PDA

View Full Version : Some questions for DLVH *NOW WITH LOLCATS*

Rammsteinmad
02-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Ok dude, seriously, I can't tell anymore if you're just purposely trolling us or think you're in some kinda elitist club or something, but come on, saying Bobby Eaton still has something to offer and Inoki vs Ali was the greatest moment in pro wrestling is kinda taking it far enough.

So let's talk about modern wrestling of the American variety.

What wrestlers do you like? What storylines and angles did you enjoy? What are some memorable matches? What do you think about WWE's current state? Storylines/wrestlers etc.

The rules: No one over the age of 40 (this means of course, at the time of the match/angle etc), preferably without any kind of background in Japan or Mexico or wherever else you get your boners from. Lets try to keep it to mainstream US wrestling, WWE, WCW or TNA.

I dunno, talk wrestling with us without douching up a thread about how Bobby Eaton can still 'go' or something. Nobody here cares about Kinitsu Hyabushi Yamasako Geneshi Fujisara's legendary match against Bill from 1963, so talk wrestling with us that the majority of TPWW can relate to.

:wave:

#1-norm-fan
02-15-2012, 05:49 PM
:lol: Bobby Eaton is awesome

Anybody Thrilla
02-15-2012, 05:54 PM
DLVH's favorite WWE wrestlers are Tajiri, Taka Michinoku, Dick Togo, Sho Funaki, Kenzo Suzuki, and Jimmy Wang Yang who debuted his cowboy gimmick on the January 14th edition of Friday Night SmackDOWN! in 2007.

Swiss Ultimate
02-15-2012, 06:35 PM
Also Big Show, oddly enough.

Destor
02-15-2012, 07:17 PM
i support DLVH

St. Jimmy
02-15-2012, 07:18 PM
i support DLVH

Xero
02-15-2012, 07:22 PM
i support DLVH

Yes, but are you Pro Peep?

Destor
02-15-2012, 07:24 PM
does he post in this forum? if so he doesnt stand out in the slightest...prolly the other 47 christian avys around here

Xero
02-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Yeah, he has a Christian avatar. LOL.

Rammsteinmad
02-15-2012, 07:26 PM
Yes, but are you Pro Peep?

Knew I should have had that ©'d. :foc:

CSL
02-15-2012, 07:32 PM
does he post in this forum? if so he doesnt stand out in the slightest...prolly the other 47 christian avys around here

you weren't around for most of his posts/his most "active period", he's legit ridiculous

Destor
02-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Just wanna say a few things about this right fast:

Ok dude, seriously, I can't tell anymore if you're just purposely trolling us or think you're in some kinda elitist club or something, but come on, saying Bobby Eaton still has something to offer and Inoki vs Ali was the greatest moment in pro wrestling is kinda taking it far enough.

1. Inoki/Ali has every right to come up amongst people who are actually well studied in the history of wrestling as one of if not the biggest moments ever. A PRO WRESTLER BROKE THE LEG OF THE GREATEST FIGHTER IN THE WORLD FOR REAL IN HIS PRIME. i dont think i need to elaborate.

2. Bobby had a blood tranfusion 3 years back and is very crisp in the ring now. says he feels like he's 20 again, and looks it by the way he's working...that said he's ancient tho and that doesnt make money.

So let's talk about modern wrestling of the American variety. i stick to this on this board...otherwise you'd just have a convo with yourself...that or people being "elitist" over the fact they watch the most mainstream product out there...

love tpww but you know its true.

Destor
02-15-2012, 07:33 PM
you weren't around for most of his posts/his most "active period", he's legit ridiculous
like out of all the classic retards on this forum across the ages who would you compair him to?

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Dlvh is the man

CSL
02-15-2012, 07:42 PM
honestly, nobody I can think of off the top of my head. He's an entity of his own. Seems like a perfectly nice guy who would probably be a pretty good wrestling forum poster if he didn't mistake a thousand dates and names for any kind of actual knowledge or understanding of wrestling and wasn't so intent on making obscure references simply for the sake of making obscure references on a mostly "mainstream" following board. He's not a dick or anything, just quite grating.

Rammsteinmad
02-15-2012, 07:46 PM
CSL gets it.

I don't really have a problem with DLVH except he always goes on about Japanese or ancient wrestlers. I like the odd bit of Japanese or 1970's wrestling now and then, but jeez I've never seen the guy say anything about wrestling over the last ten years. CSL said it best:

He's not a dick or anything, just quite grating.

#1-norm-fan
02-15-2012, 07:51 PM
I think Bobby Eaton is great. He was a great wrestler. Crazy underrated. That being said, while I can't remember the exact context of that Bobby Eaton comment DLVH made, I do remember when I read it I instantly thought "Wow, really???" lol

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Simply because someone enjoys a more.. shall wesay esoteric l.. form of wrestling doesn't mean they should hide it from the forum. Keep being yrseld.man. the people who know or care will always love yr posts

Destor
02-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Simply because someone enjoys a more.. shall wesay esoteric l.. form of wrestling doesn't mean they should hide it from the forum. Keep being yrseld.man. the people who know or care will always love yr posts
nah...why have a convo with people about something they dont know about? i mean if it comes up then yeah go there....but otherwise whats the point?

