PDA

View Full Version : Cobra

Aaronp43
02-26-2012, 01:21 AM
Ok with all the success Santino has had with the fans and some good match's lately do you see him having a world title run after WM? I would love to see in happen

Razzamajazz
02-26-2012, 01:36 AM
lol

OverTaker
02-26-2012, 01:59 AM
Believe it or not, I wanted him to win the 10 man battle royal on the last on Monday Night Raw.

MIZantine Empire
02-26-2012, 02:04 AM
dude is rediculously over..i could honestly see him winning money in the bank...and if that happens, they better wait until a chicago-boston-new york esque crowd to have him cash in, would make the moment an unforgettable one.

SlickyTrickyDamon
02-26-2012, 02:21 AM
Unforgettable cause Boston, New york or Chicago would riot.

Londoner
02-26-2012, 02:25 AM
Could see him maybe with a short 1 or 2 week title reign just to shock people, not any more than that.

voncouch
02-26-2012, 02:37 AM
Could see him maybe with a short 1 or 2 week title reign just to shock people, not any more than that.

I don't even see it like that. I see something like a Dusty Finish, where it looks like he won but the decision gets reversed. Or something like Jericho's first title win over HHH. Santino will always be the comic underdog, plain and simple.

Anybody Thrilla
02-26-2012, 03:04 AM
If you give Santino a World title, you might as well give him a pair of water skis and a shark to jump over. Absolutely nowhere to go from there.

St. Jimmy
02-26-2012, 03:53 AM
i feel like we just saw this storyline with Zack Ryder and the US Title.

Rammsteinmad
02-26-2012, 07:02 AM
Do WWE make Cobras? Kinda thought those sleeve things would make great merchandise but I never see anyone on screen wearing them.

Asmo
02-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Would definitely sell.

Did the WWE ever make 'official' sockos?

Jordan
02-26-2012, 09:13 AM
I made a socko

GD
02-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Not any sooner. Although I would love to see some decent character development for Santino in the near future.

Maybe the wrestlers can start calling on Santino's bullshit. The fact that he is Canadian and although he is of Italian ancestry, he is not from Italy. Santino's ends up being more obsessed with his gimmick and turns psychotic. Santino becomes heel and starts destroying wrestlers in the squared circle, making little kids cry in the process.

Jordan
02-26-2012, 09:31 AM
"Santino snaps"

Theo Dious
02-26-2012, 09:58 AM
http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/gallery/gi-joe-com-update/24_cobra.jpg

RVDmark
02-26-2012, 10:07 AM
If Rey Mysterio can be a WHC then Santino can too.

8 weeks consistent good booking could turn Santino (or anyone) into a legit threat.

Pintint
02-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Do not want. Never found Santino funny. Maybe if they gave him a "serious" gimmick, but then again, I dont think it can get over at this point.

Ruien
02-26-2012, 11:48 AM
You know the value the belts are gone when people start talking about giving one to Santino.

loopydate
02-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Mark Henry.

Anything can happen.

Londoner
02-26-2012, 11:57 AM
You know the value the belts are gone when people start talking about giving one to Santino.

Not really when they're booking him well and he's over, a week long title reign woudn't do any harm, or just one show, as a shock sort of thing, then he can just go back to what he was doing or turn heel and go crazy. Or whatever!

MIZantine Empire
02-26-2012, 12:11 PM
I made a socko
lol when i was in 7th grade i made a socko as well, and i wore it during my math test, pretending socko was giving me the answers. a week later my math teachers quote was "out of all the people in this class, the damn guy with the sock on his arm got the highest grade" lol

MIZantine Empire
02-26-2012, 12:14 PM
i dont get why people are saying this would be a bad thing..the underdogs win alot in other sporting avenues. and when it happens, its great tv, great for the sport, great for the fans etc. i mean look at last year, we had 3 people, well tecnically four i guess, win the world title that we would not have thought would ever win it, in christian, mark henry, and bryan, the 4th being ziggler. its all about how its booked.

