PDA

View Full Version : AT THE DRIVE IN

FakeLaser
01-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Reuniting.

The 15 year old emo kid in me came about 7 times today upon hearing this news.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qXCI3QjBMFM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Discuss

Vastardikai
01-09-2012, 10:51 PM
This station is... NOW... Operational.

I posted something in the 100k board a few hours ago.

I think this sums it up...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U-_Hri6RIQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FakeLaser
01-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Just realized being a 15 year old emo kid was 10 years ago

Fuck.

Malfeitor
01-10-2012, 10:35 PM
This band is fucking great.

Couldn't be more ecstatic.

The Destroyer
01-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Oh excellent.

I have to admit that when I first heard them like 12 years ago I hated them. Love them to death now though.

The Genius
01-14-2012, 02:13 AM
one armed scissor

Extreme Angle
01-14-2012, 09:37 AM
I prefer Mars Volta tbh

FakeLaser
01-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Mars Volta had two good albums followed by a quarter decade of crap

Extreme Angle
01-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Mars Volta had two good albums followed by a quarter decade of crap

I say I prefer Mars Volta, only listened to a couple of ATDI songs...
Giving them a good listen now :cool:

Vastardikai
01-15-2012, 02:29 AM
I honestly believe that if ATDI had put out the follow-up to Relationship of Command instead of breaking up, they would have done to Nu-Metal what Nirvana did to Hair Metal: made it utterly irrelevant.

Also, Relationship of Command is the best album Ross Robinson EVER produced.

FakeLaser
01-15-2012, 03:46 AM
I say I prefer Mars Volta, only listened to a couple of ATDI songs...
Giving them a good listen now :cool:
De-Loused In The Comatorium is one of my favorite albums of all-time. So nostalgic. Just reminds me so much of my early stoner days, smoking blunts in my Pontiac Grand Am which had this little toggle switch that would control the dome light by the wheel. Would switch really fast so I would tap it and would have a ridiculous strobe light show in my car in sync with the music.

That album and the song We Laugh In Doors by Death Cab For Cutie take me back there more than anything. Oh and This Place is a Prison by The Postal Service. And pretty much any Glassjaw song. Dunno sorry kinda blazed and remembering the "golden days" of smoking marijuana and listening to jamz

Used to be so obsessed with the absurd lyrics from De-Loused album. Had worked it into my daily lexicon

Called my car "track marked amoeba lands craft," for instance.

I really liked Frances The Mute too. Cassandra Gemini is ridic. Miranda too.

FakeLaser
01-15-2012, 03:50 AM
Dunno, after that they just became almost a self-parody. Like I guess their whole act was always kinda over the top and almost comically pretentious, but it got exceedingly ridiculous the music just wasn't good either. Maybe it's because Omar began to focus more on production... not that John Frusciante isn't an amazing guitarist as well (in fact, one of my favorites for his solo work), but dunno. Maybe their whole act only had so much mileage.

I feel like that's why we're seeing this reunion.

Sparta was kinda underrated. Really liked that one album they had, Porcelain. More ATDI sounding than anything TMV ever did. Not anywhere near as much of a departure.