Dogg would be the guy.

---

Probably a bit optimistic to think that they'll actually have the same number of Raw guys than SmackDown guys...since they abandoned doing an equal amount per show a while ago, but whatever. I'd be content with that lineup. A good amount of star power, some patsies, and some comedy as well.

Thought about putting Triple H and/or The Undertaker in to staredown/build for their eventual WM re-match...but I just don't see it happening this soon, probably not until the night after Elimination Chamber. I'm not sure either guy wants to wrestle again until WM.</font>

Mr. Nerfect
01-21-2012, 03:32 AM
I pretty much agree with you, Vito, but I think that instead of Booker T, Goldust will enter the Rumble and eliminate his brother to set up an Intercontinental Title match with Cody for Elimination Chamber. Also, I think Mason Ryan and possibly Ezekiel Jackson will be in there instead of a filler guy or an injured Christian (if he's not medically cleared).

I actually came into this thread just to post that. I totally see the match ending that way. Jericho enters, slaps hands, leaves and then comes back after we think the match is over and wins it without much effort. I'm trying to think who he could dump out last, and part of me really thinks it could be Dolph Ziggler. I see him losing the WWE Championship match, entering the Rumble and doing really well. He can have a marathon performance, and people might even get behind him. He could even eliminate a fresher Jack Swagger to cause some friction there. Fans could believe that Ziggler wins the whole thing, and then Jericho tosses him out. Not an actual face turn for Ziggler, but I think a proper babyface like Sheamus would lead to them being pissed off with Jericho, setting up a feud. Ziggler being technically a heel (but one who does amazing work in the match) could keep Jericho's face/heel alignment still a bit of a mystery. Plus Jericho vs. Ziggler is match that the WWE could offer to show the best of Jericho en route to WrestleMania, and it only helps Ziggler.

parkmania
01-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Someone joked about it earlier, but I could totally see:

Jericho draws #30 to the Rumble and runs around the ringside area cheesing it up with the fans until there are only 2 guys left in the ring. Y2J manages to pull the top rope down from the outside, eliminating the other 2 competitors and win the Rumble without actually wrestling.

#1-norm-fan
01-21-2012, 01:20 PM
Who would have thought a year ago that everyone would be dead set against Chris Jericho actually wrestling.

Xero
01-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Someone joked about it earlier, but I could totally see:

Jericho draws #30 to the Rumble and runs around the ringside area cheesing it up with the fans until there are only 2 guys left in the ring. Y2J manages to pull the top rope down from the outside, eliminating the other 2 competitors and win the Rumble without actually wrestling.

Really want to see this lol.

Mr. JL
01-22-2012, 08:20 PM
I always thought it would be interesting if say there was only 2 guys left in the ring and they both eliminated each other before the Number 30 Entrant had even been clocked in. Then there would be a big buzz as it counts down 10-9-8-7-6-5-who's left?-4-3-who has not been entered yet?-2-1...

Cue lighted jacket and Chris Jericho runs down with intensity and slides into the ring and the bell rings and he uber celebrates with tears.

Could build some awesome heel heat with an over-the-top celebration the next night on Raw. Or you could even have Jericho continue with what he's doing now until eventually one of the champions interupts and confronts him.

#1-norm-fan
01-23-2012, 01:06 AM
I really wanna see that "last two guys eliminate themself before #30 comes out and there's like a minute wait of people speculating who #30 is" thing. I always thought it would be a dumb way to actually do it but it would be an interesting moment. It would actually work with Jericho though. I want this to happen now.

Lock Jaw
01-23-2012, 01:10 AM
I still say it is a terrible idea.

#1-norm-fan
01-23-2012, 01:34 AM
It fits what Jericho is doing now perfectly though.

#1-norm-fan
01-23-2012, 01:37 AM
And the moment where the guys go over and hit the floor and there's just mass confusion while everyone comes to the realization of what is happening and then the countdown starts and it's Jericho who does his entrance and just comes out and celebrates. It would be a great moment.

