PDA

View Full Version : WWE Network, it was a good idea, but now a sign of fan-making failures.

Damndirty
03-19-2012, 10:53 AM
I was really really excited to hear of the WWE Network, it's been a dream for me to have an all-wrestling channel. I waited... and waited... and waited... now the company acts like it never existed. WWE's been having a bad reputation with this lately; promising things that never happen, and promoting these promises almost every week, and then suddenly staying quiet about it. WCW did stuff like this before, perhaps... wrestling is just not a good enough trend to make enough money to keep what could have been money-making ideas going anymore. Suppose we could do something to add onto the network to help WWE, what kind of wrestling shows would you put on there?

Kane Knight
03-19-2012, 11:04 AM
How is this not a St. Jimmy thread?

Damndirty
03-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Because I'm not St. Jimmy.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-19-2012, 11:08 AM
I thought the network launch just got delayed because they couldn't reach any deals with cable providers for the April launch. That doesn't sound like someone going back on a promise. That sounds like... um... a delay.

Damndirty
03-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Yeah, but they don't even mention on TV anymore, which is why I am being skeptical. It's starting to remind me of that million dollar sweepstakes that WCW made before the death. The Brodus thing, though delayed, was mentioned on television afterwards, but the Jonah Hill thing died the moment the company knew it wasn't gonna happen.

Kane Knight
03-19-2012, 11:30 AM
Yeah, but they don't even mention on TV anymore, which is why I am being skeptical. It's starting to remind me of that million dollar sweepstakes that WCW made before the death. The Brodus thing, though delayed, was mentioned on television afterwards, but the Jonah Hill thing died the moment the company knew it wasn't gonna happen.

Yeah, they should promote an uncertain release, because that wouldn't go wrong.

Damndirty
03-19-2012, 11:31 AM
When they go all out and hype something like this as much as they have, it only makes them look like a company that doesn't even care if they have viewers, just that they're the top "wrestling" show.

Kane Knight
03-19-2012, 11:50 AM
When they go all out and hype something like this as much as they have, it only makes them look like a company that doesn't even care if they have viewers, just that they're the top "wrestling" show.

You mean, like always?

Damndirty
03-19-2012, 11:52 AM
I don't see American Gladiators on television anymore.

Kane Knight
03-19-2012, 12:10 PM
WWE is still on TV, though.

Schlomey
03-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Vince obviously jumped the gun with the network commercial but so much had already leaked out it's not like he could just ignore it. Strike while the iron is hot. However it wasn't hot enough to be picked up by a cable provider..yet. It was smart of him to try while the fire was burning, in my opinion.

Damndirty
03-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Thirty or so years strong, WWE is going, but many other shows have lasted longer and are now dead because people did not get into them anymore. I will admit that their live audience in the arena has quadrupled compared to what it was in 98, but as a "sport", the audience is laughable compared to football, baseball, and basketball, despite the fact that I myself can't sit there and watch those three sports. I want pro wrestling to survive, and I want it to be there forever, but I also understand that things I wanted to last forever just can't by any means.

Kane Knight
03-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Wow, it's nothing compared to football? OMG that sounds bad.

A shame it's completely irrelevant to your ramblings.

James Steele
03-19-2012, 01:08 PM
I saw a WWE Network commercial the other day, but it just said "2012" and not a certain month/date.

Rammsteinmad
03-19-2012, 01:15 PM
I think they're waiting until they aquire the rights to air Chikara shows.

BizarroKing
03-19-2012, 03:24 PM
They're saving up their money to buy out TNA so they can air Impact every weeknight.

XL
03-19-2012, 03:54 PM
How is this <s>not</s> a <s>St. Jimmy</s> thread?

Kane Knight
03-19-2012, 06:00 PM
XL also is right.

Indifferent Clox
03-19-2012, 07:53 PM
As long as we are alive there will be people practicing pro wrestling. In some promotions you have the owners kids wrestling in matches by 14.

Its become a trade now. A trade a lot of people have invested in. Its captivated the world. It will always exist in some aspect foe the rest of our lives. It has always been a television staple.

CSL
03-19-2012, 07:55 PM

Kane Knight
03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
By "promotions," he means "back yards."

Schlomey
03-20-2012, 11:52 AM
and by back yards he means mid 20's fanboys who steal their mommas couch cushions.

Kane Knight
03-20-2012, 12:02 PM
I have trouble believing anyone in Clox's "promotion" is more than 19.

Purgatory
03-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Honestly, I hope the channel never materializes unless they'll be showing WCW Nitro and Thunder during the week. Then I might be excited

Kane Knight
03-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Honestly, I hope the channel never materializes unless they'll be showing WCW Nitro and Thunder during the week. Then I might be excited

they'll run with with commentary about how inferior the product is.

Damndirty
03-26-2012, 02:09 AM
Because, XL and Kane Knight, random bullshit is the trend of today, ya know! Wake up, you under-the-Rock-bastards!

Asmo
03-26-2012, 02:47 PM
The only good thing that's come out of the Network so far has been it introducing me to Dubstep.

Wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub

Fignuts
03-26-2012, 03:47 PM
I will admit that their live audience in the arena has quadrupled compared to what it was in 98, but as a "sport", the audience is laughable compared to football, baseball, and basketball, despite the fact that I myself can't sit there and watch those three sports.

What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

DLVH84
03-26-2012, 04:52 PM
They're saving up their money to buy out TNA

That I wouldn't be surprised, if they did.

XL
03-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Because, XL and Kane Knight, random bullshit is the trend of today, ya know! Wake up, you under-the-Rock-bastards!
Slander!!

I have never, at any time, been under The Rock!

Damndirty
03-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Wow, it's nothing compared to football? OMG that sounds bad.

A shame it's completely irrelevant to your ramblings.

If you're going to be a troll, at least be good at doing it, cuz I'm starting to think your hundreds of thousands of attempts at doing so proves you're a nobody and why I'm just going to do what everybody else on this site does and ignore you.

Damndirty
03-28-2012, 07:19 PM
What the fuck does this have to do with anything?

It means that it's not as popular as much as it is given credit for, and has shown in the past that it can be overshadowed by popular sports enough for people to quit tuning in, and in the mid 90s, it almost did go bankrupt, something I don't see happening with the major sports, which to this day, STILL overshadows professional wrestling. Personally, I don't like those sports, but billions of morons around the world apparently do, enough for for hundreds of thousands of fans in the audience to go to war with each other if they suspect their team not being treated fairly by the officials. In pro wrestling, people know it's staged and see no reason to start a big fight or protest over their favorite superstar losing, unless you're seeing a plant acting out. That's what the fuck it has to do with anything!

Damian Rey
03-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Which pertains to the thread topic how? Thats what hes asking.

Big Vic
03-30-2012, 02:02 PM
The WWE network should get TNA Impact on their channel when they can so they can legitimately own the competiton.