PDA

View Full Version : I want the WWE to job the following out to CM Punk:

Rock Bottom
04-07-2012, 04:48 AM
(Jericho, if he still counts, this really needs no explanation)

The Rock.

Rock's already made it clear that he's after the WWE title (he may even win it). With Punk being the WWE champion, having been on a roll for quite a while, there's plenty of room for him to address The Rock's challenge after he's done with Jericho. Let's not forget that there is some kayfabe substance here. In Punk's "shoot," he called The Rock an ass kisser, and was pissed that he wasn't in the main event (or something along those lines). He was pissed that people considered Cena to be the best, because he was the best, and all that.

Aside from various Twitter remarks, that alone is something to tap into. It was when Punk's fire actually kind of caught on. Most people knew he was gifted, but that promo was absolutely huge. At the time, even though we knew it was a work, it was great because everyone wanted to see what was going to happen next. He broke his glass ceiling. Even though I might have personally done more with him at the time, there is a chance to grab back onto that feeling. He's hot with his feud with Jericho, Rock challenging for the WWE title is a "big deal" and the two would be great antagonists to one another on the microphone.

Steve Austin.

Self explanatory. Staight edge meets beer drinking middle fingerer. This is obviously an instant classic. The king of them all.

Brock Lesnar (after he beats Punk once).

Perfect way to top it all off. Punk's gone through The Rock, he's gone through Austin, now Brock Lesnar is full from eating John Cena and wants that WWE title. Of course he has to take it, because you can't book a monster to lose such a big match and take all the steam out of him before the hero wins out. At the end of the day, a 1-1 feud with Lesnar and CM Punk would put the company in a good spot as far as the totem pole goes on the booking. I think Punk is talented enough to hold down the fort over the next few years if he gets this sort of rub.

I don't think people would accept Cena in the place that I'd like Punk in. People would hate that he beat The Rock. If he beat Austin or something like that, forget about it. No way. If Cena beat Brock Lesnar? Turn off the WWE forever. Cena's tired, and so is everyone else. Punk ain't.

Punk is different. The guy is more organic. He's more creative. He's better on the mic. He's a better wrestler. Short of offering him a blowjob, I can't really say much else. He's simply better than everyone else who has come along since the Attitude Era left a vaccuum in the WWE, after most of those guys went away. Give it all to this guy, please.

The point of all of this rambling is that, given the execution, if the WWE can get a guy they can get behind for a while over to this degree, it's going to get a lot of other people over. A CM Punk feud with anyone would be hot after this. It'd be immediate elevation for whoever faced him. And I think the fans (and I) would buy it.

KaosDarksol
04-07-2012, 05:53 AM
Daniel Bryan in 18 seconds

Rammsteinmad
04-07-2012, 06:42 AM
Sounds good enough, to be fair. Though I wouldn't have Austin job to him. Would seem a bit unrealistic if he manages to get wins over The Rock, Steve Austin and Brock Lesnar.

Rock got his win over Cena, so I'd have Punk go over Rock. Then would come Austin. I'd have Austin go over because it'd get a great reaction and Punk wouldn't lose anything/have anything to be ashamed of. After the match when Austin is celebrating with beer, Punk could pull his own cooler out from under the ring, and open it to reveal Pepsi. An Austin/Punk beer/pepsi post-match toast would be pretty cool. And then Lesnar. No idea how to book it, but if Lesnar can still 'go' in the ring and proves to really benefit the company in the coming year, then Lesnar and Punk could really make some magic together, and Punk going over there should really solidify his status.

Hadouken
04-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Does CM Punk have a move like the HADOUKEN?

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Rock should be challenging Punk, ideally heading into a WrestleMania match for the title but I have a feeling they're going Rock-Lesnar which is just a horrible idea. At least one of the guys in the main title match at WM should be looked at as the possible future of the company. Not a couple recently returned part-timers.

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Then would come Austin. I'd have Austin go over because it'd get a great reaction and Punk wouldn't lose anything/have anything to be ashamed of. After the match when Austin is celebrating with beer, Punk could pull his own cooler out from under the ring, and open it to reveal Pepsi. An Austin/Punk beer/pepsi post-match toast would be pretty cool.

If they're really trying to solidify Punk as the man, I think Austin would be the LAST person from that three he should job to considering where Austin's at and Punk being in his prime. Austin would come back just to put Punk over too. Especially if he's gonna beat Rock who's on this "he's still got it" thing right now and Lesnar who just came from UFC and is a legit badass, having him lose to a 50 year old guy with a bad neck who hasn't been in a ring in 10 years makes no sense.

Zeeboe
04-07-2012, 12:34 PM
C.M. Punk is not over enough to get all those wons. Fuck that. I personally think the guy's over-rated enough as it is.