Xero
01-23-2012, 01:41 AM
I say Santino last year was pretty fucking terrible.

Jericho doing this would be perfect, and it would build MASSIVE heat on him.

I'm not crazy about them being eliminated before #30 enters. Jericho pulling the ropes down after a 10 minute entrance as the match went on would work a lot better. It directly puts the heat on Jericho because he's involved in the decision.

Xero
01-23-2012, 01:47 AM
Hell, you don't even need Jericho to come out at 30. Have him come out at like 20-25 and do the thing for like 20 minutes. Show him in the picture in picture box running up and down the stands, going to the concession stands and handing out hot dogs, taking pictures with people in the bathroom and eventually making his way back to ringside.

Rammsteinmad
01-23-2012, 04:36 AM
I wonder who this years 'wildcard we don't know much about' will be. My prediction is Mason Ryan. Even though he debuted over a year ago.

RP
01-23-2012, 04:44 AM
Dino Bravo

El Fangel
01-23-2012, 05:27 AM
Kane. Just a gut feeling.

#1-norm-fan
01-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Apparently Orton is all healed up.

... Damn.

I mean, I like Orton and all. I was counting on his injury fucking up the plans though because I have a feeling he's the obvious choice to win and I wanted to be surprised.

Volare
01-23-2012, 08:33 AM
So what year did it go from Midcard/Upper Midcard winning or having the best shot to now all Main Eventers must win the Rumble.

#1-norm-fan
01-23-2012, 11:38 AM
You'd have to define "main eventer"

I wouldn't consider del Rio a main eventer when he won.

I do remember being in shock when Taker won and he and Michaels were the last two though as it seemed bizarre to have two guys so high up on the card as the last two. If you want a "turning point" you might look at that.

CSL
01-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Orton, Jericho or maybe Undertaker

Brigstocke
01-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Jericho seems like a good choice in terms of future planning but I wouldn't be surprised if it were Sheamus, Barrett or Orton.

Rock vs Cena
Jericho vs Punk
Sheamus vs Orton vs Barrett vs Bryan

I'd love to see a four man title match at Mania.

parkmania
01-23-2012, 05:28 PM
The problem with having noone left in the ring before #30 comes out is that you pretty much have to book the rest of the night to fill up the time that would have been otherwise been taken up by the Rumble, and people who are looking at their watches would notice that there's not much time left for the main event.

Emperor Smeat
01-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Could combat that a bit easily by making each entrant comming out at 2 minute intervals which uses up an 1 hour once #30 comes out and then have a post-match speech by the winner.

Would be the best possible moment for Jericho to officially turn heel and just rip the crowd for the next 5-10 minutes before either the show ends or the champion comes out to set up the Mania feud. Could even do the same with any heel really like Barrett while a normal Rumble would be done if its a face winner.

You'd only need to fill up the other hour and a half with matches or even add in a few extra matches/skits.

Crimson
01-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Is it 2 minutes or the retarded 90 seconds this year?

Xero
01-23-2012, 08:30 PM
We won't know until they announce the rules.

BizarroKing
01-23-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm thinking these will be the participants, presuming Del Rio can't compete.

Raw Brand
-Chris Jericho
-Santino Marella
-R-Truth
-The Miz
-Alex Riley
-Brodus Clay
-Jack Swagger
-David Otunga
-Kofi Kingston
-Mason Ryan
-Zack Ryder (providing his so called 'injury' doesn't keep him off)

SD! Brand
-Sheamus
-Jinder Mahal
-Wade Barrett
-Cody Rhodes
-Heath Slater
-Justin Gabriel
-Hornswoggle (-_-)
-Ezekiel Jackson
-Ted Dibiase
-Hunico
-Primo
-Epico
-Drew McIntyre
-Christian?
-Randy Orton?

'Surprise' entrants
-Mick Foley
-Triple H
-Goldust
-Some extra random star from the past.

dingdongyo
01-23-2012, 10:09 PM
drew mcintyre makes final four.

