PDA

View Full Version : Would an Occupy Protester gimmick be a heel or a face?

Damndirty
05-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I don't know if they had a real vandalizing antigovernment group gimmick (NWO and DX, maybe Nexus were the closest, but they were more anti-company than anti-government) like this, but with the coming of times, we might end up seeing it one way or another. We could see some Occupy guys chanting catchphrases through a megaphone, spray painting the titantron, beating people with protest signs, throwing molotov cocktails during their entrance (or backstage), wearing bandanas over their faces. It'd be fucking sweet to see them protest Linda's political campaign, but not in a million years would it happen. Would people like this be over or would they have monkey shit thrown at them like the Three Stooges?

St. Jimmy
05-05-2012, 09:43 PM
No. /thread

Wake Up Call
05-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Occupy Protesters are useless, bums. We already have one of those in WWE, Daniel Bryan.

Pintint
05-05-2012, 10:04 PM
No.

Knowing Vince McMahon's political stance/leanings, it would be some sort of ridiculous caricature rather than anything interesting. They screwed up Hassan, and that had IMMENSE potential at the beginning.

Damndirty
05-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Occupy Protesters are useless, bums. We already have one of those in WWE, Daniel Bryan.

Then they would be good heels in that case.

Damndirty
05-05-2012, 10:19 PM
No.

Knowing Vince McMahon's political stance/leanings, it would be some sort of ridiculous caricature rather than anything interesting. They screwed up Hassan, and that had IMMENSE potential at the beginning.

Not if they had their asses kicked. If he doesn't like it, heel it.

Curd
05-05-2012, 11:36 PM
An OWS stable would camp out in the Divas locker room (their only one!), be kicked out by executive order of John Laurainitus, and then be demolished wholesale by Lesnar when they try to "occupy" his locker room. If comprised of FCW guys, the OWS stable would then be sent back to FCW much like the Spirit Squad returned to OVW, but in record time. If comprised of C-show guys, they would just return to their previous angles as if nothing happened.

Tom Guycott
05-05-2012, 11:51 PM
No.

I initially thought the same thing. For the same reason.

But then, I thought about CM Punk. His infamous "first pipebomb" rant on Cena and the company, and subsequent "anti-company guy who's still making you a ton of money" character was, more or less, an #occupy movement.

If the people in the "this is the future" championship photo formed a stable about the time of Punk's "return", and went on to have every heel on the roster Johnny Ace could throw at them, this could have been big organically, just like the inital #occupysallstreet movement was. Plus, it would have been more relevant pop culturally at that point. The potential to catch lightning was definitely there.

However, if they just threw together a group of people on the roster who are doing absolutely nothing, they would just become a joke for Vince's personal amusement beyond the levels of the JOB Squad plus the Mean Street Posse multiplied by the Spirit Squad.

Razzamajazz
05-06-2012, 12:01 AM
it would be a stinky dirty hippie that does absolutely nothing but sing shitty songs with a trash can drum. so heel

The Whole F'n Show
05-06-2012, 01:41 AM
I could see Stevie Richards circa his Right To Censor character pulling this one off, as a heel

Rollermacka
05-06-2012, 03:22 PM
So what's he gonna do? Come out, holding signs, and cry about how Vince makes soo much more money than him?

Then Vince sends out Ryback and he destroys him. The next weeks he "protests" Johnny Ace, and Ace sends out Otunga who destroys him. After that he does the same to HHH, and HHH sends out Tensi who destroys him.... I like it :yes:

Evil Vito
05-06-2012, 03:47 PM
<font color=goldenrod>90% of the roster were Occupy protestors for a week last year. Triple H, John Cena, Sheamus, and CM Punk were the only ones to show up for work...making the protestors heels by proxy.</font>

Pintint
05-06-2012, 03:53 PM
This sounds like the perfect gimmick for Scotty Goldman! OCCUPY EVERYTHING! He could "Occupy" Vince's office in the first week.

Damndirty
05-07-2012, 11:10 PM
90% of the roster were Occupy protestors for a week last year. Triple H, John Cena, Sheamus, and CM Punk were the only ones to show up for work...making the protestors heels by proxy.

Yeah, I forgot about that!

owenbrown
05-08-2012, 03:10 AM
terrible idea

Indifferent Clox
05-08-2012, 09:26 AM
I had an idea for a gimmick where dude would protest inverted atomic drops, as you never know if its a low blow or not.

I'd keep it going with various pro Wrestling standards being turned on their head but eventually get absurd with it.

Coward heel.

As for an occupy wall street Guy, I'd put two people with the gimmick and one takes a more heel approach while the other a more face approach.