PDA

View Full Version : The Marine 3..HOMEFRONT!

MisterLee
03-27-2012, 04:12 PM
Confirmed: Randy Orton To Star In ‘The Marine 3′
By Ryan Clark on Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 at 3:52 PM EST
Partial Source: Pwinsider
Randy Orton has officially signed on to star in Marine: Homefront. Production for the film begins June 11th in Vancouver, British Columbia. In the film, Orton plays Marine trying to rescue his kidnapped daughter.
John Cena starred in the first Marine film, while Ted DiBiase starred in the second. Orton was reportedly set to star in the second film, but due to an injury, DiBiase got the role.
Marine: Homefront will be released straight to DVD.
100% LINK (PHOTOS): Kelly Kelly Looking Good In *NEW* New Gear! MUST-SEE!!!

Can't wait to see this! :yes::shifty:

Kane Knight
03-27-2012, 04:30 PM
I was hoping it would be about a Korean invasion of the US.

Nicky Fives
03-27-2012, 04:32 PM
I've only seen the first one..... it wasn't terrible..... I still think See No Evil was the best WWE Films movie.....

Ermaximus
03-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Coming soon to Netflix!

Rammsteinmad
03-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Yeah, the first one was alright. Haven't bothered with the second, and don't care for this one.

loopydate
03-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Anyone else think it's funny that a guy who went AWOL twice is playing The Marine?

Shadrick
03-28-2012, 10:31 AM
I liked the second better than the first.

Iop
03-28-2012, 10:33 AM
WWE should do The Marine...Biologist!

legendkillerRKO
03-28-2012, 10:42 AM
WWE should do The Marine...Biologist!

starring Sharkboy?

Kane Knight
03-28-2012, 10:58 AM
I've only seen the first one..... it wasn't terrible..... I still think See No Evil was the best WWE Films movie.....

"It wasn't terrible." Still better than the stuff on the back of the box. :D

Yeah, the first one was alright. Haven't bothered with the second, and don't care for this one.

The second was ass. The first was a fun, if stupid, action movie. The second one was pretty fucking boring.

Anyone else think it's funny that a guy who went AWOL twice is playing The Marine?

No funnier than any of their other choices.

MisterLee
03-28-2012, 05:10 PM
I haven't seen either..I agree that See No Evil was pretty good for a WWE film. Santino should star in The Marine 4.."The Marine: Cobra"
http://mimg.ugo.com/201202/1/3/4/218431/cuts/photo02_528x297.jpg

Rock Bottom
03-28-2012, 11:46 PM
Randy Orton is amazing. He can drop kick you at any time.

You might be running toward him, thinking to yourself, "Yeah. I got this clothesline." But then, out of nowhere, he can drop kick you directly in the face. There are few men who can actually withstand the power and suddenness of Randy Orton's drop kick. I'd say that chances are, if Randy Orton drop kicked me, he would be able to pin me. But Randy Orton's not the kind of guy to take a cheap drop kick victory. He will wait for you to get up, just to use a move, called the "RKO," to put you right back down. And you're thinking, "Randy, you know, you could have just pinned me after the drop kick!"

Rammsteinmad
03-29-2012, 12:13 PM
What's with all the 'hype' for this: "WWE confirms Orton to star in The Marine 3"... "Randy Orton confirms his role in The Marine 3"... "Superstars reveal Orton playing in the Marine 3"... etc...

As if anyone really gives a fuck. :roll:

Gerard
03-29-2012, 05:44 PM
What's with all the 'hype' for this: "WWE confirms Orton to star in The Marine 3"... "Randy Orton confirms his role in The Marine 3"... "Superstars reveal Orton playing in the Marine 3"... etc...

As if anyone really gives a fuck. :roll:

Yup, im suprised they keep trying to push their "Movie division", they all look cheap as fuck and its not as if theyre ever going to win any awards. Their biggest ever movie to date for earnings (according to wiki) was See No Evil, they apparently made just over 10.5 million back on that. If wiki is accurate some of the box office is beyond laughable, apparently Knucklehead brought in under $8000 and The Chaperone brought in just under $44000 .

Wish they'd give up trying to find the next big transitional "Wrestling to Movie star" and then there'd be no more of these cringeworthy movies.

Tom Guycott
03-30-2012, 02:29 AM
Wish they'd give up trying to find the next big transitional "Wrestling to Movie star" and then there'd be no more of these cringeworthy movies.