Rammsteinmad
02-15-2012, 08:03 PM
I think Bobby Eaton is great. He was a great wrestler. Crazy underrated. That being said, while I can't remember the exact context of that Bobby Eaton comment DLVH made, I do remember when I read it I instantly thought "Wow, really???" lol

It was my thread, I was asking which wrestlers people thought from 'back in the day' (mainly meaning ECW and WCW during the Attitude Era) could 'still bring something to the table' today.

People being bought up mostly were the likes of Tajiri, Steve Corino, Mark Jindrak, Rob Van Dam etc. DLVH then went on to list people like Bobby Eaton, Marty Janetty, Brad Armstrong I think and someone else.

Anybody Thrilla
02-15-2012, 08:03 PM
From Clox, an endorsement is a death knell.

Rammsteinmad
02-15-2012, 08:05 PM
nah...why have a convo with people about something they dont know about? i mean if it comes up then yeah go there....but otherwise whats the point?

As I said above, I don't mind a bit of Japanese Wrestling or whatever, but the guy can be quite grating with it. I mean, if this is ALL he talks about, surely there's an internet forum somewhere especially designated for this kinda thing. TPWW is clearly centered around mainstream wrestling.

#1-norm-fan
02-15-2012, 08:07 PM
It was my thread, I was asking which wrestlers people thought from 'back in the day' (mainly meaning ECW and WCW during the Attitude Era) could 'still bring something to the table' today.

People being bought up mostly were the likes of Tajiri, Steve Corino, Mark Jindrak, Rob Van Dam etc. DLVH then went on to list people like Bobby Eaton, Marty Janetty, Brad Armstrong I think and someone else.

Yeah, that's just weird.

Rammsteinmad
02-15-2012, 08:09 PM
A typical DLVH post would appear like this:

"Who do you think is the single greatest professional wrestler of all time... Ever?!"

"Hulk Hogan... Hulk Hogan... Steve Austin... Hulk Hogan... Steve Austin... Steve Austin... Hulk Hogan... Kinitsu Hyabushi Yamasako Geneshi Fujisara... Steve Austin... Hulk Hogan"

It's kinda like "ok, we get it, you like Japanese wrestling from the 70's". :roll:

Destor
02-15-2012, 08:11 PM
A typical DLVH post would appear like this:

"Who do you think is the single greatest professional wrestler of all time... Ever?!"

"Hulk Hogan... Hulk Hogan... Steve Austin... Hulk Hogan... Steve Austin... Steve Austin... Hulk Hogan... Kinitsu Hyabushi Yamasako Geneshi Fujisara... Steve Austin... Hulk Hogan"

It's kinda like "ok, we get it, you like Japanese wrestling from the 70's". :roll:
i dont see anythign wrong with that really but ok.

Destor
02-15-2012, 08:12 PM

People being bought up mostly were the likes of Tajiri, Steve Corino, Mark Jindrak, Rob Van Dam etc. DLVH then went on to list people like Bobby Eaton, Marty Janetty, Brad Armstrong I think and someone else.yeah none of them would make a dime.

Destor
Cept RVD

CSL

these two posts kind of sum it up perfectly. #1-wwf-fan can appreciate Bobby Eaton's greatness but knows that doesn't mean he can be a top draw for Vince today (which was the DLVH post in question) and probably understands that any kind of "good", lengthy discussion about him on TPWW is probably going to be quite worthless because of the majority. Clox like DLVH simply believes that what he likes is "better" than what most of TPWW likes, that they "don't get it" and doesn't understand that when people call him a fucking idiot for using words like esoteric to describe his taste in wrestling that it actually has nothing to do with what he likes and everything to do with the way he goes about posting it.

Fignuts, thecc, WWKD and quite a few other posters have equally wide-ranging tastes covering certain styles and companies and probably actually understand more about wrestling than Clox ever will and people like those guys just fine. There's a reason for that.

DLVH84
02-15-2012, 08:15 PM
As far as modern American wrestling goes, I'd say Dolph Ziggler and CM Punk are the most consistent. They put on great matches, win or lose.

Rammsteinmad
02-15-2012, 08:16 PM
YES! This is what I'm talking about! Please share more!

DLVH84
02-15-2012, 08:22 PM
I believe WWE should focus more on wrestling, to tell you the truth.

And with Vince Russo finally gone, I hope TNA can improve.

Destor
02-15-2012, 08:24 PM
I believe WWE should focus more on wrestling, to tell you the truth.

And with Vince Russo finally gone, I hope TNA can improve.
there are so many issues in that company not named russo...long story short i wouldnt get excited.