Captain of Fun
02-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Mark Henry.

Anything can happen.

Horrid example.

Mark Henry is a walking fucking tank with an "I'm gonna rape you" expression permanently etched on his face.

It's a wonder he wasn't world champion years ago.

Wishbone
02-26-2012, 07:22 PM
I have to agree with Captain of Fun here. From a smark standpoint Henry would never or should never have been champ, but from a kayfab standpoint he's a perfect candidate.

Emperor Smeat
02-26-2012, 07:25 PM
On one hand, its not like either belt has any strong prestige these days and the MitB already proved to be a great way to give a test or a chance for lower tier wrestlers (ex. Swagger, Bryan).

On the other hand, he's going to need more than just the past couple of weeks worth of build to really grow a strong enough fanbase that will buy his merchandise since that is the key to becoming a top star. If he were to turn heel then at least a year's worth of build would be needed considering how well it worked out for the Miz and as of now for Ziggler.

BizarroKing
02-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Upon first glance i thought this was a G.I. Joe appreciation thread.

Also, Santino for WHC...if Swagger and Khali can be WHC, I don't see why Santino can't!

dingdongyo
02-26-2012, 10:33 PM

the value of the belts was gone when they started getting defended every goddamn week. they're like every other match.

santino getting close to the title was exciting and fun because it came out of nowhere. i want him to win. but the longer this goes, the less "out of nowhere" it feels and the less i care.

Maybe if they gave him a "serious" gimmick.

yeah, because a serious champion would be fresh. we seriously don't have enough of those. seriously.

Mr. Nerfect
02-27-2012, 06:07 AM
I think it would actually make for a refreshing moment. You put him against a monster heel no one gives him a chance against, and then some other babyface feuding with that heel gives Santino an opening and The Cobra Commander takes it. It'd be interesting to see how people take it. Could imagine a bizarre one-week spike in ratings just for the "WTF?" factor.

Sting Fan
02-27-2012, 06:16 AM
I could almost see a title match taken seriously(ish) being his moment, kind of like Jeff Hardy vs. Undertaker ladder match on Raw a few years back.

Have him come so damn close and win a little admiration from the hardass heel and see how you go. Or have him win it and drop it in one night, its happened to much bigger stars than him recently.

I think it would actually be good bragging for his character to have been the champ, or been oh so close that he can go around living on it like coming second in the Rumble.

Mr. Nerfect
02-29-2012, 03:30 AM
I would totally buy him as the United States Champion at this point. I love Swagger, but I've got no clue what he is doing with the title.

RVDmark
02-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Horrid example.

Mark Henry is a walking fucking tank with an "I'm gonna rape you" expression permanently etched on his face.

He has the look for sure, noone would argue against him being believable as champ. But he has a limited moveset because of his size and also because of his size few people can legitimately put a move on the guy without it looking fake as hell.

Its like wrapping yourself round a tree and saying you are choking it out. At the end of the day you know, and the tree knows, you aint hurting it one bit.

Jura
02-29-2012, 08:15 AM
<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkHpvMptEDo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tkHpvMptEDo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

James Diesel
02-29-2012, 05:58 PM
LOL Grisham: "SANTINO MAReerhhhhhhhhhhh..........!!!"

Nicky Fives
02-29-2012, 06:12 PM
I doubt it will happen, but I wouldn't be against it....The guy is mega-over and gets a bigger reaction than most of the roster every night.....I don;t buy him cleanly defeating a champion just yet, but if a champ were to get injured, I could buy him winning a 20-Man Battle Royal for the vacant strap a la Kurt Angle & Khali.....

loopydate
02-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Horrid example.

Now he is, yes. But he was portrayed as such a complete joke for the first 98% of his WWE career that if I'd told you 18 months ago that "Kool-Aid Man" Mark Henry would be not only a former World Champion, but the most credible heel in WWE in 2011, you'd have laughed in my face.

