PDA

View Full Version : If Brock Lesnar were to return to the WWE

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2012, 10:25 PM
How would you do it? What's your ideal scenario (if any) leading to a return of the phenom that was, at one stage, labelled "The Next Big Thing" with such certainty?

Gertner
01-04-2012, 10:31 PM
Decapitate Daniel Bryan. Just to save us all.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Daniel Bryan would actually make a great opponent for Lesnar upon hypothetical return. Bryan's such a pro in the ring that he could help Lesnar shake off any ring rust he has. Plus, there is no doubt in my mind that they could tell a really compelling story. Lesnar should realistically win the first match between the two, but I think a great showing would more than legitimise Bryan, and could lead to Bryan trying to get back his World Heavyweight Championship.

Personally, the idea of a Lesnar return in the 2012 Royal Rumble sends chills down my spine. Imagine eight or so guys fighting in the ring towards the end of the match when Lesnar's music hits. It'd certainly be a moment. Have Brock win the Rumble, although not without a fight from some other guys, and earn a title shot at WrestleMania -- Lesnar chooses Daniel Bryan, and there's a match that seems somewhat special on SmackDown!'s side for WrestleMania.

Lock Jaw
01-04-2012, 10:37 PM
I'd definitely have Lesnar on Smackdown. Just to avoid John Cena's jokes. And to a lesser extent, CM Punk's.

Shisen Kopf
01-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Lesnar should return and run around the ring for 10 minutes then leave. But really, without Heyman Lesnar is shit

Xero
01-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Since it would be, at best, a three match run to build to a Mania including the Rumble match, it'd have to be a legend he can pretty much destroy but who is a legit bad ass in the fans' eyes. Someone like Triple H or Taker.

Mr. Nerfect
01-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar would actually be the shit. Imagine if Lesnar just attacked Triple H while the H's were speaking about their WrestleMania plans, and just left Triple H all fucked up and shit.

The thing about Lesnar's return is -- he has to look strong, but there are people that probably aren't happy about his attitude and stuff. Triple H, at this point in his career, might as well set an example and sacrifice himself to the fires of Lesnar, and basically do the job right himself. Lesnar looks good, and no one is really hurt by him being there.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Brock tries to continue his domination of the Undertaker but this time for the streak. Lesnar has beaten Taker at almost every match they have had Biker Chain and Hell in the Cell.

He would be the most significant threat to the streak since Randy Orton.

Xero
01-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Bring Ken Shamrock out of mothballs and have a Lion's Den Match.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-04-2012, 11:07 PM
The Dream match: Blackman vs. Chuck Norris.

Wishbone
01-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Lesnar has been gone so long that most people have forgotten about him or have completely lost interest. Only fans who pay attention to UFC would care if he did make a return so having him come back just to go over a legend would be pointless and a waist of money and time. Unless he comes back on at least a semi-permanent basis then I really don't think it should be done at all.

The Show Off
01-05-2012, 12:28 AM
Lesnar has been gone so long that most people have forgotten about him or have completely lost interest. Only fans who pay attention to UFC would care if he did make a return so having him come back just to go over a legend would be pointless and a waist of money and time. Unless he comes back on at least a semi-permanent basis then I really don't think it should be done at all.

You do realize Brock Lesnar is the number 1 draw UFC had. Who do you think was buying all thos PPV's hardcore MMA fans that care about his NCAA credentials? Or perhaps its current or old pro wrestling fans that are clamoring to see what he did?

If Brock came back to wrestling it would be well recieved by the fans. If Brock were to come back for a one off feud I'd want it to be with Randy Orton. I think that would be a good match with Randy's viper quick striking style against Lesnars brute force. I'm sure that was the WWE's big plans for the future around 2003-04. Not to mention its the two youngest champions in the history of the WWE going face to face.

Mr. Nerfect
01-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Lesnar has got about as much potential as anybody to draw for the WWE. Vince will definitely go after him. The ball is in Lesnar's court as to just how much he wants to work.

Wishbone
01-05-2012, 01:28 AM
You do realize Brock Lesnar is the number 1 draw UFC had. Who do you think was buying all thos PPV's hardcore MMA fans that care about his NCAA credentials? Or perhaps its current or old pro wrestling fans that are clamoring to see what he did?

If Brock came back to wrestling it would be well recieved by the fans. If Brock were to come back for a one off feud I'd want it to be with Randy Orton. I think that would be a good match with Randy's viper quick striking style against Lesnars brute force. I'm sure that was the WWE's big plans for the future around 2003-04. Not to mention its the two youngest champions in the history of the WWE going face to face.

