PDA

View Full Version : MVP

Krimzon7
03-05-2012, 07:14 AM
So I just listened to the video on the front page where MVP comes clean about his criminal past. It was a very interesting interview conducted by Colt Cabana. I was really a fan of this guy, and it sucks that the guy got a huge rub from Benoit(as it kinda seems like he was depushed because of it). I love that he uses the cross face as tribute. So post you're thoughts, and let's discuss MVP.

RP
03-05-2012, 07:27 AM
Is he still in Wwf?

Krimzon7
03-05-2012, 08:05 AM
I believe so...he is very passionate about the ibis.

He's not int the WWE, he's touring the world

Tommy Gunn
03-05-2012, 09:46 AM
He was my favourite wrestler, from his first big PPV match against Kane in an Inferno match, to his amazing feud with Matt Hardy, and then winning a 2/3 falls match against Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania, the dude was absolutely on fire.

The depushing was pretty bad, I don't know if it was because he caused trouble at a drugs test, or because the WWE didn't want to push a man with a criminal record in the PG era, but it really was WWE's loss.

He pretty much dominated the Smackdown mid-card in 2007.

http://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/MVP-11.jpg

Nicky Fives
03-05-2012, 10:12 AM
He was great.... personality, charisma, evoked emotion and he was pretty good in the ring..... He could have fit perfectly in the PG era, as in he could play the role of "you can make mistakes, but you have to pay for them, then turn out to be whatever you want"

Innovator
03-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Frustrating to see MVP get lost on RAW when he should have been so much higher up than he was.

Iop
03-05-2012, 11:13 AM
I think they shouldve changed his name to "MP3" and had him be the most musical wrestler of all time.

XCaliber
03-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Wouldn't be suprised in the least if he came back to WWE and got the push he deserved it all went downhill when he was traded to RAW and went up against Orton was never the same after that.

Cool King
03-05-2012, 11:51 AM
The depushing was pretty bad, I don't know if it was because he caused trouble at a drugs test, or because the WWE didn't want to push a man with a criminal record in the PG era, but it really was WWE's loss.

I remember reading that MVP was getting a random drug test while in WWE and he got snappy and took the piss out of one of the guys administering the test and his choice of career and said something along the lines of "You went to medical school for 11 years, just to watch men piss in a cup?".

Maybe the guy complained about MVP and he got punished for it?

DLVH84
03-05-2012, 12:09 PM
I remember reading about that years ago.

GD
03-05-2012, 01:03 PM
He had a very horrible losing streak on smackdown too. He did win the United States strap afterwards but he was never the same. I always believed that his tag team association with Mark Henry could have been much more than just two black wrestlers put together.

It's good to see that he is living his dream of wrestling in Japan.

DLVH84
03-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Yeah, he's doing very well in Japan. Even becoming the first-ever IWGP Intercontinental Champion.

BollywoodSingh
03-05-2012, 05:03 PM
How much money do you think MVP is making in Japan?

Xero
03-05-2012, 05:05 PM
I enjoy your sig.

Rammsteinmad
03-05-2012, 05:10 PM
I liked him and he definitely had the ability, charisma, gimmick and mic skills to make a decent run at main event level. Sadly age wasn't on his side, as I don't see him ever coming back to WWE now. (Too lazy to check it up, but isn't he like, 40 or something? I remember him being pretty old for a 'newcomer').

Cool King
03-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I checked him out and he's 38.

Also, I found out that his name has been Hassan Hamin Assad ever since he converted to Islam when he was in prison.

Rammsteinmad
03-05-2012, 05:34 PM
So no chance we'll see him in WWE now.

XL
03-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Dunno. He's not THAT old. And he's only been going for 10 years so his body probably isn't as banged up as many 40 year olds tend to be.

Scottness89
03-05-2012, 06:10 PM
WWE really dropped the ball on him.

XL
03-05-2012, 06:32 PM
He was my favourite wrestler, from his first big PPV match against Kane in an Inferno match, to his amazing feud with Matt Hardy, and then winning a 2/3 falls match against Chris Benoit at Wrestlemania, the dude was absolutely on fire.

He pretty much dominated the Smackdown mid-card in 2007.

http://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/MVP-11.jpg
Benoit v MVP wasn't a 2-out-of-3 Falls at Mania (and MVP didn't win the title there). The 2/3 Match was two months later at Judgment Day.

DLVH84
03-05-2012, 07:15 PM
How much money do you think MVP is making in Japan?

In Japan, wrestlers make a decent amount. In the old days, they get paid per tour. So, I believe he's getting paid handsomely.

Krimzon7
03-05-2012, 09:06 PM
I enjoy your sig.

I'm your Stevie janikowski bro

Krimzon7
03-05-2012, 09:07 PM
TBH the only reason I watch mark Henry is because hit attire evokes memories of MVP

Rollermacka
03-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Benoit v MVP wasn't a 2-out-of-3 Falls at Mania (and MVP didn't win
the title there). The 2/3 Match was two months later at Judgment Day.

I did really like his series of matches with "he who shall remain nameless". I kinda got the feeling though that the only real reason he held the title for so long after was because.... well because he won it from "he who shall remain nameless"

TBH the only reason I watch mark Henry is because hit attire evokes memories of MVP

Wasn't Mark and MVP a tag team for alittle while? I thought he was a good fit as the "leader" of a tag team. Unfortunately, there is no real long term tag division in WWE :(

Side note, he has some great matches in Japan. Check out his matches with Masato Tanaka (yes, Masato is still going strong in Japan)

Mr. Nerfect
03-10-2012, 01:03 AM
I always liked MVP. There were times when he seemed like a sure deal to transition seamlessly into the main event. Sadly, he got lost really badly on RAW. They took away everything about the gimmick that made him MVP. I'd love to see a comeback of sorts, even if it was only for a few months.

#1-norm-fan
03-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Sadly, he got lost really badly on RAW.

This seems like a sentence that goes through my head way to often. Fucking Raw.