PDA

View Full Version : What sort of Rumble should we have this year?

BizarroKing
12-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Time to discuss, how many guys do you want in this year's Royal Rumble. There's some word going around that this year's Rumble may still be 40 despite news that they're going back to 30 men. What do you think?

Nicky Fives
12-20-2011, 07:52 PM
40-Man without question...... Royal Rumble is my favourite event of the year, and I have never been so excited than last year.... A 30-Man Rumble this year immediately makes me less interested right off of the bat.....

Corporate CockSnogger
12-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Definitely won't be 40 again.

VSG
12-20-2011, 07:58 PM

Theo Dious
12-20-2011, 08:01 PM
30. The 40 man was a good flavor and all, but it really only pulled off because of Nexus's involvement. The last ten entries seemed really rushed.

Mr. Pierre
12-20-2011, 08:03 PM
40, why not? Gives the Rumble more time, and adds more to the ring.

Aguakate
12-20-2011, 08:04 PM
They should have a 30-man Royal Rumble, BUT, instead of it being that whoever is thrown over the rope to the outside be eliminated, have all 30 guys start on the outside, and whoever is thrown INTO the ring, is eliminated.

It'd be awesome because everyone who is thrown into the ring, is going to have to just stand there 'til the whole thing is over.

:shifty:

XCaliber
12-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Since it was 40 last year they might as well go with it again i'd hate for ADR to be the only superstar to win one even though he came in really late.

Corporate CockSnogger
12-20-2011, 08:17 PM
40, why not? Gives the Rumble more time, and adds more to the ring.

There's less time to tell any kind of stories in the rumble with 40 men. Also I'm pretty sure they've said/it's common sense that they only went with 40 last year to accomodate Nexus and The Corrrrrrrrrrrrre. Do they even need 40 this year? It would just be adding a bunch of people into the match who would add nothing.

Lock Jaw
12-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Reverse.

DLVH84
12-20-2011, 08:20 PM
20, as a homage to the first one.

Corporate CockSnogger
12-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Hey DLVH84, I'm surprised you didn't say you'd much prefer a battlebowl which was Created by World Championship Wrestling in 1991, the Battlebowl battle royal involved a multiple ring setup. Wrestlers were first thrown—over the top rope—from the first ring to the second, not actually being eliminated until going over the top rope of the second ring. "Survivors" of the first ring were allowed a rest period until the other ring was cleared.[3]

Jura
12-20-2011, 08:37 PM
Elimination Chamber Rumble

BizarroKing
12-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Hey DLVH84, I'm surprised you didn't say you'd much prefer a battlebowl which was Created by World Championship Wrestling in 1991, the Battlebowl battle royal involved a multiple ring setup. Wrestlers were first thrown—over the top rope—from the first ring to the second, not actually being eliminated until going over the top rope of the second ring. "Survivors" of the first ring were allowed a rest period until the other ring was cleared.[3]

Actually Battlebowl wouldn't be a bad idea for a separate event, but not the Royal Rumble

MoFo
12-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Hardcore Royal Rumble like 2001 when Steve Blackman brought the trash can full of weapons w/ him

Theo Dious
12-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Hardcore Royal Rumble like 2001 when Steve Blackman brought the trash can full of weapons w/ him

Thought that was Raven.

Emperor Smeat
12-20-2011, 09:14 PM
Traditional 30 with a few surprise entrants.

The 40 man and Wrestlemania Rumbles were also good being special rumbles with Wrestlemania's being great how it kept going higher based on the current Mania's number.

The 40 Man would have been more special had there been a spot where all the Nexus and Corre members were in the ring at the same time but the WWE wasted it with the pre-brawl and having Cena with Hornswoggle eliminate the entire Nexus before the rest of the Corre came out.

Anybody Thrilla
12-20-2011, 09:36 PM
When was there a Rumble at Wrestlemania?

BizarroKing
12-20-2011, 09:54 PM
Usually they were the preshow to warm up the crowd although those we're really more or less regular battle royals with more participants depending on the mania number. Think they had one at WMs II and IV too.

Rollermacka
12-20-2011, 10:19 PM
I'd say keep it 30. When you go over you start getting to many of those guys who have no chance of winning. It's like WCW World War 3, I put all my money on Maxx Muscle or Barrio Brother Ricky to win in the first one but neither of them got close :'(

Mr. C
12-20-2011, 11:20 PM
40 days to go. YES!

