PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION - Should the WWE bring back the HARDCORE title to replace the CW title?

Heyman
05-05-2004, 05:37 PM
DISCUSSION - Should the WWE bring back the HARDCORE title to replace the CW title?

I wouldn't mind seeing the WWE bring back the Hardcore title (being defended 24/7) to Smackdown.

This will allow more wrestlers to get TV time. Guys like Dreamer, A-Train, etc., can actually have a purpose in the WWE. :o

Also - it's pretty obvious that the WWE doesn't give a CRAP about its Cruiserweight Division. In the WWE - it's almost a stigmata to be labelled a CW.

If the WWE cancel their CW division, the cruiserweights can be used to add
'depth' to the other divisions.

-Rey Mysterio can become a US title contender
-Other CW's can become tag teams.
-Other CW's can become a part of the Hardcore Division.......or women's division. :roll: (hey if Jacqueline can become CW champion, then what's stopping Taijiri from having a sex change and becoming Women's champ?).

I'd preferrably keep the CW division, but the WWE treat their CW division like POOP!

Atleast with the Hardcore Division, more wrestlers can get on TV (with the 24/7 rule). Since Smackdown is almost becoming like "ECW part II" anyways, maybe the Hardcore title would be a perfect fit there.

Another reason why I think the CW division should be CUT, is because some of the good CW's are on Raw (i.e. Hurricane Helms, Taijiri, and even Matt Hardy). The credibility of the CW division has now SERIOUSLY been hampered with Jacqueline becoming champ. I think it would be better now if Jacqueline retired as CW champ..........and moved back to Raw.

Savio
05-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Give the hard core title to Raw instead, IMO.

Hardkore Kidd J
05-05-2004, 05:46 PM
i believe Smackdown would really benefit it the most and Heyman to my knowledge Dreamer isn't on Smackdown. I think he's still on Heat. But Smackdown would be cool with the Hardcore title.

El Santo
05-05-2004, 05:52 PM
A-Train ain't on Smackdown either. He was traded to Raw with Palumbo for Jackie and Rico, remember?

Heyman
05-05-2004, 05:56 PM
i believe Smackdown would really benefit it the most and Heyman to my knowledge Dreamer isn't on Smackdown. I think he's still on Heat. But Smackdown would be cool with the Hardcore title.

I realize that Dreamer is on Raw. He can easily move to Smackdown however (most people won't even remember, let alone care that he was on RAw........also, the WWE can always use the 'his contract expired' BS to put him on SD).

If it was up to me, I'd consider getting rid of the CW division altogether. In the WWE, it's almost a 'stigmata' to be considered a CW. The WWE obviously have no respect for it.

I'd replace the CW division with the Hardcore Division.

-A guy like Rey Mysterio can become a contender for the US title

-Other CW's can join the tag team division (and give it more depth).

-Other CW's can join the hardcore division.

Heyman
A-Train ain't on Smackdown either. He was traded to Raw with Palumbo for Jackie and Rico, remember?

I forgot about that.

Heyman
nt

MVP
05-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Without the crusierweight division, there goes the only decent 5 minutes of Smackdown.

Heyman
05-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Without the crusierweight division, there goes the only decent 5 minutes of Smackdown.

Cruiserweights can still fight other Cruiserweights. There just won't be a 'division' for it. It seems to me, like being labelled a "cruiserweight" is an EXTREME stigmata in the WWE. The WWE has no respect for the division, otherwise why would friggin ****** be champ? :mad:

Elaborating on my first point, you can have Cruiserweights becoming a tag team (i.e. Chavo Guerrero/Jaime Noble vs. Billy Kidman/Rey Mysterio).

You can also have CW's such as Rey Mysterio consistently contending for the US title..

<font color=white>Basically - Cruiserweight matches can still exist, without there being a "division" for it. Because there would be no "division", not only will these Cruiserweights not get unfairly stereotyped, but they can win more 'important' titles in the WWE as well. </font>

In the WWE, the CW division creates more of a 'glass ceiling' than it does opportunity. And it's a DAMN shame.

AareDub
05-05-2004, 10:38 PM
I don't think they should bring back the hardcore division. They just need to book the cruiser division right. Mysterio, Ultimo, London, etc should be allowed to go at it WCW style and steal the show. That would do more for them than a joke hardcore title would.