BizarroKing
01-23-2012, 11:29 PM
According to tonight's WWE promo, all WWE superstars will be eligible to compete in the Royal Rumble. If this means what I think it means, this could mean other title holders.

Hmm.....Daniel Bryan enters as a surprise entrant and wins? Just throwing that out there.

Xero
01-23-2012, 11:30 PM
They always say that.

#1-norm-fan
01-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Yes but in the promos now they're saying "for the first time ever, every WWE superstar is eligible..."

For some reason they're specifically driving that point home.

Considering that and what Jericho said, it's possible that Punk beats Ziggler then Laurinaitis, in a last ditch effort to get the title off Punk before Raw where he may be fired, gives Jericho a title match immediately afterward. Jericho wins the title only for Punk to enter the Rumble and win that.

Someone who has gone into the Rumble as champion has never "been eligible" to compete in it.

Or Punk or Bryan just wins it flat out as champion and goes on to unify the titles.

MisterLee
01-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Santino Marella will win. :yes:

GD
01-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Totally forgot this dude.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RD4PFt6mY80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Yes but in the promos now they're saying "for the first time ever, every WWE superstar is eligible..."

For some reason they're specifically driving that point home.

Considering that and what Jericho said, it's possible that Punk beats Ziggler then Laurinaitis, in a last ditch effort to get the title off Punk before Raw where he may be fired, gives Jericho a title match immediately afterward. Jericho wins the title only for Punk to enter the Rumble and win that.

Someone who has gone into the Rumble as champion has never "been eligible" to compete in it.

Or Punk or Bryan just wins it flat out as champion and goes on to unify the titles.

I can't remember if I posted it in here already, but I was thinking something similar. I don't think he will win, and I think it would actually be used to set-up a feud more than anything, but I could see CM Punk beating Dolph Ziggler and then entering as a surprise entrant in the Rumble. No one would expect it, and it'd raise the possibility of Punk winning and challenging Daniel Bryan for the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania.

I do not think the WWE would go with Punk winning, but I could see them flirting with the idea of a unification because Punk wants to prove he is "The Best Wrestler in the World."

Juan
01-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Credit: F4WOnline.com

- There is said to be a major twist planned for the 30-man Royal Rumble match this year, based on the announced idea that every Superstar is eligible to be in the Rumble. This angle was also done to set up at least one planned storyline.

Xero
01-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Could they be unifying at Mania? If Punk (lol, Bryan isn't winning the Rumble) wins it, we could actually get Bryan/Punk/Jericho for the Undisputed title.

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2012, 10:39 PM
For some reason, that's making me think The Rock will be in it. It wouldn't really make sense, but for whatever WWE logic is, that's the vibe it's giving me.

Indifferent Clox
01-25-2012, 10:41 PM
That be nice.

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Could they be unifying at Mania? If Punk (lol, Bryan isn't winning the Rumble) wins it, we could actually get Bryan/Punk/Jericho for the Undisputed title.

Well, well, well -- it's funny that you rule out Bryan, because when people talked about the last two guys eliminating themselves I instantly thought a #30 entry of Daniel Bryan would be hilarious.

I still maintain that they won't unify the titles at Mania. They might build tensions between champions and THAT could lead to a unification in the WWE's post-Mania period (to keep interest in the product), but I can't see them doing it at Mania. But, as I said, I CAN see them having at least one of the champions enter with the obvious implication being that they WANT to unify the championships. CM Punk is pretty perfect for that. I personally see him being tossed out by Chris Jericho, and that being the starter of the "I'm better than you" feud the two are likely to have.

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2012, 10:44 PM
I would find the main event of WrestleMania being Daniel Bryan vs. The Rock extremely hilarious. It won't happen (I say that a lot, but I'm stressing it), but imagine that feud. :lol:

Lock Jaw
01-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Michael Cole is winning the Rumble. Calling it.