They should’ve saved Road Dogg for the Rumble, and Rikishi should be called upon also. I’d love that.

Anybody Thrilla
12-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Why is everyone excited about Road Dogg? If he's not talking, he's pretty much worthless.

BizarroKing
12-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Wait i got a better idea.....let them REALLY outdo WCW.....61 Man battle Royale!

Unfortunately due to lack of superstars, 9 spots had to be filled by Charles Robinson, Jack Korpella, Chyna (who got back in the WWE for one night after doing....'personal favors'), Joey Styles who enters twice for some reason, Sign Guy, The guy who sells merchandise under a Sin Cara mask, Paul The evil popcorn Vender, and a pillow that was randomly thrown into the ring.

Anybody Thrilla
12-20-2011, 11:47 PM
That was no pillow. That was a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy.

Anybody Thrilla
12-20-2011, 11:48 PM
http://www.syndicatedclothing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/wwf-pillow-buddy.png

XL
12-21-2011, 03:52 PM
20, as a homage to the first one.
:roll:

XL
12-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Start with 50 guys in the back, first 40 through the curtain progress to Stage 2.
The 40 compete to get into the ring, the first 30 to do so qualify for the normal Rumble.

XL
12-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Then the last 6 enter a series of matches on Raw/SmackDown to determine seeding for the Elimination Chamber at Elimination Chamber where they determine the winner and #1 Contender.

Xero
12-21-2011, 04:02 PM
How about a Royal Rumble where guys who actually have a chance of winning are in it?

Oh, right, a 5 man Royal Rumble would suck.

Rammsteinmad
12-21-2011, 04:03 PM
A 30-man Rumble, without any ring ropes.

Iop
12-21-2011, 04:18 PM
60 man, that would rule. The more guys the better I think. It would be cool if they had every guy on the roster come out for the rumble this year. I dunno if thats 60, but it would be great.

Corporate CockSnogger
12-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Everyone that enters the rumble should be given 3 lives.

Evil Vito
12-21-2011, 04:27 PM
<font color=goldenrod>I, for one, would love to see a 60 man World War 3 event at some point down the line. I don't think WWE would ever have 3 rings set up, but I could see a 2 ring set up with 30 guys in each. Could easily do it since they were having 41 man battle royals throughout the past few months.

But 60 guys would allow for the entire roster plus a handful of FCW guys. Would just be fun to see since I'm a big battle royal fan.</font>

Evil Vito
12-21-2011, 04:28 PM
<font color=goldenrod>Anyway, I was hoping for a 40-man Rumble again, just because I love the Rumble. The more the merrier. They could have a 2.5 hour Rumble with 100 participants and bring back fuckloads of random people from the past, and I'd love it.

But I can understand why they're going back to 30.</font>

Corporate CockSnogger
12-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Strip Rumble. If you get thrown over the top rope you can get back in the ring, but have to lose an iteam of clothing. Once the wrestler is no longer PG they are eliminated.

whiteyford
12-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Like Xero said, you can count the number of people with a legit chance of winning the rumble on one hand most years,the only benefit of increasing the number past 30 is the suprise entrants.

XL
12-21-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm all about the surprise entrants so I'm down with that.

Iop
12-21-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm all about the surprise entrants so I'm down with that.

I dont like the term "surprise entrants". Sounds like a rapist. Maybe, "Guest appearance" would be cooler.
That said, I want to see as many guys as possible in the rumble.

XL
12-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Who said I was talking about the Rumble? :naughty:

Ice Cream Bar
12-21-2011, 07:47 PM
They should have a 30 man ladder match

Lock Jaw
12-21-2011, 07:59 PM
30-Man Scaffold Match

Ice Cream Bar
12-21-2011, 08:05 PM
30 man musical tables ladders and chairs match

Mr. C
12-21-2011, 08:10 PM
The roster is so heavy right now. I’m assuming they’re going to run Big Show against Daniel Bryan and CM Punk against The Miz. A divas match and Air Boom vs. Epico & Primo would be fine. That would put Alberto Del Rio, Booker T, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, John Cena, Kane, Mark Henry, Randy Orton, Sheamus, Triple-H, Wade Barrett, and Zack Ryder in the Royal Rumble, which is amazing when looking at it. Throw in a couple of surprise entrants, and it could get mental. Plus, they can have Jim Ross substitute for Booker on commentary. :drool:

Ice Cream Bar
12-21-2011, 08:17 PM
The roster is heavy with glorified jobbers

BizarroKing
12-21-2011, 08:24 PM
With Cena facing Rocky at Mania, I don't see the point in him entering the Rumble this year.

