PDA

View Full Version : Do we really want Johnny Ace fired?

Damndirty
05-19-2012, 10:36 AM
He's a dick and his voice is annoying, but he has made the programming seem better with more direction since being GM for both shows. Big Show did an excellent job of making people hate Ace more than Punk did, so killing the heat this soon would be a mistake. I'm pretty sure he ain't leaving though, the Cena thing is being made to look one sided, but we've been around long enough to know what's really gonna happen.

Nicky Fives
05-19-2012, 11:06 AM
He's alright, but I don;t need to see him on camera for 20 minutes at a time, nor should he be the primary focus of any show, like this past Raw......

Taker it Easy
05-19-2012, 11:14 AM
No. Long Johnny is amazing. His vocal skill set is radical and thus less than easy to define. It is unknown how he does it yet he does it.

Regularly he comes upon the pit of mic death where most talents fall in, flail and fail in front of the live audience yet he toys with it in a way that suggest, "maybe I will fall in it this time... no I will do something golden and succeed and you won't know how I do it."

Long Johnny is amazing on the mic. His improv skill set is out of the WWE universe. He fits into this role so well in what can be said to be the current climate.

He is hilarious yet believable. He can walk an amazingly fine line between covert and overt heel and neutral businessman.

I look forward to seeing him in the ring because I think he wants to cement an American wrestling legacy rather than just having a Japanese legacy. So lets see what he will do come PPV time.

Long John has likely been the best booker figure on screen since Vince.

Corporate CockSnogger
05-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Nah, best on screen authoritative figure in a long time.

Swiss Ultimate
05-19-2012, 11:59 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1LIUKkKEMAU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1LIUKkKEMAU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Swiss Ultimate
05-19-2012, 12:13 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQAcGlwdSjI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQAcGlwdSjI?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Innovator
05-19-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm just tired of the heel authority figure.

Pintint
05-19-2012, 12:27 PM
No, he's very entertaining and refreshing. Teddy Long was so boring and annoying. We needed a good new heel authority figure.

RiX1024
05-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Ace should not be fired, he's a great heel and does his job well.

Ruien
05-19-2012, 01:15 PM
I don't like to see anyone get fired, but he needs to get off my television after the 5 minute mark.

Hanso Amore
05-19-2012, 02:02 PM
It's nice keeping vince off tv.

There is a food face authority in hhh

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2012, 07:15 PM
It makes absolutely no sense for John Laurinaitis to win at Over the Limit. He will, but he shouldn't.

Here's what will happen: John Cena looks like he's about to beat John Laurinaitis when Big Show comes out and attacks Cena, and he can't be fired since he's no longer a kayfabe WWE Superstar. But here is why it makes no sense:

If Big Show attacked John Laurinaitis instead, then there would need to be new General Managers of RAW and SmackDown! established. What GM would not hire a 441lbs former World Champion that they essentially owe their job to?

With Paul Heyman suing Triple H and the WWE, the Board of Directors could offer him the position of General Manager in exchange for him dropping the lawsuit. The Paul Heyman character would then have power, and that could be the storyline that entices Brock Lesnar back into the WWE. Keep in mind that Big Show was a Paul Heyman man, as well, winning the WWE Championship and ECW Championship under Heyman's umbrella. Could seemingly innocent Big Show interference at Over the Limit actually be a huge plot orchestrated by the "Mad Scientist of Professional Wrestling?"

Another on-air character to keep in mind is Eve Torres. In the ring, Eve has improved leaps and bounds, but she continues to do so as an "authority figure in training" on RAW and SmackDown!. It would actually make perfect sense for Eve to also have an unsigned talent attack Johnny Ace at Over the Limit, and then use her powers of manipulation to secure herself a position as the full-time General Manager.

