PDA

View Full Version : The Horsemen

KIRA
03-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Its been bugging me for as long as I can remember hopefully you lot can help.

How on Gods earth did Steve Mongo Mcmichaels become a member of the Four Horsemen he sucked in the ring and was incomprehensible whenever he opened his mouth aside from saying "baby". So was there any special reason he was a member or did the just have to fill out the group in order for their name to make sense?

It's just confounding to me that a group presented as elite would have him in it(Chicago Bears not withstanding)

whiteyford
03-22-2012, 06:31 PM
Thought it was the whole superbowl ring thing. And Debra

Nicky Fives
03-22-2012, 07:23 PM
WCW probably thought he was going to be amazing.....

Emperor Smeat
03-22-2012, 07:34 PM
From what I could find on wikipedia and the internet in general, looks like to be both an accident and something the new management group wanted after Ted Turner started to lose power.

The group only had 3 members so he was mostly a temporary replacement that ended up being a full-time member and the new management at the time wanted some new faces for the group and pushed for Mondo due to his real life accomplishments. Might be also around the same time Bischoff started to grow his control within WCW.

Gertner
03-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Bischoff was very high on Mongo. Thought he was good on the mic, although he was absolutely horrible and just quit the company out of thin air.

KIRA
03-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Thought it was the whole superbowl ring thing. And Debra

I know NOTHING about sports I only knew McMichael played for the Bears because the announce team never let you forget it.

itsmeJD
03-22-2012, 10:25 PM
I know NOTHING about sports I only knew McMichael played for the Bears because the announce team never let you forget it.

That and the Chicago bears jacket he'd wear to the ring that he'd had since 1985.

KIRA
03-23-2012, 02:37 AM
That and the Chicago bears jacket he'd wear to the ring that he'd had since 1985.

I forgot about the Jacket only Tony Schvonies endless annoying comments have stuck with me.

Blakeamus
03-23-2012, 03:08 AM
Didn't he hold a dog in his arms during the show??

KIRA
03-23-2012, 04:41 AM
lol its all coming back yes in fact he did!

If his being in the Horsemen was managements doing I'm surprised there was no complaint from Arn or Flair but they probably liked the guy.

Hanso Amore
03-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Was a typical Bischoff move. Same reason he was ever hired to announce.

KayfabeMan
03-24-2012, 05:32 AM
I enjoyed Mongo at the broadcast booth - and sometimes in the ring.

He wasn't best Horseman ever, or the best in the ring - but he was good for someone coming in from outside the business and played his role well in tag matches - as it kept his time in the ring to a minimum and allowed him to be used a mock 'enforcer' so to speak.

So for me, yes on broadcasting - meh in the ring.

Nicky Fives
03-24-2012, 07:26 PM
meh on broadcasting, god no in the ring.....

DLVH84
03-24-2012, 10:58 PM
To this day, I can't even believe he held the U.S. title. Thank God Curt Hennig beat him for it.