PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Puder

Rollermacka
03-27-2012, 06:02 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1RBWFhlCyk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I got bored watching RAW yesterday and while I was flipping around (:eek: Russo was right) I saw an MMA fight between Daniel Puder and Richard Dalton. I dont remember Puder getting much of a push after winning Tough Enough, but he had a good built in storyline after the incident with Kurt Angle. I read he retired from MMA and has been doing well in ROH and NJPW. Do you think he was a missed opportunity for the WWE?

St. Jimmy
03-27-2012, 06:05 PM
No, he's lucky Angle didn't break his fucking face. You don't go into a worked shoot and just randomly shoot on someone to make a name for yourself. He's lucky he didn't injure Angle.

Cool King
03-27-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't remember much of Daniel Puder.

What I do remember of him is how much of a dick the guys in the locker room said he was. I also remember his appearance at the Royal Rumble 2005 and Benoit, Guerrero and Holly all chopping the shit out of him.

Then he either got released or quit and started selling T-Shirts claiming to have made Kurt Angle tap out.

Iop
03-27-2012, 06:13 PM
I wish he would come back, I liked him as a character.

Triple Naitch
03-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Danny Pudi > Daniel Puder

St. Jimmy
03-27-2012, 06:42 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KyucG76N9PY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rammsteinmad
03-27-2012, 06:52 PM
He sucked. He was awful as a wrestler, and was even worse on the mic/as an entertainer.

That incident with Angle, I don't really blame him for though. I was under the impression for him that it was a shoot. If they wanted him to lose they'd have told him. As Tough Enough was supposedly unscripted, Angle probably thought he'd wipe the floor with the guy. He was wrong.

But yeah, still pretty bad. If Puder had injured him that would have probably cost him his chance at being a WWE star.

Swiss Ultimate
03-27-2012, 08:53 PM
He went to ROH???

What Would Kevin Do?
03-27-2012, 11:23 PM
He went to ROH???

For like a minute.

SlickyTrickyDamon
03-28-2012, 05:08 AM
Danny Pudi > Daniel Puder

Cool. CoolCoolCool.

#1-norm-fan
03-28-2012, 05:12 AM
David Puddy > Danny Pudi > Daniel Puder

#1-norm-fan
03-28-2012, 05:26 AM
No, he's lucky Angle didn't break his fucking face. You don't go into a worked shoot and just randomly shoot on someone to make a name for yourself. He's lucky he didn't injure Angle.

It was a shoot. There was no reason to script it because the thought was "It's Kurt fucking Angle... just go out there and show these guys what they're in for." What was he supposed to do, lay down? They were under the assumption that Angle would just school anyone who came in and Puder actually had some fighting experience and took him by surprise. Probably COULD HAVE broken his arm if he wanted to.

Rollermacka
03-28-2012, 10:04 AM
He went to ROH???

I read he was there. Probibly just "doing the rounds" after leaving the WWE, I'm suprised he never surfaced in TNA

It was a shoot. There was no reason to script it because the thought was "It's Kurt fucking Angle... just go out there and show these guys what they're in for." What was he supposed to do, lay down? They were under the assumption that Angle would just school anyone who came in and Puder actually had some fighting experience and took him by surprise. Probably COULD HAVE broken his arm if he wanted to.

So it was a kinda "Brawl for All" moment then?

#1-norm-fan
03-28-2012, 03:39 PM
I wouldn't say Brawl for All since the idea of that was an actual competition. This was just "let Kurt Angle teach these guys a thing or two about what they're in store for". Like a little initiation. I'm sure the idea never crossed anyone's mind that Angle might not be able to just toy around and dominate one of them.

Damian Rey
03-28-2012, 03:49 PM
Even though one of them was a trained mixed martial artist with a legitimate background. I dont care what the idea behind it was, putting a guy like Puder, who has the ability to hurt just about anyone, is a very dumb, and obviously dangerous idea.

#1-norm-fan
03-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Yeah. I didn't say it was a good idea. lol. That's the cockiness of Angle and Vince. No non-WWE guy is gonna be able to compete with the great Kurt Angle. Vince is pretty out of touch with the world anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if he genuinely thought his man Angle was invincible.

Gertner
03-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Puder was pretty bad. Didn't really bring anything to the table.

Vastardikai
03-30-2012, 04:58 AM
Luckily for Puder, it was Angle and not, say, William Regal. Regal would have stretched the hell out of him and, if Puder tried something, he'd have been headbutted.

Damian Rey
03-30-2012, 06:58 AM
I dont think a different person would have made a difference. Puder was legit, and anyone not named Brock Lesnar hae lttle chance, and even then.

Autobahn
03-31-2012, 07:50 AM
He's no Tank Abbott.

DAMN iNATOR
03-31-2012, 01:26 PM
Luckily for Puder, it was Angle and not, say, William Regal. Regal would have stretched the hell out of him and, if Puder tried something, he'd have been headbutted.

Yeah, he and Matt Cappotelli stuunk up the WWE something fierce. Don't know what Snow and the other original TE guys ever saw in either of those two.