Mr. C
12-21-2011, 09:00 PM
I’m going to go with the IWC’s hopes and cash in on a Chris Jericho-CM Punk feud.

On RAW January 2, 2012, the promo will play, and out Jericho comes. Jericho talks about saving us from the current WWE oblivion. Punk comes out to crash the fiesta and complains that Jericho pleads to save us, when he left the WWE for Jericho’s self. He says if he really cared about the fans, he wouldn’t have left in the first place.

On SmackDown, a Triple Threat Match is made for the title between Big Show, Daniel Bryan, and Mark Henry. Booker T vs. Cody Rhodes will also happen again, where Rhodes defeats Booker clean. Both will compete in the Royal Rumble.

Here’s the card: 30 Man Royal Rumble (Jericho wins), Show vs. Bryan vs. Henry (Bryan wins), Punk vs. Miz (Punk wins), Booker vs. Rhodes (Rhodes wins), and Alicia Fox vs. Beth Phoenix (Beth wins).

RiX1024
12-22-2011, 04:45 AM
30, it's traditional and make it a fast paced one like the 1995 one with a minute than 90 seconds.

D Mac
12-22-2011, 04:56 AM
Nah 2 minutes.

XL
12-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Royal Rumble In The Jungle.

The stage/ring area will have a jungle theme with trees, vegetation, animals and the occasional downpour. The winner would be crowned "King of the Jungle" and go on to fight a lion in the "Main Event" (read: lose in the opening match) of Mania.

Ermaximus
12-22-2011, 10:47 AM
They should have a 30-man Royal Rumble, BUT, instead of it being that whoever is thrown over the rope to the outside be eliminated, have all 30 guys start on the outside, and whoever is thrown INTO the ring, is eliminated.

It'd be awesome because everyone who is thrown into the ring, is going to have to just stand there 'til the whole thing is over.

:shifty:

How well did that work for TNA?

Crimson
12-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Classic 30 man. Have Nash come in and eliminate everyone , only for Hornswaggle to come in from under the ring( because he was hiding under the ring#smartbooking) and eliminate Nash!! That would rockkkk

Jordan
12-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Excuse me sir, are you by any chance Jewish?

Nicky Fives
12-22-2011, 11:48 AM
60 man, that would rule. The more guys the better I think. It would be cool if they had every guy on the roster come out for the rumble this year. I dunno if thats 60, but it would be great.

I agree 100% everyone on the roster, plus a few surprises to have an even number of participants (40, 50, 60, whatever)

Ermaximus
12-22-2011, 12:23 PM
I agree 100% everyone on the roster, plus a few surprises to have an even number of participants (40, 50, 60, whatever)

Ziggler can enter at #55 only to have entrants #56-59 be the rest of the Spirit Squad.

Mr. C
12-22-2011, 04:50 PM
The Wrestling Observer is saying that John Cena vs. Kane is set for the Royal Rumble.

I don’t know how to feel about this. I’m glad Kane is getting a push, but this would’ve been the year that Kane broke Shawn Michaels’ career eliminations record. There isn’t really anyone else who will threaten the record in the next few years.

Iop
12-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Royal Rumble In The Jungle.

The stage/ring area will have a jungle theme with trees, vegetation, animals and the occasional downpour. The winner would be crowned "King of the Jungle" and go on to fight a lion in the "Main Event" (read: lose in the opening match) of Mania.

Mark Henry would win and everyone will day its racist

Aguakate
12-22-2011, 05:00 PM
The Wrestling Observer is saying that John Cena vs. Kane is set for the Royal Rumble.

I don’t know how to feel about this. I’m glad Kane is getting a push, but this would’ve been the year that Kane broke Shawn Michaels’ career eliminations record. There isn’t really anyone else who will threaten the record in the next few years.

With the Rumble so close to WrestleMania, and John Cena set to face The Rock at said 'Mania (which means he needs momentum going into the show), it'd mean that Cena would beat Kane, which wouldn't make sense after bringing him back with the mask and all that.

Unless The Rock somehow costs Cena the match or something.

