PDA

View Full Version : FAngels Top 25 Favorite Games of All Time

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Hello there and welcome to Fangels Top 25 Favorite Games of All Time.

Inspired by #1-wwf-fans Top 100 Matches, I set about creating this list of my most enjoyed games from the time I started playing video games on a Nintendo Entertainment System until now with my PC and Xbox360.

Over the next 24 days, I will reveal the games on the list until we get to my most enjoyed game of all time.

Here we go.

25-20

25) Grand Theft Auto IV
24) Left 4 Dead
23) Medal of Honor
22) Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
21) Aladdin
20) Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando

19-15
19) Crackdown
18) Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain
17) Pokemon (Red/Blue/Yellow)
16) Fable: The Lost Chapters
15) God of War

14-10

14) Age of Empires
13) Diablo II
12) Kingdom Hearts II
11) Goldeneye
10) Final Fantasy VII

9-5
9) Super Mario Brothers 3
8) Kingdom Hearts
7) Super Mario World
6) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
5) Red Dead Redemption

4-1

4) Final Fantasy: Tactics
3) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
1) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Grand Theft Auto IV was the first game I ever pre-ordered. At the time of release I was in Montreal for a concert and it awaited my return. After a few hours of gameplay I became frustrated with the cars handling and lack of speed. It seems to smother you, there was no open areas to explore just a massive concrete jungle and a main character I couldn't get attached to and the game was shelved for a long time.

Over the last few years, I have become fascinated with New York City and how it is portrayed as a sort of entity in movies and television shows. GTA IV was still laying unplayed in my stack of games and I thought maybe this game has more going for it then I first realized.

After a bit more time and several hours exploring the city I began to appreciate the setting much much more. This is what New York is supposed to feel like. A massive jungle of brown and grey. The only relief is a small gem in the city named Middle Park.

I truly believed I stumbled onto something special in this game as you are playing as an immigrant to America seeking the dream with promises of riches and glory but finding a desolate lifestyle and a city underworld full of corruption and violence.

It is amazing as you watch Niko attempt to adapt to American culture while fighting himself with the morals of what he is doing. Some say the story is weak and Niko himself a cardboard protagonist. That may be true, the story may lack any buildup to its climax and Niko seems one dimensional at times.

However look at it from the perspective of an immigrant, betrayed by someone he considered a friend. Coming to the land of opportunity and the greatest city in the world to escape his former life and is met with circumstances that force him back into doing the only thing that he has ever known.

Put that together with the incredible detail and scale GTA IV has to offer and it changed my opinion vastly from the frustrating throwaway I thought the game was.

OssMan
03-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Fuck you

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 12:19 PM
:y:

Requiem
03-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Looking forward to everyone else's tears in this thread. Good form, FA. :cool:

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 02:25 PM
The next game I know a lot of people have enjoyed so I have my doubts ill get too flamed if at all.

OssMan
03-04-2012, 03:39 PM
24. Final Fantasy X-2

http://socksmakepeoplesexy.net/images/ff102/gullwings.gif

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Quite clearly.

RoXer
03-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Post them faster so this isn't dragged out for a whole month.

I barely give a shit in the first place and if this thread is going to be near the top every day for the next month than it's going to make me hate you

#BROKEN Hasney
03-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Post them faster so this isn't dragged out for a whole month.

I barely give a shit in the first place and if this thread is going to be near the top every day for the next month than it's going to make me hate you

Pretty much. If Ossman hadn't saved the thread, I'd already be terribly annoyed.

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Deal with it.

RoXer
03-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Close the thread

#BROKEN Hasney
03-04-2012, 04:11 PM
23. Beat em and Eat em

http://www.atarimania.com/2600/screens/beat_em_and_eat_em.gif

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Think ill do this once every two days now.

Kane Knight
03-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Wow. Shitty idea.

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Wow. Shitty idea.

So was your parents decision to have you but we've all learned to deal with it.

Kane Knight
03-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Says the guy who jerked off in his mom's sheets because she got him the wrong kind of hot pockets.

Requiem
03-04-2012, 04:43 PM
How delightfully on cue!

El Fangel
03-04-2012, 04:46 PM
Says the guy who jerked off in his mom's sheets because she got him the wrong kind of hot pockets.

*pizza pops.

Kane Knight
03-04-2012, 04:50 PM
*pizza pops.

I stand corrected. :o

OssMan
03-04-2012, 04:50 PM
The ersatz colts fans have banded together

#BROKEN Hasney
03-04-2012, 04:59 PM
How delightfully on cue!

I thought what needed to be on cue would be multiple paragraphs on why we should care.

My b.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Can't be bothered findig an Impact thread.

Why is Bully Ray demanding I look at his calves?

Kane Knight
03-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Can't be bothered findig an Impact thread.

Why is Bully Ray demanding I look at his calves?

Because his thighs are fat.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-04-2012, 05:04 PM
They're actually pretty toned these days. I was quite shocked.