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2012, 12:52 PM
Well obviously they would need to book him as THE guy more than they have been. Him and Jericho and the WWE title have kinda taken a backseat lately to all the other craziness going on. He should definitely get all those wins though as he's the guy that's gonna be carrying the company for years to come. Not Rock, not Lesnar and not Austin.

teamXtremist
04-07-2012, 05:05 PM
lol rocks not jobbing to punk anytime soon imo

brock will beat punk setting up brock rock at mania 4 the gold

punks getting austin

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2012, 05:58 PM
You're probably right. And it's unfortunate.

Mr. Nerfect
04-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Brock vs. Rock would not have me interested at all. And I'm fucking pumped that Brock is back. Punk vs. Rock would be a decent match to run, and I think Punk should retain.

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Nothing about Brock vs Rock for the title at WrestleMania screams "future" or even "near present". I don't care to see two part-time guys feuding over the title while the actual roster who has been around night in night out with this being their only occupation for years is sitting back like "Umm... we'll just be over here then, I guess. Having our petty "regular wrestler" feuds.

#1-norm-fan
04-07-2012, 08:37 PM
And I'm not even knocking either of them for coming back or taking TV/PPV time away from the rest of the guys. Not even against one of them winning the title. Just the two of them feuding over it is so... blah.

Damian Rey
04-08-2012, 01:40 AM
Brock/Rock doesn't do anything for me, either. I think their match at Summer Slam 02 was great and it should be left at that.

Personally, I'd love the idea of hot fued seeing Punk chasing Lesnar into Mania. Maybe have Lesnar win the belt from Punk, and feed Cena to Lesnar to keep him busy whhile Punk builds some momentum and gets an eventual title win at next year's Mania.

Mr. Pierre
04-08-2012, 02:07 AM
Rock/Brock would be amazing. Lesnar and Rock are WWE's top two recognizable stars (they are), and having them wrestle each other in the NY/NJ market would be incredible. They could both leave WWE the next night (which may very well happen), and it would be worth it. WrestleMania is about taking the biggest, best stars and putting them up against one another.

I would have a problem with this match if there was someone else who was in the right position to draw money out of The Rock or Brock Lesnar, but there isn't, and that's a long-term problem that WWE has had. There booking has been in shambles for years, and these "part-time" wrestler main events are the product of that bad booking. So until someone comes around that sets the industry on fire with help from the booking team, then I say let the guys that have proven they can draw money, draw money.

KaosDarksol
04-08-2012, 04:17 AM
CM Punk- now overshadowed by the rock and Brock lesnar

Damian Rey
04-08-2012, 10:17 AM
I think retreading a soon to be 10 year old fued is a waste heading into Mania. Brock/Rock would do fine in the middle or end of the year, but ifLesnar is to main event Mania, it should be against one of the current top guys, not with a fellow part timer. Part of the charm with having both Rock and Brock back is that theres an entirely new landscape to use them in that not only freshens them up but freshens up the current roster as well.

Pintint
04-08-2012, 10:21 AM
If they're really trying to solidify Punk as the man, I think Austin would be the LAST person from that three he should job to considering where Austin's at and Punk being in his prime. Austin would come back just to put Punk over too. Especially if he's gonna beat Rock who's on this "he's still got it" thing right now and Lesnar who just came from UFC and is a legit badass, having him lose to a 50 year old guy with a bad neck who hasn't been in a ring in 10 years makes no sense.

Austin, at least in the WWE, is always legit. Even if he was 70 years old and walked to the ring with a cane, he'd still be a badass in the WWE universe.

Damian Rey
04-08-2012, 10:34 AM
hile thats true, Austin going over Punk doesnt do a whole lot while Punk beating the greatest of the Attitude era onky further solidifies him as Best in the World.

Pintint
04-08-2012, 10:37 AM
hile thats true, Austin going over Punk doesnt do a whole lot while Punk beating the greatest of the Attitude era onky further solidifies him as Best in the World.

That I can agree with, but I think it would be better of Austin beats punk first and then Punk beats Austin.

Damian Rey
04-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Meh. Ive never been a fan of "getting your win back" unless its being built towards something huge and can be sustained longterm. If Austin does come back, I would imaine it would be for one time only and if that where the case, he should job to Punk. Austin returningis still very much a pipe dream as it stands. I cannot forsee any scenario where Austin would be willing to put his longterm health and well being on the line for more than one match.

Gertner
04-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Punk can't carry the ball in the WWE. He's done nothing for ratings.

Barry Stevens is the future.

Damian Rey
04-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Rock, Cena, HHH, Orton, Taker, etc have done fuck all for ratings. Fact is, wrestling will likely never reach that point where its a mainstream titan. CM Punk moves merch, gets tons of luve crowd support in every city the take Raw to via signs and chants, and delivers quality promos with good to great matches. I'd say he is carrying the ball quite well and has been 10x more interesting over the las 8 to 10 months than Cena has since his arrival to Raw.

#1-norm-fan
04-08-2012, 02:59 PM
That I can agree with, but I think it would be better of Austin beats punk first and then Punk beats Austin.