Even if Lesnar did bring in ratings (Which I'm still not convinced he would be able to do after the initial shock of his return) he'd still be a waist of money and time. There's no way Lesnar is returning full-time and if he does return he's not going to put over anyone so where's the profit? One night you make a few extra bucks just to bury one of your current top talent (Because you know Lesnar won't fight anyone but an established star or 'legend') who could end up making you a lot more money down the line? Vince might be dumb enough to do something like this... hell he is dumb enough to do it, but it's not something that should be done.

Mr. Nerfect
01-05-2012, 03:25 AM
By that logic, it's bad business bringing The Rock back?

Wishbone
01-05-2012, 04:03 AM
By that logic, it's bad business bringing The Rock back?

1) Rock is most certainly going to put Cena over making him an even bigger star which means more $$$$.

2) Rock sells assloads of merchandise, Lesnar will sell maybe a few thousand tee-shirts to die hard fans who remember him.

3) Rock is a MEGA star of professional wrestling akin to Hogan, and Stone Cold meaning he'll draw regardless of the program or what he's doing. Lesnar is more on a Batista, or Triple H level where he'll draw in the right circumstances but won't be a sure thing.

Wishbone
01-05-2012, 04:06 AM
Also kids watch Rock's movies while most parents I've met won't let there kids near a UFC fight so that throws a whole demographic out the window.

Disco Apocalypse
01-05-2012, 04:17 AM
1) Rock is most certainly going to put Cena over making him an even bigger star which means more $$$$.

2) Rock sells assloads of merchandise, Lesnar will sell maybe a few thousand tee-shirts to die hard fans who remember him.

3) Rock is a MEGA star of professional wrestling akin to Hogan, and Stone Cold meaning he'll draw regardless of the program or what he's doing. Lesnar is more on a Batista, or Triple H level where he'll draw in the right circumstances but won't be a sure thing.

I hope you're just trolling, because I don't want to live in a world where Triple H is not a least a few levels above Batista and Lesnar.

Heyman
01-05-2012, 04:20 AM
How would you do it? What's your ideal scenario (if any) leading to a return of the phenom that was, at one stage, labelled "The Next Big Thing" with such certainty?

Short term - Assuming that he'll debut between now and Mania (which he will not), I would have him be hired on as John Laurinitis' bodyguard.

At a PPV - it's Laurinitis vs. Punk.....and then Lesnar comes out of nowhere and beats the shit out of CM Punk.

Allowing Lesnar to play a bodyguard type role would allow Lesnar to work a part-time schedule.....and for health reasons, not fight as much.

Lesnar would be a heel and would win/squash his opponents in 80-90% of his matches. The few jobs that he'd do however - would be to rising babyfaces in the company. Lesnar wouldn't job much but when he did......it would be extremely meaningful.

This is how I would use Brock Lesnar. But again - I HIGHLY doubt that he comes back to wrestling in 2012.

Disco Apocalypse
01-05-2012, 04:20 AM
And back on topic, Lesnar would be great in a 2-3 ppv programme where he could retire some of the bigger guys, Big Show, Mark Henry etc. that are on the way out. Then somehow convince him to put someone over before he leaves again.

Nicky Fives
01-05-2012, 08:01 AM
I'd have him return just like he debuted...... Come out of the crowd and destroy two lesser talents having a match.....

Kane Knight
01-05-2012, 08:55 AM
I'd definitely have Lesnar on Smackdown. Just to avoid John Cena's jokes. And to a lesser extent, CM Punk's.

Are you crazy? Think of all the sick PIPE BOMBS Punk/Lesnar could drop.

Especially if Lesnar dropped the gimmick for no reason, turned heel and renounced the fakeness of wrestling!

Kane Knight
01-05-2012, 08:56 AM
I hope you're just trolling, because I don't want to live in a world where Triple H is not a least a few levels above Batista and Lesnar.

I'll chip in on the arsenic.

RiX1024
01-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Don't build him up to return....make it unexpected.

Hanso Amore
01-05-2012, 09:46 AM
WISHBONE YOU FUCKING MONGOLOID

WASTE

WASTE

NOT WAIST

LOOK DOWN - See that area your belt goes, about 4-5 inches higher than your dick. THAT IS A WAIST.

For fuck sake, I cant read your idiotic ramblings, but seeing you use WAIST so many times nearly caused me a fucking aneurysm.

Hanso Amore
01-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Also, your understanding of drawing power and how money is made is fucking shit.

DaveBrawl
01-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Calm down Hanso.

Take a deep breath.

Now breath out.

No need to have blood squirting out of your ears.

Iop
01-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Best would be a surprise return at the rumble but thats not gonna happen.

Hanso Amore
01-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Calm down Hanso.

Take a deep breath.

Now breath out.

No need to have blood squirting out of your ears.

My left arm hurts and my vision is blurry.

Ill hang up and listen.

