PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Lawler

Zeeboe
03-22-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm glad to see The King still in the WWE. I always thought the King was entertaining. He's 62, but I think he looks good for his age and he has at least ten more years in him. It's going to be sad when he retires. But for now, he has a pretty easy job. Does Raw once a week, and the Raw PPV's, wrestles at his convenience in both WWE and on the Indy scene, and Vince McMahon would never even think about making Lawler look bad like he's made JR look bad, nor would he ever yell at Lawler while Lawler does play-by-play like Vince has done to others. Those other guys need their jobs, whereas the King could quit anytime and be fine financially, and Lawler has always been amazing at his job. I don't think you'll find anyone as quick-witted as The King. Having said that, I do sometimes miss the heel Lawler I grew up hating.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1V-74QYOhuA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1V-74QYOhuA?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

DLVH84
03-22-2012, 02:27 PM
He's one of the few wrestlers in the world that has that kind of longevity.

Iop
03-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Id love to see Jerry Lawler get a WWE title run to cap off his career. Nothing crazy, just beating up a "beatable" champ like Daniel Bryan and having a month long reign would be great.

CSL
03-22-2012, 04:02 PM
he's been phoning it in for some time now and it can be pretty :roll: at times but he's still better than most colour guys available. annoys me a bit when he takes a shot at somebody in spite of the program/booking/how the guy is being presented etc. no way he gets spared the Vince earphone treatment either. was dynamite from his WWE debut until he started watering it down around 99-2000 tho

Nicky Fives
03-22-2012, 04:33 PM
I'll always prefer "defend the heel" commentator over any of his more recent stuff.....that was when he was at his best....... and the whole "PUPPIES!" old pervert angle as well.....

DLVH84
03-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Id love to see Jerry Lawler get a WWE title run to cap off his career. Nothing crazy, just beating up a "beatable" champ like Daniel Bryan and having a month long reign would be great.

Yeah, he deserves a brief reign for all he's done.

Schlomey
03-22-2012, 05:53 PM
I find him annoying anymore but during his feud with the miz i'd be lying if I didn't say I was pulling for him for a brief moment.

TSI
03-22-2012, 06:05 PM
The King is awesome. It'll take quite an adjustment to get used to him not being at raw when he finally retires.

Schlomey
03-22-2012, 06:14 PM
That's what I thought when JR left. And ya know as much as I love JR it isn't that noticeable on RAW..now on PPV that's a different story.

TSI
03-22-2012, 06:16 PM
There's not a better PPV broadcaster than JR. Yeah i get what your saying. I'll prolly wont notice it as much as I think I will.

whiteyford
03-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Not a fan of him on commentary,like CSL said hes phoned it in most weeks the last few years and the fact he has no interest,alledgedly,in anyone not on Raw is just lazy.I enjoyed his stuff with ECW and the Miz but otherwise mostly meh.

BollywoodSingh
03-22-2012, 06:29 PM
I haven't liked him as a commentator since around 2000-2001. He has barely said anything funny since then.

Zeeboe
03-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Phoned in? Like he's doing the show from Memphis via his phone? But doesn't Raw usually show Lawler and Cole sitting together sometimes usually during the show?

whiteyford
03-22-2012, 07:07 PM
You're better than that zeeboe.

CSL
03-22-2012, 07:07 PM
srsly. and that's really fucking saying something

Zeeboe
03-22-2012, 07:09 PM
lol. I seriously have zero clue what you're talking about. Bear in mind please that I rarely watch current WWE and I also have not followed the whole internet wrestling insider stories or terms lately either. In a *very* long time infact. I'm like your Great-Grandpa who doesn't understand tech stuff, so educate me please.

whiteyford
03-22-2012, 07:11 PM
He is going through the motions with very little effort,just enough to warrant a pay cheque.

CSL
03-22-2012, 07:11 PM
nopenopenopenopenopenope

CSL
03-22-2012, 07:12 PM
huh typing nope lots of times together just looks like a lot of 'open'

whiteyford
03-22-2012, 07:13 PM
I saw a bunch of penope and wondered if you'd had a seizure

Zeeboe
03-22-2012, 07:35 PM
I thought you were just typing "open". I thought maybe that was yet another insider wrestling term that I just didn't get.

#1-norm-fan
03-22-2012, 07:41 PM
I was kinda pulling for him to win the title during the Miz feud too. I wanna see WWE do an older "over the hill" guy finally shocks the world and wins the big one angle. Back around the original Tough Enough it to be Al Snow. Then (and still now) I wanted it to be William Regal. But Lawler would have been awesome too.

Party Hardy
03-22-2012, 07:55 PM
He was pretty good back in the day when he had that fued with Bert Hart. They had a kiss my foot match and lawyer didn't wash for like a month and it was pretty lulz

Aguakate
03-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Nothing crazy, just beating up a "beatable" champ like Daniel Bryan and having a month long reign would be great.

Thank God you don't want anything crazy. Just to have him beat a guy who finally found himself, is one of the most-over wrestlers WWE has (and is the current World Champion), and hold the title for a month.

Nothing crazy, of course.

KIRA
03-23-2012, 02:49 AM
I'll always prefer "defend the heel" commentator over any of his more recent stuff.....that was when he was at his best....... and the whole "PUPPIES!" old pervert angle as well.....

The heel commentator Lawler was so damn good the heat he got from fans was awesome, unlike Micheal Cole whose voice and on air persona grate on my nerves I looked forward to and highly enjoyed lawlers heel comments.

stultiloquy
03-23-2012, 02:52 AM

Blakeamus
03-23-2012, 02:58 AM
I always felt that when he made his return back to the WWE, he wasn't the same.

Blakeamus
03-23-2012, 02:59 AM
oh shit! Surpass 2,000 posts.

Mr. Nerfect
03-24-2012, 08:08 PM
I also feel that his commentary was never the same when he returned to the WWE in 2001. Face commentator Lawler is pretty boring, to be honest. It's also pretty funny that King has flat-out stated that he'd rather be working in the ring still than doing commentary. Personally, if the WWE do decide to open more developmental territories, I'd have King head one of them in Memphis, or something.