So, basically, I do want Johnny to be defeated at Over the Limit, because it would best suit the future direction of storylines, in my opinion. Yes, it essentially kills off that heat machine character, but there are ways around it. Is Laurinaitis terminated as the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations? Vince McMahon has been removed from power, but do you really think it'll be the last we see of him? Perhaps Vince and Johnny can form a powerful alliance off-screen and attempt to wrest the WWE back from the control of Triple H and whoever the new General Manager is?

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Also, Teddy Long needs to get some payback against John Laurinaitis. There needs to be some moment where Teddy gets to look up at a pissed off Laurinaitis and wish him the best in his future endeavours and then do his little dance.

David Otunga could find himself fighting for his job, as well. Whoever is acting as RAW General Manager the following night, whether it be Triple H, Eve Torres, Teddy Long, Vickie Guerrero or whoever, could put Otunga in a match against Big Show where he has to win to stay employed on RAW. Show beats Otunga soundly, mounts more momentum as a babyface and then Otunga can go to NXT, where he can work on his ring skills and promo ability, and add -- dare I say it -- star power to the show.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Have Teddy Long take control of SmackDown! for one week, as a trial to see how he does with the job; but have priority one for him to make Antonio Cesaro a sorry man. Cesaro could be forced, again, into a match with Big Show. The Giant beats Cesaro and then Teddy Long can fire Cesaro and Aksana, leading to the two appearing on NXT and developing their characters there.

#1-norm-fan
05-19-2012, 07:53 PM
He's that "So bad he's good" type. But that wears off eventually. Then the novelty wears off and reality sinks in. I can't compliment a guy for being terrible at everything he's supposed to do. It's like when people were raving about Vickie being a top heel in the company at one point. I miss when actually having some kind of redeeming quality was important.

#1-norm-fan
05-19-2012, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't really care if he was more of a "hands off" president type ala Jack Tunney back in the day. Tunney wasn't very good on the mic or anything either but he was a realistic authority figure. There was just rarely a lot put on his shoulders.

Mr. Nerfect
05-19-2012, 10:34 PM
John Laurinaitis loses at Over the Limit due to Cena kicking his ass and Big Show knocking Ace the fuck out.

The next night on RAW, Triple H says that he may have whispered something into somebody's ear to get the stipulations of the match changed to take away any advantage Laurinaitis would have given himself. He then announces that tonight, David Otunga and Eve Torres will compete with their jobs on the line, as well.

Otunga loses to Big Show, and goes to NXT where he polishes off his ring skills a bit. Eve also works NXT, and tries to slut her way into Dusty Rhodes' administration, but also works RAW under a mask. Call her "Reina Sin Rostro" or something like that. She basically tries to earn her contract back under anonymity.

#1-norm-fan
05-19-2012, 10:43 PM
I like the idea someone mentioned a couple days ago of Paul Heyman coming back to run the shows as a settlement of the lawsuits.

Tommy Gunn
05-19-2012, 11:34 PM
I think people power still has some juice left.

#1-norm-fan
05-19-2012, 11:55 PM
The "people power" thing does. Plus I hate the constant changing of GMs so fast. It's a microcosm of the company's horrible inability to stick with anything and keep it interesting.

That being said, now that they've backed themselves into this match with the stipulations it has, I think it would be cool if Cena was the man to end Laurinaitis' reign and could just come out on Raw the next night and be like "You're welcome" and drop the mic, smile and walk away. It would do great for getting the crowd more behind Cena.

Skippord
05-20-2012, 12:25 AM
the fact that he seems to have problems speaking words makes me say yes

Keith
05-20-2012, 12:27 AM
TBH he hasn't gotten as over as he should've. He just doesn't have the charisma to be the "evil boss".

#1-norm-fan
05-20-2012, 12:35 AM
the fact that he seems to have problems speaking words makes me say yes

Sometimes I over-complicate things when trying to explain them...

I salute you.

Team Sheep
05-20-2012, 01:18 AM
I preferred him when he was unintentionally being a dick. Now his character just tries too hard to be a heel, making ridiculous decisions and statements constantly. Still like him though, but I'm not bothered whether he stays or goes.