Majunior
02-15-2012, 09:02 PM
there are so many issues in that company not named russo...long story short i wouldnt get excited.

It's still a step in the right direction. "The longest journey" and all that.

Funny thing, their Knockouts div. is excellent.

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't think Japanese wrestling is better, just more realistic in the ring, thus more entertaining to me. I understand that the story of WWE and the big moments are truly amazing and one of a kind there. This appealed to me much more when i was younger. However WWE is more than just nostalgia, when a name who i know can work goes to wwe, i don't dread it. I just think like most of us WWE was/is not as good as it was in the 90s and some say that is because of this or that blah blah, some would just look elsewhere and say, maybe if wwe had a bit of this or that.

dlvh is ust trying to expose people to something different. some people will always hate indie wrestling or japanese wrestling or brittish wrestling or american wrestling, for whatever reason. I think it's all equally great, i love pro wrestling. I would however like to see a more varied form of wrestling from the company that is called WORLD wrestling...

Destor
02-15-2012, 09:05 PM
It's still a step in the right direction. "The longest journey" and all that.

Funny thing, their Knockouts div. is excellent.
i think people give russo too much credit for the bad ideas that go throug that company.

and yes, the knock out division is very good. its the best you could hope for from mainstream womens wrestling, its something they've gotten right very consistantly.

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 09:07 PM
basically i love wwe, but I'd rather it have a little more variety. I fi hated wwe i'd want it to be more like TNA not ROH... if that makes sense.

In my expereince, and this could be contributed to any number of reasons, when i was a kid and i showed people wwe who hated wrestling, they still didn't like it. Now when i show ROH or a more realistic style match to people whether they like wwe or not, It seems like they really enjoy it. I have made this point many times, this does not mean i think its better, i just believe if given the proper format, it would draw.

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 09:10 PM
And before anybody says it, i'm not talking about wwe adopting fighting spirit for smaller guys or having 10 near falls per match after 20 head bumps. I'm saying more thought out in ring product with a wider variety of styles.

#1-norm-fan
02-15-2012, 09:11 PM
i think people give russo too much credit for the bad ideas that go throug that company.

and yes, the knock out division is very good. its the best you could hope for from mainstream womens wrestling, its something they've gotten right very consistantly.

Except when the knockouts title changed hands via a random lockbox being opened.

Destor
02-15-2012, 09:11 PM
i've made this statement many times: with the rise of mma wrestling has to go one of two ways 1. back to the cartoon style of the 80's fed stuff or 2. hyper realism showcasing that athleticism of the workers ala puro.

seeing as how over a long enough period of time the hyper realistic style in japan has fallen i think this leaves the cartoon stlye (that i hate) as the only logical progression of wrestling in this current market.

this saddens me.

Seth82
02-15-2012, 09:12 PM
I would rather watch 2 hrs of classic AJPW stuff then the shit on RAW

I think it's stupid that people like Ramm think less of you if you like something older

I could watch anything from the old territories over most of the shit out now

I do however like guys such as CM Punk and Steve Corino

Destor
02-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Except when the knockouts title changed hands via a random lockbox being opened.
:lol: they arent perfect

Destor
02-15-2012, 09:13 PM
And before anybody says it, i'm not talking about wwe adopting fighting spirit for smaller guys or having 10 near falls per match after 20 head bumps. I'm saying more thought out in ring product with a wider variety of styles.
people dislike falsies? then how is jericho so over on here?

Destor
02-15-2012, 09:13 PM
head drops i get to a degree.

Destor
02-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Seth82 is fantastic ftr

CSL
02-15-2012, 09:15 PM
I think it's stupid that people like Ramm think less of you if you like something older

after what has been written in this thread, it's quite baffling that you still came to this conclusion

#1-norm-fan
I love Raw. I think it can get by on skits and storyline development. Not focusing on great in ring action very often on free TV and instead building angles makes those great matches on PPV so worth it and not just 3 hour Raws that you're supposed to pay 40 bucks for.

CSL
EXTRA POST BECAUSE I APPARENTLY SOMEHOW QUOTED A POST AND POSTED IT AND I REFUSE TO DELETE IT BECAUSE I AM PARANOID ABOUT DELETING POSTS NOWADAYS

#1-norm-fan
02-15-2012, 09:16 PM
after what has been written in this thread, it's quite baffling that you still came to this conclusion

lol. Woah there... I did not write that...

Destor
02-15-2012, 09:17 PM
its says you did....gotta go with that

Destor
02-15-2012, 09:17 PM
quotes dont lie

#1-norm-fan
02-15-2012, 09:18 PM
lol. Am I having a stroke?

CSL
lol TPWW is fucking me in the ass here, I quoted a bit of Seth's post, replied and somehow it became #1-wwf-fan and then decided to quote/post the entire Seth post just after

I did not have relations with the reply button more than once

Seth82
Seth82 is fantastic ftr

thanks destor

you sir are one of the few around who enjoy the same type of wrestling

you're pretty cool as far as I've seen

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't think the hyper realistic stuff has fallen that much in Japan. It's just there hasn't been an evolution over there since the late 90s... just like here!