The problem isn't the transition. It could be done. Hell, HHH was in a Blade movie, for chrissakes! Oh, and lets not forget Terry Funk getting his ass kicked in movies like Roadhouse.

The problem is both: a) that it can't be done with the frequency Vince would like it to happen (they only have a handful of people who can fucking act to begin with... and I don't mean promo... RVD proved they don't go hand in hand... yuck.), then, they have to be OVER enough to warrant a cossover. They can't be some two-bit jobber they don't have a plan for, like DiBiase.

and: b) the idea of WWE trying to keep it "in house". If they can build a cash-cow, why shouldn't they go and try to package and sell the milk themselves? They don't see their production company as substandard, and that is a huge reason why it is, in fact, substandard.

They don't see that if The Rock were to star in shit like "The Marine" and take strides to semi-distance himself from wrestling he wouldn't have gotten over as a "legit" actor. And trust me, he would have ended up like Piper. Yeah, They Live = great film, but it's a Cameron film. Don't forget, he also did shit like Hell Comes to Frogtown. Rocky would have been being offered shitty roles in B movies because "he's not a real actor with chops... he's just a wrassler!" He was able to put a divide between his ring persona and convince people that this wasn't some cross-promotion or half-assed venture like an athlete wanting to have a rap career.

WWE doesn't see that as a good. They just seem to see "all the money they missed" by not having Dwayne still be under their employ while works all these relatively high grossing films.

DAMN iNATOR
03-31-2012, 01:41 PM
I haven't seen either..I agree that See No Evil was pretty good for a WWE film. Santino should star in The Marine 4.."The Marine: Cobra"

No, he should've been cast as Cobra Commander in the upcoming G.I. Joe film.

MisterLee
04-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Randy Orton Loses Role in Marine: Homefront
By Ryan Clark on Tuesday, April 3rd, 2012 at 11:29 AM EST
According to TMZ, Randy Orton has lost his role in Marine: Homefront. Orton lost the role due to the real Marines being upset that received a bad conduct discharge in 1999 after going AWOL on two separate occasions. He also disobeyed orders from a commanding officer, was court-martialed and served 38 days in a military prison.
A former unit member of Orton’s, Cpl. Mike Vinn, had the following to say about Orton being cast for the role…
“I am disgusted that his face and the word Marine are being used next to each other — real or fake — because of the fact that he quit us, the country, and the Marine Corps. [Randy] in the role of a Marine is a disgrace to those that have worn and are wearing that uniform.”
WWE released the following statement to TMZ…
“WWE demonstrated poor judgment in signing Randy Orton for the 3rd installment of the film. Despite Randy’s popularity, the fact that he was dishonorably discharged from the USMC made it inappropriate for him to be cast in this film.”

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

Rammsteinmad
04-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Oh for fucks sake, thanks a lot USMC! I was really looking forward to that! Easily one of the most anticipated movies of recent times. :foc:

DrA
04-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Hopefully they can find another wrestler. It would be a shame if the WWE lost The Marine franchise.

Purgatory
04-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Oh, thank fucking christ. I didn't want to see Orton in another movie anyway.

Shadrick
04-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Purg, I'll go to the papers if I have to.

KayfabeMan
04-04-2012, 01:09 PM
http://www.aol.com/video/wwe-star-randy-orton-loses-role-in-marine-film/517324646/?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl6%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D149158

JimmyMess
04-04-2012, 06:54 PM

No, no, no... he should definitely be in GI Joe 3: Return of the COBRA

JimmyMess
04-04-2012, 06:55 PM
No, he should've been cast as Cobra Commander in the upcoming G.I. Joe film.

Well I feel fucking retarded now.

Goes to show you to read other's posts before posting yourself.

MisterLee
04-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Purg, I'll go to the papers if I have to.

LOL!

Well I feel fucking retarded now.

Goes to show you to read other's posts before posting yourself.

LOL I guess great minds think alike!

PrettyCool
04-05-2012, 11:34 AM
They should Dibiase and Maryse star in Marine 3.

Dibiase is an American soldier on a mission and Maryse is an evil woman sent to seduce him.

That=ratings :p

Rock Bottom
04-05-2012, 06:05 PM
"Rock, you wanna be in The Marine 4?" :naughty:

"No. I do not want to be in The Marine 4." :roll:

Rock Bottom
04-05-2012, 06:07 PM
"Brb. Filming Fast 20."