The Austin win doesn't do anything though. And like Damian said, the whole "getting your win" back thing is cheap and lazy booking. Not to mention, the blatantly obvious winner of the second match would be Punk at that point. There'd be no drama behind it whatsoever. I can't imagine why anyone, Austin included, would want him to go over Punk.

Damian Rey
04-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Agreed. U know you didnt luke it, but Cena losing to Rock has opened up a fresh direction in character for him. Punk has already been ti the bottom of the barrel, onky to dig and crawl his way back up. Losing a match to Austin will not have the same effect for his character as it did for Cena losing to the Rocj.

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Right now, CM Punk vs. The Rock would actually be a bigger match than Punk vs. Austin. I'd rather see Daniel Bryan vs. Austin at this point, because at least Bryan is a heel character for Austin to tear down.

Heel Punk would be the perfect antithesis to Austin, but right now I'd be far more interested in seeing Punk verbally clash with the "movie star" that's come back and beaten the franchise player.

Mr. Nerfect
04-08-2012, 08:46 PM
The WWE could really turn Over the Limit into a massive PPV if they did Punk vs. Rock and Lesnar vs. Cena.

JimmyMess
04-08-2012, 09:10 PM
This is a cool scenario and I totally get where you are coming from.

Having said that, what makes you think that Brock Lesnar is a bigger star than Steve Austin and The Rock, to the point that he is the final piece to the puzzle. If I was a WWE superstar and I had the opportunity to go over not only The Rock, but ALSO Stone Cold Steve Austin, the last name I would think of to be the next name would be Brock Lesnar.

If you go over Austin and The Rock, you ARE the man. And you have done it all.

Damian Rey
04-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Nobody was pushed and got over as a dominat monster the way Lsnar did. He beat everybody. Rock and Austin's run where nowhere as emphatic and dominant as Lesnar, nor did they go out and legitimize themselves as a real life monster. To me, due to his age, his monster push, and everything he accmplished after WWE, Lesnar is the bigger, freshest choice for a Mania main event.

Austin/Punk would be tough to write but just the idea of the match itself should sell itself.

Rock Bottom
04-09-2012, 01:56 AM
I think most people can at least agree that if the WWE can't capitalize on this kind of star power beyond a couple of huge payoffs, they suck. Somebody needs to get made here. If these guys simply leave again (or "mostly" leave) without leaving it all on one or two guys on their way out, the WWE is fucking stupid. I don't think that guy was Cena is all I'm saying. You can book it however you'd like.

#1-norm-fan
04-09-2012, 02:15 AM
WWE is shitty at booking characters now... so yeah, there's a good chance no one is gonna benefit a whole lot from either of them.

Rock Bottom
04-09-2012, 02:38 AM
How could they possibly fuck this up, I mean, you'd have to go to a really dark place to fuck this all up somehow.

#1-norm-fan
04-09-2012, 02:48 AM
I don't know. But I've seen enough shitty jobs at pushing people over the years to not get my hopes up that anyone's gonna become a star from all this.

Rock Bottom
04-09-2012, 02:52 AM
I really think they just don't have the star power they used to have. That and the fact that you get the feeling (even if you know it already) from most shows that wrestling just isn't where it was in general, in the past. Maybe if they keep going to Chicago, Miami, etc, the crowd will get these guys over. I mean, Daniel Bryan for fucks sake. YES! YES! YES!

The crowd has a LOT to do with this stuff.

Rock Bottom
04-09-2012, 02:54 AM
As happy as I am with the result of Wrestlemania, unless The Rock is taking the title and getting the company uber media coverage, 80's style, he needs to lie down for someone, and I don't see anyone else. <------this may happen anyway

Brock is a different creature entirely because he is going to be around for a while. Austin you KNOW isn't going to come and beat CM Punk. He just wouldn't even do it.

Damian Rey
04-09-2012, 07:27 AM
I think the crowd has a lot to do with it. You have to think that all the kids there are accompanied by uninterested parents who wont be making a ton of noise. Adult heavy crowds like at Mania are going to make some noise and amp everything up. WWE is going to have to work hatd if they want to vonsistently get those fans back into the arena every week.

James Steele
04-09-2012, 07:34 AM
They need to give every fan over 21 a flask and tell them it better be fucking empty when they leave the arena.

Damian Rey
04-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Best idea ever, James. I do feel hat they have made some effort to draw back the adults. The promos have been much edgier as of late, from Jericho's substance abuse remarks, to Rock and Cena getting less goofy and more intense. Makes me wonder a bit.

dingdongyo
04-09-2012, 10:50 AM
other ideas of things that wwe could have cm punk beat:

1) ted nugent
2) batman
3) a mountain lion
4) a fighter jet
5) high gas prices

Damian Rey
04-09-2012, 03:03 PM
High gas prices jobbing to Punk= cemented legacy.

Shadrick
04-09-2012, 03:19 PM
I don't know. But I've seen enough shitty jobs at pushing people over the years to not get my hopes up that anyone's gonna become a star from all this.

This x1000000000