PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Business Lexicon

Taker it Easy
02-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Lets start a lexicon of terms related to the wrestling business and what they mean. Main post will be updated as the lexicon.

6-pac Heat: Heat where in which a crowd or fan base actually hate you as a person.

Babyface / Face: Wrestling good guy.

Botch: A failed move or move set. See Sin Cara.

Face Smile: A facial expression used exclusively by WWE babyfaces. See Sheumus and Bigshow.

Heat: When a crowd or fan base dislike something a wrestler or performer does. Generally a negative reaction to heels.

Heel: Wrestling bad guy

Hot Tag: A tag team sequence of events that results in fiery offensive by the person making the hot tag. It seems as if a high majority of the time only a babyface tag team can make a hot tag. Heels are generally not allowed to hot tag and thus it can be rare to see a heel team hot tag. Example of Hot Tag: Babyface partner 1 has been getting pounded for a long time and is near defeat. After countless unsuccessful tag attempts he finally makes a leap up tag to his partner. The in ring heel will tag his partner but HE MUST and will always tag his partner after the babyface tags his partner first. Then babyface 2 enters ring and dominates the heel team. Often resulting in victory.

Jiffy: When a wrestler gets stuck in the ropes on accident.

Job: To lose to someone, making them look good.

Jobber: A wrestler who loses to other wrestlers, all of the time, to make them look good or more strong and powerful.

Kayfabe: Acknowledging wrestling as real. All angles, story lines, matches and moves are real.

Mark: Fans of wrestling

Muffler: Toilette or tissue paper that is stuffed between ones own butt cheeks. This is a protective layer between you and your wrestling gear / tights that is meant to absorb any sweat or anything else that may show through onto a wrestlers gear. This is most notably used so a wrestlers tights do not appear to have a sweat crack and also for hygiene.

Potatoed: Hitting an opponent and causing a legitimate injury.

Receipt: Returning a potatoed hit to your opponent.

Sterno: Canned Heat, when fake booing is played over the arena speaker system.

Stiff: When someone really hits someone or is being excessively hard hitting.

What?!: A polite way for fans to tell a heel to step off.

CSL
02-01-2012, 04:15 PM
this is proper shirley under the arms stuff

Razzamajazz
02-01-2012, 04:20 PM
a job is to lose to someone making them look good

a blowjob is to do the job, only do it poorly, thus "blowing"

am i doing it right?

St. Jimmy
02-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Sterno: Canned Heat.

Taker it Easy
02-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Please keep this serious. I am not a dictionary of knowledge so I will initially trust your input is wise and correct. If anyone notices a false or troll input into the lexicon please bring it up and it will be removed.

Destor
02-01-2012, 04:36 PM
i have no idea what is going on in here

Destor
02-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Muffler: Toilette or tissue paper that is stuffed between your butt cheeks. This is so your tights do not have a sweat crack and for hygiene.what

Jordan
02-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Muffler: Toilette or tissue paper that is stuffed between ones own butt cheeks. This is a protective layer between you and your wrestling gear / tights that is meant to absorb any sweat or anything else that may show through onto a wrestlers gear. This is most notably used so a wrestlers tights do not appear to have a sweat crack and also for hygiene.

LOL This is necessary knowledge for any fan

mhirn3
02-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Shit the bed(or drizzling shits): a very very horrible match

Waylander
02-02-2012, 07:34 AM
Here's a complete list for your pleasure: Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wrestling_slang).

Indifferent Clox
02-02-2012, 09:36 AM
I refuse to indulge you marks with industry secrets.

Indifferent Clox
02-02-2012, 09:37 AM
In fact from now on I'm posting in kayfabe.

RiX1024
02-02-2012, 10:00 AM
What?!: a polite way for fans to tell a heel to fck off.

Green: See Crimson and Mason Ryan.

MoFo
02-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Noid post -
- an elaborate plan to get a jobber over, must be 10 paragraphs long

"______ got dem deavours" -
- someone got fired

Vanilla midget -
- boring cruiserweight wrestler, most likely had a stint in ROH

MOVEZ -
- useless fake shit that adds nothing to a match, see; triple 720 moonsault into a piledriver powerbombhurricarana

Iop
02-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Braden Walker - Will knock your brains out.

Taker it Easy
02-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Well, I thought we could create a list better than the wiki one because it just has terms but not insider terms such as muffler. It would be nice to have something for TPWW and something TPWW can be proud of.

There has to be more terminology than what is just on wiki but hey, this is just where we talk the talk. Taker it Easy.

ooTin
02-02-2012, 03:53 PM
do wrestling fans really not know these terms or is this like a troll thing?

ooTin
02-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Well, I thought we could create a list better than the wiki one because it just has terms but not insider terms such as muffler. It would be nice to have something for TPWW and something TPWW can be proud of.

There has to be more terminology than what is just on wiki but hey, this is just where we talk the talk. Taker it Easy.

Just read this post... i see what your doing now... my bad

Droford
02-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Potatoed - hitting an opponent and causing a legitimate injury

ooTin
02-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Potatoed - hitting an opponent and causing a legitimate injury

receipt - returning a potatoed hit to your opponent.

ooTin
02-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Jiffy - when a wrestler gets stuck in the ropes on accident.

Taker it Easy
02-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Updated.

Blakeamus
02-03-2012, 03:10 AM
Suprised this wasn't mentioned...

http://medicmagic.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/baby-powder.jpg
To roll under the bottom rope out of the ring

Destor
02-03-2012, 03:11 AM
since i find it funny i wont say which, but several of these are not true.

Blakeamus
02-03-2012, 03:20 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_ok1H_LQLZnhByFcDTEnB3GiUUNlp8N9-BGGOILTGEtnou8xt-XJn184F1Q
Ring Rat-A word used by professional wrestlers to describe underage groupie girls that hang outside the door that leads to the dressing room or locker room...

http://www.1000funnypictures.com/photos/Funny-Nature-Pictures/28.jpg
Green Dick: See Indifference Clox

Indifferent Clox
02-03-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm just working them blakemus. At least I haven't injured anyone trying to do some Japanese shit. Lolz

Blakeamus
02-03-2012, 03:09 PM
http://www.gogifs.com/gifs/wwe4.gif

CSL
02-03-2012, 05:32 PM
this is an abomination