PDA

View Full Version : TNA Sacrifice Discussion

Mr. Nerfect
05-13-2012, 11:31 PM
I've never done one of these before, but it seems like TNA had a PPV today. Here are the results:

* Christopher Daniels & Kazarian defeated Samoa Joe & Magnus to become the new TNA World Tag Team Champions when Daniels & Kazarian pinned Magnus with some sort of Total Elimination-type move.

* Gail Kim defeated the super-hot Brooke Tessmacher to retain the TNA Knockout Championship with a roll-up using the ropes for leverage.

* Devon defeated Robbie E. and Robbie T. to retain the TNA Television Championship when he rolled up Robbie E.

* Mr. Anderson defeated Jeff Hardy with a roll-up. There was controversy in the match, as apparently Hardy kicked out at two but the referee counted to three, anyway.

* Crimson was set to face Matt Morgan, but apparently Morgan ran out of contracted appearances (not sure if this is real or kayfabe). Crimson gave an open challenge and Eric Young accepted, and Crimson won with his Red Sky finisher.

* Austin Aries defeated Bully Ray in what was reportedly a fantastic match. Ray cut a promo before the match and said that there is no way Aries can give him the Brainbuster, no matter how big his heart is. Ray dominated Aries for most of the match, and apparently Aries took a vicious bump involving the guardrail. Aries eventually did get Ray up for the Brainbuster, but it only got two. Ray submitted to the Last Chancery, however.

* Kurt Angle forced AJ Styles to submit to the Ankle Lock. Daniels & Kazarian tried to attack Styles after the match, but Kurt Angle made the save.

* Bobby Roode defeated Rob Van Dam in a Ladder Match to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

Sounds like a PPV with solid wrestling, but it sounds pretty half-half. Three matches in a row ending with a roll-up is a bit...meh. If we get Daniels & Kazarian vs. Angle & Styles vs. Joe & Magnus vs. The Motor City Machine Guns at Slammiversay, all will be forgiven.

Bobby Roode picking up a clean win is good for him, I guess. It sounds like Aries really shone like a star tonight, though.

VSG
05-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Was about to just post those in the 100k thread since you would not get a lot of interest here.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Thanks for posting results saved me the time going to some virus infested site. Not that I really care about what happens on TNA except for Austin Aries. Good for him and Bully Ray for putting him over.

St. Jimmy
05-13-2012, 11:50 PM
No one will ever care about TNA. It's like that toilet in the shifty chinese place with the constantly backed up toilet that just won't flush.

That toilet is TNA. It's full of shit.

Mr. Nerfect
05-14-2012, 12:15 AM
It's kind of sad that there is so little care for TNA.

#BROKEN Hasney
05-14-2012, 12:30 AM
TNAs next PPV will just be a pay-per-view webpage and they're just going to put their roster into TEW and paste the results in every 15 mins. Buy rates would shoot up.

Match #1: Alex Shelly defeats Shark Boy with a ROLL-UP

Match #2: Whatever the fuck Ravens new stable is called defeat Team 3D when one of Ravens members rolls up Spike Dudley.

And so on.

Hell, it's better than letting Russo write.

Mr. JL
05-14-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm really tired of Bobby Roode doing the Triple H '02, '03 and '04 routine.

You are not going to legitimize Bobby Roode by making him look like he can be defeated by the long list of challengers he's already been made to look weak against.

Plus, who does defeat him? The wrestlers TNA fans care to pay to watch defeat Bobby Roode have already been utilized so really where is the MONEY match??? You can't realistically use AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Sting, James Storm or now Rob Van Dam. Plus, you already used Kurt Angle versus Bobby Roode at Bound For Glory so you cannot even do that match and have it be fresh.

Outside of Austin Aries there is NO ONE in TNA that has enough momentum to beat Bobby Roode and have it mean something. Even then, Austin Aries is not a proven draw so its IFFY.

So if not all the guys I've listed above where is this going? Garett Bischoff?

Mr. JL
05-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Hulk Hogan?

Mr. JL
05-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Ric Flair?

Mr. JL
05-14-2012, 12:41 AM
King Mo?