I mean Junior style would probably get over pretty welll on tv, as would puro, it doesn't matter what they do in the ring to the wwe marks, as long as the story is good, but to people who are curious puro would most def pull in more fans just for the.. WHAT IS THIS... IS THIS REAL?.. WAIT.. oh ok.. WOAHHAHH factor.

seriously that last line is how most people i know react to ROH/Puro

Destor
02-15-2012, 09:25 PM
I don't think the hyper realistic stuff has fallen that much in Japan. the gates are way down, its on a serious decline.

Indifferent Clox
people dislike falsies? then how is jericho so over on here?

seems like the thousand false finishes of ROH matches get lumped in with the no selling, million head bumps etc.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE hyper realistic ROH spotfests and the like and hours of chaining, but i was trying to cover my ass before i got trolled before saying i thought that should be on wwe.

Seth82
and to be honest I didn't read the entire thread

just skimmed it abit

I've always gotten the feeling though that alot of you guys thumb your noses and look down on japanese wrestling/classic territories

if it wasn't from the attitude era or newer then my golly it must be shit

educate yourselves on classic old school wrestling

hell I'll watch stuff from the 50's and 60's even

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Because they haven't evolved, as soon as the next big style comes through BOOOOOOM

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Yeah old school is where its at.

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 09:29 PM
those posts seem to contradict each other when in fact they are just multiple dimentions. both a square and a circle.. a cylander if you will.

Tanawesome
02-15-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm only aware of the mainstream stuff, so I can definitely appreciate the things that guys like DLVH and Seth82 are posting on here, whether it be something historical, from the Indy circuits or internationally.

Destor

just skimmed it abit

I've always gotten the feeling though that alot of you guys thumb your noses and look down on japanese wrestling/classic territories

:heart: you a lot right now. ive been here for years tho and have accpeted that they like what they like and im cool with it. *I* think they're missing out, but it doesnt affect anyone's enjoyment of wrestling (mine or theirs) so whatever.

outside of lucha there isnt any style i wont watch, it's like candy.

CSL

just skimmed it abit

and you do that because like DLVH, some people give you shit for (quite often) bringing these things up at the aforementioned most random times, whether or not they fit into whatever is being spoken about. The problem isn't what you're watching/liking, it's your attempt to shove it down people's throats in a place that clearly for the most part doesn't really care. And are you really giving people stick for the "my golly it must be shit" part when you just did the exact same thing on the previous page but in reverse?

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 09:31 PM
What happens is that people like Tanawesome get the raw end of the deal, because people like (whoever) troll the puro/indy fans.

Destor
02-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Because they haven't evolved, as soon as the next big style comes through BOOOOOOM
or they simply want something different than you/I/whomever does. its all subjective...doesnt make you part of the master race.

Seth82
02-15-2012, 09:34 PM
and you do that because like DLVH, some people give you shit for (quite often) bringing these things up at the aforementioned most random times, whether or not they fit into whatever is being spoken about. And are you really giving people stick for the "my golly it must be shit" part when you just did the exact same thing on the previous page but in reverse?

no not really

I do enjoy some things about the modern product

CM Punk is pretty much the greatest thing on RAW these days

I enjoy him and quite a few modern guys

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 09:37 PM
what... i didn't mean the japanese people havent evolved. I meant that the Last big style injection was junior, maybe hybrid... that was like early 90s late eighties. it didn't get to america till super 8 pretty much. and it's just now getting popular here. Japan had hardcore before we did, mexico had luchas, wwf/ wcw basically used those two styles to pad the showman style matches. Now all we have is the same genre matches for the most part.

Look at sin cara, the guy could obviously go, same with low ki, but they don't have enouhg people who can work various styles, they all come from fcw/ovw, and they are drones. no offense, i'm sure they love wreslting and work really hard, but they aren't moving the industry forward at all.

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 09:45 PM
How do you guys read threads? i often read it like first post to last, unless it's a subject i don't care much about.

Destor
02-15-2012, 09:47 PM
first i read posts that are mutliples of 3 follwed by posts that are multiples of 5 ( however never read posts 15,30,45,etc) then i read all prime post backward and then i read the first post if it wasnt a prime number, and finally i edit all the even numbered post to tell everyone how awesome i am.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2012, 09:49 PM
I feel like I should be contributing something to this thread, but anything I would have said has pretty much already been covered.

I enjoy wrestling. My tastes are broad. I like different aspects of different things. If you want to have narrow tastes, that's your choice. It doesn't hurt me any. And if you want to bash indy wrestling, or puro, go right ahead. As long as you actually use logic, I don't care. I'm just annoyed by people who blindly bash it despite having never really watched it.

Also, I need to find a site with good Dragon Gate coverage.