And they're going to get "bigger and bigger".

If he hadn't said calves, I'd have thought I wondered onto a solo gay cam show.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Again.

Kane Knight
03-04-2012, 05:05 PM
They're actually pretty toned these days. I was quite shocked.

And they're going to get "bigger and bigger".

If he hadn't said calves, I'd have thought I wondered onto a solo gay cam show.

It's TNA. You kinda did.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Sting tweeted that he was done a couple of weeks back. But he meant done with someone's shit instead of leaving wrestling.

What a twist!

CSL
03-04-2012, 05:09 PM
you wanna see my calves. or at least the right one in the right light.

CSL
03-04-2012, 05:10 PM
I mean the right one as in the one on my right leg, not "the right one" like I have a blessed holy calf or something

#BROKEN Hasney
03-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Even when I was a fat bastard kid, I walked everywhere as fast as possible like a beast and had amazing calves that defied the entire rest of my body.

Extreme Angle
03-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Nice summary guy :y:, I completed GTA4 and thought it was great, was shitty that you got zero rewards for doing side missions though, that IMO was it'd biggest flaw.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Calves is a nice link into number 22. The videogames hero that would probably have the most defined ones compared to the rest of his body. It's Sonic The Hedgehog!

http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/055/Purple/50/44/79/mzl.klwqhklw.320x480-75.jpg

Kane Knight
03-04-2012, 05:22 PM
you wanna see my calves. or at least the right one in the right light.

Oh baby.

Kane Knight
03-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Hasney, will you show me your calves?

Skippord
03-04-2012, 06:25 PM
I mean the right one as in the one on my right leg, not "the right one" like I have a blessed holy calf or something
like Mooby?

#BROKEN Hasney
03-04-2012, 06:26 PM
I doubt the TPWW servers could cope with the traffic demand after such a wonderful picture of calves.

Kane Knight
03-04-2012, 06:35 PM
I doubt the TPWW servers could cope with the traffic demand after such a wonderful picture of calves.

You're right. The server cries like a Sascha when three more people hop online. The thousands you'd bring in would force it to suicide.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-04-2012, 06:37 PM
I'll put the picture up on the servers of THQ's next game. Their servers are as smooth as butter so there'll be no issue there!

Kane Knight
03-04-2012, 06:45 PM
I'll put the picture up on the servers of THQ's next game. Their servers are as smooth as butter so there'll be no issue there!

Put it on the NExt AssCreed game's server.

Kill two birds with one stone.

OssMan
03-05-2012, 01:31 AM
21. Madden 2010

http://phinphanatic.com/files/2009/07/madden2010.jpg

For acquainting me with the rules of football

#BROKEN Hasney
03-05-2012, 02:12 AM
20. RapeLay

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6a/Rapelay.jpg

For teaching me (Fallen Angel) how to force myself on women.

Skippord
03-05-2012, 04:14 AM
Rape Lays are easily the worst kind

El Fangel
03-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Left 4 Dead. Something about laying the smackethdown on hordes of grotesque zombies this game was fun right from the start for me.

I originally played by myself several times and that just isn't what this game is about at all. The truly great times occur when you are playing with a friend or two. A bit of strategy and planning and you are ripping through the hordes like a hot knife through butter.

Of course there is The Witch, who doesn't take too kindly to being disturbed and after the initial "oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, shiiiiiiiittttt".of disturbing her you learn fairly fast not to disturb her if you can help it.

Overall an excellent multiplayer game and a solid single player one.

Grabbin' pills

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Left 4 Dead. Something about laying the smackethdown on hordes of grotesque zombies this game was fun right from the start for me.

I originally played by myself several times and that just isn't what this game is about at all. The truly great times occur when you are playing with a friend or two. A bit of strategy and planning and you are ripping through the hordes like a hot knife through butter.

Of course there is The Witch, who doesn't take too kindly to being disturbed and after the initial "oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, shiiiiiiiittttt".of disturbing her you learn fairly fast not to disturb her if you can help it.

Overall an excellent multiplayer game and a solid single player one.

Grabbin' pills

So that would be #19, right?

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 08:33 AM
20. RapeLay

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6a/Rapelay.jpg

For teaching me (Fallen Angel) how to force myself on women.

the game that finally got him in a relationship.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-05-2012, 08:46 AM
18 Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

A game so fantastic I sold it and re-bought it 218743189781903 times just to support the developers!

#BROKEN Hasney
03-05-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm glad we're rifling through these. Suspense of only doing one over a set period of time only works when someone actually gives a shit and looks forward to the next entry.

El Fangel
03-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Probably should give this up really, I mean talking about and discussing good video games in the video game forum was probably a stupid idea from the start.

Probably should though. Won't however. For the few people who are bothering to read it, I intend on finishing it.