SEXUAL VANILLA
12-22-2011, 05:03 PM

How many more does he need? I think Kane will still be around for a year or two.

XL
12-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Mark Henry would win and everyone will day its racist
Well I'd pay to see see Henry vs a lion.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?!?

Hell Yeah I am!!!

XL
12-23-2011, 02:06 PM
According to WWE.com, the current roster:

Del Rio
Alex Riley
Big Show (Could be involved in WHC match)
Booker T (?)
Brodus Clay (Yet to debut)
Christian (INJURED)
Punk (WWE Champ)
Cody Rhodes
Curt Hawkins
Daniel Bryan (WHC)
David Otunga
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Epico
Evan Bourne
Ezekial Jackson
Goldust
Heath Slater
Hornswoggle
Hunico
Jack Swagger
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Jinder Mahal
John Cena (rumoured to be facing Kane)
Johnny Curtis
JTG
Justin Gabriel
Kane (Rumoured to be facing Cena)
Kevin Nash (Likely done from a storyline perspective)
Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry (Could be involved in WHC match)
Mason Ryan
Michael McGillicutty
Primo
R-Truth
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio (INJURED)
Santino
Sheamus
Sin Cara (INJURED)
Ted DiBiase
The Great Khali (RETIRED)
The Miz
Trent Barreta
Triple H (?)
Tyler Reks
Tyson Kidd
Undertaker (?)
Wade Barrett
William Regal
Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder

That's 37 people who could be in the Rumble (minus one for a WWE Title Match), so with a couple Surprise Entrants it would be possible to do a 40 Man Rumble if some guys (US/IC champs/contenders) pulled double duty.

That said, I think 30 is fine.

whiteyford
12-24-2011, 06:53 PM

Rumble match always goes on last,don't see why Kane can't still enter the rumble regardless

BizarroKing
12-24-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm actually surprised no one has yet tried to add any over the top random picks for Rumble entrants to follow up the post I made here

Wait i got a better idea.....let them REALLY outdo WCW.....61 Man battle Royale!

Unfortunately due to lack of superstars, 9 spots had to be filled by Charles Robinson, Jack Korpella, Chyna (who got back in the WWE for one night after doing....'personal favors'), Joey Styles who enters twice for some reason, Sign Guy, The guy who sells merchandise under a Sin Cara mask, Paul The evil popcorn Vender, and a pillow that was randomly thrown into the ring.

Anybody Thrilla
12-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Rumble match always goes on last,don't see why Kane can't still enter the rumble regardless

That one time, it didn't.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-25-2011, 10:06 AM
The first time it didn't either.

Theo Dious
12-25-2011, 06:33 PM
It didn't when it debuted, it didn't when Michaels won it for the second time, it didn't when Austin won it for the first time, and it didn't when Mysterio won it.

Kris P Lettus
12-25-2011, 06:39 PM
We should have an Anthony "Rumble" Johnson..

http://knoxxgear.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/anthony_johnson_3.jpg

whiteyford
12-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Rumble match usually goes on last,don't see why Kane can't still enter the rumble regardless

:$

Theo Dious
12-25-2011, 07:12 PM
That was no pillow. That was a Randy Savage Wrestling Buddy.

That wasn't no gramma boy that was a grocery bag!

http://images.wikia.com/athfwiki/images/7/7b/Boxy_Brown.png

Theo Dious
12-25-2011, 07:13 PM
The first time it didn't either.

The first time it was also on Saturday Night's Main Event and didn't even have it's own PPV. And the clear main event on the show was the Andre/Hogan contract signing.

SlickyTrickyDamon
12-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Indeed actually all of the Big Four Events (WrestleMania 3 first WM PPV) were created for Hulk Vs. Andre.

Crimson
12-25-2011, 08:42 PM
As long as I get this kind of intro for the Rumble, same song and all then im good
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lw9JK9nYq1Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Theo Dious
12-25-2011, 08:51 PM
And incidentally, in the 2011 Rumble, Ziggler and Orton were both involved in title matches and made Rumble appearances.

Theo Dious
12-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Indeed actually all of the Big Four Events (WrestleMania 3 first WM PPV) were created for Hulk Vs. Andre.

Never really thought of it like that but PPV in the WWF was launched by Hulk vs Andre; in addition to what's been mentioned the first SummerSlam was headed by the MegaBucks vs the MegaPowers and the first Survivor Series was capped by teams captained by Andre & Hulk.