CSL
02-15-2012, 09:50 PM
exactly like Destor minus the editing because the fascists here still haven't made me wrestling forum mod despite the award winning job I've done in the MMA Forum (winner of Internet Zu Bulgaria magazine's Forum and Moderator of the Year 2011 awards)

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 09:50 PM
well you clearly missed my post where i never claimed to be part of the master race.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2012, 09:51 PM
I read the first 7 words of every other post. Then I think about kittens.

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Ok originally instead of saying how do you guys read threads, i was gonna say, 'destor did you not read what i wrote', but i felt like that was sorta whiny, so i just said a generic question which seemed random and is now leading to hilarity (cough) filled retorts.

CSL
02-15-2012, 09:56 PM
what the fuck are you talking about "hilarity (cough)", people like maths and kittens and incorporate it into their internet posting, get over it mate

Destor
02-15-2012, 09:57 PM
<IFRAME style="██████████ absolute; WIDTH: 10px; HEIGHT: 10px; TOP: -9999em" id=twttrHubFrame tabIndex=0 src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/hub.1329256447.html" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency scrolling=no></IFRAME>I read the first 7 words of every other post. Then I think about kittens.
your style has less math so is better...plus KITTENS :love:

http://staging.sneakattackmedia.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/funny-pictures-boss-cat-office-cubicle.jpg

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Seriously Clox. If you want to be a wrestling elitist, that's fine, but I'm drawing the line when you become a "post reading method" elitist.

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 09:59 PM
I think Kittens and math are for fat virgins who live in their parents basement

http://www.mattcutts.com/images/halloween-2007-small.jpg

Me

Destor
rededicated this thread

What Would Kevin Do?
http://www.untoldentertainment.com/blog/img/2009_08_17/lolCat.jpg

Destor
02-15-2012, 10:01 PM
http://www.untoldentertainment.com/blog/img/2009_08_17/lolCat.jpg
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/funny-pictures-cat-offers-fist.jpg

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2012, 10:02 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/funny-pictures-cat-offers-fist.jpg

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/2/13/a51e4675-ada1-4e25-9bfa-31c50a779cca.jpg

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Kevin you are abusing your mod privelges with yr recent actions, i'm going to have to ask you to stop that right meow.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Kevin you are abusing you're mod privelges with yr recent actions, i'm going to have to ask you to stop that right meow.

http://www.nathanmfarrugia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/funny-pictures-cat-threatens-to-edit-your-face.jpg

CSL
02-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Kevin you are abusing your mod privelges with yr recent actions, i'm going to have to ask you to stop that right meow.

legit lol'd

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 10:05 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1597123662030&id=d9258fed0b0d1f4e5a5a1f53eabb3f87&url=http%3a%2f%2fi.ytimg.com%2fvi%2fY9qKDwQYXFE%2f0.jpg

Destor
02-15-2012, 10:07 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/9/2/789a0ecb-b7d1-4096-8274-70ec5de79573.jpg

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2012, 10:09 PM
If there was a way for me to ban someone, and have the reason for the ban show up as an image of a cat, I would ban everyone.

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 10:09 PM
this thread has taken a turn for greatness.

Destor
02-15-2012, 10:11 PM
If there was a way for me to ban someone, and have the reason for the ban show up as an image of a cat, I would ban everyone.
i'd take a year just for the hell of it

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 10:12 PM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1617471081606&id=1f0657db4939eb2bd29b50845feb1759&url=http%3a%2f%2fimages1.fanpop.com%2fimages%2fimage_uploads%2fDistressed-Kitty-cats-1045242_400_322.jpg

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 10:13 PM
sorry i realize i'm killing the joke

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1575804800768&id=414e4a27e9df62270286c31a28df75fc&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.4tnz.com%2ffiles%2fvampire_cat.jpg

Destor
02-15-2012, 10:18 PM
sorry i realize i'm killing the joke

http://kumquatwriter.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/lolcat-death.jpg

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2012, 10:24 PM
I tried to find a "beating a dead horse" lolcat, but I could not.

Destor
02-15-2012, 10:25 PM
yeah, i settled. couldnt find the "get out of my threads" lolcat

Destor
02-15-2012, 10:25 PM
i did however find this:

http://kristinhoppe.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/lolcats-finish-him.jpg

Destor
02-15-2012, 10:26 PM
wish i had found this one sooner:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/183/923/Whywecanthavenice2.png?1318200747

:mad:

What Would Kevin Do?
02-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Okay, seriously, lets get back on topic. This issue is serious business.

http://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/lawyer_srsbsns.jpg

Destor
02-15-2012, 10:31 PM
:lol:

Destor
02-15-2012, 10:32 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/01/funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhite.jpg

but will comply

CSL
02-15-2012, 10:40 PM
http://www.oherrol.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/lolcat.jpg

Destor
02-15-2012, 10:44 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/427278_10151311694140515_796160514_23161653_1757302009_n.jpg

Captain of Fun
02-15-2012, 10:47 PM
I don't think the hyper realistic stuff has fallen that much in Japan. It's just there hasn't been an evolution over there since the late 90s... just like here!

