PDA

View Full Version : Legitimate Injuries

MisterLee
01-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Back in the day we at times couldn't tell what was real and kayfabe..and injuries are one of them. Presently, for obvious reasons, it's pretty easy to uncover the legitimacy of an injury (i.e. Internet, Twitter, etc..). Just wanted to post a topic for all of us to discuss legitimate injuries endured by professional wrestlers because I don't think all of us know every one of them. :wave:

Destor
01-25-2012, 06:19 PM
the injury that always stands out to me is HHH working over 45 min with a crushed trechea in the first elimination chamber match. say what you will about H but that's one tough bastard.

MisterLee
01-25-2012, 06:53 PM
^ True story--that's heart and determination there! I heard John Cena has wrestled injured before as well?

Supreme Olajuwon
01-25-2012, 07:03 PM
the injury that always stands out to me is HHH working over 45 min with a crushed trechea in the first elimination chamber match. say what you will about H but that's one tough bastard.

Plus the nigga let Chris Jericho put him in the Liontamer when he had a torn quad. Hardcore.

Rollermacka
01-25-2012, 08:08 PM
I asked this question before, did Vader break the neck of another wrestler when he chokeslammed him and threw the guy on the back of his head/ neck? I know he broke the back of one guy with a powerbomb, but did he critically injure someone else too?

MisterLee
01-25-2012, 08:33 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e6O3ZMwXRr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

His powerbomb to Mick Foley that supposedly broke his neck..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z-sVl95KI2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This one looks legit..chokeslam AND powerbomb and the way they reacted at the end..especially Vader like "U OK?"...I forgot how vicious Vader used to wrestle..crazy! Straight slaughter. lol

Destor
01-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Vader is in my top 5 all time. sucha beast

Indifferent Clox
01-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Danielson worked morishima for 45 minutes with a detached retina and broken eye socket

Destor
01-25-2012, 09:46 PM
tore his shoulder in the 1st 10 min of a 60 min 2/3 falls with colt cabanna. still did the broadway, and had a great match. finish was brilliant. (all credit to gabe for the finish of course.)

Indifferent Clox
01-25-2012, 09:52 PM
I have all of his stuff in Roh. What year was that? I have 52 discs with all of his promos, interviews matches etc.

Destor
01-25-2012, 09:58 PM
it was during his title reign...so 06? maybe 05.

Indifferent Clox
01-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Cool thanks gonna go watch it.

Jordan
01-25-2012, 10:25 PM
The most memorable injury moments for me as a fan are Austin getting a shitty tombstone from Owen that broke his neck, still don't understand how Owen let that happen, he should have known Austin was too far down. That was a scary moment, I was just about 10 years old seeing that too and from the reaction of the reff and Owen after, as well as the horrible finish it was an obvious bad bump. Also very interesting on the latest Stone Cold DVD hearing Bret Hart talk about Owen never calling Austin after the incident and how they never spoke of it, and how Owen should have apologized but never did. When I herd Bret say that it was so out of character from everything I have herd about Owen that it really disappointed me. Nobody is perfect I guess. I felt that Owen probably felt horrible about it, embarrassment for the bad bump as well as growing up in Stampede you learn that injuries happen and it's just part of the business, you move on. Still an interesting comment from Bret, and a horrible moment for Austin that could have changed wrestling history as we know it, if he weren't such a bad ass mofo.

The other is Triple H taking the Liontamer with a torn quad, he could have called a different finish but he braved through and made a memorable match that much better once you know the back story.

Not really an injury but when Foley continued the match after the Hell in a Cell bump, my jaw was dislocated, but it shattered after hitting the floor when Foley took the second bump through the cell and continued the match.

Also I'll never forget Hardcore Holly's horrible laceration via table bump in ECW on Sci-Fi. That was ... yeah, hardcore.

Nicky Fives
01-25-2012, 10:33 PM
I don't think HHH in Elimination Chamber was 45 minutes..... probably closer to 20..... impressive, just the same.....

Blakeamus
01-25-2012, 10:34 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e6O3ZMwXRr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

His powerbomb to Mick Foley that supposedly broke his neck..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z-sVl95KI2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This one looks legit..chokeslam AND powerbomb and the way they reacted at the end..especially Vader like "U OK?"...I forgot how vicious Vader used to wrestle..crazy! Straight slaughter. lol

That splash from Vader was pretty sick too.

Indifferent Clox
01-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Two words: ganso bomb

Blakeamus
01-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Gave this guy an injury. Shit happens.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/crazeaholic/XTIANAVATAR.gif

Indifferent Clox
01-25-2012, 11:00 PM
What the fuck was that?
I've never hurt anyone thank God.

Blakeamus
01-26-2012, 03:14 AM
Just hurt his shoulder...and the only time anyone got hurt with my finisher. I've been using it for 3 years. Got it from Masato Yoshino, Dragongate.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KyVsGNnFcl8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MisterLee
01-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Just hurt his shoulder...and the only time anyone got hurt with my finisher. I've been using it for 3 years. Got it from Masato Yoshino, Dragongate.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KyVsGNnFcl8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was a gangsta finish. LOL :lol:

MisterLee
01-26-2012, 03:28 PM
The most memorable injury moments for me as a fan are Austin getting a shitty tombstone from Owen that broke his neck, still don't understand how Owen let that happen, he should have known Austin was too far down. That was a scary moment, I was just about 10 years old seeing that too and from the reaction of the reff and Owen after, as well as the horrible finish it was an obvious bad bump. Also very interesting on the latest Stone Cold DVD hearing Bret Hart talk about Owen never calling Austin after the incident and how they never spoke of it, and how Owen should have apologized but never did. When I herd Bret say that it was so out of character from everything I have herd about Owen that it really disappointed me. Nobody is perfect I guess. I felt that Owen probably felt horrible about it, embarrassment for the bad bump as well as growing up in Stampede you learn that injuries happen and it's just part of the business, you move on. Still an interesting comment from Bret, and a horrible moment for Austin that could have changed wrestling history as we know it, if he weren't such a bad ass mofo.

The other is Triple H taking the Liontamer with a torn quad, he could have called a different finish but he braved through and made a memorable match that much better once you know the back story.

Not really an injury but when Foley continued the match after the Hell in a Cell bump, my jaw was dislocated, but it shattered after hitting the floor when Foley took the second bump through the cell and continued the match.

Also I'll never forget Hardcore Holly's horrible laceration via table bump in ECW on Sci-Fi. That was ... yeah, hardcore.

Wow..yeah I didn't know about that side of Owen..that's crazy.. something that career threatening and to not even call the guy..

Indifferent Clox
01-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Bleakmus if I ever work you that is not the finish lmao. Jk you have more experience.so its up to you

Indifferent Clox
01-26-2012, 05:16 PM
OK after.seeing yoshino do it it doesn't.look so bad. I'd take that.