PDA

View Full Version : Watching Starcraft II games as a sport is mad fun

PrettyCool
05-01-2012, 01:35 PM
Man, u can have ur football and baseball, I'm watching Starcraft!

Watching these pros play with an amazing commentator is great.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gj4Re8vJTKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^ Great game! Any Starcraft II pros here?

Verbose Minch
05-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Back when I used to play Starcraft 2, I loved watching it. Idra (If I remember his name correctly) is a huge faggot and probably still is.

PrettyCool
05-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Back when I used to play Starcraft 2, I loved watching it. Idra (If I remember his name correctly) is a huge faggot and probably still is.

Y did u stop playing?

Kalyx triaD
05-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Way too hardcore for me. Never watched a tourny, though. Wouldn't even know what's going on as far as the meta-game goes.

Verbose Minch
05-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Y did u stop playing?

All of my friends stopped playing and I got sick of having to completely re-do my build orders with the way Blizzard was doing their patches.

It just stopped being fun.

PrettyCool
05-01-2012, 03:59 PM
All of my friends stopped playing and I got sick of having to completely re-do my build orders with the way Blizzard was doing their patches.

It just stopped being fun.

Im playing the starter edition (u can only play as terran) and getting my ass kicked over and over and over :/

But it still fun, so im being a huge punching bag. Do I actually need to go and DL build orders to win?

Verbose Minch
05-01-2012, 04:28 PM
You don't download build orders. There are recommended build orders on various Starcraft wiki's.

A build order (At least how I used them) is basically when you build certain units and certain buildings at specific times. Essentially what you feel works the best for you.

Obviously you want to have different build orders against different races, and you don't want to lock yourself into it either. You have to be able to adapt, and you have to be able to judge what your opponent is doing based on what your scout sees.

If I remember later, I'll find some build orders for Terran's and post them for you.

PrettyCool
05-01-2012, 04:32 PM
I usually end up mixing all sorts of units together and then the enemy rushes into my base with like 2x the units I have and beats me (if he gets to my base before my partners).

Kane Knight
05-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Didn't you have a thread just like this last week?

PrettyCool
05-01-2012, 04:51 PM
Didn't you have a thread just like this last week?

Nein!

Kane Knight
05-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Anyone here into watching game matches online? I LOVE it! Im hooked on Starcraft II pros right now

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ryTZnWakz5g" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Verbose Minch
05-01-2012, 05:00 PM
I usually end up mixing all sorts of units together and then the enemy rushes into my base with like 2x the units I have and beats me (if he gets to my base before my partners).

You're probably sitting on a lot of minerals. You should always have as little minerals as possible, you always want them invested in something.

PrettyCool
05-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Kane Knight : That was a different game.

You're probably sitting on a lot of minerals. You should always have as little minerals as possible, you always want them invested in something.

One round I played two days ago, at the end, I had "most resources gathered", but my "army" got annihilated. I had tons of random units, a few upgrades, and two bases...:/

Verbose Minch
05-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Gathering a lot of resources is great, it's what you invest them in that is important.

Kane Knight
05-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Kane Knight : That was a different game.

Different game, identical concept that was so identical to one of your prior threads it was merged.

I think that match up there would itnerest me if I had any idea what was going on.

PrettyCool
05-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Different game, identical concept that was so identical to one of your prior threads it was merged.

I think that match up there would itnerest me if I had any idea what was going on.

Yeah Starcraft is a complicated game thats why its not as popular as call of duty

Kane Knight
05-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Everything's complicated when you don't know the rules.

Which probably makes tying your shoelaces a rather complicated affair for you, PrettyCool.

Bad Company
05-02-2012, 11:13 AM
I watch a lot of LoL streams, nice to get some tips from the pros, and they are pretty entertaining.

PrettyCool
05-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Everything's complicated when you don't know the rules.

Which probably makes tying your shoelaces a rather complicated affair for you, PrettyCool.

Last I hear ppl dont win THOUSANDS of dollars in "shoe tying competitions".

Kane Knight
05-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Last I hear ppl dont win THOUSANDS of dollars in "shoe tying competitions".

Well, both are out of your reach, so...:lol:

PrettyCool
05-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Well, both are out of your reach, so...:lol:

Its okay, your mom ties my shoes for a lil somethin somethin :naughty:

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Watching somebody play a video game like its a sport will never appeal to me except if AJ Lee is playing. Though I'd probably be mainly looking at her ass. Just sayin'

Kane Knight
05-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Its okay, your mom ties my shoes for a lil somethin somethin :naughty:

Says the man who will die a virgin because just looking at girls makes him pass out.

PrettyCool
05-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Says the man who will die a virgin because just looking at girls makes him pass out.

No it doesnt, I just know what can/will happen and I avoid it because im not on "that level" yet.

Funky Fly
05-03-2012, 05:43 PM
http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=118011

Your other topic is still on the first page.

PrettyCool
05-03-2012, 05:50 PM
http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=118011

Your other topic is still on the first page.

Thats Iop's thread, not my.

Funky Fly
05-04-2012, 02:26 AM
Riiiiiiight.

Either way, it's still on the first page and relates to this. It's proper forum etiquette to check for recent threads relating to the same subject before you go creating new threads.

PrettyCool
05-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Riiiiiiight.

Either way, it's still on the first page and relates to this. It's proper forum etiquette to check for recent threads relating to the same subject before you go creating new threads.

Come on I cant go and check everything before I make a post, thats ridicuoulous. Pretty much everything ever has already been posted anyway unless its a news item.

Funky Fly
05-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Um, no. That's how it's done. There's a search button right at the top of the page. Use it.

Fuck and you wonder why everyone gets on your case.

PrettyCool
05-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Um, no. That's how it's done. There's a search button right at the top of the page. Use it.

Fuck and you wonder why everyone gets on your case.

thats retarded just because something was discussed in the past doesnt meaen u cant discuss it again

Funky Fly
05-04-2012, 04:50 PM
That thread isn't even a week old and it's on the front page. It's right there for you to continue discussing. Haven't you noticed how some of these threads have 50 pages or more? It's directly because people use the same thread for the same topic.

PrettyCool
05-07-2012, 12:40 PM
I cant seem to win a single match. I won one but it was 2v2 and my teammate took both of the other 2 down. This game is maddd hard