DaveBrawl
01-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Sounds like you need to take a nap. That should make all your symptoms go away.

weather vane
01-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Surprise entrant at the Rumble and just takes everybody out really fast to win it all. Then he gives up his title shot for a chance at ending the streak. The rest writes itself...

The Show Off
01-05-2012, 02:04 PM

1. You're only assuming that Lesnar wouldn't put anyone over and you're only assuming The Rock would put Cena over. Assuming both of those things are true what good does it do anyone to put John Cena, the guy who has gone over every wrestler on the WWE's roster, over The Rock. John Cena will not sell one more cent of merch by going over The Rock. He will not look anymore legit in the eyes of anyone if he goes over The Rock.

2. Lesnar would sell a lot of merch, though yes you are right he wouldn't sell as much as The Rock.

3. Lesnar is a bigger draw than Triple H and Batista. He is not a bigger draw than The Rock however.

JKWJRMON
01-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Seriously, why would you bring Lesnar back to either keep Taker's streak going, or to end it? If Taker's streak ends it will be by selfish cocksucker HHH, or someone younger that the WWE can still advertise. I'd rather see Cena or CM Punk end Taker's streak than HHH or Brock Lesnar.

jskinnyg
01-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Lesnar should return and run around the ring for 10 minutes then leave. But really, without Heyman Lesnar is shit

I enjoy this answer quite a bit...

Theo Dious
01-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Have somebody cost Michael Cole his announce job, then have Cole bring in Lesnar in revenge. Cole's belligerent screaming would be so much better as a manager. He could seriously be the new Jimmy Hart.

Xero
01-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Have somebody cost Michael Cole his announce job, then have Cole bring in Lesnar in revenge. Cole's belligerent screaming would be so much better as a manager. He could seriously be the new Jimmy Hart.

Would be pretty epic, really.

Wishbone
01-05-2012, 05:09 PM

Really like that idea actually. Cole would do 1000 times better as a manager than as a commentator. I still stand by what I said though, that Lesnar really isn't worth the trouble. I'd like to see this scenario played out with someone like Brodus Clay though. Cole could get him quite a bit of heat right off the bat.

Wishbone
01-05-2012, 05:11 PM
My left arm hurts and my vision is blurry.

Ill hang up and listen.

Watch it there dude wouldn't want anyone to bite the big one just because of a little incorrect spelling.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Would be pretty epic, really.

The Cole-ossal Connection

Fox
01-06-2012, 01:04 AM
He should come back as a surprise entrant in the MITB Ladder match at WrestleMania, and absolutely murder the other 7 guys in the ring in about 5-10 minutes before taking the briefcase. Then he cashes in the same night.

First night back: wins MITB and the World Title.

He then becomes this "I'm better than sports entertainment" asshole who says he just came back to prove that he's untouchable and above everyone else. This would lead to a feud against a "pro wrestler's wrestler" like CM Punk or John Cena, standing up for the sport of professional wrestling against the self-proclaimed sell-out Brock Lesnar.

Mr. Nerfect
01-06-2012, 01:23 AM
He should come back as a surprise entrant in the MITB Ladder match at WrestleMania, and absolutely murder the other 7 guys in the ring in about 5-10 minutes before taking the briefcase. Then he cashes in the same night.

First night back: wins MITB and the World Title.

He then becomes this "I'm better than sports entertainment" asshole who says he just came back to prove that he's untouchable and above everyone else. This would lead to a feud against a "pro wrestler's wrestler" like CM Punk or John Cena, standing up for the sport of professional wrestling against the self-proclaimed sell-out Brock Lesnar.

That's an interesting way to have him return. I definitely think that Lesnar should be a heel upon his return -- he's absolutely great at riling people up against him, and for him to really gain traction as a heel, winning the WWE or World Heavyweight Championship pretty quickly would be a logical step.

I've thought about it before, but I'm not sure if I would go to the extreme of him bashing pro-wrestling as a heel, though. He should have a sense of superiority, where he states he chose to leave and "left the WWE a crippled mess without me." He could take shots at John Cena and say that Cena only rose with Lesnar gone, etc. But I don't think I'd go as far as to have him claim to be better than sports entertainment.

If you went with the route of Lesnar cashing in Money in the Bank the same night he returns and wins it, I wouldn't mind it if he cashed in on Daniel Bryan. Have Bryan defeat Jericho to really prove that he belongs in the main event scene (although it could really be anyone). Lesnar then attacks Bryan during his post-match celebration, and levels him with an F-5. Brock effortlessly wins the World Heavyweight Title and then leaves the ring and walks right up to Shawn Michaels, who is sitting in the front row watching his student compete in a main event, and holds the World Heavyweight Title in his face.

I guarantee you that outcome would cause a stir, and make people pay to see whether the "pure wrestler's wrestler" in Daniel Bryan can truly overcome the beast.