Lock Jaw
05-20-2012, 01:20 AM
I, for one, am all for firing him and bringing back that Anonymous fellow. Now he did a GREAT job.

Keith
05-20-2012, 01:21 AM
And we never found out who he was always texting/calling.

#1-norm-fan
05-20-2012, 01:31 AM
Don't remind me of the texting thing. Fucking WWE not knowing where they're going with shit. Seriously... you can hire people to write better than that for WAY less money. I can't think of any other team of writers who can be labeled "professional writers" and write such horrible, unprofessional, lazy storylines with no end in mind... Dammit to hell.

Keith
05-20-2012, 01:34 AM
Off the top of my head, we never found out who Johnny was always texting, and we never found out who was the Anonymous RAW GM.

It's like "Just don't mention it, fans will just forget".

Logan
05-20-2012, 02:11 AM
i personally go for lesnar interfering, even though thats too obvious.

on an otunga note, after the whole nexus fiasco, I stopped caring about him. I'd probably like him more if he actually wrestled on a semni regular basis instead of the crap hes doing now.

As far as the whole text thing goes... lets go nuts... why not have the person he was texting be the anonymous gm? or even lesnar or heyman?

I agree, ive had enough of the hell authority figure... been done to death with vince and the mcmahon helmsley era in the 90s.

Logan
05-20-2012, 02:12 AM
OR even have it be that Johnny L was the anonymous GM all along, if you want to get silly with it.

Plus thatd be a nice loophole, have him be fired as either the VP of talent relations or GM, and keep the other, though i suppose thatd be too obvious

Tommy Gunn
05-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Pretty good loophole, having Brock Lesnar turn up.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-20-2012, 10:07 AM
It's either Big Show or Brock. I'd probably go with Big Show because it gives Cena another feud to distract him away from getting the WWE title again.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-20-2012, 10:09 AM
And we never found out who he was always texting/calling.

Probably David Otunga his legal adviser, but we'll never know for certain.

SlickyTrickyDamon
05-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Have Teddy Long take control of SmackDown! for one week, as a trial to see how he does with the job; but have priority one for him to make Antonio Cesaro a sorry man. Cesaro could be forced, again, into a match with Big Show. The Giant beats Cesaro and then Teddy Long can fire Cesaro and Aksana, leading to the two appearing on NXT and developing their characters there.

Swiss death to Claudio getting de-pushed! To hell with that. I agree with the rest of the stuff you said pretty much though.

Keith
05-20-2012, 12:59 PM
This week on ESPN's Sportsnation, even Michelle Beadle made fun of Johnny's voice.

Damndirty
05-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Don't remind me of the texting thing. Fucking WWE not knowing where they're going with shit. Seriously... you can hire people to write better than that for WAY less money. I can't think of any other team of writers who can be labeled "professional writers" and write such horrible, unprofessional, lazy storylines with no end in mind... Dammit to hell.

The worst one being Vince's illegitimate Mcmahon child. They kept holding it off forfreakingever as if there was some seriousness to it, but then it became apparent that this was merely some dipshit backstage scribbling the storyline with one hand and smacking a hammer against his head with the other, giggling uncontrollably, wiping his ass with the script and hands it to Vince, who then tells him,"This is the shit!"

Damndirty
05-20-2012, 10:16 PM
I think Michael Cole would make a good authority heel in his stead, at least there, we wouldn't hear his voice as much.

Vastardikai
05-20-2012, 11:17 PM
The worst one being Vince's illegitimate Mcmahon child. They kept holding it off forfreakingever as if there was some seriousness to it, but then it became apparent that this was merely some dipshit backstage scribbling the storyline with one hand and smacking a hammer against his head with the other, giggling uncontrollably, wiping his ass with the script and hands it to Vince, who then tells him,"This is the shit!"

I'm glad I wasn't drinking when I read this.