PDA

View Full Version : Heenan Rumor**spoiler**

PureHatred
05-06-2004, 03:42 AM
In case you missed it on the newsboard:

By Richard Gray on May 6, 2004 at 12:26 AM EST

A big story making its rounds today, and this is in no way confirmed at the moment, is the possibility of Bobby Heenan joining WWE and doing more work for them than he has in the past couple of years.

Wade Keller is reporting that Heenan would return in a role that wouldn't necessarily put him on television, rather he would be involved in some of the upcoming video/dvd releases of older footage, as well as a heavy position with WWE's upcoming video on demand feature. Heenan would most likely host shows or do some voiceover commentary work, and the feeling is that Heenan's unique commentary combined with his knowledge for older wrestling would make him a perfect fit in that position.

There were rumors going around not too long ago that suggested Heenan would join the Smackdown brand in commentary with Tazz and Michael Cole, but that is not in the current plans.

If this rumor is true, Jackie could win al the singles' titles, Rico could start dry humping everything that moves, Hirohito could come out and wipe his ass with the American Flag, and every other vignette could feature Torrie Wilson doing lines from "Midsummer Night's Dream" with JBL wearing his wee fairy costume as puck, and I would still tune it.

Honestly, though Heenan as the comedy heel announcer would mean Cole could speak less and Taz could go back to just alling the action. Plus, it would mean that it's a sign Bobby is really and truly 100% healthy. :y:

Azriel
05-06-2004, 08:30 AM
That would be cool seeing Heenan back in some fashion.

Tornado
05-06-2004, 08:31 AM
<font color=#33ffff>Heenan would fit best as a commentator on RAW.

Also, anyone else find William Regals colour commentary on RAW a few weeks back freaking brilliant?</font>

Vastardikai
05-06-2004, 01:30 PM
Heenan is such a good commentator, that he'd put ALL of the guys to shame.

Kamchadal.
05-06-2004, 03:55 PM
I liked Regal as well.

I think that Heenen would be awesome. I have always like his smart-ass comments. He does a put-down as good as anyone.

Nark Order
05-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Heenan is the greatest color commentator of all time

CBright7831
05-06-2004, 05:32 PM
I don't know. Have you heard interviews Heenan has done lately or have you seen the vignette he did on Wrestlemania XX? His voice sounds terrible now, due to the throat cancer and all. I don't know.

Nowhere Man
05-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Heenan > any human being who has ever lived ever.