PDA

View Full Version : TNA should have Kurt Angle and Austin Aries feud over the X-Division Championship

Mr. Nerfect
01-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Agree or disagree? The Greatest Wrestler in the World vs. The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived. A feud between two of the most talented and charismatic professional wrestlers working in the industry today.

Indifferent Clox
01-25-2012, 10:34 PM
That would be amazing.

Crimson
01-25-2012, 10:34 PM
lol I caught a glimpse of TNA last week..Aries isn't bad on the mic.

That's all the input I have

Tazz Dan
01-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Agree or disagree? The Greatest Wrestler in the World vs. The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived. A feud between two of the most talented and charismatic professional wrestlers working in the industry today.

Didn't they already nix Punk vs Nash?

Wishbone
01-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Eh I haven't seen any of Aries' indie work and his stuff in TNA has been... well average at best (which may or may not be his fault). Honestly as it is now I really wouldn't care for this fued.

St. Jimmy
01-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Angle vs. Aries should be a PPV main event. That being said, it would be booked horribly and not have the proper rubber match follow up.

St. Jimmy
01-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Eh I haven't seen any of Aries' indie work and his stuff in TNA has been... well average at best (which may or may not be his fault). Honestly as it is now I really wouldn't care for this fued.

Can't find video online, but if you want to see one of the best matches EVER:

Bryan Danielson vs. Austin Aries
2 out of 3 Falls
ROH Testing The Limit
August 7th, 2004

Just a stupid good match.

Indifferent Clox
01-26-2012, 12:54 AM
That the 75 minute match?

Blakeamus
01-26-2012, 02:53 AM
I love Austin Aries' work on the mic and in the ring. Very talented and wouldn't mind seeing him getting into the E in the future.

RiX1024
01-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Book it TNA.

Swiss Ultimate
01-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Pretty much hated TNA's take on Angle VS. Joe...

Iop
01-26-2012, 10:31 AM
It would be the greatest Angle Vs Austin feud ever! :shifty:

erickman
01-27-2012, 07:58 AM
don't know if that will hapen soon, but chavo and dave hart smith will be there after india thing is done and i want to see them fued with aries

XL
01-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Angle vs. Aries should be a PPV main event. That being said, it would be booked horribly and not have the proper rubber match follow up.
Yes, if said PPV were presented by ROH.

I love Austin Aries' work on the mic and in the ring. Very talented and wouldn't mind seeing him getting into the E in the future.
He tried out for Tough Enough and, well, he didn't get the gig, so...:-\

Attitude99
01-27-2012, 05:42 PM
The question i'm still asking myself is, why the hell is the best wrestler in the world still in crappy ass TNA ?

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2012, 07:08 PM
I want to see David Hart Smith and Chris Masters back in the WWE. Both have great things they could contribute there. I must confess to liking the idea of the Chavo Guerrero/Harry Smith tag team, though. TNA's been hurting for teams since The Motor City Machine Guns got hurt and Beer Money split. Bring in The Bashir Brothers (Abdul and Arya), Dynasty (Chavo/Smith) and some other teams and it might be on the way to mending itself.

Anybody Thrilla
01-27-2012, 07:24 PM
I would enjoy an Angle/Aries feud, but I don't see why the X-Division title should be involved in it. Once that feud is over, where would the title go from there? Kurt Angle v. Jesse Sorenson? Kurt Angle v. Zema Ion? Those sound awful.

Ultra Mantis
01-27-2012, 07:30 PM
My interest in any given TNA feud is directly proportionate to the odds of any of the matches having a clean finish.

Mr. Nerfect
01-27-2012, 07:38 PM
I would enjoy an Angle/Aries feud, but I don't see why the X-Division title should be involved in it. Once that feud is over, where would the title go from there? Kurt Angle v. Jesse Sorenson? Kurt Angle v. Zema Ion? Those sound awful.

Kurt Angle versus anyone is guaranteed to be a great match.

But who says that Angle needs to win?

DLVH84
01-28-2012, 12:57 AM
That would be amazing.

RVDmark
01-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Isn't the X-Division about the more agile wrestlers? Maybe I am misinterpreting the title but I always thought it was a cruiserweight/spot monkey title. Don't get me wrong Im all for seeing Austin Aries vs Kurt Angle, but why for the X-Division title and not the world title?

XL
01-28-2012, 01:20 PM
The X Division is about No Limits, not weight limits!!

Also, isn't Angle a former X Division Champ?

XL
01-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Yes he is.

Jordan
01-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Noid do you really consider Angle the greatest wrestler in the world?

I personally can't stand him, but if he was more or less strictly working non main event, athletic based programs with some younger talent or X-Divison stars, I'd be into it.

I personally can't stand him though.

Mr. Nerfect
01-29-2012, 12:11 AM
Noid do you really consider Angle the greatest wrestler in the world?

I personally can't stand him, but if he was more or less strictly working non main event, athletic based programs with some younger talent or X-Divison stars, I'd be into it.

I personally can't stand him though.

I'm not too sure, but the last time I checked TNA billed him as "The Greatest Wrestler in the World." On his Dixietron entrance, anyway. It comes up behind him as he makes his entrance.

But yes, I do think Angle is all kinds of amazing. Don't get me wrong, the dude seems to be an absolute nutter -- but inside the ring he deserves mention with the greatest of all-time. I would still jizz pants over an Angle match with Daniel Bryan or a program with CM Punk.

Mr. Nerfect
01-29-2012, 12:14 AM
The X Division is about No Limits, not weight limits!!

Also, isn't Angle a former X Division Champ?

I think they officially changed it to be a Cruiserweight Title, which I think is dumb. But yes, Angle is a former X-Division Champion.

And RVDmark, it's the no limits thing that would make me want to see Angle compete in that division. He'd be in there to test himself against these kids who push their bodies to the absolute limit every night.

If I had my way, Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy would have been X-Division competitors, too. It'd add former World Champions to that scene, and really push how it's not necessarily lower on the card, it's about the style, and some of the best in the world compete in there. Essentially, the World Heavyweight Division and X-Division would be separate entities, allowing for some amazing cross-over matches. It'd be a big deal if, say, Frankie Kazarian graduated from the X-Division and wanted a shot against a player in the World Title scene, like Robert Roode.