Rollermacka
05-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Rob Terry?

Mr. Nerfect
05-14-2012, 04:25 AM
I'm really tired of Bobby Roode doing the Triple H '02, '03 and '04 routine.

You are not going to legitimize Bobby Roode by making him look like he can be defeated by the long list of challengers he's already been made to look weak against.

Plus, who does defeat him? The wrestlers TNA fans care to pay to watch defeat Bobby Roode have already been utilized so really where is the MONEY match??? You can't realistically use AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Sting, James Storm or now Rob Van Dam. Plus, you already used Kurt Angle versus Bobby Roode at Bound For Glory so you cannot even do that match and have it be fresh.

Outside of Austin Aries there is NO ONE in TNA that has enough momentum to beat Bobby Roode and have it mean something. Even then, Austin Aries is not a proven draw so its IFFY.

So if not all the guys I've listed above where is this going? Garett Bischoff?

I disagree. Roode's reign has been absolutely fantastic. It ain't broke, so why fix it? The thing is, if Roode looked strong against all his challengers, then he would do exactly what Triple H did do in his NyQuil reign of 2002-2003 -- make all the babyfaces on his brand look weak. But TNA fans can take solace in having some sort of justification that Jeff Hardy, James Storm or Sting could beat Roode on any given night.

As far as Kurt Angle goes -- he beat Roode, so if they presented him as a babyface challenger, Roode could really shit himself. But I personally would go with Roode's next challenger being Austin Aries.

Have Roode come out on Impact! and claim that he's the best champion in TNA's histroy, surviving everything from pissed off partners to corrupt General Managers, and yet he is still not recognised as the greatest of all-time, and all that jazz. Austin Aries comes out and says that he and Roode have seen eye-to-eye in the past, but if Roode is going to come out here and claim that he's the greatest champion in TNA's history, then they're going to have to agree to disagree.

Aries talks about how he's the longest reigning X-Division Champion in TNA's history, and that he beat Bully Ray, who he may despise, but he has to respect the legendary achievements of. Aries says that he'd be happy to prove it to Roode by beating him for the World Heavyweight Championship. Roode just laughs at Aries and says "This is the World Heavyweight Championship; it's for heavyweight!" Roode says that Aries should take his victory against Bully Ray as the great feather in his cap that it is and go back to beating children, because if he plays with the adults, he's going to get hurt. Cue Aries snapping like he did on Bully Ray and just kicking Roode's ass around ringside.

It may not be the hugest draw ever, but if you had the following matches set for Slammiversary:

TNA World Heavyweight Championship/TNA X-Division Championship
Bobby Roode (c) vs. Austin Aries (c)

Four-Way Tag Team Elimination Match for the TNA World Tag Team Championship
Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (c) vs. Samoa Joe & Magnus vs. Kurt Angle & AJ Styles vs. The Motor City Machine Guns

TNA Television Championship
Devon (c) vs. Crimson

TNA Knockout Championship
Gail Kim (c) vs. Tara

Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy

Monster's Ball
Abyss vs. Bully Ray

Rob Van Dam vs. Gunner

You're on your way to one heck of a card, really.

Innovator
05-14-2012, 10:33 AM
I watched the opening match, when did Joe turn into the fat Diaz brother?

Dukelorange
05-14-2012, 08:38 PM
I just watched the Knockouts match and called it a night... but it looked good reading it.

Gertner
05-14-2012, 08:51 PM
No one will ever care about TNA. It's like that toilet in the shifty chinese place with the constantly backed up toilet that just won't flush.

That toilet is TNA. It's full of shit.

ROH is the shit inside that backed up toilet.

Mr. JL
05-16-2012, 11:12 PM
I

See I'd argue that it is broken. Unfortunately we do not have actual PPV numbers but from what I have read the only thing that moved the PPV needle was the Roode vs Hardy and other than that PPV numbers were down in the dumps.

And those numbers bumped up because people wanted to see Jeff Hardy win... not to watch Roode cheaply win in a fashion that leaves a bad taste.

Least we agree that TNA could be close and on the verge of making Austin Aries a star if they played their cards correctly... which they most likely will not.