Asmo
01-26-2012, 07:08 AM
#Kayfabe, Would hate for that to happen. He isn't a Superstar, or is he?

Anyhoo, I wouldn't like The Rock to win either. I agree with Noid here. That spoiler or news report or whatever it was hints at The Rock.

XCaliber
01-26-2012, 11:53 AM
By anyone that tells me that both the WWE and WHC shall be participating in the match so I foresee Jericho eliminating Punk during it there's a Wrestlemania setup for ya.

#1-norm-fan
01-26-2012, 12:10 PM
The "he eliminated me from the Rumble" WrestleMania setup is easy. I like it though. I liked it better when there was a good brand split and it was really the only chance that two guys from different brands could start a rivalry. Like when it happened with HBK and Angle. I loved that moment where as soon as Angle ran back in to eliminate him you said to yourself "WrestleMania match!"

#1-norm-fan
01-26-2012, 12:12 PM
God, that really made me sad thinking about how there's no Angle-HBK level guys who that could happen with this year. :-\

Iop
01-26-2012, 02:22 PM
How would you guys react if Dusty Rhodes dons the polka dots, americaaan dreaaam plays on the PA and he runs to the ring to eliminate Cody Rhodes from the rumble?

bigslimjj
01-26-2012, 07:18 PM
SO what happens if one of the champions win the rumble. Do they pick who they face at WM? Or what? This "everybody can enter" thing has me thinking,and it hurts my head.

Crimson
01-26-2012, 08:25 PM
How would you guys react if Dusty Rhodes dons the polka dots, americaaan dreaaam plays on the PA and he runs to the ring to eliminate Cody Rhodes from the rumble?

I actually thought of that when I was determining how the match would go. Cody Rhodes #1 and then Goldust as Dustin Rhodes coming out to Dusty's theme at #2.

But now Miz is 1 so that's out the window

#1-norm-fan
01-26-2012, 08:31 PM
SO what happens if one of the champions win the rumble. Do they pick who they face at WM? Or what? This "everybody can enter" thing has me thinking,and it hurts my head.

I'm sure they don't have any "set" rules going in. However they want it to go is what will determine what the rules were after the fact. I wouldn't get a headache over it.

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2012, 03:20 AM
If CM Punk were the WWE Champion and won the Royal Rumble, then he'd logically be able to choose to face Daniel Bryan for the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania.

Corporate CockSnogger
01-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Any chance that JR might be popping by to do commentary for the rumble? If there's going to be a big twist I'd really like him there to sell it.

Xero
01-27-2012, 12:20 PM
"BAHGAWD MAH BBQ SAUCE HAS WON THE ROYAL RUMBLE! SWEET SALTY SMOKEY DELICIOUS DELICIOUS JR'S BBQ SAUCE IS GOING TO WRESTLEMANIA!"

GD
01-27-2012, 12:34 PM
If CM Punk were the WWE Champion and won the Royal Rumble, then he'd logically be able to choose to face Daniel Bryan for the World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania.

I have been gently stroking my willy to that thought for ages now.

Xero
01-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Now I can't get the image of Guru Dave jacking off out of my mind.

Fuck.

MisterLee
01-27-2012, 01:24 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Us2gW8mL69Q/Tcl8nRW2b-I/AAAAAAAAE88/gs4SwusPFdk/s1600/Santino-Marella%252Bsexy%252Bhot%252Bimages%252Bvideos%252Bwallpapers%2B4.jpg

The Show Off
01-29-2012, 04:17 PM
I didn't want to start a whole new thread and I like the irony of having my late pick for the Royal Rumble in the "Early picks" thread so I'm predicting that Triple H will win the 2012 Royal Rumble and will go on to Wrestlemania as a heel against CM Punk. My guess is the drama about with will be Triple H will come in #30 and CM Punk will use this as an example of the abuse of power Triple H is still using in WWE.

Just a thing that I thought of today while in traffic. For what its worth, which in less than 7 hours might be worthless.