PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers for this weeks Smackdown wrestling television show

Juan
03-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Dark Match:

* Xavier Woods defeated Hunico

WWE Smackdown

* Lilian Garcia kicked off SmackDown with a look back at the United States Title win by Santino Marella on RAW. There's a cage hanging above the ring.

* The cage is lowered and out comes David Otunga and John Laurinaitis. Laurinaitis announces Santino vs. Swagger for the US Title in the cage.

* Santino Marella retained the US Title against Jack Swagger in the cage. Dolph Ziggler tried to interfere but caught a pair of Cobras from Santino. Santino escaped the cage to win after Vickie Guerrero accidentally hit Swagger with the cage door.

* Backstage segment with Teddy Long begging John Laurinaitis to cancel Aksana vs. Kane but he won't. Ace then makes Long vs. Laurinaitis for later with the winner deciding if Kane vs. Aksana happens.

* Drew McIntyre comes to the ring and John Laurinaitis has given him a shot at getting his job back. His mystery opponent is The Great Khali. David Otunga comes out instead and reveals Drew's new opponent.

* Drew McIntyre beat Hornswoggle to earn his job back.

* Mark Henry defeated Ezekiel Jackson.

* Teddy Long beat John Laurinaitis, who was wearing black shoes and black spandex under his track suit. Laurinaitis started the match by telling Long to lay down for him. Kane came out but Randy Orton attacked him with an RKO on the floor. Out of all this Teddy rolled Laurinaitis up for the win.

* Kofi Kingston and R-Truth beat Epico and Primo in a non-title match.

* Michael Cole brought Sheamus and Daniel Bryan out to the ring for a segment. AJ Lee came out with Bryan and at one point he yelled at her and told her to shut up when she tried to talk. Cody Rhodes came out to pick on Big Show's WrestleMania history some more. Show came out as did The Miz and Randy Orton so we have a six-man match.

* Big Show, Randy Orton and Sheamus beat Cody Rhodes, The Miz and Daniel Bryan. Kane came out after the match and brawled into the crowd with Orton. They fought back to the ring and Orton countered a chokeslam with an RKO to end the show.

VSG
03-06-2012, 10:55 PM
I am glad they are going SOMEWHERE with McIntyre.

#1-norm-fan
03-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Realistically, Long should just fire him again next week. Hopefully they actually do something creative with the whole thing. Also, Santino keeping the title. Awesome. Didn't think he was going to.

Skippord
03-06-2012, 11:59 PM
hope Santino gets a Zack Ryder push

as in a push off the stage, Boom

#1-norm-fan
03-07-2012, 12:07 AM
HEYOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lock Jaw
03-07-2012, 12:39 AM
I owe somebody some rupees.

KaosDarksol
03-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Santino deserves his push everything else was predictable

Dukelorange
03-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Where is Ryder going from here?

ClockShot
03-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Yikes.

Glad I didn't go to this.

#1-norm-fan
03-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Unless the six man was just an amazing match (I'd assume it was just a standard main event tag match and that the ONE guy without a WrestleMania match predictably took the pinfall) then it seems like the cage match should have ended the show. Seems like it was probably the feel good, go home moment.

ClockShot
03-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Unless the six man was just an amazing match (I'd assume it was just a standard main event tag match and that the ONE guy without a WrestleMania match predictably took the pinfall) then it seems like the cage match should have ended the show. Seems like it was probably the feel good, go home moment.

Local advertising had it billed as a 6-man tag street fight. I think Mark Henry was supposed to go, but it looks like Miz took his place.

Unless there's another report around the net, I assume it was less street and more fight.

Jura
03-07-2012, 08:33 PM
RKOwned

Providence Peep
03-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Kane came out after the match and brawled into the crowd with Orton.

This was incredibly awesome and happened just a few inches away from me, making the shows one of the best I've ever attended.

P.S.: I'm back, bitch.

Poit
03-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Cole & Matthews were talking about Booker T bingo. :lol:

DLVH84
03-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Teddy Long is a fair GM, as he doesn't really get involved in anything, unless it's something major (i.e. contract signing, making matches, etc.).

Johnny Ace, on the other hand, is obsessed with power, corrupt, and wanting hog the spotlight, due to the lack of it as a wrestler.

So there's a real contrast between the two. And if they do have a match at WrestleMania with their own teams, I hope Long's team win, as he is the honest and fair GM out of the two.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Go to hell you filthy gobshite. John Laurinaitis is a better man than you could ever hope to be.

DLVH84
03-09-2012, 08:10 PM
He's a failure as a wrestler compared to his older brother and yet, he always gets his pushes and position of power by screwing the bosses' wives. I wouldn't be surprised, if Triple H's kids are not really his.

Corporate CockSnogger
03-09-2012, 08:17 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if you were a filthy gobshite.