All I'm saying is, if creative gets behind a guy hard enough and that guy does the work to get himself over, ANYBODY can be a believable champion.

FourFifty
03-01-2012, 06:28 PM
I doubt it will happen, but I wouldn't be against it....The guy is mega-over and gets a bigger reaction than most of the roster every night.....I don;t buy him cleanly defeating a champion just yet, but if a champ were to get injured, I could buy him winning a 20-Man Battle Royal for the vacant strap a la Kurt Angle & Khali.....

You did NOT just compare Kurt Angle to Santino! No, you, did, NOT!

Seriously, the following people have a higher chance of being champion in that situation than Santino. Hell, let's make it the following 19 people for the 20 man battle royal.
Zack Ryder
Jack Swagger
Kane
Vince McMachon
Cary Grant
Hornswoggle
Captain Morgan
The Big O
El Generico
THE Fired Kenrick
Dolph Ziggler
Mick Foley
Spike Dudley
R-Truth
Jennifer Hudson's Boyfriend
Mark Henry & May Young's Hand Love Child (as it grew up to be the SmackDown fist)
Crossrine
Who ever does Cranky Vince on twitter
Rey Mysterio (before he's cleared to come back from his knee injury)

DLVH84
03-01-2012, 07:18 PM
The Cobra

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/c/cobra/01.jpg

CSL
03-01-2012, 08:59 PM
You did NOT just compare Kurt Angle to Santino! No, you, did, NOT!

No. He did not. But you made that abomination of a post.

FourFifty
03-01-2012, 09:11 PM
No. He did not. But you made that abomination of a post.

Perhaps I'm reaching here, but I'm pretty sure there's a connection. Saying Santino could win the same way as Ku-

You know what, fuck it. I'm not going to state my position in this thread. I'm no longer going to even entertain the idea of Santino having anything more than the a tag, IC, or US title. Someone already said it's pretty much a sad state of affairs when we talk about Santino as a major world Champion. I'm not going to dredge that title through this muck.

Mr. Nerfect
03-02-2012, 08:21 PM
He didn't compare Santino Marella to Kurt Angle, actually, FourFifty. He just said that he could buy him winning the title in the same way.

But Marella apparently reminded people of Kurt Angle when he was playing a bad-ass Russian submission master in OVW years back, though. Just saying.

Skippord
03-02-2012, 10:16 PM
I think Santino's debut is the only time he's been tolerable.

possibly because of Vince's stylish hat being involved

ace3025
03-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I honestly thought santino was going to win the chamber when he hit the cobra. I figured there would be some shenanigans on raw/SD by bryan and he would get it back. But it wasn't because I believe santino could be champ, it was just the way the match was done. So yeah, with correct booking and solid matches....santino could be champ.

On a side note..... Remember when a wrestler hit their finisher and it actually finished the match?!? What the Hell changed. A few months ago, mark Henry would hit the World Strongest Slam and the guy was dead. Now he hits it every match and its no more a finisher than the ultimo strike in "Smackdown here comes the pain"

Droford
03-03-2012, 12:00 PM
If you give Santino a World title, you might as well give him a pair of water skis and a shark to jump over. Absolutely nowhere to go from there.
Brodus Clay could come back and win the title.

Fox
03-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Santino hasn't been built strong enough to put the World Title on him. He's come close in a few situations, but he has never legitimately beaten or really even feuded against anyone of a World Title caliber. He doesn't look like a contender against anyone who has held the championship in the past 2 years. The underdog winning the world title only really works if the underdog has been made to look somewhat credible in his matches prior to the title victory (i.e. Mankind, Rey Mysterio, Jericho in 2000). Santino up against guys like Cena, Orton, Jericho, Punk, Del Rio, even The Miz, looks like a foregone conclusion.

Which sucks because Santino Marella is actually a decent wrestler. He just never gets to show it.

Mr. Nerfect
03-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Marella can be built up, though. I think it'll start post-Mania.