PDA

View Full Version : Best of WCW Monday Nitro DVD

AfterShock8706
01-07-2012, 01:34 AM
So i was watching this dvd the other day and i can say this for being a huge WCW fan back in the day. i can't believe how bad WWE made this dvd it could have been so much better than what it was. i mean it had some good stuff on there like the classic Chris Jericho man of 1004 holds that was classic. But i feel it could had been so much better, anyone agree or disagree with me.

Also feel free to put up some of your favorite WCW moments up if you have you have that aren't apart of the DVD.

And Like It Or Not The AfterShock Has SPOKEN:D

Juan
01-07-2012, 01:48 AM
That's what everyone says about every WWE DVD. tbh

JimmyMess
01-07-2012, 02:04 AM

yep.

Tazz Dan
01-07-2012, 02:43 AM
If feel like my opinion is pointless now The AfterShock has spoken.

Sting Fan
01-07-2012, 03:29 AM
Thats disappointing to hear, I was looking forward to that release :(

Cuse8
01-07-2012, 09:39 AM
i dont think the best of monday nitro dvd was as much of a let down as the rise and fall of wcw dvd...they could have done so much more with that one

screech
01-07-2012, 11:03 AM
I enjoyed both Nitro & Rise/Fall.

erickman
01-07-2012, 12:12 PM

yep it's been 11 years since wcw went out of bussness vince needs to get over his fued with ted and bischoff and put out the best product he can instead of wwe can do no wrong and was so much better then every other wrestling show crap.

Rammsteinmad
01-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Would have been better if they included more classic Dean Malenko promos.

whiteyford
01-07-2012, 12:47 PM
yep it's been 11 years since wcw went out of bussness vince needs to get over his fued with ted and bischoff and put out the best product he can instead of wwe can do no wrong and was so much better then every other wrestling show crap.

History is written by the winners. In fairness though,they do tend to put over that WCW was winning in the ratings for 83 weeks or so pretty much in every DVD that brings up the Monday night wars. The Nitro DVD i thought was pretty good but there is always going to stuff people thought should be included that wasn't, like more Malenko promos.

ace3025
01-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I havent seen Nito but I agree that Rise & Fall was a little lack luster. They hit on the big points but really blew through anything not nWo vs Goldberg towards the end. They breifly touched on the cruiserweights being a solid piece, and focused more on bashing russo and how badly he failed WCW.

Emperor Smeat
01-07-2012, 03:08 PM
I think the original plans for Nitro DVDs might have been something similar to the early Raw "seasons" dvds if the "seasons" had sold well enough but the WWE scrapped those plans due to very low sales.

Main reason the WCW dvds came out was more due to the 10th anniversary of the end of WCW was last year than Vince actually caring about his main rival of the 1990s.

SlickyTrickyDamon
01-07-2012, 06:30 PM
I only saw the hacked job the sent to Netflix, but I enjoyed that for what it was. WWE makes great DVDs and documentaries. Haters gonna hate.

Shisen Kopf
01-07-2012, 06:40 PM
I liked that DVD. But really I wish they would release it on VHS. Videotape>DVDs

Sting Fan
01-08-2012, 12:44 AM
I actually enjoyed the Rise and Fall of WCW, I thought it did a good job of showing WCW before it was WCW and really covering why the business model was set to fail from very early on without a change in in thinking that just never came.

I might even get the Rise and fall of ECW soon just for the understanding, I could never get ECW stuff over here as a teen.

Theo Dious
01-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Seriously, for the love of God, people SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT WWE'S WCW RELEASES. You know what they're going to be before you buy them so if you do YOU HAVE NO PLACE TO FUCKING COMPLAIN.

MoFo
01-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Nitro was pretty shit though, WWE did their best job polishing a turd.