I mean Junior style would probably get over pretty welll on tv, as would puro, it doesn't matter what they do in the ring to the wwe marks, as long as the story is good, but to people who are curious puro would most def pull in more fans just for the.. WHAT IS THIS... IS THIS REAL?.. WAIT.. oh ok.. WOAHHAHH factor.

seriously that last line is how most people i know react to ROH/Puro

No one would ever think a puro match is real, you fucking space cadet.

New Japan typically runs a Dome show once a year, and even then, can't even come close to filling the damn thing. Every other show is much, much smaller than even your typical Raw or Smackdown. Basically looks like impact.

It's very sad, seeing these companies that used to be juggernauts that put on shows for 50,000-100,000 people reduced to crowds the size of an ROH event.

I thought the death of pride, and the absence of any japanese MMA star worth a damn would jump start a re-interest in puro, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Mainly because like MMA, there is also an absence of any japanese puro star that's worth a damn. At least from a marketing standpoint.

Mutoh and Misiwa were pretty much the Rock and Austin of Japan, and just like WWE, there hasn't been another one like them since, and the product has suffered for it.

Captain of Fun
02-15-2012, 10:50 PM
It occurs to me, that I probably should have just called Clox a freak and moved on.

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 10:52 PM
I have had a chemical engineer ask me if a puro match was real.

#1-norm-fan
02-15-2012, 10:53 PM
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0903/deadcat-is-deeeeeeeeeeeeead-demotivational-poster-1237296619.jpg

CSL
02-15-2012, 10:54 PM
It occurs to me, that I probably should have just called Clox a freak and moved on.

but I'd never have been introduced to "you fucking space cadet" (laughed again typing that) had you done that and in my mind, what entertains me is paramount

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 10:54 PM
Also I was going to mention star power, but i thought that guy who is GHC champion was like the longest running champion since before kobashi, i thought he was pretty over.

CSL
02-15-2012, 10:55 PM
CM Punk is pretty over. He's not Steve Austin though.

Captain of Fun
02-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Also I was going to mention star power, but i thought that guy who is GHC champion was like the longest running champion since before kobashi, i thought he was pretty over.

Long title reigns don't mean anything. It is just one of those cases of using the title to get a guy over, instead of building him up properly. It was a rush job due to Noah having little to no heavyweights under the age of 40.

I think your chemical engineer friend has a chemical imbalance. That or he was just making fun of you.

Captain of Fun
02-15-2012, 11:09 PM
I do like how you specifically said he is a chemical engineer, as if to say "Look everyone! A really smart person thought puro was real!"

As if that makes the concept of a pro wrestling match looking real, any less ludicrous.

They are stiffer, but puro looks nothing like a real fight. Anyone who legit thinks otherwise, has had something living in their head, chewing on brain matter for at least a month.

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Depends on the match. I showed him Bobby fish v danielson, Sawa v danielson. Not really puro but still...

Indifferent Clox
02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
btw my dad is a chemical engineer and this was one of his friends.

#1-norm-fan
02-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Depends on the match. I showed him Bobby fish v danielson, Sawa v danielson. Not really puro but still...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/funny-pictures-cats-wait-by-fishing-boat.jpg

MoFo
02-15-2012, 11:14 PM
wtf is Bobby Eaton

Captain of Fun
02-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Puro

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N_MHC5-ojl4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Real fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaBqRDwJEQ8

Indifferent Clox
02-16-2012, 12:08 AM
Look people used to think it was all real. Jim cornette has that quote we've all heard about who's working who. Its not a giant leap for someone wholly unfamiliar with pro wrestling to see a very legit style and wonder if its real. He wasn't sure if it was pride or if it was pro wrestling. That's how good those matches were.

Wishbone
02-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Puro

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N_MHC5-ojl4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Real fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaBqRDwJEQ8

Ok I've seen very little Japanese prowrestling but that vid was actually really interesting to me. If someone wanted to start watching more of that style where would they look? Like what promotion is best etc.? And is there anywhere to watch it besides online in the USA like a cable channel or something?

Tazz Dan
02-16-2012, 01:36 AM
I think Kittens and math are for fat virgins who live in their parents basement

http://www.mattcutts.com/images/halloween-2007-small.jpg

Me

FourFifty?

KIRA
02-16-2012, 01:50 AM
I find it funny and odd that the original target of this thread has yet to post here

by page 3 I was wading through cat internet memes

Blitz
02-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Dunno why DLVH gets the hate he does. This is a forum that includes the likes of Providence Peep, Damninator, Guru Dave, and Savior, among others, and this guy gets shit on for liking puro a little too much? Come on lads.

Blitz
02-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Also, for Destor :heart:

http://52.imagebam.com/download/MLtJJHfKwwpEAYyr7PHVgw/17506/175056500/kungfukitty2.jpg

What Would Kevin Do?
02-16-2012, 02:24 AM
Nah, DLVH posted here.

