PDA

View Full Version : Albums you are looking forward to in 2012

El Vaquero de Infierno
12-22-2011, 03:10 PM
With the year quickly coming to an end, it is time to look forward to the auditory delights that await in 2012, or bands you hope will produce something.

For me the big album that I'm hoping will be released early in the year is the final Sleepytime Gorilla Museum record. The album is already done but they seem to be taking forever to release the damn thing. It is a shame it has to be their last album, unless they decide not to call it quits. But the various members have so many other projects going on, in particular Carla Kihlstedt, that a fix will be found somewhere else.

My boys, Punch Brothers, are also releasing a new record in 2012, which is guaranteed to be tasty.

Whether Tool and APC finally produce records in 2012 is still unknown. Tool usually produce an album every 5 years, and the last was in 2006, so they are taking their sweet time about it.

I keep hoping that Rilo Kiley will comeback together to record another album, but the only thing I've heard of is a compilation of B-sides and unfinished tracks maybe being released.

Anyways, what albums are looking foward to/hoping for in 2012? :wave:

Iop
12-22-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm looking forward to "The Penis Wigglers" new album

FakeLaser
12-22-2011, 04:42 PM
The Avalanches second album is finally supposed to come out.

Buzzkill
12-24-2011, 11:20 PM
Yeah, new Avalanches and new Animal Collective are the only ones that I know of. Hoping for new Vampire Weekend too.

dronepool
12-25-2011, 04:25 AM
There's probably more bands but these come off the top of my head-

Marilyn Manson- Born Villain
NIN
Tool/APC
Queens of the Stone Age/Them Crooked Vultures
Goon Moon
Sopor Aeternus & Ensemble of Shadows

Gertner
12-28-2011, 07:20 PM
I hope Indie music gets AIDS and dies, along with hipsters.

Kane Knight
12-30-2011, 12:01 PM
I hope Indie music gets AIDS and dies, along with hipsters.

More time to listen to those dumbstep remixes?

DLVH84
12-30-2011, 01:35 PM
The new Van Halen album, which is confirmed to be released on February 7th.

Buzzkill
12-31-2011, 02:32 PM
More time to listen to those dumbstep remixes?

Gertner hates dubstep, remember? He's got a very sophisticated techno palate. He only listens to deep house and euro trance

FakeLaser
01-01-2012, 04:58 PM
AnCo is obviously my most anticipated release. So pissed I didn't get to hear their new material this summer (via the bad trip incident)

FakeLaser
01-01-2012, 05:14 PM
I keep hearing that we will be getting a proper Atoms For Peace release. I'd guess Thom is going to release SOMETHING, regardless. I don't think we're in for another Radiohead release but I'd bet on some Thom Yorke solo output or some kind of crazy collabo. Maybe the MF Doom thing will actually come to fruition.

Curious to see how this new Best Coast album will be. I figured it'd be ultra-pop punky and will launch them into the mainstream, but it's going to be produced by Jon Brion, so who knows. I don't know what to think about that. They sound better all fuzzy buzzy. Very much prefer the EPs, but I gravitate towards more lofi sounding recordings. I would think this is going to be a lot cleaner but you'd think there'd be some synth in there and it'd be more experimental with Brion involved.

Watch out for Purity Ring. Hope they release a proper album or EP this year. The three tracks they have recorded are really good.

I'd like a full length from Unknown Moral Orchestra. I'd guess that's in the works.

Air is working on a new album. Could be good.

Would like some new shit from Ariel Pink. He's due. Hasn't released anything since that long 9/11 track.

Maybe Ben Gibbard will actually release something good for the first time in half a decade. He should do some sort of bedroom recording to reestablish his cred, or something.

Would like a new Crystal Castles album.

KeepAway are finally releasing their full length. Going to the album release party/show on the 10th at Glasslands. I heard most of it when I saw them over the summer. Should be awesome.

David Bowie said he's "not done" in an interview last year. Who knows? And who the fuck knows what kind of music he'd release? I just hope he doesn't release a dubstep album. He's pretty good with his genre selection but he did cut that industrial album that was pretty crappy in the 90s.

I'm sure we will get some kind of release from Bradford Cox because he always seems to be putting something out. He's a fucking machine.

New Dirty Projectors should be pretty sick. Didn't they release one track already? Can't remember. They did that forgettable split with Bjork. Actually should give that another listen

Wonder if Matthew Friedberger will release something solo after his sister released her amazing EP this year and also went on record saying there won't be another Fiery Furnace album for a long time.

Fuck Buttons plz

Jay Electronica plz (and don't be crappy and overproduced like J Cole's crap album)

Nite Jewel has an album coming out. Love her

Dunno that's all I can think of now

mitch_h
01-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Air - I guess an album based around Voyage to the Moon might be alright.

The Wrens, been a long ass time since The Meadowlands, hopefully they finally release something

Of Montreal
Janelle Monae
Phoenix
The Knife

Savio
01-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Detox hopefully

FakeLaser
01-02-2012, 01:53 AM
I'm 90% sure Detox will suck if it is ever released.

Just a feeling

FakeLaser
01-02-2012, 12:50 PM
New mixtapes were released by Kool AD and Raekwon yesterday and today, respectively.

Iop
01-02-2012, 02:58 PM
New mixtapes were released by Kool AD and Raekwon yesterday and today, respectively.

Those musician names sound made up.

Like,

New mixtapes released for K-Berg and Hawuji, respectively.

FakeLaser
01-02-2012, 03:57 PM
You never heard of Raekwon? I can see never hearing of Kool AD but are you not familiar with Wu-Tang?

Buzzkill
01-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Liking the new Raekwon mixtape

Detox will never come out is my prediction

Jay Electronica will continue to release sick individual tracks throughout the year but never feel comfortable enough to release the LP, and will eventually be forced to due to label politics and it will be a 7/10 (prediction)

Everything I've heard from Atoms for Peace has been pretty meh, not sure how I feel about them. Except for:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d7iWEim4sWo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d7iWEim4sWo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<333

Buzzkill
01-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Is Nehru Jackets supposed to finally come out?

FakeLaser
01-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah in the next couple weeks actually

Iop
01-05-2012, 04:12 PM
You never heard of Raekwon? I can see never hearing of Kool AD but are you not familiar with Wu-Tang?

Nope.

I guess I'm too white for all ya 'enthnic' music n stuff.

:?:

Buzzkill
01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
New Big Boi, Andre 3k and Outkast albums are all supposedly coming out this year too

mitchables
01-09-2012, 06:46 PM
cursive, xiu xiu, pinback. all due this year.

FakeLaser
01-09-2012, 10:18 PM
AT THE MOTHER FUCKING DRIVE IN

mitch_h
01-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Haven't listened to them for awhile but that new Shins song has me looking forward to their new album

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F32881757"></param> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F32881757" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href="http://soundcloud.com/theshins/simple-song">Simple Song</a> by <a href="http://soundcloud.com/theshins">theshins</a></span>