PDA

View Full Version : Really Really

Aaronp43
02-25-2012, 12:23 AM
How in the world do you push Cody by making it look like he is going to be a duel champ and then put him with the big show? And then more likely then not have him job to the big show at WM?

Lock Jaw
02-25-2012, 12:31 AM
I don't remember any sort of dueling gimmick for Cody Rhodes. Though being a Duel Champ would be a pretty premium gimmick.

Mr. Pierre
02-25-2012, 12:35 AM
Big Show is awesome. Cody will benefit from this feud a lot more than Show.

Tom Guycott
02-25-2012, 01:41 AM
Here's how he can remain a threat to be a DUAL champion: he goes over Big Show. This makes him even more of a threat, because he can beat the fucking Big Show. Doesn't even have to be clean, just more than once.

The only issue I see with this is that Daniel Bryan has already weasled his way around championship matches with Show. How many more creative ways can it be done with a new feud so that it doesn't become "I already just saw that"? He's at a disadvantage without the mask (for some sort of KO) and dropping the Bagmen (getting help).

Maybe the writers have something up their sleeves.

#1-norm-fan
02-25-2012, 01:44 AM
I don't see how Cody feuding with a guy who has spent months in the world title picture is a step back...

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-25-2012, 01:53 AM
Cody won't job.

Captain of Fun
02-25-2012, 01:55 AM
Fuckin' muties.

#1-norm-fan
02-25-2012, 01:55 AM
I can't see Show as IC champion. Other than that I don't see why Cody wouldn't lose. Could go either way. And I don't think it would be a big deal if he did lose. Just being in a match with Show is good for his career.

Juan
02-25-2012, 02:58 AM
Complaining because something that was ALLUDED to by the commentators didn't happen. Brilliant

Wishbone
02-25-2012, 03:42 AM
What makes you think Cody's gonna job to Show? Even if he loses at Mania I don't see it really hurting him. Cody's red hot right now, and a feud with a maineventer like Bigshow can only help him in the long run.

Corporate CockSnogger
02-25-2012, 08:59 AM
A feud with one of the bigger names and veterans in the company, is regularly billed as The Largest Man in Sports Entertainment and has been involved in the World Title picture for months and months is a bad thing?

Also, a loss against The Big Show, or even anyone does not negate a push.

Hanso Amore
02-25-2012, 10:35 AM
Fuckin' muties.

The Horror...

Nicky Fives
02-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Cody BETTER NOT job.

corrected

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2012, 11:39 PM
I don't even think it'd be a bad thing for Cody to job. The kid is a heel -- he's meant to get people riled up and then get his ass handed to him as a pay-off. Rhodes going over would not exactly be a terrible thing, don't get me wrong, but the story has been "Show, you embarrass yourself at WrestleMania." It seems to be that the perfect closure to this would be Show knocking Rhodes out and ending Rhodes' epic Intercontinental Title reign.

Rhodes is so good at evolving his character that I would love to see what he'd be like without his title. You can easily segue from Rhodes losing to Show to Rhodes vs. Goldust to build up Rhodes some more. Show could then move into an Intercontinental Title program with, say, a heel Ezekiel Jackson managed by William Regal.

#1-norm-fan
02-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Cody losing the match after all the shit he's talked to Show about his WrestleMania failures seems like the way to go. I just can't picture Show as IC champ though. It would just be weird for some reason.

I'd kinda like to see it end up being a tag match with Cody getting help from Shaq as a way to hand Show another embarrassing celebrity loss at WrestleMania. Maybe Santino or someone for Show's partner. Seems like it would be a fun match.

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Show being the Intercontinental Champion would be pretty cool to me -- it's the only active title they have that he hasn't won. He'd be the second modern-era Grand Slam Champion after Edge.

#1-norm-fan
02-25-2012, 11:55 PM
You could even end it with Cody pissing off Shaq and Shaq turning on him. Shaq, Show and Santino all take turns hitting moves on Cody, crowd eats it up, Cody doesn't exactly look weak getting triple teamed by Santino and 2 giants and he gets "embarrassed" by a celebrity at WrestleMania just like he spent so much time making fun of Show for doing. Would be a great "cocky heel getting his comeuppance" story.

Mr. Nerfect
02-26-2012, 12:00 AM
You could even end it with Cody pissing off Shaq and Shaq turning on him. Shaq, Show and Santino all take turns hitting moves on Cody, crowd eats it up, Cody doesn't exactly look weak getting triple teamed by Santino and 2 giants and he gets "embarrassed" by a celebrity at WrestleMania just like he spent so much time making fun of Show for doing. Would be a great "cocky heel getting his comeuppance" story.

Perfect. That's the pay-off right there. :y:

But Big Show's partner should be Goldust. Santino can be in the Laurinaitis vs. Long tag match.

#1-norm-fan
02-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Yeah. Santino was just the first name I could think of that made sense. The ending would actually be more fitting with Goldust.

Mr. C
02-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Goldust is the best option in terms of story, even though he’s irrelevant at this point, and Big Show should be on Theodore Long’s team at WrestleMania. This way, Show can wrestle in a match carried by at least seven other wrestlers instead of the WWE relying on Cody Rhodes to carry Show one-on-one, and Long’s team gains credibility.

The only thing that’s confusing me right now is the fact that Shaquille O’Neal still looks to be doing some type of angle heading into WrestleMania. It’s more than likely going to include him working with Show.