Captain of Fun
02-16-2012, 02:27 AM
He posted here several times. Pay attention.

Rammsteinmad
02-16-2012, 04:55 AM
I don't think Japanese wrestling is better, just more realistic in the ring

You mean 8-year-old girls kicking a grown mans ass? Invisible wrestlers? Inflatable dolls pulling off moves?

Realism!

Rammsteinmad
02-16-2012, 05:02 AM
I'm not sure if I'm reading this thread right, but this isn't about bashing other styles of wrestling. I'm getting the impression from people like Destor and Seth that I'm being a douche because people watch Japanese wrestling and 'lol Japanese wrestling is shit'.

Allow to me clarify, as I've already done multiple times in this thread, that I don't mind a bit of Japanese wrestling. Or Indy wrestling. Or wrestling from the 1800's. (In fact, take it for what you will, but I'm a huge fan of Johnny Saint and Robbie Brookside).

My gripe, as CSL has consistantly explained perfectly, is that DLVH ALWAYS go on about it, to the point that he is shoving it down our throats. I'm not saying he can't talk about things he likes, but a lot of times he brings up all these old or foreign wrestlers in threads where it is completely out of context.

I remember someone did a thread once along of the lines of your generic 'who's your top five of all time', and DLVH went on to write a list of about 100 wrestlers, catagorizing them such as 'top 5 Japanese', 'top 5 Japanese from 1970', 'top 5 Mexicans who moved to Thailand' etc. Now and then it's ok, but when you see it in every post he makes...

And for anyone who thinks I'm a 'hater', I don't 'hate' DLVH for this... it's more of a :roll: thing.

Autobahn
02-16-2012, 05:28 AM
More lolcats plz.

Rammsteinmad
02-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Autobahn is now bahned from this thread. :mad:

Destor
02-16-2012, 07:38 AM
I find it funny and odd that the original target of this thread has yet to post here

by page 3 I was wading through cat internet memes

he posted in here

Destor
02-16-2012, 07:41 AM
Also, for Destor :heart:

http://52.imagebam.com/download/MLtJJHfKwwpEAYyr7PHVgw/17506/175056500/kungfukitty2.jpg

yesssssssssssssssssss. thats so going back in my profile

Destor
02-16-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm not sure if I'm reading this thread right, but this isn't about bashing other styles of wrestling. I'm getting the impression from people like Destor and Seth that I'm being a douche because people watch Japanese wrestling and 'lol Japanese wrestling is shit'.

Allow to me clarify, as I've already done multiple times in this thread, that I don't mind a bit of Japanese wrestling. Or Indy wrestling. Or wrestling from the 1800's. (In fact, take it for what you will, but I'm a huge fan of Johnny Saint and Robbie Brookside).

My gripe, as CSL has consistantly explained perfectly, is that DLVH ALWAYS go on about it, to the point that he is shoving it down our throats. I'm not saying he can't talk about things he likes, but a lot of times he brings up all these old or foreign wrestlers in threads where it is completely out of context.

I remember someone did a thread once along of the lines of your generic 'who's your top five of all time', and DLVH went on to write a list of about 100 wrestlers, catagorizing them such as 'top 5 Japanese', 'top 5 Japanese from 1970', 'top 5 Mexicans who moved to Thailand' etc. Now and then it's ok, but when you see it in every post he makes...

And for anyone who thinks I'm a 'hater', I don't 'hate' DLVH for this... it's more of a :roll: thing.

see when csl and the like give their examples i can see their point but your example to me is the perfect time to go there. you ask me greatest of all time puro IS going to be brought up and making list by periods is easier by a lot so i could see me doing that too. completely disagree with you.

Destor
02-16-2012, 07:47 AM
the wrong time would be like "hey who do you wanna see in the hof this year?" and then im like "JUMBO FOR SURE."

Yeah...shut up guy for real. but with your example your just wrong.

Skippord
02-16-2012, 07:53 AM
I don't like Japanese wrestling because I am a racist

fuck you guys

Corporate CockSnogger
02-16-2012, 08:20 AM
As much as the internet beats a dead horse with memes and makes them unbelievably unfunny within minutes of being created, I don't think I will ever get sick of seeing funny pictures of cats. Probably the internets greatest achievement.

KIRA
02-16-2012, 08:44 AM
he posted in here

my bad I missed him its time to replace my glasses

Captain of Fun
02-16-2012, 10:34 AM
the wrong time would be like "hey who do you wanna see in the hof this year?" and then im like "JUMBO FOR SURE."

Yeah...shut up guy for real. but with your example your just wrong.

That's not the best example either, with Inoki having already gone in.

NOT A FLAME JUST AN OBSERVATION

Also, I don't care when DLVH mentions puro out of context, because he just says one thing and moves on. He doesn't sit there and drone on and on about it in a single thread, like say, Jimmy with ROH.