Rammsteinmad
03-09-2012, 08:25 PM
He's a failure as a wrestler compared to his older brother and yet, he always gets his pushes and position of power by screwing the bosses' wives. I wouldn't be surprised, if Triple H's kids are not really his.

Ok your first comment was über Markish, but where is all THIS coming from? Screwing the bosses wife? Maybe Johnny Ace wasn't quite HBK in the ring, but what does that have to do with his backstage attributes?

Mark. :p

Emperor Smeat
03-09-2012, 08:44 PM
So was the report of Drew McIntrye having a flamboyant playboy gimmick just a 1 time appearance at a house show?

Also surprised the WWE didn't blur out Hornswoggle's ass considering how long it was visible on tv from all the slams done by Drew.

Cool King
03-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Teddy Long is a fair GM, as he doesn't really get involved in anything, unless it's something major (i.e. contract signing, making matches, etc.).

Johnny Ace, on the other hand, is obsessed with power, corrupt, and wanting hog the spotlight, due to the lack of it as a wrestler.

So there's a real contrast between the two. And if they do have a match at WrestleMania with their own teams, I hope Long's team win, as he is the honest and fair GM out of the two.

Personally, I find Big Johnny far more entertaining to watch. Teddy Long is absolutely boring and stale. He's just really predictable.

*conflict between superstars/superstar ranting*
*♫ You know its the MacMilitant ♫ *

From there, it can take three routes.

Route 1
Long: You two can't settle your differences. So you'll have a match tonight!

Route 2
Long: There just happens to be four of you out here. TAG TEAM MATCH!

Route 3
Long: I don't like what you've said/done. You're going to face SHEAMUS! (Previously it was DA UNDAHTAKA!)

Big Johnny isn't predictable, he's very entertaining and you get a few laughs from him too. Also, character wise, so far, Laurinaitis has actually been the fairer GM.

Long gives Santino a US Title shot on Raw. But why? Like Cole says, Santino has done nothing to earn that shot. He's not had a number one contenders match or anything like that. The only reason he got the title shot was because he's Long's assistant.

On SmackDown, Big Johnny tried to rectify that by having a US Title match between Santino and Swagger, but also made it a cage match to entertain the fans and to be different.

Also, because he is Mr. Excitement. :y:

Which reminds me....

Cool King
03-09-2012, 11:31 PM
<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left" scrollamount="15">http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5579/41977810150611339286443.jpg</marquee>
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5579/41977810150611339286443.jpg
<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" scrollamount="15">http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5579/41977810150611339286443.jpg</marquee>

Lock Jaw
03-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Turn that frown up-side-down!

Lock Jaw
03-09-2012, 11:47 PM
<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="left" scrollamount="15">http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/41977810150611339286443.png</marquee>
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/41977810150611339286443.png
<marquee behavior="scroll" direction="right" scrollamount="15">http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q223/Trrrath/41977810150611339286443.png</marquee>

Skippord
03-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Sheamus got a little creepy with the catholic school girl thing about AJ

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Drew McIntyre really impressed me on the mic this week.

Mr. Nerfect
03-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Also, Daniel Bryan's heel shtick is just getting better and better. He should be the World Heavyweight Champion until the June PPV, at the earliest. I'd actually push it through until July's Money in the Bank.

Mr. Nerfect
03-10-2012, 12:01 AM
When Daniel Bryan was kicking Sheamus' chest: "YES! YES! YES!"

:lol:

XL
03-10-2012, 01:28 PM
And people have to ask what this guy does to annoy people?

XL
03-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Also, I pretty much hate watching SmackDown during the "Road To WrestleMania". Might as well skip Raw and just watch full segments replayed on SD.

The time they dedicate to replaying the HHH/Taker/HBK or Rock/Cena stuff could be used to get different guys over. Spend the time to make the audience care about Primo and Epico and as a result they might start to care about the Tag Division.

#1-norm-fan
03-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Rock should show up "live" on Smackdown just once before WrestleMania. I don't know if there's a Raw/Smackdown dual taping at any point which would make it easier but still... the fuckin' show's named for him. It would be cool to see him on the blue brand for some reason.

Poit
03-10-2012, 01:57 PM
On the Monday before Wrestlemania, they do NXT taping, Raw live, Superstars taping, and Smackdown taping all in the same night.

#1-norm-fan
03-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Rock vs Titus O'Neil promo battle.

Book it.

XL
03-10-2012, 03:05 PM
On the Monday before Wrestlemania, they do NXT taping, Raw live, Superstars taping, and Smackdown taping all in the same night.
IIRC, the last SD before Mania is just short of a hype show. Last year there was maybe two matches on the show and the rest was hype videos and recaps.

Gertner
03-10-2012, 03:08 PM
Pretty solid Smackdown.

Sheamus is my favourite wrestler, but I'm finding it hard to care about his match.

Poit
03-10-2012, 05:49 PM
IIRC, the last SD before Mania is just short of a hype show. Last year there was maybe two matches on the show and the rest was hype videos and recaps.