Another idea I had would be to drop the cruiser title and just bring in the Euro title or something. It would be basically the same division of guys, but there wouldn't be a weight restriction (not that it's actually followed strictly anyway). It would open things up a little bit and allow guys like Rico, Holly, etc to have some non-tag title feuds without getting involved with the US title.

Savio
05-05-2004, 10:39 PM
The WWE has no respect for the division, otherwise why would friggin ****** be champ? :mad:

Huh? SPoiler Spoiler! I already read it tough.

Batsu
05-05-2004, 11:16 PM
NO.

No, no, no. They just need to take it seriously. What is wrong with WWE? It had great momentum, then they go around trading the top stars of the division to RAW...

and if they're gonna bring back that 24/7 rule, the Hardcore Championship can remain in the WWE Commode. That rule alone made the title cheap.

Heyman
05-06-2004, 12:18 AM
NO.

No, no, no. They just need to take it seriously. What is wrong with WWE? It had great momentum, then they go around trading the top stars of the division to RAW...

With ***** as the new Cruiserweight champ, will the CW division EVER be taken seriously by the fans? Has the CW division EVER been taken seriously by the WWE? It's a STIGMATA to be labelled a "cruiserweight" in the WWE. Yes - it WOULD be better if the WWE took the CW division seriously, but I just don't see that ever happening. :'(

and if they're gonna bring back that 24/7 rule, the Hardcore Championship can remain in the WWE Commode. That rule alone made the title cheap.

I disagree. If you recall correctly, the hardcore 24/7 rule did a decent job in getting Crash Holly and Steve Blackman (of all people! :eek: ) over. The 24/7 rule also made for some memorable and hilarious skits. It was a great sideshow to the main storylines......and most marks enjoyed it.

The title may have become cheap, but atleast it got more guys on TV.

AareDub
05-06-2004, 01:03 AM
I disagree. If you recall correctly, the hardcore 24/7 rule did a decent job in getting Crash Holly and Steve Blackman (of all people! :eek: ) over. The 24/7 rule also made for some memorable and hilarious skits. It was a great sideshow to the main storylines......and most marks enjoyed it.

It got the guys over, but only as comedian wrestlers. If you took Steve Blackman out of that division during the time and tried to get a reaction as a serious wrestler, he wouldn't (and didn't) get over. It would be the same as taking Rosey out of his current gimmick and trying to get people to take him seriously, it's not gonna work. If they're going to bring the hardcore title back just for more laughs they might as well make a retarded midget division.

Gone Mad
05-06-2004, 01:17 AM
WWE should keep the CW title even though stephanie mcmahon wrote in Chavo's challenger for this week. Bad desicion in my mind. But anyways, the hardcore title will not be taken seriously. Only if there is the ECW stable, it can be. To finish off, CW title needs to stay because it will be used, although not as well as WCW, but used to elevate and entertain, rather than just entertain.

ItsTimeForAChange
05-06-2004, 01:31 AM
Meh, former ECW wrestlers could put on some killer matches with ECW style rules if the WWE would let them, but overall I'd say nah, don't bring back the Hardcore title. It was pretty much pointless in the WWE, in my opinion. I definetly wouldn't use it to replace the CW division.

One thing I remember from the Hardcore title era was Al Snow having a match with himself, that was funny as hell. I believe he like moonsaulted through a table and stuff. Snow was great.

Nark Order
05-06-2004, 01:43 AM
Ric Flair's head would explode.

John la Rock
05-06-2004, 01:46 AM
no I think I think the titles should stay where they are

Wondermouse
05-06-2004, 03:48 AM
it's almost a stigmata to be labelled a CW.

ENGLISH, MOTHERF</>UCKER. DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Heyman
05-06-2004, 03:51 AM
ENGLISH, MOTHERF</>UCKER. DO YOU SPEAK IT?

It is almost a stigmata to be labelled a "cruiserweight" in the WWE. Actually - it's not 'almost'. It is.

PureHatred
05-06-2004, 04:00 AM
It is almost a stigmata to be labelled a "cruiserweight" in the WWE. Actually - it's not 'almost'. It is.