#BROKEN Hasney
03-05-2012, 10:21 AM
What, you don't see the overwhelming arrogance in this? You've not invited discussion, anyone else's list or anything like that. You've just said here are my games and then lengthened it out arbitrarily over several days assuming people would give a damn or want it to be pushed up to the top every day for the best part of a month.

Blue Demon
03-05-2012, 10:29 AM
I am going to contribute to this thread in no way what so ever. I am just typing a useless post, although I think that maybe that describes most of them since they are nothing but calling Kane Knight a bitch anyway, so yeah. I think I need to change that. More quality posts on the way, although I'll still make fun of Kane knight. That goes without saying, he's a bitch.

El Fangel
03-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Discussing each game I reveal is open to anyone, whether they choose to do is other peoples prerogative. And forgive me if I'm wrong, but RoXer didn't get this sort of response from you when his thread was near the top daily in his arrogance of thinking people cared what he looked lik.

I have enough respect not to go into and trash your threads and your fun needlessly. So kindly fuck off and find someone who does.

OssMan
03-05-2012, 11:00 AM
RoXer's thread was created to be interactive, it was "Guess Which Dude RoXer Is" not "I will reveal a picture of a dude each day for 100 days and I might be one of them"

El Fangel
03-05-2012, 11:04 AM
RoXer's thread was created to be interactive, it was "Guess Which Dude RoXer Is" not "I will reveal a picture of a dude each day for 100 days and I might be one of them"

Alright, fair enough. Perhaps what ill do is do a small writeup and edit the original post for all the games instead of one a day. That way they can still be discussed but unlikely to be dragged out for three more weeks.

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 02:05 PM
18 Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

A game so fantastic I sold it and re-bought it 218743189781903 times just to support the developers!

Don't forget, he snapped most of those discs in half so they couldn't benefit the used market.

I mean <s>talking about and discussing good video games</s>treating my own tastes in video games as some laudible affair in <s>the video game forum</s> any place other than my blog on Myspace was <s>probably</s> definitely a stupid idea from the start.

I mean, the prior was a pretty big lie. Nobody's bitching about game threads that weren't created by some halfwit lauding his own choices with no further merit.

But hey, par for the course.

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I am going to contribute to this thread in no way what so ever. I am just typing a useless post, although I think that maybe that describes most of them since they are nothing but calling Kane Knight a bitch anyway, so yeah. I think I need to change that. More quality posts on the way, although I'll still make fun of Kane knight. That goes without saying, he's a bitch.

Oh my god, I can't believe you're still on this! I went to a meeting, came back and you're still talking about it even though I've clearly let it drops (despite making this post) I'm going to to totally drop it now (and post later anyway), so you should totally do it too.

El Fangel
03-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Don't forget, he snapped most of those discs in half so they couldn't benefit the used market.

I mean, the prior was a pretty big lie. Nobody's bitching about game threads that weren't created by some halfwit lauding his own choices with no further merit.

But hey, par for the course.

Cute.

Kane Knight
03-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Oh my god, I can't believe you're still on this! I went to a meeting, came back and you're still talking about it even though I've clearly let it drops (despite making this post) I'm going to to totally drop it now (and post later anyway), so you should totally do it too.

Skippord
03-06-2012, 04:28 AM
I really want to play that RapeLay game you guys

Kapoutman
03-06-2012, 10:01 PM
I will tolerate the thread if you promise me that Goldeneye is somewhere in there.

El Fangel
03-06-2012, 10:16 PM
I will tolerate the thread if you promise me that Goldeneye is somewhere in there.

;)

El Fangel
03-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Medal Of Honor

I think was one of the very first shooters I completed. I think to this day I can remember the first few levels and I have not played the game in several years if not almost a decade.

Multiplayer, I was king at. No one in my friends group managed to beat me three times in a row and I would often take them on with a shotgun while they were firing rockets at me.

Miss this short of game, had alot of fun playing it and probably played through several dozen times.

Blue Demon
03-06-2012, 10:24 PM

#BROKEN Hasney
03-07-2012, 02:32 AM
16. The Game Of Life

http://www.boardgamebeast.com/images/lifepc1.jpg

After I (Fallen Angel) broke the board after losing on the original, I got this PC game and was not disappointed. Instead of spinning a wheel and inserting pins to cars LIKE A CHUMP, I destroyed anyone who dared challenge me at this.

I have no proof to back up this claim, but since this whole topic is to boost my ego, I may as well brag about my prowess in old games too. BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT I DO. AND WHAT I DO IS THE GAME OF LIFE.

Until I broke my first PC the ONE TIME I lost. Unreal how flimsy those P133's were when dropped out of a 5 story window.

El Fangel
03-07-2012, 05:37 AM
I was actually going to do up to 20 last night and avast caused my comp to restart midway through.

Ogen
03-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Oh no :(

El Fangel
03-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Have the entire list up now. Feel free to rip it to shreds. Though Id like to ask if there are any you wouldn't have expected.