PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling books

The Naitch
05-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Name a few good ones. Anyone read Sex, Lies & Headlocks? Thoughts?

Tornado
05-04-2004, 04:23 PM
Name a few good ones. Anyone read Sex, Lies & Headlocks? Thoughts?
Yeah I bought it at the airport and read it on the flight back from Orlando. It was a pretty good read....:y:

Loose Cannon
05-04-2004, 04:31 PM
Wrestlecrap is the best book ever. I really hate reading books as I have the attention span of a 4yr old, but that book had my attention the whole way through.

tucsonspeed6
05-04-2004, 04:42 PM
I only read Austin's book. For the most part it's an easy read and he only fibs in a few key areas, unlike Chyna's book which I hear is one big lie after another. Also, there's a chapter at the end where he gives some ideas on how to bring back the good old days of wrestling. Some of his ideas are pretty interesting, like letting the wrestlers have more freedom when coming up with their promos.

The Naitch
05-04-2004, 04:44 PM
yeah, giving the business back to the boys

Read my sig.

Rob
05-04-2004, 05:14 PM
Both of Foley's books by a mile. Sex, Lies and Headlock was good but it does have it's factual errors and I can't grasp how they thought Brian Pillman's career deserved more coverage than the entire WCW run.

The Naitch
05-04-2004, 05:20 PM
well atleast it ain't a Hogan autobiography ;)

Loose Cannon
05-04-2004, 06:45 PM
Both of Foley's books by a mile. Sex, Lies and Headlock was good but it does have it's factual errors and I can't grasp how they thought Brian Pillman's career deserved more coverage than the entire WCW run.

Yeah I know. But when I read that part about Pillman, I had no idea that the Raw after Badd Blood was held in the Kemper Arena. It's just a little too eerie to see Owen Hart standing on the ramp with everyone else feom the locker room paying tribute to one of his friends who died so young. And then add to the fact that if you watch the tape of the video tribute after the video finishes playing, All the wrestlers go to the back and leave and Owen is still standing there with his head down and is the last one to return to the locker room. Just kind of weird.

Bad Company
05-04-2004, 06:48 PM
Every Man has his Price :y:

Savio
05-04-2004, 06:51 PM
Wrestlecrap is the best book ever. I really hate reading books as I have the attention span of a 4yr old, but that LCKO LCKO LCKO!