He's referring to your misuse of the word stigmata. "Stigma" is a sign of embarassment or shame. Stigmata is by definition: bodily marks, sores, or sensations of pain corresponding in location to the crucifixion wounds of Jesus, usually occurring during states of religious ecstasy or hysteria

Heyman
05-06-2004, 04:11 AM
He's referring to your misuse of the word stigmata. "Stigma" is a sign of embarassment or shame. Stigmata is by definition: bodily marks, sores, or sensations of pain corresponding in location to the crucifixion wounds of Jesus, usually occurring during states of religious ecstasy or hysteria

LOL.

:shifty:

Wondermouse
05-06-2004, 04:47 AM
Stigmata is technically the plural of stigma, though the more common plural is stigmas, while the connotation of "stigmata" is what PH detailed above.

thuganomicalcrippler
05-06-2004, 09:16 AM
NAh, the Hardcore Title doesn't seem to fit in with the direction WWE's heading towards right now.

big_bluto
05-06-2004, 10:16 AM
IMO, if they re-introduce the Hardcore title they need to put it onto RAW.

SD has the WWE Title, the US Title and the CW Title.
RAW has the World Heavweight Title, the IC Title and the Womens title (which only women can go for)
RAW could use the belt to get other wrestlers onto TV, raise profiles, etc.

If they do bring it back then they need to go back to the old trashy looking belt, not the one that's currently getting used for the US Title
(Bradshaw swapped it when he held the Hardcore title with his tight white shorts and cowboy hat - dang! I knew I'd seen JBL somewhere before!)

Anyway, I think the talent on RAW is better suited to the Hardcore title than the current Smackdown roster.

Doink
05-06-2004, 11:02 AM
i think wwe should bring back the hardcore belt, but not to replace the cw belt, they should keep this as well!

the hardcore belt was always fun to watch in the past and it does give tv oportunities to other guys who wouldnt normally get it!

they could also keep the 24/7 rule in which it could be used as a way to make story lines between SD and RAW !

if they do bring it back they should bring back crash holly aswell as tht little guy loved that belt!

Splaya
05-06-2004, 11:25 AM

Yeah where has that fat Fu</>ck been anyways

ItsTimeForAChange
05-06-2004, 12:26 PM
IMO, if they re-introduce the Hardcore title they need to put it onto RAW.

SD has the WWE Title, the US Title and the CW Title.
RAW has the World Heavweight Title, the IC Title and the Womens title (which only women can go for)
RAW could use the belt to get other wrestlers onto TV, raise profiles, etc.

If they do bring it back then they need to go back to the old trashy looking belt, not the one that's currently getting used for the US Title
(Bradshaw swapped it when he held the Hardcore title with his tight white shorts and cowboy hat - dang! I knew I'd seen JBL somewhere before!)

Anyway, I think the talent on RAW is better suited to the Hardcore title than the current Smackdown roster.

I'd have to disagree with that. First off, Smackdown is the show desperately in need of a raise in profits/ratings, certainly not RAW. Second, there is definetly talent that could be used in a Hardcore division on SmackDown, such as the Dudleyz, Spike, RVD, Bob Holly(maybe even give him the ability to draw, being Hardcore again... ok maybe not) Johnny Stamboli & Nunzio, and of course the Mr. Thursday Night, Funaki!

Now that I think about it, I think they should infact bring back the hardcore title to breath some new life into Smackdown and give some wrestlers the airtime they deserve. Hardcore ECW style matches would be awesome if the WWE did them right. But like I said before, I wouldn't replace the CW belt with it, unless they had alot of the CWs contending for the Hardcore title, it'd be awesome to see Mysterio like hurricarana someone off the turnbuckle to the outside and through a table. :drool:

Ferocious
05-06-2004, 12:59 PM
I think if the Hardcore Title is brought back it needs to be 'crossbranded' so that people from both rosters can try and win it. But I think replacing the Crusier title with it is a little stupid as the cruisers are making the best entertainment on Smackdown at the moment. Although the 24/7 rule that the Hardcore title brings is a fantastic idea. The time Crash lost the title to a one finger pin while he was asleep was classic.

Ferocious > Goldbird

Stickman
05-06-2004, 01:13 PM
If they ditched the cruiserweight belt I couldn't care less. I think it'd be great to bring back a different title to replace it. The Euro or TV belts would be great. I don't think the hardcore would do much but be a filler. If they brought back the hardcore I don't think it should be 24/7, as the 24/7 rule was the downfall as it turned straight into comedy.

big_bluto
05-06-2004, 01:46 PM
if they do bring it back they should bring back crash holly aswell as tht little guy loved that belt!
:nono:

ItsTimeForAChange
05-06-2004, 03:04 PM

You're kidding, right?