Harmless really.

Indifferent Clox
02-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Hey wwkd. Should I help wishbone out?

Captain of Fun
02-16-2012, 10:36 AM

No. There's more than enough on youtube, for him to check out, and see if it's his thing.

What Would Kevin Do?
02-16-2012, 12:00 PM
You mean 8-year-old girls kicking a grown mans ass? Invisible wrestlers? Inflatable dolls pulling off moves?

Realism!

If you want to? Although a quick google or youtube search would work wonders.

XL
02-16-2012, 12:40 PM

Brookside and Saint are old, but not THAT old!

XL
02-16-2012, 12:43 PM
see when csl and the like give their examples i can see their point but your example to me is the perfect time to go there. you ask me greatest of all time puro IS going to be brought up and making list by periods is easier by a lot so i could see me doing that too. completely disagree with you.
Nah. When you're asked to name your "Top 5 All Time" it's not an excuse to list 50 names per country/region.

If anything it's showing off and nobody likes a show off. Except Doph Ziggler (for the benefit of DVLH, he's a current WWE superstar ;)), of course.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-16-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't think him having knowledge on wrestling that a lot of people don't tend to watch is what's annoying. It's more his wikipedia/DAMN iNATOR-esque explanations.

Thread: What is your favourite Bret Hart match?

DLVH: Bret Hart vs Henry Godwinn on Monday Night Raw 18th October at the Richfield Colliseum in Ohio in 1994 on a cold night. Barry Baker was the match official that day having previously taken a week off work due to a stomach virus, his referee shirt was untucked the entire match.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Or like, didn't he say something daft one time like his favourite Triple H match was a Terra Ryzing match, because Triple H could do a spinning heel kick back then?

#1-norm-fan
02-16-2012, 01:32 PM

Realism!

You know what I think every time I see stuff like that in a Japanese wrestling ring?

http://chzichcafterdark.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/funny-pictures-excuse-me.gif

Rammsteinmad
02-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah... shut up guy for real. but with your example your just wrong.

Nah. When you're asked to name your "Top 5 All Time" it's not an excuse to list 50 names per country/region.

If anything it's showing off and nobody likes a show off. Except Doph Ziggler (for the benefit of DVLH, he's a current WWE superstar ), of course.

Yeah this.

Destor I've never had a problem with you, and I still don't (I guess what is said in this thread stays in this thread), but I kinda feel like every argument you have will be the exact opposite of mine just because you feel I'm being a dick towards DLVH.

Despite the tone of my original post, I'm not really trying to be a prick towards him. I've already said somewhere in this thread that I don't really have a problem with him, but I'm just kinda 'calling him out' on all this.

Rammsteinmad
02-16-2012, 05:01 PM
I don't think him having knowledge on wrestling that a lot of people don't tend to watch is what's annoying. It's more his wikipedia/DAMN iNATOR-esque explanations.

Thread: What is your favourite Bret Hart match?

DLVH: Bret Hart vs Henry Godwinn on Monday Night Raw 18th October at the Richfield Colliseum in Ohio in 1994 on a cold night. Barry Baker was the match official that day having previously taken a week off work due to a stomach virus, his referee shirt was untucked the entire match.

Also this. :lol:

Destor
02-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah this.

Destor I've never had a problem with you, and I still don't (I guess what is said in this thread stays in this thread), but I kinda feel like every argument you have will be the exact opposite of mine just because you feel I'm being a dick towards DLVH.

Despite the tone of my original post, I'm not really trying to be a prick towards him. I've already said somewhere in this thread that I don't really have a problem with him, but I'm just kinda 'calling him out' on all this.
nothing to do with you being a dick, i just dont agree with you on this...as far as "stays in this thread" this is a discusion forum, not a circle jerk. we can totally disagree and the world not implode or me suddenly "hate you."

CSL
02-16-2012, 06:06 PM
I think you should fight tbh, only logical way to settle it

Destor
02-16-2012, 06:08 PM
I think you should fight tbh, only logical way to settle it
FAIR POINT LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT RAMM

http://www.docrafts.com/Content/Forum/Member/178756/funny-pictures-cat-challenges-you-to-a-fight.jpg

Indifferent Clox
02-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Shadows over hell! Panic attack! Chemical imbalance 2 and it is over!

Rammsteinmad
02-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Sorry Destor, I don't hit women.

Indifferent Clox
02-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Ramm you are clearly thinking of the German from bdk, the one you must fight is on the chain with the mask.

Destor
02-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Sorry Destor, I don't hit women.
http://www.selfhelpdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Laughing-lol-cat.jpg

#1-norm-fan
02-16-2012, 09:07 PM
http://www.docrafts.com/Content/Forum/Member/178756/funny-pictures-cat-challenges-you-to-a-fight.jpg

Batista cat making his entrance.

Autobahn
02-17-2012, 01:41 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/chek-out-mah-guns-pyow-pyow.jpg