Yeah. I've been to one of those ridiculous "every show on one night" things. The Smackdown taping was only an hour, if that.

XCaliber
03-10-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm really getting of sick of The Miz constantly jobbing as of late he'd better make the Wrestlemania card in some capacity or i'll be majorly pissed. :mad:

#1-norm-fan
03-10-2012, 06:58 PM
I've become bored with him. A big part of that is how he's been booked as an afterthought but oh well. Unless they can make a compelling story with him and Ryder, I can't picture really caring about him at WrestleMania.

Ultra Mantis
03-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Miz vs Ryder in a match to determine who got stale fastest.

James Steele
03-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Go to hell you filthy gobshite. John Laurinaitis is a better man than you could ever hope to be.

Listen up you sanctimonious son of a bitch, I can handle you running your mouth about whatever PWI Top 500 of 1963 wrestler you feel like fellating that day but you watch your fucking mouth when you come on here and slander a man and his family. You need to have enough respect for other human beings not make such absurd accusations without any evidence other than your 1971 copy of "The Grappler" Magazine's Encylopedia. Triple H is the father of his children, and for anyone to claim otherwise is a heinous and unforgivable act that would get you imprisoned in most countries. I hope you think before you post next time you consider slandering a man and his family. The idea that Stephanie McMahon Levesque would engage in coitus with John Laurinaitis is almost laughable if it wasn't so insulting and vomit-inducing. Good fucking day, sir.

And by sir, I mean sack of shit.

#1-norm-fan
03-10-2012, 10:18 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

James Steele
03-10-2012, 10:40 PM
http://www.power96.com/dm_images/intros/111104113059.jpg

James Steele
03-10-2012, 10:49 PM
http://www.jewishjournal.com/images/articles/dos-equis-guy.JPG

Just sayin'...

Damndirty
03-11-2012, 11:34 AM
I owe somebody some rupees.

Funny you say that, I skipped Smackdown to play Zelda this Friday.

CSL
03-11-2012, 11:36 AM

what is this

VSG
03-11-2012, 12:52 PM
SOOPAH KAYFABEH MAN-UH

DAMN iNATOR
03-11-2012, 02:09 PM
I am glad they are going SOMEWHERE with McIntyre.

Let's hope they are anyway...last night, SD! rolled through East Lansing, MI and he was the second match of the night against some local guy or something...anyway, before the local guy comes out, Drew gets on the mic and says that from now on his winning streak is on...it's just a shame that win #2 has to be in East Lansing. The sooner he gets out of here the better, he says. Cue the local guy...a few minutes later, Drew gets pinned. :nono: Granted they probably won't even mention anything with Drew that doesn't happen on TV, but just thought I'd share that.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Let's hope they are anyway...last night, SD! rolled through East Lansing, MI and he was the second match of the night against some local guy or something...anyway, before the local guy comes out, Drew gets on the mic and says that from now on his winning streak is on...it's just a shame that win #2 has to be in East Lansing. The sooner he gets out of here the better, he says. Cue the local guy...a few minutes later, Drew gets pinned. :nono: Granted they probably won't even mention anything with Drew that doesn't happen on TV, but just thought I'd share that.

From what I've read, it wasn't a local guy, it was Seth Rollins/Tyler Black, who will probably be getting called up to the main roster soon from FCW

http://pumpkinswirl08.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/tyler-black-l_9b576b32214c5217cf832e2a62603b4c.jpg

DAMN iNATOR
03-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Yeah that sounds right as far as his name...no idea he was one of WWE's new talent.

What Would Kevin Do?
03-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Yeah, he's been down in FCW for a bit, and basically he's one of the big name indy guys getting a lot of attention down there. The other's being Dean Amrbose (Jon Moxely), Antonio Cesaro (Claudio Castignolli), and Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero.)

Would not be surprised if they're all on tv by summer.

Destor
03-13-2012, 03:33 AM
not like they need a lot of polishing (Black did imo but the other 3 are good to go...well Moxley needs a fucking look...but whatever...)

Swiss Ultimate
03-13-2012, 03:55 AM
Watched a bit of Cody VS. Tyler Black. Seemed like the fans were into it and seemed like a good match...until the fan got caught with the camera or something.

Gertner
03-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Black is just a vanilla midget indy fuck. Works on Taco Bell as a day job. He's nothing to note.

Iop
03-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Cant wait til Claudio is on TV that man is amazing.

The rest of them suck as far as im concerned

:)

Lock Jaw
03-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Dean Ambrose is utterly useless until he either changes his name, or adopts a Dean gimmick.

XCaliber
03-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Was not a fan of Tyler Black but I'm willing to give Seth Rollins a chance.

Poit
03-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Dean Ambrose is utterly useless until he either changes his name, or adopts a Dean gimmick.

http://www.tvequals.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Jim-Rash.jpg