The CyNick
05-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Ideally this mistake on Smackdown this week gets reversed at the PPV, and we never hear about it again, and then the CW division gets a massive push.

Of course thats unlikely due to the WWE's lack of brain power.

Whats amazing to me is that the CW division as of late (and by that I mean the last couple of years with some ups and downs) has been as good as its ever been int he WWE. Matt hardy's deal with the weight issue was great, and heck he even main evented with the title on SD. Then you had Rey who the fans really love as a good champ and it took a slight dip after he lost it there for a while, but then recently the feud between him and Chavo seemed really good. So I dont get why, with both Rey and Chavo being super over why they cant keep the title and the division over? There are enough guys on the roster, its just about the WWE's "Eugiene-esque" mentality.

But, if they are going to continue to kill the CW division, then I would replace the CW title with a Euro/TV title. I think on RAW they should add one of those titles in order to give guys like Hardy, Benjamin, and guys like Hurricane something to feud over. So with SD I say either build up the CW division properly, or else drop it and add the Euro/TV title, and then put the other one on RAW.

As for the Hardcore title, I'm just not a fan of it. Yeah we can say they should have "ECW Style" matches and it would be great, but you cant do those matches every week, and quite frankly on SD they dont have the talent for Hardcore title. Outside RVD I dont know who would make sense for that title, maybe Hardcore Holly (but I dont want an excuse to keep him on TV).

If they were going to bring back the HC title, I would do it on RAW.

But like I said, I dont think its needed. The main reason is that with the 24/7 rule, the matches dont mean anything, and the title is purely comedy. Comedy is fine, but we dont need a title to crown the funniest guy on the roster.

Another problem I have with the HC title is that it takes away from using weapons and the NO DQ rule in major title matches. I think its better to save those "hardcore" spots that would be used in a hardcore match to add to say a World Title match. If you have a "Hardcore" match in the middle of the card and the main event with another "hardcore/no DQ" match it makes the main event seem less special. Less is more in this case.

Doink
05-07-2004, 09:11 AM
as much as i liked his attitude towards the hardcore belt i was only jokin about bringin him back but still think they should bring it to SD and use it between the 2 rosters to generate intrest (kinda like when brock stole stone colds quad it was an excuss to kick ass on the other roster)

also someone said there isnt enough belts on RAW then mentioned the european title that could be bought back aswell maybe on RAW to give people like Y2J a run as some sort of champion!

ItsTimeForAChange
05-07-2004, 05:56 PM
as much as i liked his attitude towards the hardcore belt i was only jokin about bringin him back but still think they should bring it to SD and use it between the 2 rosters to generate intrest (kinda like when brock stole stone colds quad it was an excuss to kick ass on the other roster)

No man, I was asking if you were joking because Crash Holly is dead.

Doink
05-07-2004, 07:38 PM
if your serious i didnt know i jus assumed they had not renewed his contract or something! wow bit of a shock that like o well sorry mate but he was a good hc champ like i said he loved that belt! what happened to him anyway ?

PureHatred
05-07-2004, 07:43 PM
He died November of last year. I believe it was alcohol/drug related. He was found in Steven Richard's house.

Nowhere Man
05-07-2004, 07:44 PM
Heyman: Just nitpicking here, but you keep saying it's a "stigmata" to be labeled as a Cruiserweight. I think the word you're looking for is "stigma." Stigmata's when you start bleeding at the hands and feet and forehead for no apparent reason, like you're being crucified.

As for the idea, no. Hardcore wrestling is something that should only be reserved for people who use it as their specialty, like Mick Foley or Raven or the like. I don't know about you, but "hardcore" is the last thing I think of when I look at Billy Kidman or Chavo Guerrero.

And Doink, yes, sadly Mike Lockwood (Crash Holly/Mad Mikey) is dead. Died late last year. From what I'd heard, he choked to death on his own vomit after heavy drinking.

Nowhere Man
05-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Yeah where has that fat Fu</>ck been anyways

Not on my TV, and that's all that matters.

Doink
05-07-2004, 07:56 PM
why do they always go and do stupid shit like that? at least someone like owen heart died doing something he loved, drinkin yourself to death or od'in is no way to go if you ask me!

o last i heard a train was havin his back waxed i think!